Photo

Storing the Riot Van - A Question

25 replies to this topic
DocDro
  • DocDro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Now, I know how to store it and everything, but I live at the $205,000 Del Perro apartment.

Has anyone had any luck saving it in there?

Police_Riot_%28Front_%26Side%29-GTAV.jpg

DocDro
  • DocDro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

I suppose I'll ask once more later on.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

The Police Transporter (the van) is better, since it has a fully bullet proof body (except tyres) while the Riot's armour breaks after a few shots. 

owlboogie
  • owlboogie

Break Yo' Selfies

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

I have yet to be successful. Same apartments as you, 3 different sessions.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

The Police Transporter (the van) is better, since it has a fully bullet proof body (except tyres) while the Riot's armour breaks after a few shots. 

So much this. The police van is one of the most entertaining vehicles I've played around with.

DocDro
  • DocDro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Well I settled for one of those until I can get the Riot. I mainly want the high player capacity coupled with the armor

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:15 PM Edited by AzraelX, 01 November 2013 - 11:17 PM.

This is complete bullsh*t, just so you know.

And to whoever said "this", shame on you.

A brand new Police Transporter will set on fire/explode from a single clip of pistol ammo.

A Police Riot takes multiple sticky bombs detonating right on it with no damage.

Also, Police Transporter doesn't give you armor, blows up really easily, isn't armored or resistant to any kind of damage, doesn't have bulletproof side windows (you can be shot through the gap in the bars quite easily, especially on auto-aim), has lower player capacity, and you can't throw sticky bombs/etc out of the window because of the bars. It doesn't even go faster than the Riot, which is pretty pathetic. It does not do even one thing better, and it does a ton of things much worse.

Basically, Police Transporter is a horrible piece of crap.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

DocDro
  • DocDro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

A brand new Police Transporter will set on fire/explode from a single clip of pistol ammo.

A Police Riot takes multiple sticky bombs detonating right on it with no damage.

Also, Police Transporter doesn't give you armor, blows up really easily, isn't armored or resistant to any kind of damage, doesn't have bulletproof side windows (you can be shot through the gap in the bars quite easily, especially on auto-aim), has lower player capacity, and you can't throw sticky bombs/etc out of the window because of the bars. It doesn't even go faster than the Riot, which is pretty pathetic. It does not do even one thing better, and it does a ton of things much worse.

Exactly why I want the Riot over the Transporter haha

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by Rinsaf, 01 November 2013 - 11:22 PM.

You don't seem to be seeing the problem with this. You can mechanic call one up every 2-3 mins, and whoever is blowing it up has to either take the bad sport hit over and over, or get you through the window gap - which is WAY harder than you make out unless a complete moron is driving, and also sometimes the shots wont go through the gap on the opposing side to where the driver is. And even getting a shot on it is tough when you have someone lighting you up out the window with impunity.

Basically the riot van is good if you like to take a tug boat on missions - and there's far better choices even in that category - but a police van is way better for f*ckin around in free roam.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

You don't seem to be seeing the problem with this. You can mechanic call one up every 2-3 mins, and whoever is blowing it up has to either take the bad sport hit over and over, or get you through the window gap

So basically, you drive a much worse vehicle so other people can kill you much more often. I do see a problem with that, since I'd prefer to use the Police Riot and keep my K/D ratio above 3.0 instead of under 0.3, and not waste all my time sitting on my ass waiting for the mechanic.

It's not even about the stats, it's about the fact I prefer to kill other people instead of being killed myself. But to each their own.

which is WAY harder than you make out unless a complete moron is driving

Not sure how the intelligence of the driver is related to the fact auto-aim puts the bullets of an advanced rifle directly through the gap and into the driver. Pretty sure you aren't smart enough to deflect bullets with your mind.

Besides, why would they bother waiting for you to get next to them to fire through the window? One clip of pistol ammo into the front will stop you dead in your tracks. Literally.

And even getting a shot on it is tough when you have someone lighting you up out the window with impunity.

Yeah, good luck with that. It's not like you can do anything else out the window, after all.

Basically the riot van is good if you like to take a tug boat on missions

The Riot and Transporter have the same top speed and the Riot reaches top speed less than one second longer than the Transporter. Basically, they have the exact same driving stats, so if the Riot is a tugboat then the Transporter is a flaming tugboat full of TNT just waiting to kill everyone on board.

Oh, I guess there is one difference between them when driving. The Riot is considered much heavier in the physics engine, so although the two vehicles have the same top speed, the Riot is the only one that'll keep going when someone else rams it from any direction.

theirs far better choices even in that category - but a police van is way better for f*ckin around in free roam.

Compared to the Transporter, there's far better choices in every category. It's pretty much as bad as it gets.

And it might be better for f*cking around if by "f*cking around" you actually mean "being completely terrible".

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

You don't seem to be seeing the problem with this. You can mechanic call one up every 2-3 mins, and whoever is blowing it up has to either take the bad sport hit over and over, or get you through the window gap

So basically, you drive a much worse vehicle so other people can kill you much more often. I do see a problem with that, since I'd prefer to use the Police Riot and keep my K/D ratio above 3.0 instead of under 0.3, and not waste all my time sitting on my ass waiting for the mechanic.

It's not even about the stats, it's about the fact I prefer to kill other people instead of being killed myself. But to each their own.

which is WAY harder than you make out unless a complete moron is driving

Not sure how the intelligence of the driver is related to the fact auto-aim puts the bullets of an advanced rifle directly through the gap and into the driver. Pretty sure you aren't smart enough to deflect bullets with your mind.

Besides, why would they bother waiting for you to get next to them to fire through the window? One clip of pistol ammo into the front will stop you dead in your tracks. Literally.

And even getting a shot on it is tough when you have someone lighting you up out the window with impunity.

Yeah, good luck with that. It's not like you can do anything else out the window, after all.

Basically the riot van is good if you like to take a tug boat on missions

The Riot and Transporter have the same top speed and the Riot reaches top speed less than one second longer than the Transporter. Basically, they have the exact same driving stats, so if the Riot is a tugboat then the Transporter is a flaming tugboat full of TNT just waiting to kill everyone on board.

Oh, I guess there is one difference between them when driving. The Riot is considered much heavier in the physics engine, so although the two vehicles have the same top speed, the Riot is the only one that'll keep going when someone else rams it from any direction.

theirs far better choices even in that category - but a police van is way better for f*ckin around in free roam.

Compared to the Transporter, there's far better choices in every category. It's pretty much as bad as it gets.

And it might be better for f*cking around if by "f*cking around" you actually mean "being completely terrible".

Literally everything above is incorrect... I'm lost as to where to start. When I say f*cking around, thats what I mean.

If you're actually talking about using it, or any other vehicle, whilst having a gunfight with someone, you're doing it wrong :)

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

Your father's your brother

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by Ribsey, 01 November 2013 - 11:40 PM.

I've had this before in Del Perro. I parked it (without the front door) right on the marker for the garage so that when I got out, it'd put me inside the garage. I went around to the front door and came back and pressed Y at the rear of it, did the same to put it back in to insure it. Considering the size getting the right position isn't the easiest but treat it like an Ambulance or the Transporter, just bigger.

If you're on Xbox, let me know with a message.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Literally everything above is incorrect... I'm lost as to where to start. 

You could start by supplying facts which dispute even one thing I said :p

None of it is incorrect, by the way. It's the result of community testing and actually playing the game. Everything from the difference in their speed, to the difference in their acceleration, to how many shots it takes to destroy it, are all objective facts that cannot be disputed or disproved because they're simply true.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Literally everything above is incorrect... I'm lost as to where to start. 

You could start by supplying facts which dispute even one thing I said :p

None of it is incorrect, by the way. It's the result of community testing and actually playing the game. Everything from the difference in their speed, to the difference in their acceleration, to how many shots it takes to destroy it, are all objective facts that cannot be disputed or disproved because they're simply true.

You could start by supplying the various video's of this community testing and actually playing the game, if you wouldn't mind.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

You were talking about it like you own one of these. Why would you need a video?

1) Take the Transporter out of your garage.

2) Fire at the front with an AP pistol.

3) Get marshmallows to cook over the flames.

Pretty simple to verify any of these things for yourself.

If you're curious, the Riot takes 5 clips before the same thing happens.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

You were talking about it like you own one of these. Why would you need a video?

1) Take the Transporter out of your garage.

2) Fire at the front with an AP pistol.

3) Get marshmallows to cook over the flames.

Pretty simple to verify any of these things for yourself.

If you're curious, the Riot takes 5 clips before the same thing happens.

I see a distinct lack of proof of this so called community testing you speak of, surely there are videos, otherwise its all just talk. Try again.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

Sounds like a waste of my time when you could use the search function yourself. Especially when I don't particularly care if you're "convinced" of something you'd already know if you actually played this game. You're like those people that say "Oh, you want a Sultan? Call up Lester and he can find you any car you want," except you take it a step further and disagree with anyone who corrects you.

I'm also not inclined to go out of my way to prove something to a particularly unreasonable person on a forum, not after they've been so irrational that they vehemently disagree with simple facts.

I laid out the information well enough that anyone who reads this thread will know which of us is correct, so I'm not concerned with your attempts to misinform other people who might not know any better.

Also, thanks for admitting you don't own one, since you are unable to verify it yourself. You admitted you don't have the knowledge or gameplay experience to know what you're talking about. It's nice of you to come right out and say that you're wrong and don't have any credibility to speak of :D

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

Sounds like a waste of my time when you could use the search function yourself. Especially when I don't particularly care if you're "convinced" of something you'd already know if you actually played this game. You're like those people that say "Oh, you want a Sultan? Call up Lester and he can find you any car you want," except you take it a step further and disagree with anyone who corrects you.

I'm also not inclined to go out of my way to prove something to a particularly unreasonable person on a forum, not after they've been so irrational that they vehemently disagree with simple facts.

I laid out the information well enough that anyone who reads this thread will know which of us is correct, so I'm not concerned with your attempts to misinform other people who might not know any better.

Also, thanks for admitting you don't own one, since you are unable to verify it yourself. You admitted you don't have the knowledge or gameplay experience to know what you're talking about. It's nice of you to come right out and say that you're wrong and don't have any credibility to speak of :D

This isn't a video?  :blink:

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

Case closed :)

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

Case closed :)

This also, is not a video... Try again.

DocDro
  • DocDro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

I've had this before in Del Perro. I parked it (without the front door) right on the marker for the garage so that when I got out, it'd put me inside the garage. I went around to the front door and came back and pressed Y at the rear of it, did the same to put it back in to insure it. Considering the size getting the right position isn't the easiest but treat it like an Ambulance or the Transporter, just bigger.

If you're on Xbox, let me know with a message.

Well when I try doing the normal way (front end aginst door) and no luck, it just says that it can't be stored.

And yeah, I'm on xbox

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Best way for Riot is to remove the door, and have the passenger side pushed up against the garage door. Then you can just get out and get back in.

It worked at Weazel, anyways. I'm sure it'd work at some other places. If it makes you walk into the garage when doing this, just move the Riot a little further away from the garage door. There'll be a certain point where it won't make you enter the garage, but will trigger it when you get back in the vehicle.

DocDro
  • DocDro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Best way for Riot is to remove the door, and have the passenger side pushed up against the garage door. Then you can just get out and get back in.

It worked at Weazel, anyways. I'm sure it'd work at some other places. If it makes you walk into the garage when doing this, just move the Riot a little further away from the garage door. There'll be a certain point where it won't make you enter the garage, but will trigger it when you get back in the vehicle.

The only problem with Del Perro is that you can't get the van all the way up against the garage door

pakovrs
  • pakovrs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

I easily glitched the Transporter in 205 and 400 apartments. However, no luck with the Riot in both of them. I have to bought the Alta St one and..... first try in.

I have both of them, Riot and Transporter. The windows on the side of the Riot are not bulletproof. In the Transporter they are almost complete bulletproof. My feeling is that the Transporter is also faster. And Riot gets stuck at slopes.

However, the Riot can survive at least 3 sticky bombs. So, you should have both. No one better than the other for me

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

I fired 1200 AP pistol bullets into the Riot and it did nothing, Nuff said.

momerak
  • momerak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

enough of the dick measuring contest, does anyone know how to get this in on xbox?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users