[GUIDE] Stock Market, Assassination Missions Guide
Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:20 PM
Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:11 PM
Is that bad ?
If so...how ?
Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:35 PM
Could the best times to invest in and sell stocks (with all protagonists considered) related to non-assassination missions be added to the guide?
There is mention of this in the guide, from testing it was very hit and miss. If you look throughout the topic for posts by ribon, he's posted a few pointers, but as I say hit'n'miss.
So what if you picked up that guy and got him to the airport ?
Is that bad ?
If so...how ?
It's still a random encounter and will still count, if you do the stock tip or not. But unless you do the prep work then it won't make you much money, which is the bonus.
- Darth Absentis likes this
Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:03 PM
Ah nice there is this topic about stock market. What has been happened to the stock market?
Has R* patched it or nerfed it? Player's action won't do sh*t to that Augury insurance as I have destroyed 100+ vehicles.
It won't affect anything, either it rise up like 4% or down 4%. Kinda very very disappointing of R* for this lame coding
but it makes me think they are just way too focused on card sharks otherwise they'll lose card sharks.
Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:51 PM
Yes i am playing story mode for xbox 1 and went to buy stock before the assassination and had it for a week and the stock price has not moved up or down? Wow there are making hard to earn money on story mode now?
Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:17 AM
is there any other way to make money in story mode. The old days seem more fun!!!!!
Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:52 AM
Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:14 PM
Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:28 PM
You are relatively screwed (if you wanted essentially unlimited cash for single player)-- however, you are only locking yourself out of buying all the properties-- the final heist money is enough to buy pretty much everything else in the game.
You can always go back and download/install someone elses save...
Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:20 AM
I'm only getting around a 17% increase in Bilkington after completing Derailed. I bought it all immediately before starting Derailed, and after over a full week in-game, it only maxes out at around 17%. However, when I was about to buy it, I saw that the recent increase counter thing was already at +23%. Maybe it's The Paleto Score that increases the price of Bilkington's stock, not Derailed?
Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:25 AM
What did surprise me though is just how quickly it can change. I'm talking a character switch. I was selling stock as Trevor at a 27% increase for some, and by the time I had switched to Michael or Frank I was hitting 38%. It was detrimental but it goes to show how precise you have to be if you really want to squeeze every last cent you can out of this manipulation. I also experienced quite the skyrocket for the Tinkle tip. Within minutes (real minutes) it was already 33% up so I'm glad I invested before I picked him up or else I'd have had such a small window.
Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:57 AM
Just wanted to say this guide is amazing. It's one of the only guides I've seen anywhere that properly lists all story mission stock fluctuations, which allow for significant gains by the end of a playthrough, even before factoring in Lester's assassinations and the Big One payout.
Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:41 PM
Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:56 AM
I just did some of these on ps4. I pretty much stuck with the times in the OP. Here are my results...
Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:13 PM
Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:49 PM
Is there any stock i should invest in before or after "The big score"? I have googled it a lot but didnt find anyting but i think i have read a couple of weeks ago about this subject and that there is an investment opportunity for this mission.
Thanks for this thread.
Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by TheLCViceSanAnKiller, 4 weeks ago.
I just wanted to add - PS4 - few things:
1) I did some experimenting with Bilkington. Placed ALL my characters' money into Bilkington RIGHT AFTER PALETO BAY... then used the quick save/sleep time trick to grab a huge return, might've doubled money right there (probably took a few days in game time as I always use multiple sleeps and game saves to maximize). THEN I went back in RIGHT AFTER Derailed and did the same thing. Same stock. Another ROI.
In essence for some it might be safe to invest in Bilkington right after the Paleto Bay bank job. Or before the mission starts, whatever preferred. I can only remember that my low for my run thru fluctuated between $81 and $90ish and I shot for multiplying on the dollar... with enough money a 5% return can net a real good comeback. Had Michael with Epsilon money too.
2) This is my first run on PS4 and I'm currently on the setup for The Big One. I was actually able to pull off a RANDOM INVESTMENT for positive in BILKINGTON AGAIN just a lil bit ago, outside any mission! Out of the blue I dumped all character cash into BLK stock at around $92 and pulled cash out around $97... mo money, mo money, mo money!
Sooo...... at this time I'm under the impression that it IS possible to watch certain stocks and invest randomly... but you MUST be careful and USE MULTIPLE SAVES - not sure how people aren't doing that in the first place...
3) I went a different route with my investment portfolio, which actually has added alotta depth to my game. I completed the first two assassination missions with all included investments (big thanks again) and went ahead to buy Franklin's Los Santos Customs franchise as well as Trevor's McKenzie Airstrip... these are serving multiple purposes:
- everyone gets free car mods via the car switch trick (assuming this is fairly common knowledge)
- I been pulling random cars to flip Franklin's street races for spending/investing money - with the chop shop purchased early in the game... it's kinda a game breaker, being able to mod cars to the max for whatever needed
- Trevor's arms running missions provide additional streams for spending and investing
... this all alleviates the pressure of penny pinching so you don't necessarily have to buy minimal stuff. Get some clothes, some early property if you want, live a little.
Time of my GTA life right now even with the first two assassination missions used up, Los Santos Customs, McKenzie, Sonar Dock(Michael) and Smoke on the Water all purchased... only 12 nuclear wastes collected... all before making any REAL money...
Posted 4 weeks ago
Franklin/Trevor 12.9% after switching to F first
At least on PS4 market trends are definitely irregular. But definitely varying opportunity based on your patience level.
Posted 5 days ago Edited by CesarCorona, 5 days ago.
Uninstalled the game on XB1 then disconnect the console and popped the disk back in. Made my 2.1Billions! Re-connect to install the updated etc
It's my game & as a gamer I'd like all that story mode money from the start.
I used to do it the "boys scout" way but now I do it Zumba way. Just a gamers way of doing things, face it...It's just a game to have fun. Only in (Single Player)!
3 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users