Who is stronger than the military?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic
CaptainSwagDaddy
  • CaptainSwagDaddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

I know the military is very hard to beat at six stars, but is there anyone who is stronger than them? You can include mission characters or gangs.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:26 AM Edited by zmudziak32, 01 November 2013 - 10:27 AM.

On 2nd place after military, Mafia with shotguns. Army hold 1st place and no one in GTA III stand before them.

• ahmadjufri likes this

CaptainSwagDaddy
  • CaptainSwagDaddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

What about the colombian cartel in the missions? They have powerful weapons like m16, ak-47, molotov, grenades, flamethrower, and rocket launchers. The military only has m16s. Where do the colombian cartel place?

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Those criminals with rocket launchers that appear during the "Vigilante" mission.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

Definitely the FBI...

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

^ I can't see why you would think that.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

^ I can't see why you would think that.

These guys just drive around dummy, slow Rhinos and Barracks in groups of two.

The FBI drive the 5th fastest vehicle (FBI car) in groups of 4.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 04 November 2013 - 07:52 PM.

You mean stronger in a chase, otherwise they aren't that strong since they don't have weapons that are really dangerous.

Those criminals on "Vigilante" with the rocket launchers can kill you in an instant. I didn't even know they could shoot it until a few months ago. Does the army use M4s? I can't remember. Any enemy in this game that uses one is also quite dangerous.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Those criminals on "Vigilante" with the rocket launchers can kill you in an instant. I didn't even know they could shoot it until a few months ago. Does the army use M4s? I can't remember. Any enemy in this game that uses one is also quite dangerous.

They can't, can they? The only time I've seen pedestrians with rocket launchers is when I enter the "give everybody guns"-cheat, and then it's just a suicide device. Somehow the AI can't handle the fact that you have to manually aim it and they only blow up themselves, obviously taking out everything within a certain radius but not deliberately. They can't use the sniper rifle either, it just clicks whenever they try to.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Does the army use M4s? I can't remember. Any enemy in this game that uses one is also quite dangerous.

Yes, army uses the M16. And they do not miss. I know how it hurts when trying to get Rhino for Emergency Crane.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

They can't, can they? The only time I've seen pedestrians with rocket launchers is when I enter the "give everybody guns"-cheat, and then it's just a suicide device. Somehow the AI can't handle the fact that you have to manually aim it and they only blow up themselves, obviously taking out everything within a certain radius but not deliberately. They can't use the sniper rifle either, it just clicks whenever they try to.

I'm not entirely sure, I think I might have gotten blown up from a distance once or twice. They are dangerous from a close distance though, which is enough if you try to run them over.

Does the army use M4s? I can't remember. Any enemy in this game that uses one is also quite dangerous.

Yes, army uses the M16. And they do not miss. I know how it hurts when trying to get Rhino for Emergency Crane.

I keep getting the name wrong lol. The M4 is the one in Vice City. The fire rate is crazy on the M16. Isn't like one clip enough to kill you even at full health and armor (if the aiming is good)?

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

sucka fo love

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by Ermac., 04 November 2013 - 09:54 PM.

The pedestrians can fire the sniper rifle, it just doesn't happen often.

http://youtu.be/o4CJhWEHPP0?t=4m29s

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

Pedestrains can use sniper rifle, just like in VC's "Hit the Courier". They also can use rocket launcher, just not properly. :D

And yes, one clip can kill you with 100 armor and 125 health.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Kingdom Come bombers are stronger than military.

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

Just bought a load of manure!

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

Normal day in GTA III's Liberty? The FBI when they use their sheer numbers against you. That and their blitz style driving, still are my favourite in any GTA game. 

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

The Military aren't really that strong at all in my opinion, the Barracks OL and Rhino are slow vehicles and so getting to you tin the first place, before firing M16's is a challenge for them.

In terms of other wanted level forces, I believe that the FBI are stronger than the Military, the FBI Car is very fast and the AI makes the FBI extremely dangerous drivers smashing you and your vehicle off of the road easily. The Road Blocks they have are quite damaging as well depending on where they spawn.

In terms of anything else, the M16 wielding CIA agents on the Shoreside Lift Bridge during the mission 'Marked Man' are quite strong to defeat as there is many of them all in the same confined area making them a lot stronger than a single target - Without a BP vehicle, the bridge is impossible to cross leaving you to take the Tunnel Route.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

GTA 3 NPCs can only shoot the Sniper Rifle if you are aiming a Sniper Rifle yourself, perhaps other scoped weapons too. I found that out ages ago when I was playng GTA3 with the "all peds have weapons" and "peds fight each other" cheats.

Regarding the Rocket Launcher, the glitch where they blow themselves up seems to only be the case with the PC version. In the PS2 version they use them to full effect. I think the PC glitch might also be similar to the sniper rifle glitch (found on both platforms), and might be alleviated by aiming a rocket launcher yourself (assuming you want to get shot by the RocketLauncher-weilding NPC).

As for the strongest opponents to fight in the game, based on strength of an individual NPC, it would undoubtedly be the Army IMO. Not only are they by far the most accurate with their M16s, they are also programmed to have more durability (health and arnour) than any other NPC in GTA3 that I know off.

Spoiler

So, per individual NPC, the army is by far the strongest opponent in GTA 3 IMO.

In regards to organisations or situations, the Army isn't all that powerful, as many have noted before, due to their small numbers and vehicles. For law enforcement, I'd say the FBI at five stars is just as powerful, if not more so.

In terms of free-roam gangs, then the Leones after

Spoiler

In missions, it would go to the Colombian Cartel, who I believe is the most powerful gang shown in the entirety of the GTA franchise since GTA3 (Zaibatsu in GTA2, and Babylon in GTA1 might be equally or more powerful than the Colombian Cartel).

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

The player. With a health hack! The army is so damn hard! Mabye because i play on a PS2 with it's retarded Auto Aim.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

The player. With a health hack! The army is so damn hard! Mabye because i play on a PS2 with it's retarded Auto Aim.

There was no need for that 4 month bump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users