6 replies to this topic
CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Hello,

I was doing the submarina parts search last night, right after i finished the toxic waste one.

I managed to get the fist few parts, but when i need to get the one that's next to the sunken ship (Elephant or something, there's also the undercarrage of a plane next to it), i can't grab it.

I'm doing them with Micheal, and even when i'm very low to seafloor, even hitting it, it still won't let me grab this part.

It's frustrating as hell! I even ran my boat onto the bank and blew it up. The people in the nearby Fort Zacundo didn't love me for that :p

But anyway, anyone having the same problem?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

The collecting spaceship parts and letters seemed to have some "location spawning" issues (they were spawning under ground)-- these were usually resolved by leaving the area and returning-- you might get them to respawn by doing a character switch and straight back when next to it.

Can you see the part??

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Thank you for the tip. I'll try that :)

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Please post back if this or something else works to get it resolved.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

I had a similar problem myself, when in the spot where it's supposed to be it may be trapped under some coral which stops you from picking it up, try throwing a punch in that area (which is also handy for changing direction under water since movement is crap), sometimes that flailing arm is enough to grab the item.

jiffypark
  • jiffypark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Is the only way to get the tracker to use the red boat at the dock? I've accidentally ran it into a stray rock and had to go all the way back to get it and just now while in my scuba gear I floated up to the surface and ran briefly on another stranded rock which somehow reset my scuba gear (put me back in regular clothes) and now my boat is gone. I'm like 15 in so I'm really far from the dock, takes about 10 realtime minutes to get to where I need to be so it's really frustrating.

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

Is the only way to get the tracker to use the red boat at the dock? I've accidentally ran it into a stray rock and had to go all the way back to get it and just now while in my scuba gear I floated up to the surface and ran briefly on another stranded rock which somehow reset my scuba gear (put me back in regular clothes) and now my boat is gone. I'm like 15 in so I'm really far from the dock, takes about 10 realtime minutes to get to where I need to be so it's really frustrating.

I believe you can use any dinghy and it will trigger the boat marker and parts tracker, though I think the sonar rings will start going any time your near them no matter what vehicle, but obviously you have to enter a dinghy or the sub to get scuba gear.

By the way the only place that I know of where a dinghy spawns besides the Sonar Collections Dock are the docks on the very south side of Elysian Island. Though keep in mind you can always take a taxi and skip the ride.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users