Are you kidding me with this accuracy?

81 replies to this topic
KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Go in free mode into the army base in free aim and then you will see how op the shooting for ai is.

want me to take you with me and show you how it's done without even getting close to death?

yeah if your on ps3. I know its easy if you jump your car into the army base or fly in but im talking about walking into the base trying to get to a jet. GFL

sure, when? i'm online next time monday 7am gmt

BA-BANGG.
  • BA-BANGG.

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

Go in free mode into the army base in free aim and then you will see how op the shooting for ai is.

want me to take you with me and show you how it's done without even getting close to death?

yeah if your on ps3. I know its easy if you jump your car into the army base or fly in but im talking about walking into the base trying to get to a jet. GFL

you're*

*Yeah if you(')re on ps3. I know it(')s easy if you jump your car into the army base or fly in(,) but I(')m talking about walking into the base (and) trying to get a jet. GFL.  Ain(')t nobody got time for that sh*t.

Zaltastic
  • Zaltastic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'm level 137 and have quit he newest installment till a solution to this is reached. Either pure free aim lobbys or they fix the AI. I hope one of them comes soon

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I think they should just increase the amount of health that the players have and the amount of damage that the armor can take instead of reducing AI accuracy.

Yet another problem...literally no difference between the lightest armor and the "super heavy", AI chews right through any of them.

BA-BANGG.
  • BA-BANGG.

Square Civilian

• Members

sure, when? i'm online next time monday 7am gmt

well ill be online everyday usually after work 5:30 ish PST add me on ps3 PSN - BA_BANGG and we can probably be on at the same time some point in the day

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

you're*

*Yeah if you(')re on ps3. I know it(')s easy if you jump your car into the army base or fly in(,) but I(')m talking about walking into the base (and) trying to get a jet. GFL.  Ain(')t nobody got time for that sh*t.

Now doesn't that feel better?

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Awww.. and I was expect the military base to be a walk in the park.    I iz so dispointed...lol

No but thats pretty much how the aiming is for all the npcs in the game with an assault rifle. It should be based around skill of npc like gang members suck at shooting then police a bit better then army as the best. But it seems like its more based around the weapons and random bullsh*t headshots.

From what I've seen.. One Good players is more OP then a whole group of AI.

And a group of good players will totally wipe the floor with HUGE group of AI in seconds.

Ya, sure the AI can be a pain.  But if they make it any easier this game would be simple.

You're right on this one. But thing is, the game can't base it's balance solely on good players and good, coordinated teamwork, because many people may not have time to become skilled enough to be considered really good, and the rest don't have access to good teams. You can count me in the latter category, because none of my friends have a ps3 and I don't have a crew to roll with, so access to good teamwork is hard. I usually attempt jobs with whoever is in the lobby, so it could go either way. Sometimes I get matched with good people. Sometimes I get matched with clueless morons. But it's extremely rare to get an entire team of 4 good players for a job, even less so to get people who use voice communication. 

Which means that I'm faced with dilemmas in most jobs. Take the boat in the bay, for example. I did that with randoms and we cleared the beach. The boat is up for grabs. What should I do? I don't trust anyone else to drive the boat, because when I did, I took down the chopper, but the boat driver managed to run it aground. The other time I drove the boat myself, trusting the other players to shoot the chopper and watch my back. They died and then I died. 

I suppose that's my own fault though. I should put the effort in and find a decent crew, so I have a steady amount of people to do missions with. But as I said before, the game can't be balanced on an assumption that every player has access to good teammates, because that's never the case. Think about another game with emphasis on coop. Left 4 Dead for example. What horror of a game would it be if it required you to have an team of 4 good players to pass levels? 

Anyway, I'm sure you're right that this game would be far more enjoyable with a good team. I just wish I had ended up in one at least once.

BA-BANGG.
  • BA-BANGG.

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Awww.. and I was expect the military base to be a walk in the park.    I iz so dispointed...lol

No but thats pretty much how the aiming is for all the npcs in the game with an assault rifle. It should be based around skill of npc like gang members suck at shooting then police a bit better then army as the best. But it seems like its more based around the weapons and random bullsh*t headshots.

From what I've seen.. One Good players is more OP then a whole group of AI.

And a group of good players will totally wipe the floor with HUGE group of AI in seconds.

Ya, sure the AI can be a pain.  But if they make it any easier this game would be simple.

You're right on this one. But thing is, the game can't base it's balance solely on good players and good, coordinated teamwork, because many people may not have time to become skilled enough to be considered really good, and the rest don't have access to good teams. You can count me in the latter category, because none of my friends have a ps3 and I don't have a crew to roll with, so access to good teamwork is hard. I usually attempt jobs with whoever is in the lobby, so it could go either way. Sometimes I get matched with good people. Sometimes I get matched with clueless morons. But it's extremely rare to get an entire team of 4 good players for a job, even less so to get people who use voice communication. 

Which means that I'm faced with dilemmas in most jobs. Take the boat in the bay, for example. I did that with randoms and we cleared the beach. The boat is up for grabs. What should I do? I don't trust anyone else to drive the boat, because when I did, I took down the chopper, but the boat driver managed to run it aground. The other time I drove the boat myself, trusting the other players to shoot the chopper and watch my back. They died and then I died. 

I suppose that's my own fault though. I should put the effort in and find a decent crew, so I have a steady amount of people to do missions with. But as I said before, the game can't be balanced on an assumption that every player has access to good teammates, because that's never the case. Think about another game with emphasis on coop. Left 4 Dead for example. What horror of a game would it be if it required you to have an team of 4 good players to pass levels? 

Anyway, I'm sure you're right that this game would be far more enjoyable with a good team. I just wish I had ended up in one at least once.

Add me on ps3 ill play with you im in quite a few crews including my own and usuallly the full ones of 300 people are not the best ive found. Go for crews that play on your console that are in your timezone and regularly active. The newer crews are better just because they are being made specifically for gta and the older crews were made for MP3

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

Its all about the predictability aspect. If I know I'm out of range of autoaim and I get mercd by an ai enemy knowing full well I'm out of range I get heated. Its just not consistent. They also will ALWAYS know where you are. There's no hiding which is crap. I walk down a ramp and my hair is visible and they get headshots from 30m

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Its called pull the damn trigger on your gun and suppress. You will be amazed how small of a threat those choppers provide when you have 4 automatic guns rattling the chopper with bullets. If you let them just hover around you, yes they will pick you off.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

This is my first time posting on this forum, but I agree with the OP. The AI is way too overpowered with their accuracy. It's fairly ridiculous how far they are able to shoot you and how they still get up from the ground after a person empties their entire mag in their chests. To the guy who asked, "Would you rather have GTA IV's AI?" My answer is, no. I don't want AI that attacks in a pattern. What I do want is smart AI that responds to their level of aiming.

I would understand that you can get gunned down by the Military at Zancudo, or Merryweather. But it hardly makes any sense how low-level gang bangers have more training with handguns that the LSPD. One more thing: I HATE when you're trying to leave an area, and the AI spawns in front of you in trucks or cars and they purposefully block the road and gun you down with 99.9% accuracy. Rockstar, code your game's AI correctly! 

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

My favorite moment was Base Invaders. Free aim.

Behind cover. See marine moving in to flank. As he enters LOS I press the aim trigger. Before the game registers the input and the animation starts, he pops off roughly like 4 or 5 MG shots. It was a straight line at my chest. No variation, no spread, laser pointer at my body and I died instantly.

Runner up goes to every AI helicopter gunner that is able to snipe my tires no matter how either of us are maneuvering.

Its bad in single player but somehow its just abysmal in Online, the AI has no balancing or whatever, its just all aimbots that regularly cheat the rules in front of your face. Absurd.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:41 PM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 01 November 2013 - 09:42 PM.

Lol idiots that stay in the open always die no matter how stoopid the ai is. Duh duh duh

C
O
V
E
R

There is not one moment I'm on a mission that im not either rolling, rolling to cover, switch from cover to cover. ONLY time I move in the open is when I'm DAMN sure I got good cover fire from teammates, or it's fkin absolutely clear of enemies.

Stop trying to race through all the mission when there is no timer....

Add me on ps3 if you guys need some help.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by Tantrix, 01 November 2013 - 09:46 PM.

Its all about the predictability aspect. If I know I'm out of range of autoaim and I get mercd by an ai enemy knowing full well I'm out of range I get heated. Its just not consistent. They also will ALWAYS know where you are. There's no hiding which is crap. I walk down a ramp and my hair is visible and they get headshots from 30m

Definitely something they need to tweak...as you said, if they see 1 hair sticking up they will whoop your ass which is kind of ridiculous.  It also makes free roam a pain because when you're already having to worry about rival crews and/or other players, all of a sudden you have to spend 5 minutes hiding out in a subway tunnel or driving 5 miles up a mountain to lose your wanted level.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

lol they show you the shot that worked not the 40 or 50 that didnt the reason people are jumping from those boats even before there engines are shot out is there being riddled with machine gun fire to take out said engines spray and pray is very effective with multiple machine guns

the last i checked the police dont have navy seal and marine snipers in there heli copters

Yes they do. SWAT snipers get more action than many military ones, and I'd be surprised to see s SWAT sniper who didn't get their training in the military. Best quote I've ever heard about them is 'these guys can hollow a dime at 200 yards".

All that aside, I'm in total agreement that the AI accuracy and range is a bit much. I've tried scoped shooting, and while I have no delusions of any actual skill on my part, my own breathing was a massive factor in whether or not I hit anything - I would hit nothing if I was even standing - if I was actually moving I imagine I wouldn't even be able to put the scope on the target. Again, I'm untrained, and it's safe to assume that professional shooters transcend my 'skill' on a cosmic level, but still - that's some pretty goddamn impressive shooting from LSPD. 

And to roll on to a third para, there's something to be said for dry gulching - it's really the key to getting away in GTA 5 - we're just not meant to do the old 'run away as fast as you can in a straight line' any more - that will get you killed now, sooner or later. The new way is Evade and/or Ambush - run to a good spot (Michael's Social Club Garage is absolutely brilliant - centrally located, one way in, has cover, right near an LSC), take cover behind your car and waste them as they approach - works on everybody - even players (can't believe actual humans with functional eyes and brains just walk into it, but they do). Then you get back into your car and enjoy a firefight-free drive to your objective. 

Oh, and that mission where you steal the RV? Meth'd Up, I think? Yeah, just start the mission standing right next to where the RV spawns, waste the two dudes in front of it, jump in and bail and DO NOT TAKE ROADS - just go overland - you might get one or two bikes come after you, but you can take them out easily enough - then just stay off the roads and you're home free.

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

i agree. and the fact that you die in 2-3 shots with full armor and health. yesterday i was playing a deathmatch with me and one other guy and  i was in cover on the side of a house and some guy somehow shot through the edge of  the house and killed me.

cox325
  • cox325

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

aim bots? or am I being cynical?

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Proud member of the SA Pfister Owners Club™

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

When it comes to the AI itself, it is definitely improvement over IV. Enemies don't just take cover and stay there firing at you until you eventually kill them, they actually go out when you're distracted with other enemies and often flank you and catch you unprotected. I don't mind the AI accuracy in normal gunfights: Not just it makes them much more dangerous but also, taking in account the "half regenerate health", it seems more than fair to me that their accuracy and damage should be upgraded.

I won't deny though, that same mission really pissed me off. It's not just for the gunners ridiculous accuracy and power, passengers in the boat also can't aim up much for some reason, like if there was a ceiling over them. Going out of the boat, taking cover behind rocks in the beach and shooting down the helicopter is my best tactic to finish that mission solo.

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

When it comes to the AI itself, it is definitely improvement over IV. Enemies don't just take cover and stay there firing at you until you eventually kill them, they actually go out when you're distracted with other enemies and often flank you and catch you unprotected. I don't mind the AI accuracy in normal gunfights: Not just it makes them much more dangerous but also, taking in account the "half regenerate health", it seems more than fair to me that their accuracy and damage should be upgraded.

I won't deny though, that same mission really pissed me off. It's not just for the gunners ridiculous accuracy and power, passengers in the boat also can't aim up much for some reason, like if there was a ceiling over them. Going out of the boat, taking cover behind rocks in the beach and shooting down the helicopter is my best tactic to finish that mission solo.

I'm fine with how their AI behaves, but their damage, accuracy, and range is all way off. combined with garbage spawns, many missions turn into "kill all enemies, leave cover, 3 spawn in a blind spot and pop off multiple hits each before you can react"

Armor is a waste of money because super heavy is gone in three hits, and that's literally the opening salvo

The AI hits with blind fire almost as much as it does standing and aiming

And if there is some absurd angle for you to be hit at, it WILL fire a shot at that angle and do insane damage before you can react. It makes you stay away from the edges of cover because it doesn't fully shield your body.

There's also poor level design in some areas I.e. base invaders: they can shoot through the hangar doors at you. Go test it if you dont believe, the three indoors will literally shoot you through walls.

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Yeah, armor is basically useless. I much preferred GTA IV armor, which, if I remember correctly, didn't guard you against enviromental damage like falls, but it could at least take a few bullets. Military grade weapons could still smoke it, but that's what they're there for. A simple ballistic vest, as used in GTA IV, doesn't protect you against assault rifles, but it does hold up well against handguns, and it did in the game. In GTA V it matters little what weapon you're getting shot with, it smokes the armor in a few hits. Sometimes even one. I often find myself thinking "eh, money well spent" when a single stray round takes away my entire heavy armor. Which is advertised as offering reliable protection against rifle rounds. Hah!

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

I think they should make the AI accuracy like in MP3 normal difficulty, its more balanced. Kinda disappointed with V AI since its a step down from MP3

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

54887d1345510728-chat-motorola-af4bd_ori
if you use auto aim, it's only fair that AI is using too

I will gladly go over to free aim lobbies if Rockstar ever reduces the enemy accuracy to a believable level. I already spend half my time free aiming seeing how I snipe often. But as of now, I'm not putting myself at an even bigger disadvantage while fighting this frustrating AI.

...That's pretty sad.  But I guess the saying is "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"...lulz

Its not as bad as you make or others it out to be.  I've yet to play any mission that I could not pass when playing with competent players and im lvl 90.  Even alone, it just takes a lot longer.

A little teamwork goes a long way..  Or simply great, cover, shooting, flanking, focus fire and driving all work great.

The AI are not as good as the players.  The players still have the advantage in most situations of they use their brains.

Frustrating AI = Challenge.    With out fear of death and failure the game will be a LOL face roll, which I think most people want.  Why else use auto aim or complain about the AI?

As I said, the only reason I use the auto aim is BECAUSE the AI is so ridiculous. Frustrating AI is a challenge, but a bad sort of challenge. There's a fine difference between putting some effort in and making a challenging difficulty that is hard, but enjoyable, and using cheap mechanics to enforce it. And you, like some others, seem to believe that I want to have it easy. Like the only two possibilities for a game is to have a nonexistent challenge, which you can breeze through, and the aforementioned frustrating one. Is your thought process limited to just that? How about instead settling for a sweet spot where it's both challenging and fun? Other games can pull it off, why not GTA?

If you enjoy the game as it is- good for you, to each his own. But don't go around making claims on why other people dislike it, because whadya know, they might just have legit reasons for that.

Whos making claims?

Theres 2 kinds of players. 

Players like you.. Which when put into a situation where anything becomes a challenge will resort to the easiest way of doing things.  Or just quit and complain

And then players like me.  To stubborn to do things the easy way and keep playing for the challenge until they master it.  We simply don't give a f*ck and make it happen.

Your legit reason for going back to auto aim because of the AI is an excuse not a reason.

If it was so bad then Free AIm would be impossible.  But that's not the case.  So have fun with the chicken exit.

Bawk Bawk...  :D

What seems sad for me is that you seem incapable of thinking up more than two categories for anything so far. That aren't also extremities. And you are once again making assumptions, by basically putting me into your first category and assuming that I'd do this for any sort of challenge. Very well, I see that it's pointless to argue with you, seeing how you're hardly taking in anything that I'm saying, you're just reading and comprehending what you want to. 

You are right about something though. It does seem like you fit right into the stubborn and "not giving a f*ck" category, and not just where video games are concerned.

Whos arguing?  Your problem is you seem to think im debating this or arguing..  Im telling it how it is.

You have two options pal.

Either Nut up and shut up OR go back to easy mode.  You are currently chosing easy mode right?

What im trying to do is piss you off enough to NUT the f*ck up...  If that's not working, o well.

Like I said, theres tons of players in Free Aim mode doing jobs very easily.   Mainly because, they didn't go back to auto aim after the sh*t got ruff. 

I remember a few of the 1st mission I did where I got owned and thought the AI was OP.  Now when I do those same jobs I find them easy and the AI fun to deal with.

Things change if you are to stubborn to give up.  Just sayin..
I wholeheartedly agree. Plus, I seriously find free aim easier, with the minimap and the ability to aim directy at a head it seems easier with free aim. When I died with auto aim on generally it was because I couldn't aim at that AI that was the biggest threat or that even if was looking right at their face when I pushed the auto aim button the crosshair would go to the AI's center, not where I was pointing.

Trick to taking down a helo is to hit the pilot. As someone else said, firing is easier when you go slow.

Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users