Tram Crash in Sarajevo,Bosnia and Herzegovina

30 replies to this topic
acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

http://www.klix.ba/v...jenih/131101079

Collision between two trams occurred at the crossover at the Technical School . Collided tram number 3 garage number 213, who went with the Baščaršija Ilidza and tram number 6 garage of 228 , ranging from the direction Ilidže . At the scene of the accident came more teams ambulances and police and KS .

Passengers in two trams quickly receive first aid and injured are rapidly transported to the General Hospital " Prim.dr. Abdulah Nakas " in Sarajevo , as well as the Clinical Center University of Sarajevo.

According to witnesses , the trams were full of passengers, and the crash was caused panic among citizens.

Spokesman for the HP Irfan Nefić confirmed that injured a total of 40 people , who are emergency vehicles rushed to the hospital .

" The cause of the accident still can not speak . Upon inspection we have more information. Informed the Duty Prosecutor KS , and hired a forensic expert traffic profession ," he added Nefić .

Part of the passengers was taken to the General Hospital , " Abdulah Nakas ," where they receive medical assistance .

" We received 12 people , including one child. All are easily hurt, and the child is due to head injuries were transported to the Clinical Centre in Sarajevo. All our doctors are mobilized and help patients ," said the portal Klix.ba Jasna Dučić from General Hospital.

Happened just hour ago in my city. I was waiting for a tram when a lady on a station told people that there was collision on a crossroad near Technicall school. Like zou can see on pictures in the link,it was quite a crash. Luckily there is no info about fatalities,and everybody is in hospital so hopefully all the wounded would be OK.

• Ramyhyday likes this

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'm sorry that happened, but why does it belong here exactly...?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by theadmiral, 02 November 2013 - 12:36 AM.

I'm more interested in why you feel it does not belong here, considering this is the off topic section and it is a relevant piece of news. And also why you feel the need to even say that?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

Aw bummer, a tram crash. Not as fatal as a train crash, but still a tracked vehicle accident nonetheless :(

• theadmiral likes this

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm more interested in why you feel it does not belong here, considering this is the off topic section and it is a relevant piece of news. And also why you feel the need to even say that?

Relevant to what?

Should I post every news story about some accident or collision in the world? Maybe I should post a local news story about some roadwork being done in my town or something.

This post is literally about some stupid little traffic accident in Sarajevo. There weren't massive fatalities. There wasn't even a single fatality. People weren't displaced, millions in damages done, nothing like that. One tram hit another tram. End of story.

If you post something here, it ought to at least be something big enough to spark some kind of discussion. What can be discussed about this? Nothing. The most anyone can say that will be useful is "that sucks, glad nobody died."

If I want to read trivial news stories, I can go to CNN, or BBC, or Google News, or so on. I don't come to GTAForums for nonsense like this.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Have you read the description of the off topic forum on the main page?

bread
  • bread

Grown conventionally and organically worldwide

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Have you realized how redundant this topic is?

Oh, what am I saying. You're a noob to GTAForums, you still don't understand how things go around here.

Don't worry, you might pick it up one day.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Tram crash? Is that even possible?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Please don't let me stop you people with a join date older than mine from being smug to someone for posting a news story you didn't have to click on, in the off topic forum.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Oh, what am I saying. You're a noob to GTAForums, you still don't understand how things go around here.

Sorry, but the only thing redundant here, is what your argument became when you decided to use the term "noob".

• theadmiral likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Too bad it happened, but it's not really groundbreaking news. Trams and cars are colliding every day in the world, so this one isn't exactly newsworthy. 

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well this is not such a usual sight,to be honest,and if its happened so close everybody would post it everywhere you can. This was quite a sight:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dnAgAg_if8s

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PK5CumkkvNk

Also damage is harder becouse City Transportation company GRAS is already in debt,in april they were in strike for seven days,lost some lines to prvate companies and recently couldn't even pay electricity bill. There is already preparation for mass dissmisal of workers,so this incident could start a collapse of company and chaos in transportation. Yes its a local thing but you would be pissed if our government ask governments of your countries for another credit  :lol:

Also this story did had human side.There was actually brother and sister,each in one of the vehicles. Luckily they are ok but it coulda end up bad easily.They described how that looked from passenger point of view.

Aydin fortunately not injured , while Ayla got shot in the shoulder and had to seek medical help . Both of them are shocked, stunned , and after you have recovered , in an interview with Klix.ba are told that today's accident looked from the perspective of passengers.

Aydin was on the way to school and did not know in what will turn this day. He says that in the time of the collision felt a shot .

" She snapped like a grenade ," he tells us , and continues: "It all shook . Luckily I stayed on my feet, but the people around me fell down. Could hear screams and curses ..." . The tram was , he says, after a collision rocked so scared that it will tip over.

" I ran out of the car and started to walk away because I thought it would explode ," says Aydin .

Although it is not yet known official cause of the accident , Aydin said the blame for all switches.

"A few moments before the crash , passed a tram ' four ' to the train station , then switch was not returned ." He says one employee GRAS apologized to the passengers with the words that the electronics failed.

Aydin sister Ayla saw what happened in the second tram. At the time of the accident returning from college .

" At the station at the campus I went to ' six' and when he began to swerve at the Museum , I thought , 'Well I guess got in the wrong tram ." Then I heard blow , people began to scream and panic set in . My good fortune as I stood on the stairs because I think it would crush me , "said a student of Electrical Engineering, who was lightly injured , while her friend , unfortunately , suffered serious injuries .
  • theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

I for one appreciate being kept informed about this type of stuff. Where else am I going to find out about news from Bosnia on my own? Thank you, OP. Is everything back up and running or will there be an interruption to service?

• acmilano likes this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by Max., 03 November 2013 - 02:13 AM.

I for one appreciate being kept informed about this type of stuff. Where else am I going to find out about news from Bosnia on my own? Thank you, OP. Is everything back up and running or will there be an interruption to service?

Of course there will be an interruption to service. They have to investigate the incident and then physically move several hundred tons of crippled tram from the tracks.

Zotak
  • Zotak

Tom Hardy looks like me, or is it the other way?

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

Are bosnia and herzegovina different countries?

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

I went through there and the place is cleaned up. It continues normal Traffic.

Bosnia and Herzegovina is one country with two areas, like Trinidad and Tobago.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm definitely glad it is cleaned up because i'd imagine with a service interruption, the students at the Technical School would be impacted. I'm sure most of them do not have cars and rely on this system to get there and study.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

The guy is most likely from B&H, so it probably hit home for him. I'd post the same thing if it happened in my neighborhood.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

The funny thing is, both drivers were women. I was there when they were separating them. More of a dumb rather than a tragic accident, though, lol.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Bosnia and Herzegovina is one country with two areas, like Trinidad and Tobago.

Or like England and Scotland. We also have Wales. Does your country have a third irrelevant area too?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Montenegro is there but that is its own thing, right?

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Montenegro is another country. My family Vukotic's are from there originaly.

Split on Herzegovina and on Bosnia is more historical now. More important is new split after the war from 1992-1995 on Republic of Srpska where live most of the Serbs and Federation where live most of the Croats and Bosniacs, with tendencies of another split between Croats and Bosniacs.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

When Yugoslavia broke up did many people leave their region to go to one of the new countries that reflected their ethnic background or did people just mostly stay where they were?

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:48 AM Edited by AB0333, 04 November 2013 - 11:11 AM.

More important is new split after the war from 1992-1995 on Republic of Srpska where live most of the Serbs and Federation where live most of the Croats and Bosniacs, with tendencies of another split between Croats and Bosniacs.

During 1992-1995, countries around us, Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro committed a genocide on Bosnia and Herzegovina, in order to completely erase Bosniaks off Balkan. These tendencies, however, weren't born only 20 years ago, they existed since the Ottoman Empire left these parts. For centuries, Bosniaks were people of Bosnia (which was first mentioned in 10th century by Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos), no matter what their religion is. However, in 1878 Austria-Hungary came and started splitting people of Bosnia, on religious basis. So, Bosniaks became exclusively Muslims, Catholics became Croats, and Orthodox became Serbs. And actually, Bosnian Catholics and Orthodox Christians are not Serbs or Croats, because their roots are from Bosnia. But well... there's no coming back.

Those separations are dumb. Bosniaks are all people from Bosnia, or anyone who considers him as a Bosniak, no matter what their religion is. Even in Switzerland not all people are the same religion, but that doesn't change their national identity, for God's sake.

Back to genocide;

People will often refer to it as a civil war, but it was something way beyond that. SFRJ army broke into Bosnia and started killing innocent people, destroying religious objects and objects of cultural value. No human rights were respected. There is simply no words for horrors that occurred only ~20 years ago. It's the greatest disaster after the World War II.

The country is now split into two parts : Federation and Republic of Srpska (which is a result of a genocide), as acmilano said, however, if you ask me, those do not exist. Bosnia and Herzegovina is an independent, inseparable state. However, Serbs in both Serbia and Republic of Srpska are so shameless and arrogant that they claim Bosnia doesn't exist at all. They insult war victims, and desecrate everything that is holy. They really are mentally rotten people, they disgust me. Even now, sometimes, I get messages on different sites, eg. YouTube, where some retarded 11 year old Serbian monkey insults and threatens me, and claims that we Bosniaks do not exist as a nation, and that we are all Serbs. He also said something like, "you are Islamicized Serb, you better convert to Orthodox Christianity and claim Serbia as your homeland, you'll end up dead, with your throat cut in some river anyway."

Here you can see what I'm talking about. And that's not only one person - the whole nation acts like that. They're so narcissistic and self-obsessed, and the fact is, most of the things they claim as facts are based on lies. Two most important lies they base their tendencies on are:

1. Bosniaks do not exist.

Uh-huh, the Bosnia, along with Bosniaks were first mentioned back in 10th century, in Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos's "De Administrando Imperio" which was made between 949-955, as I said before.

2. Bosnian language does not exist.

Actually, the fact is, Serbian language was made of Bosnian. Vuk Karadžić, someone who they're really proud of, took Bosnian dictionary, re-wrote it, changed it a little, and there it is. Same thing happened with Croatian language, but I assure you, they will rather die than admit it. 

Oh, and that another split, between Croats and Bosniaks, is not going to happen.

If someone considers him as a Croat, well, the Croatia is west from here, so buyrum. Same for Serbs - Serbia is on the east. Bosnia is for Bosniaks, no matter what religion they are.

I accept EVERY religion, but there's no room for a state in a state in another state. We have enough problems with this Republic of Srpska, and that has to be torn down as soon as possible.

The state is now critical, corrupt politicians, dumb system, and there's always a pressure from all sides. Basically, Bosniaks are now trapped in between. Bosnia is now amongst 20 poorest countries on the world. About 50% of people are unemployed. Still, you may see lots of BMW X6s, few Audi R8, big ass houses. Thing is, all wealth is concentrated and unevenly distributed.

EDIT: @theadmiral

"When Yugoslavia broke up did many people leave their region to go to one of the new countries that reflected their ethnic background or did people just mostly stay where they were?"

They mostly stayed where they were. Yugoslavia was a state, which intended to unify people on Balkan. In 1990s, countries started separating from Y , and the borderlands stayed the same way they were before those countries joined Yugoslavia. Serbia attacked those countries which seceded themselves.Only Macedonia had luck to do it peacefully. Serbs attacked Slovenians, but they somehow, cut them off quickly. Then came Croatia, which also sustained losses, but Bosnia paid the highest price.

Well, it was a good thing, but it was based on evil intentions. It was some shape of the 'Great Serbia' and 'Great Croatia' thing, it's something that was born long ago, and Yugoslavia was, indirectly, a way to realize it.

You know, Yugoslavia was good thing for ones, and bad for others. The system was way better and more organized than it is now in countries it consisted of. People had jobs, worked in large firms which gave them flats. But, at the same time, many things were unorganized. Example, Bosniaks were completely neglected as a nation, along with Bosnian language, too. You could determine yourself only as a Serb, a Croat, or Others. Much later, Bosniaks reverted their national identity and language.

Didn't work out well. You cannot connect sky and land, that's it.

• theadmiral likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Unfortunatly,not all people stay at their home,becouse lot of the people were forced to live. My colegue from school was talking to us how in 1995 Serb army in city of Zepa separate adult man and later killed them and put women and children on trucks and buses and send them towards Sarajevo. Lots of Bosniaks from easter and northwest Bosnia couldn't return becouse Serbs wouldn't allowed and becouse life in those areas become unsustainable for normal life. Its similar situation in western Mostar and western Herzegovina where Croatian army took over and forced Bosniaks out of their homes.  

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Genocide is bad mkay.

• universetwisters likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

More important is new split after the war from 1992-1995 on Republic of Srpska where live most of the Serbs and Federation where live most of the Croats and Bosniacs, with tendencies of another split between Croats and Bosniacs.

During 1992-1995, countries around us, Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro committed a genocide on Bosnia and Herzegovina, in order to completely erase Bosniaks off Balkan. These tendencies, however, weren't born only 20 years ago, they existed since the Ottoman Empire left these parts. For centuries, Bosniaks were people of Bosnia (which was first mentioned in 10th century by Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos), no matter what their religion is. However, in 1878 Austria-Hungary came and started splitting people of Bosnia, on religious basis. So, Bosniaks became exclusively Muslims, Catholics became Croats, and Orthodox became Serbs. And actually, Bosnian Catholics and Orthodox Christians are not Serbs or Croats, because their roots are from Bosnia. But well... there's no coming back.

Those separations are dumb. Bosniaks are all people from Bosnia, or anyone who considers him as a Bosniak, no matter what their religion is. Even in Switzerland not all people are the same religion, but that doesn't change their national identity, for God's sake.

Back to genocide;

People will often refer to it as a civil war, but it was something way beyond that. SFRJ army broke into Bosnia and started killing innocent people, destroying religious objects and objects of cultural value. No human rights were respected. There is simply no words for horrors that occurred only ~20 years ago. It's the greatest disaster after the World War II.

The country is now split into two parts : Federation and Republic of Srpska (which is a result of a genocide), as acmilano said, however, if you ask me, those do not exist. Bosnia and Herzegovina is an independent, inseparable state. However, Serbs in both Serbia and Republic of Srpska are so shameless and arrogant that they claim Bosnia doesn't exist at all. They insult war victims, and desecrate everything that is holy. They really are mentally rotten people, they disgust me. Even now, sometimes, I get messages on different sites, eg. YouTube, where some retarded 11 year old Serbian monkey insults and threatens me, and claims that we Bosniaks do not exist as a nation, and that we are all Serbs. He also said something like, "you are Islamicized Serb, you better convert to Orthodox Christianity and claim Serbia as your homeland, you'll end up dead, with your throat cut in some river anyway."

Here you can see what I'm talking about. And that's not only one person - the whole nation acts like that. They're so narcissistic and self-obsessed, and the fact is, most of the things they claim as facts are based on lies. Two most important lies they base their tendencies on are:

1. Bosniaks do not exist.

Uh-huh, the Bosnia, along with Bosniaks were first mentioned back in 10th century, in Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos's "De Administrando Imperio" which was made between 949-955, as I said before.

2. Bosnian language does not exist.

Actually, the fact is, Serbian language was made of Bosnian. Vuk Karadžić, someone who they're really proud of, took Bosnian dictionary, re-wrote it, changed it a little, and there it is. Same thing happened with Croatian language, but I assure you, they will rather die than admit it. 

Oh, and that another split, between Croats and Bosniaks, is not going to happen.

If someone considers him as a Croat, well, the Croatia is west from here, so buyrum. Same for Serbs - Serbia is on the east. Bosnia is for Bosniaks, no matter what religion they are.

I accept EVERY religion, but there's no room for a state in a state in another state. We have enough problems with this Republic of Srpska, and that has to be torn down as soon as possible.

The state is now critical, corrupt politicians, dumb system, and there's always a pressure from all sides. Basically, Bosniaks are now trapped in between. Bosnia is now amongst 20 poorest countries on the world. About 50% of people are unemployed. Still, you may see lots of BMW X6s, few Audi R8, big ass houses. Thing is, all wealth is concentrated and unevenly distributed.

EDIT: @theadmiral

"When Yugoslavia broke up did many people leave their region to go to one of the new countries that reflected their ethnic background or did people just mostly stay where they were?"

They mostly stayed where they were. Yugoslavia was a state, which intended to unify people on Balkan. In 1990s, countries started separating from Y , and the borderlands stayed the same way they were before those countries joined Yugoslavia. Serbia attacked those countries which seceded themselves.Only Macedonia had luck to do it peacefully. Serbs attacked Slovenians, but they somehow, cut them off quickly. Then came Croatia, which also sustained losses, but Bosnia paid the highest price.

Well, it was a good thing, but it was based on evil intentions. It was some shape of the 'Great Serbia' and 'Great Croatia' thing, it's something that was born long ago, and Yugoslavia was, indirectly, a way to realize it.

You know, Yugoslavia was good thing for ones, and bad for others. The system was way better and more organized than it is now in countries it consisted of. People had jobs, worked in large firms which gave them flats. But, at the same time, many things were unorganized. Example, Bosniaks were completely neglected as a nation, along with Bosnian language, too. You could determine yourself only as a Serb, a Croat, or Others. Much later, Bosniaks reverted their national identity and language.

Didn't work out well. You cannot connect sky and land, that's it.

Wow thanks for such a detailed post! I'm sure there are still some tensions, but do these different groups for the most part get along now?

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Its peace now but if you scratch under the surface there is lot of anger still presence. But most people doesn't want war,just normal life and food on the table.War only gave us death and destruction  and nothing else.My dad and grandmother died and lot of people from my building,so no, common people certainly doesn't want more deaths.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm glad that no one has died but is this really news worthy? Heck thousands are being killed in Pakistan by terrorists everyday, now tell me is that more worthy of a topic than a tram crash when the people only sustained minor injuries?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm glad that no one has died but is this really news worthy? Heck thousands are being killed in Pakistan by terrorists everyday, now tell me is that more worthy of a topic than a tram crash when the people only sustained minor injuries?

I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you made a post about things going on in Pakistan. I just don't understand why it bothers people so much to see this thread when, like anything else on the forum, you can just avoid it if it does not interest you.

The more world news the better, in my opinion, even if some of you consider it trivial.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users