[GUIDE] Stock Market, Assassination Missions Guide

229 replies to this topic
AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

A Mercenary lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

good read, thanks to the person who redirected me back to it, i notice that ive replied before, although now with a better understanding of the game, but still not the stocks and shares thing

without sounding dumb (although i will) theres still a few things i dont understand, like having 2 files, wouldnt this be 2 games? and how would you know when to save which one without messing up the other? i was hoping just to use one file

also, if i invest all my money with each character, is there a chance i could lose it all? on my original file, i invested loads with michael just into random things, and basically got nothing back at all, i lost what i invested, i might as well of just put it into a brief case and thrown it into the ocean

thanks

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

good read, thanks to the person who redirected me back to it, i notice that ive replied before, although now with a better understanding of the game, but still not the stocks and shares thing

without sounding dumb (although i will) theres still a few things i dont understand, like having 2 files, wouldnt this be 2 games? and how would you know when to save which one without messing up the other? i was hoping just to use one file

also, if i invest all my money with each character, is there a chance i could lose it all? on my original file, i invested loads with michael just into random things, and basically got nothing back at all, i lost what i invested, i might as well of just put it into a brief case and thrown it into the ocean

thanks

It wouldn't be two separate games, it would be same save files, all you would use the second one for is as a temporary save game whilst you make sure that you've got the most out of the tip, once you've ensured that you've got the most out of the tip you can then overwrite your main save game file.

For example Slot 1 is your main save game, do the mission/tip and if you are speeding up time then use slot 2 as a temporary save game to speed things up, once it's worked then save again in slot 1.  However if the tip doesn't work or you go past where you want it to go, then scrap all that you've done in slot 2 and reload Slot 1 and try the tip again.

As for the guide, sorry if I've not been updating this, I've not been playing it for a good while and the PS3 is in box somewhere and that pesky thing called real life kicks in... bummer, eh?  But I hope to polish this thing back up later this year after Rockstar finally announced that it's coming to the PC :).

cwolf18
  • cwolf18

Meanwhile, in Sandy Shores...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

Just wanted to say thank you for the great guide, I've only done 1 assassination mission (started a new game a couple of days ago) but I've made $12m so far thanks to your guide!

Again, thank you!

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

Fruit never went past 25% for me and Facade never went back up. I slept for two weeks before giving up on those two.

NegimaDude
  • NegimaDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:20 AM Edited by NegimaDude, 14 August 2014 - 09:07 AM.

I got a question is bilkington's stocks suppose to stay low after you purchased them?

After i sold all of BET i waited awhile on the game and went to purchase bilkington but the stock always stays low and at 0% When everyone made it sound like it raises after purchasing them so according to IGN here's what it said about bilkington

several in-game hours BIL price will drop to its minimum and will stay there for at least 2 days, that's when you buy it.

^ Well i did like it said and it still stays low and at 0%. So whoever wrote that on ign is lying

Edit : tried doing the same thing on Redwood and it doesn't go high it stays low it drops to 0.1 then goes to 0.2 and that's all.

And I'm thinking how can you invest Bilkington Redwood Facade when you are actually hurting them? So no offense dude but you're guide on here is not 100% accurate

GustavoMota
  • GustavoMota

Whatchu want, some wheels?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

You have to sleep for like a week for Bilkinton to go back up. 67% return for me.

And LOL, before you start insulting the OP you should understand how things work. After you hurt Bilkinton, their shares will eventually go back to normal. So you buy in while it's low, due to the assassination, and when it goes back to normal you sell.

Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

I got it up to 83.6%, and got killed, and it went back to 50%. Bur thats ok, because i learned about a money trick for an unpatched gta game, so i started the game over, and im going to try to get about 10 million for each character before i attempt it again, michaels sitting on 5 mill, franklins on over 4 mill, and just got trevers story open, so will start working on him. Making a couple million, doing a mission or 2, go back and make a couple more, a mission or 2, repeat. Gonna really bank a lot for every property.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

BAWSAQ is stuck for me. Anyone else have the same issue?

Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Since reading about the attack on sunday on the psn, i havnt tried to install the patch again, since BAWSAQ is the online stock market. Im sitting on over 10 million dollars each character, waiting for it to be safe. Might make another 5 million each while i wait. Takes about 15 min per million (although im burnt out on that glitch, lol) working on other side stuff to pass the time (triathalon 3 was a bitch, 30 straight minutes of button mashing, but luckily i won it)

BAWSAQ is stuck for me. Anyone else have the same issue?

RGTube
  • RGTube

IMC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

69 reply right here

Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

Is the BAWSAQ still stuck?

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:32 AM

Update

To get Bawsaq to work, buy the max shares you can then hit the minus button once to remove one share. This is working on my end so far.

Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

I finally did my 1st assassination mission yesterday, put $10 million on trever and michael, 8 million on franklin (didnt do that minus, i just saw that post above this), it went up to 81.36% i believe. Made 8 million on m and t, 7 million on f.

ribon
  • ribon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by ribon, 07 September 2014 - 05:59 PM.

I've searched all over the internet for this but nobody seems to know the answer.

What really affects the stocks on the LCN stock exchange?

I've read that if you take two companies who are competing against each other (ex. Clucking Bell and Taco-something) and destroy one company's assets, that company's stock price will go down and the competitor's stock will go up. That proved to be just a rumor, I destroyed literally hundreds of CB trucks and the stocks weren't affected at all (just the usual up and down movement of a couple of cents).

Then someone said that if you invest in Augury Insurance and cause mayhem on the streets, the stock will go up. I've invested in both Augury Insurance and Mors Insurance (or whatever it's called), got into my rhino and again destroyed hundreds and hundreds of cars, helicopters, vans, trucks, pedestrians.... again, the stocks weren't affected at all.

So now I'm asking... what the bloody hell affects a company's stock price?!

EDIT:

I forgot to mention. In my game, the Vangelico stock did NOT drop after the jewelry heist. And after the very last story mission where I picked the C option (Deathwish), the Clucking Bell stock shot up from $129 to $250 and Augury Insurance from $33 to $74, and Logger dropped from $70 to $40. Those were the only major stock changes (excluding the assassination missions). Augury Insurance is now moving between $72.60 and $75.60 and I've been playing for more than a month in-game time.

Also, in-game time does not refresh the stock market, real-time 45 seconds do. I've done some tests on my own and even though the game time advanced for 12 hours (Trevor save), all stock prices remained the same.

And one last thing I've noticed - the stock movement is random. For example, when I saved my game with Augury Insurance at $74.69 and waited for it to refresh, it went up to $74.84. I reloaded the very same save file and waited for the stock market to refresh again. This time the stock dropped to $74.40. Loaded again, it dropped to $74.50. So yeah, I could probably just invest all my millions I got from the last story mission into a stock and just load until it rose for about 3-4 dollars, but there's no fun in that.... :s

• tyler5 likes this

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

I have completed the story mode

and only have a 3 or 4 game saves listed in my list, i always let the game auto save

Is it possible to make money from the stock market NOW by replaying the Assassination Missions and investing in the correct stock for that mission while playing it??

I ask because i now am working on getting gold medals and after a complete a replayed mission it reloads me back to character i was using when i picked the mission to replay

Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

I started over, folloewd these stock tips, and made over 2 billion dollars with each character. Thanks op.

ribon
  • ribon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

and only have a 3 or 4 game saves listed in my list, i always let the game auto save

Is it possible to make money from the stock market NOW by replaying the Assassination Missions and investing in the correct stock for that mission while playing it??

I ask because i now am working on getting gold medals and after a complete a replayed mission it reloads me back to character i was using when i picked the mission to replay

No, it's not possible.

minimap
  • minimap

ultraelectromagneticpop

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

this really helps, thanks man.

Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

Yep, unfortunately you gotta start over. But its worth it if you want to do the stock market correctly. Starting over gave me the chance to get 100% on the game.

ribon
  • ribon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by ribon, 11 September 2014 - 10:31 PM.

Update on my part.

I've started two new games on my PS3 and monitored the stock prices and what affects them.

- The graphs, return percentage, return value data, highest price and lowest price data for every stock on LCN is bullsh*t. They are incorrect (hell, the graph is different every time you load the friggin game) and you shouldn't pay any attention to them.

- The stock prices of each company are different from game to game (Augury Insurance in my first game was at $33, it's at $250 in my second game and $450 in the third one).

- The LCN stock exchange IS random! That means you cannot influence the stock price movement with your actions in-game. Putting it another way, the TacoBomb stocks will NOT rise even if you destroy a million CluckinBell vehicles. Same goes for FlyUS / AirEMU pair and others. Also, the stock price of Augury Insurance will not rise/drop when you destroy vehicles. So whoever posted these vids on YouTube is either a troll or got really lucky.

- The stock market refreshes every 30 (not 45) real-time seconds. When that happens, the stock prices of every company change - either moves up or down. This movement is random too - say the market refreshes and your stock X drops by $0.08. If you reload the game, it may rise/drop by a different amount. However, there are certain caps to every stock; their lowest and highest amounts.

Therefore, if you wanna get rich on the LCN SE, the best strategy I have found to work is this one:

1) Find the cheapest stock on your list*

2) Monitor that stock's movement for at least an hour real-time. Note down every single price change that happened, then note down the lowest price and the highest price this stock has reached.

3) Invest all your money when the stock is very near its lowest value. Obviously, the more money you invest, the more money you'll make when the stocks go up.

4) Save your game and monitor the price. If the stock goes up in the next refresh cycle, save your game again. If it drops, just reload.

5) Continue doing this until your stock reaches or gets close to the highest value that you noted down in point 2, then sell all your stocks.

* you'll want to invest in the cheapest stock for a very simple reason - every small movement of such a stock will grant you a bigger return than the more expensive stocks. All stock price movements in GTA V are more or less the same (rise/fall by just a couple of cents per cycle) and do not reflect the real-life stock market trading.

Example, say you invest $100k in company X which is valued at $10 and another $100k in company Y which is valued at $300. Both stocks rise by $1.50. Here's what you'd get:

$100,000 / $10 = 10,000 shares * $11.50 = $115,000 = $15,000 profit

$100,000 / $300 = 333 shares * $301.50 = $100,500 = $500 profit

Even though this method is boring as f*ck, it's the only (safe) way of making a profit on the LCN SE. So if you can, try making the most out of Lester's assassination tips so that you have at least a couple hundred million to invest for bigger returns.

• tyler5 likes this

Busta93
  • Busta93

Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by Busta93, 14 September 2014 - 10:10 PM.

If it is true that stock price changes are not influenced by the players actions in story mode apart from Lester's assassination missions then that is quite poor on behalf of Rockstar. The fact that it is all random and refreshes after a certain period of time defies the whole point of it being a proper stock market. Very lazy.

Fortunately I have around $1.5 billion for each character by buying and selling stock during the assassination missions so the stock market is pretty meaningless now.

ribon
  • ribon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by ribon, 22 September 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Another update.

The Vangelico stock shoots up by 50% after you do the Minor Turbulence mission (where Trevor flies into the big plane with his crop duster).

xTrendSs
  • xTrendSs

Beast

• Van Society
  • Venezuela

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:37 PM Edited by AlienEgg, 26 September 2014 - 07:22 PM.

Hey guys i need help, i was doing this on my 3rd playthrought and im stuck in the third mission. I sleep until its monday and i buy fruit whit michael and trevor, but when i try to buy it whit Franklin for some reason my money never disappears, and fruit doesnt shows in my wallet either. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it.

ribon
  • ribon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:45 PM Edited by ribon, 01 October 2014 - 09:48 PM.

I did some research on my own about the LCN prices after the main missions (tested on two different games) and these are the results (poster chronically):

Friend Request

Life Invader -45.57%

The Jewel Store Job

Vangelico -29.76%

Hotel Assassination

Bilkinton -67.26%

Minor Turbulence

Vangelico +42.57%

The Paleto Score

Cluckin Bell -39.99%

Derailed

Bilkinton +82.20%

Monkey Business

Life Invader -50.03%

Fresh Meat

Gruppe Sechs +11.17%

Legal Trouble

FlyUS -50.20%

Meltdown

Richards Majestic -50.03%

FlyUS +100.69%

The Third Way (after the credits)

MerryWeather -49.51%

Augury Insurance +101.49%

Cluckin Bell +66.89%

Gruppe Sechs +10.80%

Happy investing!

• Crokey, Spuds725, tyler5 and 5 others like this

thedstxb
  • thedstxb

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:08 AM

I did some research on my own about the LCN prices after the main missions (tested on two different games) and these are the results (poster chronically):

Friend Request
Life Invader -45.57%

The Jewel Store Job
Vangelico -29.76%

Hotel Assassination
Bilkinton -67.26%

Minor Turbulence
Vangelico +42.57%

The Paleto Score
Cluckin Bell -39.99%

Derailed
Bilkinton +82.20%

Monkey Business
Life Invader -50.03%

Fresh Meat
Gruppe Sechs +11.17%

Legal Trouble
FlyUS -50.20%

Meltdown
Richards Majestic -50.03%
FlyUS +100.69%

The Third Way (after the credits)
MerryWeather -49.51%
Augury Insurance +101.49%
Cluckin Bell +66.89%
Gruppe Sechs +10.80%

Happy investing!

How long after the Derailed mission does it take Bilkington to go up to 82%? I'm two missions past Fresh Meat and it still hasn't gone up.

ribon
  • ribon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

Did you purchase the stocks before doing Derailed?

thedstxb
  • thedstxb

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

Yes

ribon
  • ribon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hm, okay. My data shows I did Hotel Assassination on Sunday at 13:22 game time and Derailed on Friday 13:04. It could be as with the second assassination mission where Debonaire cigarettes are at an all time high and Redwood at an all time low for 5 days, then they both start going back to normal. Since this is Lester's mission after all, it makes sense.

• tyler5 likes this

Soulrise
  • Soulrise

Original Guerrilla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

Has anyone made it far enough in the PS4 or XBox One versions of Story Mode to know if anything's changed regarding Stocks and assassinations?

silentmin
  • silentmin

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

I'm playing it on PS4 and doing the Hotel Assassination mission right now.. I'm only getting max 21 Return Percentage every time I retry doing it.. Is it just me?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users