I give up with tanks.

30 replies to this topic
Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Okay, so I was in a lobby earlier, up against three friends that seem to find it somewhat hilarious to chase random people around the map in a tank. I proceeded towards the blips in the Vinewood Blvd. area wondering why this guy was constantly killing everyone else. Then I f*cking realised.

This dickhead was in a tank killing people for no f*cking reason. I decided to drive past him, when he just decided to blow up my car. I tried to counter him, blew me up. I spawned. Blew me up. I spawned another 35 times. Blew me up. And it's not like he was good, because without the tank I killed him 4 times. Then he called another. So I was left on a rooftop hiding away from him, so he couldn't blow me up. Until his friends in a chopper had shown up. Blew me up. I must've died around 50 times in the space of an hour. The guy was a f*cking joke.

Please tell me there's some way to counter a sh*tty spawn killer in a tank?

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Why the hell did you hang around to be killed 50 times (which I don't believe).

Change lobbies, you ding dong.

Madrox99
  • Madrox99

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

This thread is pointless you answered your own question basically.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Get your own tank.../thread

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Why the hell did you hang around to be killed 50 times (which I don't believe).

Change lobbies, you ding dong.

Okay it was 39 times.

And i didn't change lobbies coz I didn't give up

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Get your own tank.../thread

Ya, I watched this happened today on my television.  Two tanks went at it for a good 5 minutes and neither of them died!!!  Each of them took multiple hits.

Wafflezs
  • Wafflezs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Use your phone to get in a mission/ get right back, out and it should put you somewhere else on the map

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

I've seen a couple get shot with sniper rifles out of the tank, but that takes some good shooting skills. Surely if they've been blowing you guys up that much in your personal cars then they should be heading off to the bad sport lobby for a couple of days. I'm presuming you guys were in your own cars?

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

The first thing I do when dealing with a tank is to use my grenade launcher, takes about 6 shots but you can lob them pretty easy up and over cover. Then soon as you kill him you want to keep the pressure on him to assure he doesn't get another, call mercs, call muggers. If your lucky you might even find the tank before he does and even if you can't jack it you can at least camp it.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

Arent rpgs stronger?

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

I wish I could find an idiot, that would let me kill him 50 times. Usualy after 5 kills player switch session. If I jump on someone better that me and die 3 times, I just run, or find new session.
  • brooklyn718 likes this

Touwe
  • Touwe

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Since people have been glitching insurance on to tanks I am now afraid to even fight them because I don't want to take that $90k loss if I manage to destroy it.

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

prepare urself with at least 1k
so when the tank kills u, get to passive mode (tank can still run u over but its really easy to dodge)
then get urself distance from the tank, also make sure the tank isnt aiming for u anymore
snipe the driver with heavy sniper (cant be too close or too far, with practice u'll know the distance required)
then steal the tank and get ur revenge

^ what I did and what I've been practicing while in bad sports lobby

imo the rpg and the nade laucher is too weak, alot of shots before the tank actually is destroyed
whats worse if the tank is their personal vehicle, hence u'll have to pay 18k and got urself bad sports

so sniping is best option so far  :santa:

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Since people have been glitching insurance on to tanks I am now afraid to even fight them because I don't want to take that $90k loss if I manage to destroy it.

Lol, it's not 90k, it's $18,750 :)

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

$100 switch to passive mode.........

Touwe
  • Touwe

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Lol, it's not 90k, it's $18,750 :)

The one time I killed a tank it charged me $89,000

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Okay, so I was in a lobby earlier, up against three friends that seem to find it somewhat hilarious to chase random people around the map in a tank. I proceeded towards the blips in the Vinewood Blvd. area wondering why this guy was constantly killing everyone else. Then I f*cking realised.

This dickhead was in a tank killing people for no f*cking reason. I decided to drive past him, when he just decided to blow up my car. I tried to counter him, blew me up. I spawned. Blew me up. I spawned another 35 times. Blew me up. And it's not like he was good, because without the tank I killed him 4 times. Then he called another. So I was left on a rooftop hiding away from him, so he couldn't blow me up. Until his friends in a chopper had shown up. Blew me up. I must've died around 50 times in the space of an hour. The guy was a f*cking joke.

Im sorry, but you need to hang up your controller if you let someone spawn kill you 35 times. Smdh

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

You should've learn the 3rd time when he killed you to leave the lobby.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

Wait a minute, so you get a bad sport for blowing up someone's tank????!!! Oh no..I've only rani into a tank twice, once in a jet and once I got destroyed but I still managed to spawn away from him.. Tanks are a griever's paradise machine...

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

Just get your insured cars and ram them. If we make it unpleasant enough for the tank griefers eventually they'll stop using them.

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

leeco
  • leeco

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Just get your insured cars and ram them. If we make it unpleasant enough for the tank griefers eventually they'll stop using them.

People do this to me in dunce world but why do they do it?

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

I love driving in tanks and see how people wouldn't give up.

The last time me and my friends and crews, all together three tanks playing with cops until someone who hang around us. Then we will chase him/her down until he/she leaves the area (If they can or we found a new target).

This is how we end the day, photos time!

0_0.jpg

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

People do this to me in dunce world but why do they do it?

Why would they do it once you're in the BS lobby already? No idea, seems like random suicide. In the regular lobbies you do it to get them sent to BS lobby.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

this is grand theft auto omfg there are no rules about what he did and he was doing ehat he wanted. And thats what it is. A sandbox game so you can either play SP, join a private lobby, go into passive, leave the server. Theres alot of things you could have done beside wine ),:

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

See, this is another problem now; the majority of you are having a go at me because I didn't give up? You guys sound like push-overs, surprised that none of you will fight back.

As for the amount of deathes; he killed me around 20-30 from spawn; you can't bring up your phone or the pause menu, so I could only dashboard, which I didn't want to do.

I have 'smdh' for people who give up easily.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

See, this is another problem now; the majority of you are having a go at me because I didn't give up? You guys sound like push-overs, surprised that none of you will fight back.

As for the amount of deathes; he killed me around 20-30 from spawn; you can't bring up your phone or the pause menu, so I could only dashboard, which I didn't want to do.

I don't even see how this is possible. I've been against tanks before and it doesn't always put you close enough to the tank where you can't get away. If you're in the middle of the city, look for an alley to duck into. Then come out the other side and grab a car before the tank can come around to get you. It's not rocket science. It's hard to believe that you were killed 30 times without being able to at least bring up your phone. All you need to do is bring it up once and immediately go into a mission and then just sit there. If you wait five or ten minutes, the guy will get bored and leave.

Personally, though, I just get away from the tank. They *might* kill me two or three times, but I'll eventually find a car and get in before he can blast me again. Then I go get a personal vehicle and come back. So far, I have NEVER encountered a tank that I couldn't force to leave the session. That's why I love when I hear a tank blasting people nearby.

As for ramming a guy in the BS lobby, my only guess is to extend the time he's in there. But if you go up against a guy who likes the BS lobby, then you're just wasting your time.

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by iPsychoM, 01 November 2013 - 09:10 PM.

What were you trying to prove? That you can shoot down the tank with rifle or shotgun?
By not givving up you just made your self a griefers meat.
After killing you 20 or more times, I am surprised the tank guys didn't give up on killing you over and over. Next time you better hit the power button and go make a sandwich or something,then after you cooled down, come back and join a new session.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

You let him kill you 39 times? Lol, passive mode and hop a few fences, that easy.

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

couldbuywontbuy

"No sport"

roamin21
  • roamin21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

i have come across 4 tanks so far, they all get me a few times, but i end up sticky bombing them till it blows up.

best part is as players on foot all 4 so far have been sh*t and i just drill them to they leave the map.

tanks piss me off as i find the people inside them think there the best till there tanks are gone, i kill them and all the drivers try to run away from me. but i just spawn kill them over and over and over. if there in a distance from me i snipe them than run to where they died so i can do it again.

they dont find it so fun when they are on the other end of the gun. tanks are just stupid. i dont have any interest in using them. seriously R* need to lower the lvl on rocket launchers and so on so people on foot have a chance against them as you need to get pretty close to a tank in order to sticky bomb them when they can shoot you from a mile away from you and the tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users