Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:06 PM
Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 04 November 2013 - 06:12 PM.
For those wondering how some of these... people have achieved such high KD/Rs, I check for high ratios in free mode all the time, then monitor what these people do.
While there are some with very high kdrs who are actually legit about how (extremely few) they get this number, the VAST majority are absolute cowardly bums about it. They do some or all of the following:
1. Get a Buzzard and go to the top of a tower and snipe people. If it seems that someone is about to kill them, or if someone kills them, or comes after them on the roof, they usually go to a new session.
2. They troll people with tanks. When the tank blows up or they get sniped out of it, they usually leave.
3. They repeatedly spawn-kill low level players. If someone competitive joins or stops their streak, they join a new session.
4. Whenever they are in trouble, they quick join a mission or race, then reappear shortly after, once most people have thought they were gone.
5. They camp extremely long amounts of time and make people come to them. Once someone appears to gain the upper hand... or usually before, they leave the session.
In short, players with very high KDRs are almost always cowardly session jumpers who cringe at the thought of being killed or facing anyone challenging. I know this because every one of them I face in free mode, even if they go positive on me, will leave the session if they do not maintain greater than a 2.0 KDR... which is always. If you go after these people... they run.
I would say up to 2-2.5, you are likely dealing with someone very good, or who is on the way up using cheap tactics. When you get above that, and definitely when you move past 3.0, you can almost rest assured that they are session jumping cowards who are not nearly as good as their KDRs suggest.
KDR, like many other things in online, is one of the things that has become tainted and not as meaningful as it should be, such as rank (farming/spamming), money (glitching).
Basically, rank, money, and KDR have all been ruined by cowardly degenerate bums who lack real skill and courage, and refuse to put in real work. They pick the easiest, quickest way to up the number people read and disregard everything else.