Photo

Rockstar needs to make a Godzilla game.

15 replies to this topic
gzilla46
  • gzilla46

Megatron

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

I think it's time we get a new Godzilla game, just in time for the 2014 American remake, with cool online multiplayer, lots of monsters, lots of destruction, it just needs to happen at some point in my opinion.

I am a big fan of Godzilla, and I think it's time Godzilla gets the next-gen treatment for PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U. Rockstar knows how to make mass destruction, which is why a Godzilla game would be perfect for them, I believe.

What do you think? Do you think it's time for Godzilla to get the next-gen treatment?

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Sounds like a horrible idea......

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Rockstar DICE knows how to make mass destruction

Fixed.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

R* know how to create conflict and chaos between players, but not mass destruction.

Godzilla games aren't good and there probably will be an incredibly sh*tty movie license title.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:50 AM Edited by Big Slow, 02 November 2013 - 03:51 AM.

2 things immediately spring to mind from your idea:

1. You don't know much about Rockstar's philosophy and history on the games they make.

2. Movie tie-ins are generally atrocious. Have you played the Pacific Rim game lately?

Besides, if Matthew Broderick is not involved in the project, it's not worth doing.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

Godzilla, really, Godzirra.. 

@Slow, why in the hell would you play a game based on a sh*t movie, with nothing but Sons of Anarchy actors? 

gzilla46
  • gzilla46

Megatron

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

2 things immediately spring to mind from your idea:

1. You don't know much about Rockstar's philosophy and history on the games they make.

2. Movie tie-ins are generally atrocious. Have you played the Pacific Rim game lately?

Well, that's the thing. I DON'T want them to rush it if such a thing were to happen. it would have to take its time a little past that for it to be good.

gzilla46
  • gzilla46

Megatron

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Godzilla, really, Godzirra.. 

@Slow, why in the hell would you play a game based on a sh*t movie, with nothing but Sons of Anarchy actors? 

Dude, Godzilla's not terrible (IMO). He's cool.

Also, Pacific Rim wasn't terrible. Didn't you hear the good reviews it got. It earned 73% on Rotten Tomatoes.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Pacific Rim was one of my favorite movies this year and Godzilla looks awesome too. But games based on movies suck

gzilla46
  • gzilla46

Megatron

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Pacific Rim was one of my favorite movies this year and Godzilla looks awesome too. But games based on movies suck

Well, true. But, the previous Godzilla games weren't based on any upcoming Godzilla movies, like Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee. That was pretty cool.

What do you think? Do you think Rockstar could pull off a good Godzilla game. It doesn't even have to be based on the 2014 movie.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

I don't think so man. R* will be working with someone else's baby which will restrict them from being their own creative selves. R* should stick with creating their own unique games (which they will), using their own creative awesomeness and humor. That is what R*s all about... Coming up with new creative (and more realistic) ideas...

Another Godzilla game (doesn't matter who made it) will most likely be extremely predictable and "been there, done that, got the tshirt" , knowatimean...

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 02 November 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Stupid idea. You have sh*t taste. Really dude, a Godzilla game? That doesn't even fit R* style at all. What's next, you want R* to make a Pokemon game for the 3DS or WII U?  :sui:

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

Mostly true, but once in a while they get it right.

Goldeneye and Riddick come to mind. Cant think of any more though lol.

I hear Riddick is making another hopefully, cant wait. Vin really knows how to put together an enjoyable game.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

Mostly true, but once in a while they get it right.

Goldeneye and Riddick come to mind. Cant think of any more though lol.

Never played those, but now that I think about it, King Kong was actually a really good game. And the Lego games are fun too lol (Lego Star Wars especially). Some say the Lego games are the best movie based games ever...

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

So when did R* made a transition from the usual sandbox-open world style of game to an adventure type of game? And Jesus, games that are based on movies are not my type, unless the movie is a racing or crime genre film.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

Riddick and Goldeneye did buck the trend. Didn't Escape From Butcher Bay have significant lead time, or is 18 months a short schedule for something like that? I feel like movie tie-ins with a lot of time before a movie release and the freedom to explore different stories is a big contributor (talking pretty much exclusively about the Riddick games). If your game is just the movie rehashed... why not just watch the movie?

Lego games are great! I can only play them on the Wii, though. Feels right.

But now to finally get back to the topic:

The likelihood of Rockstar making a Godzilla game is tremendously slim. But if some studio wanted to give it a go, good luck to them. It'd be nice if the kaiju revival took off. This terrified me when I saw it as a kid, (who leaves this on and lets a 5 year old wander into the room?) and something akin to stockholm syndrome makes me want to see it redone. 

Rown :rampage:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users