[GUIDE] Stock Market, Assassination Missions Guide

230 replies to this topic
PutridMoldyman
  • PutridMoldyman

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:20 PM

Could the best times to invest in and sell stocks (with all protagonists considered) related to non-assassination missions be added to the guide?

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:11 PM

So what if you picked up that guy and got him to the airport ?
Is that bad ?
If so...how ?

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:35 PM

Could the best times to invest in and sell stocks (with all protagonists considered) related to non-assassination missions be added to the guide?

There is mention of this in the guide, from testing it was very hit and miss.  If you look throughout the topic for posts by ribon, he's posted a few pointers, but as I say hit'n'miss.

So what if you picked up that guy and got him to the airport ?
Is that bad ?
If so...how ?

It's still a random encounter and will still count, if you do the stock tip or not.  But unless you do the prep work then it won't make you much money, which is the bonus.

• Darth Absentis likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

Ah nice there is this topic about stock market. What has been happened to the stock market?

Has R* patched it or nerfed it? Player's action won't do sh*t to that Augury insurance as I have destroyed 100+ vehicles.

It won't affect anything, either it rise up like 4% or down 4%. Kinda very very disappointing of R* for this lame coding

but it makes me think they are just way too focused on card sharks otherwise they'll lose card sharks.

gtarusty
  • gtarusty

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:51 PM

Yes i am playing story mode for xbox 1 and went to buy stock before the assassination and had it for a week and the stock price has not moved up or down?  Wow there are making hard to earn money on story mode now?

gtarusty
  • gtarusty

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:17 AM

is there any other way to make money in story mode.  The old days seem more fun!!!!!

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:52 AM

Just got a 350% return off redwood cigs ps4!lol im rich bitch!

Spacemod
  • Spacemod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

What if you finished the assassination missions before you did all this? :/

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

You are relatively screwed (if you wanted essentially unlimited cash for single player)-- however, you are only locking yourself out of buying all the properties-- the final heist money is enough to buy pretty much everything else in the game.

You can always go back and download/install someone elses save...

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:20 AM

I'm only getting around a 17% increase in Bilkington after completing Derailed. I bought it all immediately before starting Derailed, and after over a full week in-game, it only maxes out at around 17%. However, when I was about to buy it, I saw that the recent increase counter thing was already at +23%. Maybe it's The Paleto Score that increases the price of Bilkington's stock, not Derailed?

Craig
  • Craig

Hostage Stamp

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:25 AM

This guide was great, and for the last two assassination missions I took into account how fast the market was moving and at what percentage looked more profitable. By that point I had about 250 million for each character so I could afford to lose a few million for the sake of playing it safe. Fortunately I topped 600 million. I was very lucky too - I had completely forgotten about the random encounter where a businessman gives you the Tinkle tip-off, and I ended up saving him until after my last assassination mission to maximise profit. That 33% really makes a difference.

What did surprise me though is just how quickly it can change. I'm talking a character switch. I was selling stock as Trevor at a 27% increase for some, and by the time I had switched to Michael or Frank I was hitting 38%. It was detrimental but it goes to show how precise you have to be if you really want to squeeze every last cent you can out of this manipulation. I also experienced quite the skyrocket for the Tinkle tip. Within minutes (real minutes) it was already 33% up so I'm glad I invested before I picked him up or else I'd have had such a small window.

Lancet
  • Lancet

The Shining Knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:57 AM

Just wanted to say this guide is amazing. It's one of the only guides I've seen anywhere that properly lists all story mission stock fluctuations, which allow for significant gains by the end of a playthrough, even before factoring in Lester's assassinations and the Big One payout.

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

The ps4 guide seems to offer much better returns and at a quicker rate than last gen (done it all twice now) but the mission returns don't seem to work at all any more. Maybe just my bad luck but I've never had any mission return any money, only assassination stuff.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

I just did some of these on ps4. I pretty much stuck with the times in the OP. Here are my results...

Deb-48%

Redwood-270%

fruit-24%

facade-33%

vapid-101%

Gold-51%

terminalinsanity
  • terminalinsanity

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

I followed this guide on my first play, and most of it seems correct except the final mission with AUG, Cluckinbell and GruppeSechs.  All three of these tanked hard immediately after completing "The Third Way". I slept a couple times in the bed and they went down even further.

Heres what i did:

After completing Meltdown, AUG dropped. I invested all my money into AUG, and I begun the epsilon missions (to get more money to invest)

While doing the epsilon missions, AUG sprung back up, and it remained fairly stable. I sold my shares at this point, because it started to go down again.

After i had the 2 million from Epsilon, i reinvested all my characters into AUG and started The Third Way

I immediately checked the stock market after the credits rolled, and the stocks all went down. Clucknbell, Gruppe, and AUG all went down. I lost about 500k on each character between the beginning and end of The Third Way.

I think the Augury Insurance "spike" people think happens after the third way is just it rebounding from the previous mission. Maybe the same with cluckinbell and gruppe. But these three stocks all lost me money on the final mission.

Gonna load up the save and replay it now, without investing.

StockholmDIF
  • StockholmDIF

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

HI,

Is there any stock i should invest in before or after "The big score"? I have googled it a lot but didnt find anyting but i think i have read a couple of weeks ago about this subject and that there is an investment opportunity for this mission.

Thanks for this thread.

TheLCViceSanAnKiller
  • TheLCViceSanAnKiller

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:59 AM Edited by TheLCViceSanAnKiller, 27 January 2017 - 03:03 AM.

I actually created an account just to give huge props to this thread. You guys took alotta info and organized it...def got me feeling like Gordon Gekko...

I just wanted to add - PS4 - few things:

1) I did some experimenting with Bilkington. Placed ALL my characters' money into Bilkington RIGHT AFTER PALETO BAY... then used the quick save/sleep time trick to grab a huge return, might've doubled money right there (probably took a few days in game time as I always use multiple sleeps and game saves to maximize). THEN I went back in RIGHT AFTER Derailed and did the same thing. Same stock. Another ROI.

In essence for some it might be safe to invest in Bilkington right after the Paleto Bay bank job. Or before the mission starts, whatever preferred. I can only remember that my low for my run thru fluctuated between $81 and $90ish and I shot for multiplying on the dollar... with enough money a 5% return can net a real good comeback. Had Michael with Epsilon money too.

2) This is my first run on PS4 and I'm currently on the setup for The Big One. I was actually able to pull off a RANDOM INVESTMENT for positive in BILKINGTON AGAIN just a lil bit ago, outside any mission! Out of the blue I dumped all character cash into BLK stock at around $92 and pulled cash out around $97... mo money, mo money, mo money!

Sooo...... at this time I'm under the impression that it IS possible to watch certain stocks and invest randomly... but you MUST be careful and USE MULTIPLE SAVES - not sure how people aren't doing that in the first place...

3) I went a different route with my investment portfolio, which actually has added alotta depth to my game. I completed the first two assassination missions with all included investments (big thanks again) and went ahead to buy Franklin's Los Santos Customs franchise as well as Trevor's McKenzie Airstrip... these are serving multiple purposes:

- everyone gets free car mods via the car switch trick (assuming this is fairly common knowledge)
- I been pulling random cars to flip Franklin's street races for spending/investing money - with the chop shop purchased early in the game... it's kinda a game breaker, being able to mod cars to the max for whatever needed
- Trevor's arms running missions provide additional streams for spending and investing

... this all alleviates the pressure of penny pinching so you don't necessarily have to buy minimal stuff. Get some clothes, some early property if you want, live a little.

Time of my GTA life right now even with the first two assassination missions used up, Los Santos Customs, McKenzie, Sonar Dock(Michael) and Smoke on the Water all purchased... only 12 nuclear wastes collected... all before making any REAL money...

TheLCViceSanAnKiller
  • TheLCViceSanAnKiller

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

Gruppe Sechs after Fresh Meat:
Michael 17.25%
Franklin/Trevor 12.9% after switching to F first

At least on PS4 market trends are definitely irregular. But definitely varying opportunity based on your patience level.

RileyRock
  • RileyRock

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

I had 129% after hs in bilkington 🤓

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:37 PM Edited by CesarCorona, 20 February 2017 - 01:39 PM.

For goodness sake! As soon as I was done with friend requests, I did a few things to pass time, then I saved!
Uninstalled the game on XB1 then disconnect the console and popped the disk back in. Made my 2.1Billions! Re-connect to install the updated etc

It's my game & as a gamer I'd like all that story mode money from the start.

I used to do it the "boys scout" way but now I do it Zumba way. Just a gamers way of doing things, face it...It's just a game to have fun. Only in (Single Player)!

MrXenon1986
  • MrXenon1986

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

FYI, Franklin sleeps for 8 hours, not 6.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users