Latest R* Newswire 1.05 update

22 replies to this topic
KamikaziOtter
  • KamikaziOtter

Ne cede malis...

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Well, the latest "update" to the R* Newswire just launched, but I can't help but think as i'm reading it, that it is nothing more than a reiteration of what we already know and have heard before over the last few weeks...

I'm glad they have been working hard on the connectivity issues and i'm patiently looking forward to when they do launch the new features, LOL I just wish they'd stop using "This Fall" as a timeline... The game is out, It's November and it's officially winter now, just give it to us in "weeks or months" and not in seasons please! :p

Newswire post below...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Update (Nov 1): Currently, we expect the next title update (1.05) addressing player progress loss issues to be available sometime early next week. Following that, we hope to deliver everyone’s GTA$ Stimulus Package before the end of next week. A big thank you to GTA Online players worldwide for your continued patience and understanding and we will continue to keep you all updated.

Thank you to everyone for joining in GTA Online throughout this first month of its release, for all of your awesome Online Snapmatic pics and Crew videos that we’ve spotted, for your patience and understanding as we’ve been working through the initial teething issues of launching an online experience like this, and for your excellent feedback to the official [email protected] email address. Please keep it coming as it is really helping us plan for the future of the game. Here’s a quick update for all Grand Theft Auto Online players worldwide on what’s in store in the immediate future.

THE GTA$ STIMULUS PACKAGE
We know many of you are anxiously waiting for us to show you the GTA$ Stimulus Package money we announced a couple weeks back. As mentioned in that post, we of course want to ensure that game progress loss issues are sufficiently sorted before distributing the GTA$ to everyone. We have a few more tweaks and fixes to make in a new title update that will hit sometime next week and then we will distribute the cash.

THE BEACH BUM PACK
Coming in early November will be the first add-on content update, the Beach Bum Pack which will bring all-new beach themed vehicles and new weaponry that you’ll be able to use in both GTA Online and Story Mode. Plus new customization options for your GTA Online character including new tats, hairstyles and more. We’ll also be adding lots of brand new action-packed Jobs to play with Gang Attacks, Survivals, Last Team Standings, Parachutes, Deathmatches and Races that will have you bloodying up the waters and coastlines of the finest beach resorts across Los Santos and Blaine County.

THE CONTENT CREATOR
We are also working to bring you the debut of the first part of the GTA Online Content Creator this fall – giving players the ability to craft, publish, rate and play custom-made Deathmatch and Race Jobs. We’ll be keeping our eye open for exceptional ones that we’ll be stamping as ‘Rockstar Verified’ and will be featuring them here at the Newswire and as part of forthcoming GTA Online Social Club Events. Both the Content Creator and the Beach Bum Pack are free.

SOCIAL CLUB EVENT WEEKENDS
Starting in November will be the first Grand Theft Auto Online Social Club Event weekends which will bring special rewards and bonuses ranging from limited-edition in-game Event Crate Drops to in-game discount specials and even a special new GTA Online live-stream show hosted by Rockstar at the Social Club Events page and Rockstar Games Twitch page – plus prize pack giveaways of hard to find GTAV gear and more.

Stay tuned as we hope to have more information with more details and specific timings on these content updates as well as on GTA Online Heists and the new GTA Online Capture the Flag mode to share with you next week. We will also have initial details on more additional content coming for both Story Mode and GTA Online in the next few weeks.

Ivan Danzig
  • Ivan Danzig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

im gonna spend my stimulus money on hookers and booze

• LeAristocrat likes this

i thing i spider
  • i thing i spider

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

old

Ayes
  • Ayes

El Macaracachimba

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

http://gtaforums.com...ming-next-week/

Search next time.

BlueKangaroo
  • BlueKangaroo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Nice one! Looking forward to the beach bum pack

KamikaziOtter
  • KamikaziOtter

Ne cede malis...

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ya the difference is, I actually bothered to Copy and Paste the post, instead of just hyper-linking it with "Get your race cars this weekend" Some people enjoy reading on forums...

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yeah they really like to keep the players that play their game to do lots of waiting, LOTS. The stimulus package is a lead on which was supposed to be launched last month but since they're having problems it didn't happen.

Early in November means the end of november and releasing in fall means mid to late winter.. Hahaha

• KamikaziOtter and voldo27 like this

Touwe
  • Touwe

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

Rockstar apparently suffers from having the worst PR department ever. If you don't have a concrete time period of release don't pretend like you do because it will just make you look bad. Don't tell people you will release something next week every week and expect them to keep waiting eagerly every week when you change it to next week again.

That said they will end up taking a major hit now. They really needed to get GTA:O to hit its stride before the launch of the major two multiplayer games this season to keep their success and with BF4 out already and COD:Ghosts out on Tuesday (likely before we see a GTA:O patch) they will have lost a large chunk of their online gaming share to other games. Then as people wind down from those and consider going back to GTA they lose another huge share with the next gen migration. 

From a business standpoint GTA:O may have been one of the biggest f*ck ups in gaming in a long time.

• CCarvalho224 and Ace Bandit 23 like this

FeaRx
  • FeaRx

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

Old.

/thread

Dakingown
  • Dakingown

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Ye great i cant even f*cking go online fix youre f*cking servers first assholes ffs

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'm excited for the Beach bum pack. 

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

jeej

more shallow content...

and this is gonna get pushed back too

this weekend some new glitch movies will pop up... and bam delayed again.

also no one gives a f*ck about the beach crap.... give us big stuff like f*cking heists and the new weapons/random stuff

not another searace noone does because everyone is doing criminal records

not another deathmatch... because you never will get a full group

not another parachute jump... wich noone cares about

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm pretty sick of seeing people complain about stimulus not being here yet... it's meant for everyone who played in October, well it's November 1st now, so today would be the very first day they could have given it out.

Mugetsu
  • Mugetsu

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

just another update telling us that they lied and will be taking another half a year to bring the updates 

DopeSack
  • DopeSack

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

well i am gonna take some time off this game very disappointed atm in rockstar 

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'm excited for the Beach bum pack. 

Same actually. Should be interesting.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'm pretty sick of seeing people complain about stimulus not being here yet... it's meant for everyone who played in October, well it's November 1st now, so today would be the very first day they could have given it out.

I bet if it was three weeks ago you wouldn't have been saying that. Not only that but you're sick of people complaining about something that was promised to them three weeks ago.. Do yourself a favor and stop having an opinion, it makes you look like an asshole.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:35 AM

just add in the clothes from single player and I'm happy. Don't know why it wasn't added to begin with

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

So where are the heists?

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Nice a last ditched effort to keep us from playing next gen consoles!

XxMASTACHOLOxX
  • XxMASTACHOLOxX

Spoderman sweg

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

just add in the clothes from single player and I'm happy. Don't know why it wasn't added to begin with

yeah I want more basketball jerseys because they only have one at the moment in multiplayer

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

I want long hair.

• CCarvalho224 likes this

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

What the hell have they been doing all this time? They make so much money maybe they should hire more than 5 guys? Maybe buy out another company and call it Rockstar Northeastern Utah

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users