Quantcast

» «
Photo

The final verdict: Is GTA V hit or miss?

58 replies to this topic
Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

Now that GTA V has been out long enough for a majority to finish the story and at least have enough time with the game to gather a concrete opinion, what does everyone think? Does it live up to the enormous hype generating on this very board for 2 years? Was it worth following your money? Was it worth the wait?

For me, this game is very different to what I thought it would be like, in fact, the first time I played it I stopped after 2 hours and went to bed because I really had no idea how to feel about it at first, everything was so different and refined and re-constructed it kind of spun my head at first. But now that I've finished it, played it an unholy amount, I can say I love this game. No, it is not the best game I've ever played. No, it's not the ultimate open world experience and it certainly doesn't have a large portion of activities to participate in. But, this is the most beautifully styled and designed open world game I've seen. The graphics, while great (especially the lighting and water, always gets me) aren't what makes me stop on the highway to look at a river amongst the beautiful color of a rising sun, it's the sheer style, the way the world behaves, it has so much personality, a lot more so than what I've experienced with other games.

In a lot of ways, this is R*s ultimate, their epic, etc, and in other ways, it's the stepping stone for true advancement of open world games.

That's my two cents, what does everyone think of it? 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

I honestly feel indifferent. On one hand it's an absolute gem in a lot of aspects so I wouldn't call it a miss, but on the other it does a lot of things that are just bizarre and I feel like it doesn't reach its full potential to really be a hit in everything.

Strange feeling. I love the game, but it hasn't won me over as feeling like a "GTA" title just yet. I guess GTA IV didn't much either at first, but after a couple of playthroughs it feels like GTA through and through. I think it's just certain things like the switching, heavy focus on underwater exploration, checkpoints, health regeneration, mini map change etc and some other things I don't normally associate with GTA.

I hope in time I can look back on it like my two favourites GTA IV and VC with fond admiration.

• tom_p1980 and Ferocious Banger like this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

sh*t man already reviewd and discussed to death

shocking is to see respected mod here

any ways, it's best to discuss about the game rather review it now

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:54 AM Edited by spamtackey, 01 November 2013 - 07:01 AM.

It's impossible to really call it either for me. Like Sons of Liberty said, there are things that it does absolutely phenomenally, things that I can't see any other open world game even being able to compete against. Then there are a lot of things that just seem completely boneheaded and get in the way. 

IMO, GTA V is easily both the sloppiest main series GTA release and an infuriating experience at times, and a great and fun game and worth the purchase at the same time. Maybe time will change my opinion.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Put simply, at this time GTA V is not a hit.

I feel that multiple areas of the game are lacking such as the wanted system and the vehicle physics.

Cheers.

mrbozzedup
  • mrbozzedup

Tryna Get out this Bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Its a hit for me . I've never put so many hours in a game ever. My only complaint is lack of interiors. There's a lot of detail in a lot of areas just for decoration and sense of scale realism etc but when you can't enter a majority of it it kills the mood. But still in my opinion it's the best gta all around

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

I honestly feel indifferent. On one hand it's an absolute gem in a lot of aspects so I wouldn't call it a miss, but on the other it does a lot of things that are just bizarre and I feel like it doesn't reach its full potential to really be a hit in everything.

Strange feeling. I love the game, but it hasn't won me over as feeling like a "GTA" title just yet. I guess GTA IV didn't much either at first, but after a couple of playthroughs it feels like GTA through and through. I think it's just certain things like the switching, heavy focus on underwater exploration, checkpoints, health regeneration, mini map change etc and some other things I don't normally associate with GTA.

I hope in time I can look back on it like my two favourites GTA IV and VC with fond admiration.

Nostalgia can play a big role.

I never played: Gta VC, when i started to play it (2 months ago), i didn't like it at all.

Pedestrians look weird and etc, gta iv is a hit for me.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

It is without doubt a hit, however I have no idea why, but I've lost the urge to play it, but it's GTA V , the game I looked so much forward to and I'm already getting a bit bored of it? Guess it's just the fact that I'm older or something idk. Love the game tho. 

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

SP - Hit

Online - Eh

They need to fix online and then it will be a pure hit title. Anyone who disagrees is insane.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:23 AM Edited by NYdreamz, 01 November 2013 - 10:33 AM.

The game is great ... I had a blast playing storymode and looking at how big and beautiful the city looks ... but after I finished it ... its been collecting dust as I'm not into the online on V... I do plan on playing it again just because I miss playing it

only problem with the game is since this is a big world with 3 characters... I was expected a long story .... like 4s story ( I dont see why people complained it was long ) but it ended being really short and easy ... If it wasn't for me taking my time with the game I could of completed it in about 3 days ..

either way the games a hit ... The online is good 2... But I don't play it as I'm more a fan of gta IVs free mode

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

Real life stuff has kept me away from the game (and the forums for that matter), but I'm currently 57% complete and it's feeling like a true masterpiece to me.  I too felt really doubtful about it after the first couple of hours, but once I got going with the story I was hooked.  Personally i feel the multi-character dynamic is a stroke of pure genius.  That, and the attention to detail in this game is just phenomenal. 

I could bitch about the lack of interiors and so on, but given current gen limitations, I'm more than impressed with what they've pulled off.  Just goes to show this is still a series that can continue to grow and evolve for many years to come.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

With time mr mod, with time.. The game will grow on you + the release of pc version would blow up the game in everyone's minds.

Some people just get that feeling early, that's why there are many Gta fanboys right now.

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

miss

• hooma likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

To put it simply? No.

Why? Because I can speak for the most of us that we all overhyped the game WAAAAAAY too much. That results in being somewhat disappointing, no matter how perfect the game is or could have been.

Does that mean it's bad? No, of course not. I love it. I was expecting a bit more in certain aspects but overall they managed to hit the nail on the head. It's definitely a hit for me.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Single player- hit

MP -hit

Anyone that disagrees is a small, whiny, child.

See how that works Tec? lol tool

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

easily a hit... it was diffrent from previous GTA yet still has the feeling of it 

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Do the splits!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

I havent levelled up in a week. I don't know. Looking at people already having adders and entities by glitching cash spoiled it for me.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by tom_p1980, 01 November 2013 - 12:53 PM.

A miss, not just an ordinary miss, but a Diana Ross World Cup 94 football kick miss.

The game failed to live up to my fairly low expectations. It was an ok game but it had the potential to be great, sadly it didn't reach that level.

But like all franchises, the name is what sells the game. The GTA franchise is no different.

The game is a "financial" hit and thats all R* cares about.

• hooma likes this

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Is it my favorite GTA of all time. Probably not but is it an excellent game that will get better as they update and fix things especially with online. Oh yeah. Not going to cry and whine about the problems like everyone else does. The scope of this game is larger in pretty much every other game out there so of course there is going to be problems. 

I mean seriously the only other game worth mentioning in terms of attention to detail and sheer size compared to GTA5 is Skyrim. Which took them what 10 years to Develop? And has no online function at all. 

Making a game so large, detailed, and deep is a work of art. People will willingly shell out just as much (a small $60) to play games they will pretty much be done with in 10 hours. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people who don;t end up putting 30-50-100+++++ hours into GTA5. 

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

A miss, not just an ordinary miss, but a Diana Ross World Cup 94 football kick miss.

The game failed to live up to my fairly low expectations. It was an ok game but it had the potential to be great, sadly it didn't reach that level.

But like all franchises, the name is what sells the game. The GTA franchise is no different.

You are the minority....and it's far more than a "financial" hit. That comment is just asinine.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by tom_p1980, 01 November 2013 - 01:16 PM.

You are the minority....and it's far more than a "financial" hit. That comment is just asinine.

We'll agree to disagree after all the op was asking for our own opinions on the game. This will be the first GTA I will have ever traded in, and I never trade in a GTA game. But kudos to Rockstar for making so much money out of it.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Sure thing....minority

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Sure thing....minority

Whatever.  :^:

• Ola441 likes this

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

:karmaeater:

Poedersuiker
  • Poedersuiker

Funny Yokel

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Im with OP.

I had a blast playing through the story untill the whole FIB involvement. Rather would see missions for Madrazo and other gangsters. It still stays a amazing game with a beautifull detailed world. Yoga and other crap I didnt play because it didnt interest me. For that I would rather see some kind of heist planning off-mission, for even after the story. Little bit dissapointed with the few interiors. Ah well, still have hope for some fine Dlc.

9/10. :)

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Days since avatar changed: 10

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

It's a hit, but it's not a critical hit.

LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Nostalgia can play a big role.

I never played: Gta VC, when i started to play it (2 months ago), i didn't like it at all.

Pedestrians look weird and etc, gta iv is a hit for me.

Same

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

hit and miss, incredibly awesome single player campaign (the best ever for a GTA game) and a incredibly broken and depressing online experience.

• tom_p1980 likes this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Single player- hit
MP -hit

Anyone that disagrees is a small, whiny, child.

See how that works Tec? lol tool

Anyone who has a different opinion is a child?
Just do everyone a favour and shut the f*ck up!

Anyways. Gta v for me is a hit, story was amazing (a little short), decent amount of content, gorgeous world and brilliant multiplayer

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

It is a hit, but not as much as it could have been imo. There are some misses with the number of interiors and activity variety. Otherwise, I do enjoy the game alot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users