Quantcast

» «
Photo

Online has more customisation then Single Player?

65 replies to this topic
TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically correct.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

I really don't get it.. GTA is a single player game and it feels like R* spent more time on customisation in Online instead of Single Player.

Online has more camos for your guns which makes no sense since this should be in single player, a lot more hairstyles in online compared to 5 maybe 6 for each character in single player, more clothes in online compared to single player, etc..

Along with cutomization, features like quick GPS, enlarged radar, inventory, etc.. should also be in Single Player, it makes no sense why you'd make it only available for online.

What do you guys think about all the features only available in online and not in single player? Do you think R* should add these features into single player or keep it online only?

• high91 likes this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Also, police will chase you if you are in a stolen car.
You can buy insurance for your cars
You can buy garages and safe houses
You can leave your car anywhere and you can still see it on the map.
You can call lester and other places to help you do tasks or remove a wanted level.
You can start gang wars

Probably other stuff I'm forgetting but yes, I 100% agree it should be in single player mode too.
  • ATastyCookie, darkwar854, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

I agree.

But it's not going to happen.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by bicycles?, 01 November 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Offline players have no access to a 'gallery' of any sort, so we can't actually do anything with the cellphone camera beside looking through it, except on the stupid few 'hunting missions.'

We also don't have access to the bawsaq, which means no tinkle, beta pharmaceuticals, or any of the other important/big money/lester stocks.

We also can't fix the very basic things that they've patched so far, which shouldn't have needed patching in the first place if the game was actually game-tested, or if it wasn't deliberately stymied to force people into their 'social club' bs.

it's horsesh*t, and rockstar deserves a lot more criticism than they're getting. The game should've been advertised as online-only if they were going to hobble it like this.

As it is, it was a $60 demo disk.

• theGTAking101 and Jenia like this

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

That's because Micro$soft wants everyone to pay for a Live account.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

I think Rockstar has invested heavily in internet providers stocks.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:09 PM Edited by FromBrnoCity, 01 November 2013 - 11:09 PM.

Well, I want to Rockstar add some new clothes in SP then.

Lol because I enjoy single player way more than multiplayer.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by pilscy, 02 November 2013 - 07:44 AM.

Money.

I bin saying this tho. What rockstar sold us was just pre-required data (On CD) to play online. most missions aren't missions.storyline??? There is none.

Everything good about the game now can be sold separate. all the best features can be sold now... online whereas years ago [ps2/xbox era], online gaming wasn't so large

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

The reason there is more stuff online is because online is supposed to last you a lot longer than single player. And a lot of the extras in online would be a bit pointless in single player. A longer SP story would have been nice though.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 02 November 2013 - 08:28 AM.

I bought this game for Grand Theft Auto V, not Grand Theft Auto Online, so I am more than a little disappointed. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Deez nutz.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

They rushed single player so badly that nearly everything is broken. Not to mention I can't see anything 'revolutionary' about GTA V. Underwater? Working convertibles? Do those two things make this game new? They rushed the story and everything else just so they could move onto the online mode. The game has no AI, broken police system, horrible issues, no interiors, no interaction, and heaps more. A game famous for its single player is now known for its online... Disappointing. Now they're going to pump it with DLC, and I can't stand DLC, it's so greedy, to make consumers purchase content they should own, as they already own the game.

I'm a single player only gamer, I don't play multiplayer in games. Rockstar used the 'V' title to boost awareness, and lied about all these great features. What happens when we got the game? We realised 85% or more of the game's content was locked to online only. Was there any point? Yes, from a marketing perspective its genius, it would make players move to the online mode, which in return might make them fall for the microtransaction scam Rock-, I mean, EAStar made to earn more. They could easily put all the online exclusive vehicles, properties, and customisation in single player, boosting the amount of things to do, but they didn't, because they want more money.

All I can do is wait for the PC version, then I can use a trainer to access all the online content they locked out for us single player gamers, it should be fun. GTA VI will probably be an online-only game with the way they're going. Another thing that really annoyed me is the deal they did with Micro$oft, you have to have a pointless 'Gold' account to save images from the Snapmatic application. I thought that 'Gold' thing was for online access? Not to unlock features. That just crosses the line, making me pay to save photos? That's not only disgustingly greedy, but just downright rude to try and squeeze everything from consumers. They could easily make images save to the drive, even older GTA games saved images locally, but that doesn't make Rockstar money. What next, pay $5 every time I want to save the game?

I'm just severely annoyed about how they lied to us, making us consumers look like the kind who get anything with a R* logo printed on it, I knew GTA V would have some flaws, but not on a scale where the game becomes downright boring because you get a wanted level for standing still... Only PC mods can redeem this game. I have over 200 hours in the game, it's fun, but when I think of the issues with it or how greedy they are, it really annoys me, a game that could have been amazing turned out to be the exact opposite, a poorly done, rushed, single player experience that was pushed aside in favour of multiplayer. I don't have a problem with online gamers, I just don't like how companies only cater for them.

• SarahPilko, Jackath, ATastyCookie and 5 others like this

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

They rushed single player so badly that nearly everything is broken. Not to mention I can't see anything 'revolutionary' about GTA V. Underwater? Working convertibles? Do those two things make this game new? They rushed the story and everything else just so they could move onto the online mode. The game has no AI, broken police system, horrible issues, no interiors, no interaction, and heaps more. A game famous for its single player is now known for its online... Disappointing. Now they're going to pump it with DLC, and I can't stand DLC, it's so greedy, to make consumers purchase content they should own, as they already own the game.

I'm a single player only gamer, I don't play multiplayer in games. Rockstar used the 'V' title to boost awareness, and lied about all these great features. What happens when we got the game? We realised 85% or more of the game's content was locked to online only. Was there any point? Yes, from a marketing perspective its genius, it would make players move to the online mode, which in return might make them fall for the microtransaction scam Rock-, I mean, EAStar made to earn more. They could easily put all the online exclusive vehicles, properties, and customisation in single player, boosting the amount of things to do, but they didn't, because they want more money.

All I can do is wait for the PC version, then I can use a trainer to access all the online content they locked out for us single player gamers, it should be fun. GTA VI will probably be an online-only game with the way they're going. Another thing that really annoyed me is the deal they did with Micro$oft, you have to have a pointless 'Gold' account to save images from the Snapmatic application. I thought that 'Gold' thing was for online access? Not to unlock features. That just crosses the line, making me pay to save photos? That's not only disgustingly greedy, but just downright rude to try and squeeze everything from consumers. They could easily make images save to the drive, even older GTA games saved images locally, but that doesn't make Rockstar money. What next, pay $5 every time I want to save the game?

I'm just severely annoyed about how they lied to us, making us consumers look like the kind who get anything with a R* logo printed on it, I knew GTA V would have some flaws, but not on a scale where the game becomes downright boring because you get a wanted level for standing still... Only PC mods can redeem this game. I have over 200 hours in the game, it's fun, but when I think of the issues with it or how greedy they are, it really annoys me, a game that could have been amazing turned out to be the exact opposite, a poorly done, rushed, single player experience that was pushed aside in favour of multiplayer. I don't have a problem with online gamers, I just don't like how companies only cater for them.

Could you explain to me why EA is still so horrible in your eyes? They ditched the online passes, and they don't release as much DLC as Konami ( AKA Charging 2.99 for a costume and flooding the marketplace and PSN store with about 15 of them in one day) Besides, the first bundles of DLC will be free. (Beach Bum Pack, Heists, etc) And anything else will have been completely developed after the game was released.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilitated Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

its not that online have more customization, its that in single player the characters already have a established personalities, that why they set up each character with certain hair styles, certain clothing styles, etc...

in online they have to offer a vast amount of customization because its a open world game and they dont want every character to look the same, so having more hair cuts and stuff is a smart move.

apart from the quick menu we can access in gtao, i dont see nothing in gtao that we dont have in SP.

can we buy a safehouse in gtao, big deal... if we had the ability to buy multiple safe houses and garages than i would scream, but in reality you can only own 1 safehouse in gtao.

1 safe house, if you want to buy a garage the. you have to sell your house, cant have them both separate.
  • Flexx likes this

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

R* doesnt care about SP anymore unfortunatley, MP is the priority now....which f*cking sucks.

Losing faith in R* tbh

Theyre basically gonna put the majority of  their resources into MP/GTA Online from now on.

GTA is a single player game ffs multiplayer should just be an add on like how it was in GTA IV, not a fully fledged separate brand where they sacrifice things in SP.

GTAandStuff
  • GTAandStuff

Oh what a thread! WHAT A LOVELY THREAD!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:37 PM Edited by GTAandStuff, 02 February 2014 - 10:38 PM.

Haha I know this topic is really old, but actually there are way more clothes in singleplayer than Online. Which actually pisses me off. I'm kinda wishing the opposite here, because I think they should have added more clothes from the singleplayer to Online. None of the best clothes from singleplayer are Online imo and even though there are more haircuts Online, none of them look as good as the ones in singleplayer imo.

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:03 PM Edited by codename_duchess, 02 February 2014 - 11:04 PM.

Could you explain to me why EA is still so horrible in your eyes? They ditched the online passes, and they don't release as much DLC as Konami ( AKA Charging 2.99 for a costume and flooding the marketplace and PSN store with about 15 of them in one day) Besides, the first bundles of DLC will be free. (Beach Bum Pack, Heists, etc) And anything else will have been completely developed after the game was released.

Just giving my two cents worth here. Not anti EA and i love me some FIFA, especially the last few they've released (was always a Pro Evo guy), and on occasion a bit of Tiger Woods, but i do remember some controversy about their employment practises. Pretty interesting stuff. Check out this link ....

http://ea-spouse.liv...al.com/274.html

RatchetAZ
  • RatchetAZ

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

Theres a lot of stuff in the game that should be on SP only not online, not every single person who has a 360 or PS3 or PS4 which ever its on wants or has the ability to have online so they are missing out I don't have online but there is so much stuff that's on online that I'd like to see on SP mainly the garage issue needs to be sorted, property etc. A longer story is ideal this was way too short for a game of this size. I bought GTA 5 not GTA 5 online. But GTA 5 is out there they should scrap online for GTA 6 and have everything on SP only. I'd rather wait a while for them to make a decent GTA 6 game and make it feel like they took time over it rather than rushed.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:08 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 02 February 2014 - 11:08 PM.

To all the people who say: "Online has all this stuff SP doesn't have!"

What about all the stuff SP has that Online doesn't?

Cool new forum look BTW

• lazy. and CantThinkOfOne2013 like this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:41 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 02 February 2014 - 11:42 PM.

R* rushed GTAO, SP has a storyline and three playable characters. All Online gets is a few haircuts. :/

It's obviously cut content R* is reselling to us. "Storyline DLC".

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

Everybody has access to the SP stuff.  Not everyone has access to the MP stuff.

• Luddite, theGTAking101, krashr and 1 other like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

They were very ambitious in their project which they have the right to do so, but obviously some things didn't make it to the game.

• Blingy likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:55 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 03 February 2014 - 01:04 AM.

Everybody has access to the SP stuff.  Not everyone has access to the MP stuff.

I had the perfect rebuttal to this, and I forgot it. I do not know how. Damn Super Bowl.

Welp, if I think of it, I'll post it.

I'm gonna facedesk myself  :facedesk:

• krashr likes this

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

I really don't get it.. GTA is a single player game and it feels like R* spent more time on customisation in Online instead of Single Player.

Online has more camos for your guns which makes no sense since this should be in single player, a lot more hairstyles in online compared to 5 maybe 6 for each character in single player, more clothes in online compared to single player, etc..

Along with cutomization, features like quick GPS, enlarged radar, inventory, etc.. should also be in Single Player, it makes no sense why you'd make it only available for online.

What do you guys think about all the features only available in online and not in single player? Do you think R* should add these features into single player or keep it online only?

What do you expect? The PS3 and 360 are online consoles. If you want games which main focus is gonna be offline play then I suggest you invest in a sixth gen console or older.

Further, you're gripe is over inessential features. Sure, there's no harm in adding these small things in off-line that are online, but this whole thread is just about split milk.

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

Paint jobs for guns: same range as SP, I think

More hairstyles: The Online Protagonist is not as detailed as MFT, so there's more freedom to use low-detail hairstyles that would look weird on the SP characters.

Quick GPS: It'd be handy to have this, but not essential: it seems that this feature was created by the GTA Online team to solve a problem that only exists in Multiplayer (i.e. you can't pause).  Hopefully they can add this to SP as part of DLC.

Enlarged Radar: not really useful when there aren't other players to keep track of.

Snake94
  • Snake94

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

This, this and this.

Tbh im surprised you aren't receiving a f*ckload of hate... It seems the GTA fanboys have came to their senses? A good game that was capitalized. Simple

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

This, this and this.

Tbh im surprised you aren't receiving a f*ckload of hate... It seems the GTA fanboys have came to their senses? A good game that was capitalized. Simple

No, it's just everyone knows he's not to be taken seriously, as with that comment, which you can easily see is wrong. Literally almost everything (99%) of what he said in that comment is wrong.

Snake94
  • Snake94

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

This, this and this.

No, it's just everyone knows he's not to be taken seriously, as with that comment, which you can easily see is wrong. Literally almost everything (99%) of what he said in that comment is wrong.

1. Judging by his likes his comment seems to be favoured in this thread. Whereas any comment disagreeing with him has much less (or none) so isn't your comment false seeing as the majority in THIS THREAD. Agree with him?

2. What about his statement is wrong? Tell me.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:52 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 03 February 2014 - 03:53 AM.

This, this and this.

1. Judging by his likes his comment seems to be favoured in this thread. Whereas any comment disagreeing with him has much less (or none) so isn't your comment false seeing as the majority in THIS THREAD. Agree with him?

2. What about his statement is wrong? Tell me.

Oh, let's see...

They rushed single player so badly that nearly everything is broken.

They rushed the story and everything else just so they could move onto the online mode.

The game has no AI, broken police system, horrible issues, no interiors,

A game famous for its single player is now known for its online...

it's so greedy, to make consumers purchase content they should own, as they already own the game. <---------DLC isn't always cut content

Rockstar used the 'V' title to boost awareness, and lied about all these great features.

We realised 85% or more of the game's content was locked to online only.

They could easily put all the online exclusive vehicles, properties, and customisation in single player, boosting the amount of things to do, but they didn't, because they want more money.

Another thing that really annoyed me is the deal they did with Micro$oft, you have to have a pointless 'Gold' account to save images from the Snapmatic application. I thought that 'Gold' thing was for online access? Not to unlock features. That just crosses the line, making me pay to save photos? That's not only disgustingly greedy, but just downright rude to try and squeeze everything from consumers.

they lied to us,

how greedy they are,

a poorly done, rushed, single player experience that was pushed aside in favour of multiplayer.

companies only cater for them.

Snake94
  • Snake94

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

What do you expect? The PS3 and 360 are online consoles. If you want games which main focus is gonna be offline play then I suggest you invest in a sixth gen console or older.

Further, you're gripe is over inessential features. Sure, there's no harm in adding these small things in off-line that are online, but this whole thread is just about split milk.

Is this comment for real? Its the overall lack of anything. The game has a total of 69 story missions where roughly 10-20 of those are heist setup missions which take anywhere from 40 SECONDS - 5 minutes.... Then you get 5-10 missions exceeding 15 minutes and the rest being roughly 10-15 minutes making this one of the shortest GTA games ever... Throw in the sh*tload of features only in the MP an MP that had a disastrous launch and you have a majorly disappointing game.

With your logic every game on 360/ps3 + xbox 1/ps4 should all be multiplayer orientated.

• theGTAking101 and Daenerys like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

Is this comment for real? Its the overall lack of anything. The game has a total of 69 story missions where roughly 10-20 of those are heist setup missions which take anywhere from 40 SECONDS - 5 minutes.... Then you get 5-10 missions exceeding 15 minutes and the rest being roughly 10-15 minutes making this one of the shortest GTA games ever... Throw in the sh*tload of features only in the MP an MP that had a disastrous launch and you have a majorly disappointing game.

Vice City is the shortest game in the series.  Are you trying to say that's a bad game too? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users