Photo

Do differnt heist methods have differnt missions

9 replies to this topic
jweaver
  • jweaver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

I have just planned the last heist and it occured to me that depending on which option you choose would give you different missions.

Does this mean that depending on what version of the heists you choose, you will end up with missions you cant play?

If so, is there any way to go back and play them?

Jon

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

I've restarted the game and going to pick the choices I didn't take first time.
I left the ones that really fit first time around so my second playthrough will be my preferred one that I will 100%.

As far as I know or would guess, it saves the missions you did first time so you can only play those.
Someone else might have a more informed answer. Otherwise just try replaying the missions yourself.
Go to "game" in pause menu where you'd load a game and you see the replay mission option.

jweaver
  • jweaver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

I've restarted the game and going to pick the choices I didn't take first time.
I left the ones that really fit first time around so my second playthrough will be my preferred one that I will 100%.

As far as I know or would guess, it saves the missions you did first time so you can only play those.
Someone else might have a more informed answer. Otherwise just try replaying the missions yourself.
Go to "game" in pause menu where you'd load a game and you see the replay mission option.

I undersand that you can go back to play missions.. But my assumption was that once you have made your choice, the extra missions wouldn't be listed.

I wonder if you can go back to the "planning missions" (which are actually missions) And then perhaps if you change your choice, you will get other missions?

I will try once I have finished the last heist.

Jon

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:52 AM Edited by Argon, 01 November 2013 - 10:52 AM.

I have just planned the last heist and it occured to me that depending on which option you choose would give you different missions.

Does this mean that depending on what version of the heists you choose, you will end up with missions you cant play?

If so, is there any way to go back and play them?

Jon

It has only just occured to you that when the games asks you which approach to you want to take, it's going to generate a different mission?

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

i dont understand what extra missions youre talking about...

for example the jewelry mission the only thing that would change between "smooth or loud" is the planning steps you would take.

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

i dont understand what extra missions youre talking about...
for example the jewelry mission the only thing that would change between "smooth or loud" is the planning steps you would take.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the main story mission are the same for everyone (well, ofcourse the conclusion can be different), it's just the prep-work for heist that is different for a different approach. Not dramatically, it's either fetch A or fetch B. For instance, I had no interaction with Fort Zancudo in my playthrough. Whether or not you can effect this through the playback feature, I don't think so. I've only used that feature once (To check a particular mysterious event in when hunting guys in the forest with your thermal scope), and I think when you replay a heist, you're immediately at the start of the heist, not with Lester preparing it. It seems that the game just loads up a checkpoint. So no, no changing the game choices unless you play again. Which is what I'm doing now: I've started a new game and I'm doing every single thing differently, just to see what else the game has to offer. 

jweaver
  • jweaver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

It has only just occured to you that when the games asks you which approach to you want to take, it's going to generate a different mission?

OK.. What I ment was that it only just occured to me to ask. The earlier missions are fairly similar in their approach, so my assumption was that the actual missions are the same...

But the final mission has 2 clear approaches (i.e

Spoiler
).. So the missions, building up to (And including) the actual heist must be different.

So I wonder if its possible to go back and play the other version of the heist and the build up to the mission.

Jon

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Nope, if you replay the heists you can choose the different approach, but it skips the planning missions (collect item/vehicle etc) and goes straight to the heist. The only way to get the other missions would be to start a new game or go back to an old save if you have one going back that far.

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

If you replay a heist you get to chose the approach and the crew but you cant do the setup missions. For that you need to play the game again from the beggining.

jweaver
  • jweaver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Nope, if you replay the heists you can choose the different approach, but it skips the planning missions (collect item/vehicle etc) and goes straight to the heist. The only way to get the other missions would be to start a new game or go back to an old save if you have one going back that far.

Cheers.. Thats fine.. The set-up missions are pointless anyway.. But it would be nice to try the other version of the heist.. Just to see how it pans out.

I will give it a go.. Cheers.

Jon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users