Photo

You're a Bad Sport, Get Over It.

34 replies to this topic
DadofGhost
  • DadofGhost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

I wish there was an option for a fun, worry free freemode. I mean is that too much to ask?

Define "...fun, worry free freemode".
Well smartass, I'm talking about a freemode where you can do anything without having to worry about healthcare bills, cops, bad sport, or spending money. Are there any more simple points from my post, that your mind can't seem to grasp, you'd like me to clear up? ;)
BTW: Maybe if you read my post clearly, you'd understand what I meant and wouldn't have had to ask such a stupid question. :colgate:

An internet tough guy.  pathetic.  I should have known better than to post a question to a child.

It seems to me that with a few minor exceptions the bad sport lobby was made for players with your mindset.  Enjoy your time there.  I suspect you'll see a lot of it.
:dontgetit: What? Honestly dude, shut the hell up. I've never been in Bad Sport and if you read my post you would have known that my problems with it aren't about me wanting to blow up people's cars. Why don't you do me a favor? Improve your reading comprehension and learn how not to make an ass out of yourself for perceiving my post the wrong way. Til then, just shut up. I'm not being an internet tough guy, I'm trying to knock some sense into you that what I has said was clear. I sensed a "smartass" attitude from you when you told me to define what I said. Nobody is being a kid here so don't even pull that card. Don't even try to play that sh*t on me.

@Tenxax, that did not bug me that much. I was good at getting my revenge.

I've read your posts and I've never said you were in BS.  Just that you seemed to be heading there.  The fact is I agree with most of your points.  It's your 'everyone's the enemy' style of expressing yourself that caused me to ask.  It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff in your posts.  If you sensed anything else your sensor is out of calibration.

I was discussing the BS lobby last night when I called my son to laugh at him for getting a 2 day sentence for blowing up a couple of his buddies with a buzzard.  By accident of course.  He's of pretty much the same mindset as you are.  He's played GTA for numerous versions and regularly plays first person shooters online.  We came up with a combination of ideas that we'd both seen suggested elsewhere that I believe would cure the bulk of the problems.  I have no idea how difficult it would be to code either.

The ideas pertain to free roam only.  Outside of any agreed to fights.

Players in vehicles are automatically in passive mode unless and until they break out the window to fire or ram another vehicle harder than a preset amount.  This would stop the idiots who want to randomly attack others in vehicles.

Anyone who gets "Wasted" by another player outside of an agreed to battle has to select either "Forgive" or "Condemn" before they spawn again.  That would give the game a way to evaluate the death to see if it counted against the assailant.  If someone gets condemned enough times they go to BS.

I don't really see a solution for your desire to run over things with a tank in free roam.  You may have to go to a friends only server for that pass time.  

FWIW, An internet tough guy is someone who expresses himself online in a manner that he would never have the balls to duplicate in real life outside of his schoolyard (out of earshot of his teachers) and among friends who knew he was full of crap.  You're free to be as big an asshole as you like.  The freedom of the internet and all that but I suspect you're able to get your points across without the constant belligerence.  Since as far as I know this forum isn't monitored by R* you're bitching to the choir anyway.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by Kifflom, 02 November 2013 - 01:23 PM.

OP is an obvious troll.

The problem with Bad Sport is that you don't always know that someone's in their personal car, and you don't always have a choice in whether to blow them the f*ck up. During a mission? Sure, maybe Bad Sport works as OP seems to think. But in Freeroam, when you're trying to fend off bounty hunters or just racking up some easy kills with your tank, there's no way to know if our target is "fair game", and it's totally unfair to penalize us for it.

It's also funny how OP seems to think that there's "a way the game is MEANT to be played", and that this way is, in his sad little mind, to hold hands, play nice, and sing Kumbaya. Excuse me, I thought I was playing GRAND THEFT AUTO. You know, the decades-old franchise that's ALWAYS been about mayhem and carnage?

But the best part is... I'm a dick. A HUUUUUGGGEEEE dick. And yet, I've never got a bad sport label! Why? Because I'm a sneaky dick; I only blow up a small quota of Freeroamers each day, and I run like a bitch whenever someone fights back. It's absolutely infuriating for other people, and I'll admit, I'm probably the worst sport you're likely to encounter, devious, cowardly, and cheap.

Yet, I'm not punished for my behavior, at all. Bad Sport punishes all these players who try and play the game like it was meant to be played - you know, standing and fighting fair, even when they've got a bounty on their heads - yet folks who sneak around, killing idle players, jumping sessions, and getting a rather impressive 20-1 kill ratio, we're "good sports".

• Tbones981 likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

I keep seeing these threads popping up about people whining about how they are deemed a bad sport blah blah blah.

Simple solution...

Don't blow up other people's personal cars and go around mindlessly killing people.

Actually, the other day i got chased randomly by some online player trying to kill me/blow up my car, for no reason. I retaliated because i had no choice, ended up blowing up his car, got named a Bad Sport.

I now fully understand why people are bitching. I'm usually 100% clean, i defended myself and am now a bad sport, bullsh*t.

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

What do i do when someone is chasing me down in a car? I'm trying to survive so I throw a sticky bomb out the window and destroy his car. BAD SPORT. YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO KILL PEOPLE.

Also, gta 5 doesn't know the difference between quitting a game, and being kicked or disconnected from one.

IPleadTheFifth
  • IPleadTheFifth

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

Duuuun, Duuun,Duun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users