Rat-Loader V8.... 4 cylinder sound?

19 replies to this topic
AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

I wonder which developer came up with the idea to make this truck sound like a broken honda civic 1.3 engine? I mean it clearly looks like a 350ci v8 so WHY give it a sh*tty 4 cylinder sound... am I the only one that's bothered by this?

0_0.jpg

• Fizzlepop531 likes this

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

I wonder which developer came up with the idea to make this truck sound like a broken honda civic 1.3 engine? I mean it clearly looks like a 350ci v8 so WHY give it a sh*tty 4 cylinder sound... am I the only one that's bothered by this?

0_0.jpg

Many disappointments with this car. It's slow, it sounds weak and you can't clean up the body (remove rust and dents.)

Such potential for being the coolest car in the game, but as it is, it's is only one of the coolest. lol.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

There are a bunch of cars that don't sound the way they should

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by AlexL, 01 November 2013 - 04:53 PM.

There are a bunch of cars that don't sound the way they should

Someone should make a list with all those cars and send it to rockstar, including the semi trucks that don't even sound close to a real turbo-diesel :/. In some cutscenes they ACTUALLY use realistic sounds for them.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

At least the jetmax doesn't sound like an rc boat anymore. The squalo and tropic still sound like crap though

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

They don't specialize in car simulators so you guys asking for way too much.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Come on... it's a 265 million dollar game. Wouldn't you expect more?

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the productive response. Back to your cave now

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

When the game is called Grand Theft AUTO, I expected the cars to be the largest focus. Which for the most part, they are. The Variety is wonderful, the customization is pretty nice. The driving is ok (not like a racing game but good for what it is) And the sense of speed is done very well.

There are just some improvements which could be made, such as having the sounds match up a little better.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

In gta IV muscle cars had the right sound. Stop making excuses

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Born in sin, COME ON IN.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

In gta IV muscle cars had the right sound. Stop making excuses

Actually they didn't, they didn't have the heavy rumble that real muscle cars have.

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Its not like I'm saying they didn't care about the sound. I'm pretty sure they tried the best they could to match the sound of the cars. There main focus is to create a crime city to have fun in. I love cars too but its no simulator.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Its not like I'm saying they didn't care about the sound. I'm pretty sure they tried the best they could to match the sound of the cars. There main focus is to create a crime city to have fun in. I love cars too but its no simulator.

"Lets have yoga and a creepy French movie and annoying ambiance you can't shut off and not make cars sound realistic"

Actual quote from Rockstar. Probably

Nicolas Chiribelo
  • Nicolas Chiribelo

Welcome to the City

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Well, i guess in the PC version, it will be posible to change the sound of the vehicles through the handling.dat (or whatever is called in this game). In IV is possible.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well, i guess in the PC version, it will be posible to change the sound of the vehicles through the handling.dat (or whatever is called in this game). In IV is possible.

Too bad I won't be able to run it on my PC :sui:

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

0_0.jpg

Dude, R* are obviously very ignorant about things like this. I guess it's "redneck" territory and they are highly racist towards the rural culture, obviously, so R* looks like fools when it comes to manly things. Why is there always peckers in GTA V, but not vagina? Why is the soundtrack so bad? Why are the lifted up pick-up trucks 2WD? This has been duscussed quite a bit. R* are foreigners going for satire except this time they went full anti-american anti-rural folk. This game drips of left-winged lunacy. A lot of the vehicle horns aren't correct either.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by AlexL, 01 November 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Dude, R* are obviously very ignorant about things like this. I guess it's "redneck" territory and they are highly racist towards the rural culture, obviously, so R* looks like fools when it comes to manly things. Why is there always peckers in GTA V, but not vagina? Why is the soundtrack so bad? Why are the lifted up pick-up trucks 2WD? This has been duscussed quite a bit. R* are foreigners going for satire except this time they went full anti-american anti-rural folk. This game drips of left-winged lunacy. A lot of the vehicle horns aren't correct either.

Lol, that's true.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Come on... it's a 265 million dollar game. Wouldn't you expect more?

More than half of it went into marketing.... :|

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Born in sin, COME ON IN.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

0_0.jpg

Sounds true.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 01 November 2013 - 09:18 PM.

I just find it weird getting in a pickup truck and realising the engine sound is the same as, say, the Oracle. Or that the Entity XF has the horn of a f*cking 1991 Family Sedan. It would also be a good idea to let us buy ALL the horns. You want the horn of a Rolls Royce on a sh*tty Toyota, fine go ahead. Ho-Ho, no, it's much better to have all these f*cking sh*ts like Clown Horns. Yeah good job R*  :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users