Photo

[GUIDE] Stock Market, Assassination Missions Guide

124 replies to this topic
Snatantula
  • Snatantula

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Did the 1.06 change something cause ive done this twice with 34 million to start and finish with 334 milloin each time.

Great guide tho im am happy with 334 mill but a billion would be nice to see.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Was that $34 million each?

I don't know if the latest patch did anything-- if you followed this guide and sold at the "expected" returns listed-- you should have ended up with significantly more then that-- I started with slightly less then you and ended with over 1.6 billion each (1.8 billion for Michael who started with a bit more)

• Teelo likes this

SpeedFight
  • SpeedFight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by SpeedFight, 01 December 2013 - 11:24 PM.

I can confirm the Bilkinton tip, peaks at 100%

And i have another tip:

After  The Big Score before the last mission buy Augury Insurance

Sell after the last mission at 100% or wait longer it did raise a bit more after i sold but just a few %

I think this only is the case when choosing option c Deathwish wich i did

This one could also work when doing the other Heists but i can't confirm that since i discovered it after doing the Final mission i saw Augury on 100% so i redid the last mission buying them before and selling after.

To bad i didn't know about FlyUs without that one i got 62M with Michael 50M with Franlin and 45M with Trevor and still got to do the 4 assasinations and hitch lift 1 so im going for 2B ;) ( got this by doing all random events that earn real money like the bike thief, drug shoutout, epsilon etc Before The Hotel Assasination.

Also In the mail Michael gets from Don Percival after The Last Mission he mentions that Merryweather is down i checked this and it is down from 211 before the last mission to 105 after Don also states that it will be temporary low.

I am testing just now if it will go up again but so far it hasn't if it will i will let that know

SpeedFight
  • SpeedFight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well Merryweahther seems not be be an ingame tip still low at 105 after assasiations 2, 3 and 4.

On Vapid i can confirm both 100% but also 146% This is what happened and i think the 146% is a glitch:

I bought Vapid after the mission then slept without saving but made quick saves everytime i slept, it went up to 100.2% and i sold them and saved my game. Then i reloaded the last save before i sold, when i saved it it was at 100.2% and when i reloaded it is was at 146.96% so i sold and saved over the slot where i sold at 100%, bit stupid coz now i have used a glich i think wich i would normally not do but it happened before i thought it was a glitch pfff

SpeedFight
  • SpeedFight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:26 PM Edited by SpeedFight, 03 December 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Pretty sure now on what triggers the glitches, what happened with Vapid as described above also happened with Tinkle. I bought them before Hitch Lift 1 and waited at the airport just watching my portfolio, it went up slowly to end at 33.04% and stayed at 33.04% while waiting to see if anything else would happen. Then made a quick save and then sold the stocks and made a quick save in a new slot.

Now i reloaded the save game where Tinkle was 33.04% and went to my portfolio to see that Tinkle was at 56.73%.

Though i am pretty sure can anyone confirm this?

Finished the game and without buying any properties besides The Sonar Collections Dock and McKenzie Airfield and without using the 100% return on FlyUs around the Solomon missions but with accidently getting 146% on Vapid i got:

Michael  4523M

Franklin 3667M

Trevor   3260M

unfairlane
  • unfairlane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:39 AM Edited by unfairlane, 14 December 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Great guide, helped me alot but where do I find "western freeway" ??

edit: re-read and !found" it :lol:

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:30 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 01 January 2014 - 12:30 PM.

Although this is old stuff now, and most of us know the basics (hell, the first time I saw the assassinations missions I thought "save 'em until the end when I've got more money!"), this is the most comprehensive guide out there I've seen. Deserves to be pinned, imho.

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Ride or Die!

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

i wish i knew this at the time of doing them missions, i made nothing from them, i was just doing them as they were coming up

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:19 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 04 January 2014 - 10:20 AM.

Did the 1.06 change something cause ive done this twice with 34 million to start and finish with 334 milloin each time.

Great guide tho im am happy with 334 mill but a billion would be nice to see.

I just completed a further play through using this guide. It appears the maximum amount of money you can hold is $2,147,483,647 to be precise.

The multiplier on stock prices you get from the assassinations 2-5 and Hitch Lift 1 is 68.77 (1.8 * 4 * 1.5 * 1.33 * 2 * 1.88 * 1.33) - the first assassination doesn't help much as you have to complete that early on when you won't have much cash. If you want to max out at $2.1bn then your choice of method for the big score is critical. If you chose "Obvious" you use fewer crew members, so you should wind up with about $38m per character (providing you have more than $31.3m this guide will take you up to $2.1bn). However, if you chose "Subtle" the payout is less as you use more crew members each taking a cut which will leave you with $20-$25m or so.

Also, I noted when you are buying on the Bawsdaq if you try and invest all your money in one go, and you've got a lot (over $100m), sometimes the transaction doesn't go through. I think because the price moves, what can happen is the price goes up a little bit while you're holding down the plus key to buy more shares and by the time you've finished you can't afford the amount you've ordered because they are fractionally more expensive! I could be wrong about that but the trick that works for me is to dump all your money in, then use the minus key to take out about 20 odd shares which will give you the surplus funds to cope with any live appreciation.

TheInternetGangster
  • TheInternetGangster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Excellent guide OP, used it on my second playthrough and made just shy of two billion dollars with each of the characters. I don't really understand the importance of it being Monday before you start each mission though. I done it for the first two missions, then got pissed off with all the saving and decided to just do the missions regardless of what day it was. Seemed to work just fine.

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Going through my second play, just had to do the first assasination, Betta Pharmaceuticals (BET) went up just over 80% for me on the Bawsaq ! *EDIT* I see now Spuds already mentioned it *EDIT*

Made sure I did the nuclear waste collection before that ( the property only comes available after the Merryweather heist ), damn that is so boring, especially if you do it for the second time !

Another good tip is doing the Epsilon missions before you start the guide, I only noticed this now, can make you $2.1M as Michael.

KIFFLOM !!!!

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:21 PM Edited by MechanicMammal, 25 January 2014 - 05:32 PM.

Other smaller profit would be investing in Vangelico after it drops from the 1st heist and Bilkington after making your profit from Betta as they both gradually return to normal.

On a side note: Does Cluckin Bell ever recover after it drops from the Paleto job?

Also interested now in Prolaps as it's low price makes large leaps in volume.

..oh yeah. I' offline so these are all LCN

I can confirm that putting your money back into Bilkington after selling the betta stocks gives you a good return I managed to get 100% return. :) It takes a while to recover forget how many saves but quite a few.

this is my second run through sp as I did not take advantage of the stocks on the first play. I did the mission as late as poss (when nothing was showing on map for all characters to maximise cash they each had) but at about a estimated 2 thirds through story mode my characters already have 4.2 mill for Mike, Just over a mill for frank, and 750 thousand for trev. So cant wait to finish the Big Score so I can take advantage of the rest of your brilliant guide!

Edit

Going back to the quoted post I also tried making stock money with Mike and Frank after the first jewelry heist but was unsuccessfull dont know if that was lack of patiance waiting or that you get stuck playing trevor for a bit after the heist and may of missed it.

gonna look into the Clucking Bell thing when I get to that point :)

MG0902
  • MG0902

Crackhead

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Nice guide man. Thx. I'm playing trough my second time and I noticed that after some missions the LCN changes allot. Stocks like gastroband,gopostal and some other stocks will rise after you finish a mission in SP... i saw a change of 20% by gopostal. I don't know exactly which mission it was. I noticed it after "reuniting the family". But I could be after "the bureau raid".. Maybe on my 3 play trough Ill be watching the LCN before and after missions for stock changes

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:15 PM Edited by Cakelover21, 30 January 2014 - 10:24 AM.

Best guide for AssassinationNation yet! I have 1000m with Michael 900m with Franklin and 600m with Trevor!

Acegunn
  • Acegunn

Weather Wonk

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

Fruit has gone up rapidly to 50.72  percent (after facade assassination mission) that's within 4 ingame hrs. I watching it now will report with final total.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I would just like to point out that Redwood isn't RED, but RWC.

Great guide, though, worked just fine. Thank you.

Amenly
  • Amenly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

I want to add something regarding the stocks (more specifically, the Multi-Target Assassination mission) that I hope will assist many players experiencing a certain hindrance with it. Before I completed that mission, I invested in Debonaire and, afterwards, sold it when it hit 80% and invested into Redwood. I expected a 300% return (as the guide says) but it the percentages weren't dramatically increasing or decreasing. The numbers always shifted between .3, .27, 21, and .18. I was obfuscated as to why this was occurring. I saved several times with Trevor-- I moved the ingame day from Tuesday to Fri and it was still shifting between those numbers. At this point, I was hopeless and searched for an answer online but, unfortunately, found no answer. I decided to exit the game, log out (PSN), and log back in and load the game again. When I entered, I checked the stocks and the return percentage was at 301%. I was stunned that it worked. I don't know what caused my issue but I guess this is the solution. Just leave, sign out, sign in, and load the game again.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

I don't think signing out is necessary, since it's just the way it works, it takes a few days. Same happened with me - I saved several times and moved the ingame time for 4, maybe even 5 days and it just jumped to 299% or something like that from being only a few percent during the days I was skipping. What may have happened is that you coincidentally decided to quit the game and go back in just when the game decided to change the percentage to 301%. Dx

But, of course, if someone really does get any problems with this part, they should try your technique.

bengals9486
  • bengals9486

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

I have seen alot of guides on the internet talking about this.  Most of them say make anywhere from $600,000 to $1.5 billion.  Well I just about doubled the $1.5 billion.  I beat the game before I did any of the lester assassination missions.  Then i looked at the guides that tell you what stocks to invest in before and after the missions.  Then I proceeded to follow those steps and check the stocks to see when they peaked.  After all of this was done then I went to pick up the 1st hitch hiker on Ineseno Rd. in Banham Canyon.  He then gives you a tip to invest in tinkle. Do it as soon as he gets out of the car and then watch the stocks and see where it peaks which should be about 30%. After all of that was done I had a total of almost $3,000,000,000 for all of my characters.  I made over $500,000,000 just off of the hitch hiker mission stock tip.  If you follow the steps seen in guides like this one http://www.gamechup....ester-missions/ which says you will only make 1.8 billion, you will have more money than you know what to do with.  Feel free to comment if you have any questions.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

Thanks! I could only do the LCN ones, but I ended up with around 226,000,000 for each. Awesome.

TMD-funk
  • TMD-funk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

I traded on bawsaq. Watched stocks like hawk and little, vapid, whiz. May not be the same on everybody's but I'm sure there are a couple that jump up and down. I had to wait hours in real world time before the stocks moved. Check it at night then check it in the morning. It only takes 15 min if you included turning your system on and bootin the game. I've got 2.15 bil with frank and Trevor and 1.9bil with Michael. Took a awhile but every time I played I bought and/or sold. I just hope that there's more sp dlc so can use it.

http://socialclub.ro...verview/michael
Tried post a pic of my social club page. Not sure how to do it on CPU or iPhone.

Car-Jack
  • Car-Jack

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

You don't actually need to save the game. Just press the button to sleep, then back out of the menu. The time will still advance.

• GTAfear likes this

YungEra
  • YungEra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Redwood isn't jumping back up for me. Sucks.

cerveau
  • cerveau

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:23 AM Edited by cerveau, 22 March 2014 - 04:29 AM.

Awesome guide!

I only just bought the game about 2 weeks ago, so even before I installed it I knew about posts like these

and in particular the bug fix with the hidden packages.

So the first thing i did was to decline the patch updates (this is on xbox) and then got the dingy (with the scuba 

gear) on both Franklin and Michael (this is right at the start before you unlock Trevor)

And switched between them while they repeatedly picked up the 25k and 20k hidden packages

(this bug is fixed in the very first patch which is why I didnt update the game)

yeah it took a few hours but I had 10 million on both chars before even starting the game proper.

Then i patched up the game and started playing.

The upshot is when I got to the end of the missions and started doing the assasinations (which id saved)

So I had about 40m on franklin, and 20m on Michael to invest (Trevor only had a few hundred k)

I wouldnt have had anywhere near that without doing the hidden packages.

so my tip is if you are gonna do a new run through delete the game - re-install it and dont update it

till you collected the hidden packages a few times, this will give you a nice head start so when

you come to do the big investments in the assasination missions you will make more right from the off,

whch of course will increase with each investment.

tiagorasia
  • tiagorasia

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

Hi, today ( 04/19/14 ) with all xbox updates on gta, I follow this guide , and its 100% working  

Ps: I did Kifflom first 

tks

z2ft.jpg

CrusaderNFB
  • CrusaderNFB

Beat Dropper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

Helpful.

TheKidKid415
  • TheKidKid415

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:34 AM

After reading this post and other peoples tips with saving and saving in a new slot. After the last assignation mission I earned the maximum money earned which is 2.1b so what I did before selling all the stocks I sold about 1mill shares with Gold Coast and bought the golf course and when I looked at the percentage on the stocks it went up 200+percent so I still had money left from the previous sell so I sold more and bought the expensive movie theater and checked out the percentage again it jumped up to 1000% and when I sold some more shares the percentage went to 0% and that's when I sold all of it and I still ended up with the maximum cap amount 2.1b with all three characters!!

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

White-skinned N-word.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

1.5 billion Franklin, 2.1 billion Michael. Thanks.

Dlegion
  • Dlegion

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by Dlegion, 10 May 2014 - 04:45 PM.

I recently started gta v over again, just to try this strategy. It works. Follow these instructions, and you cant go wrong. Each of the main characters ended up with 1.5 billion. Never have to worry about money again.
Thanks for this thread.

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

2Nd playthrough-
each character had around 42 million after the final mission.

Then i did ONE assassination mission, (Debonare/Redwood)

Then all my characters had over 300 million apiece after i rode LCN as far as i could with the two companies.

One assassination almost multiplied my money 10 times.

Awesome

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users