Photo

You're a Bad Sport, Get Over It.

34 replies to this topic
Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:20 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 01 November 2013 - 04:23 AM.

I keep seeing these threads popping up about people whining about how they are deemed a bad sport blah blah blah.

Simple solution...

Don't blow up other people's personal cars and go around mindlessly killing people.

(How am I suppouse to know it's someone personal car?)

A message pops up when you try and get into the car telling you it belongs to so and so, So there is no excuse for not "knowing" it's someone personal car

It seems like a lot of these bad sports don't have a clue what GTAO is and think it's like GTA4 where you can just go around killing people ect.

But unlike GTA 4 in this game there are missions races and ect not just going around killing and blowing up everything in sight.

So either learn to play the game the way it's suppose to be played or stay a bad sport it's up to you.

But stop whining and carrying on like a 12 year old because you can't play the game right and get mad and cry when you get punished.

Yes it is possible to stay a good sport, I've been playing online since it came online and I have yet to be deemed a bad sport.

• Bob_Dole, ten-a-penny and IPleadTheFifth like this

TheAzn
  • TheAzn

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

... mostly 12 year olds.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

We have to call their parents

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

If their parents bought this game, Then they don't care so what's the point?

• IPleadTheFifth likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

Then they need to hear how bad parents they are and live with it/or confiscate the game

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

A friend of mine is a Manager at a store and at this store they require everybody who is buying a Rated M game to be carded regardless if they obviously look over 18 and she was telling me she lost count of how many parents have come in with their kiddies in tow buying the game and have no idea what the game is really about but they can't refuse to sell it, If an adult is buying it for them.

Now that GTA V can be bought though the XBOX & PlayStation Store and downloaded directly to the system, That cuts out the middle man so kids can swipe mommy credit card and buy it no ID needed

Melissaveroza
  • Melissaveroza

Princess

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Some people get bad sport for having a bad connection and as a result become bad sports for leaving games. OP Complaining about complainers...

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

Yeah, that's lame.. But I think most of the bad sports are actually bad sports. And you don't get bad sport for leaving a race once or twice. It have to be at least 3-4 times, maybe more.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

A friend of mine is a Manager at a store and at this store they require everybody who is buying a Rated M game to be carded regardless if they obviously look over 18 and she was telling me she lost count of how many parents have come in with their kiddies in tow buying the game and have no idea what the game is really about but they can't refuse to sell it, If an adult is buying it for them.

Now that GTA V can be bought though the XBOX & PlayStation Store and downloaded directly to the system, That cuts out the middle man so kids can swipe mommy credit card and buy it no ID needed

That is bad, and there's really nothing to do about it either.. It's the parents responsibility, and we are getting punished for bad parenting. 

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

You don't get a bad sport for loosing your connection or leaving a session you get it by being an @#$ to other and leaving jobs ect.

Out of all the threads I've read I have yet to hear someone who said they got deemed a bad sport for loosing their connection and leaving their session.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by The Gardener, 01 November 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Just to clarify, You do get bad sport for disconnecting from missions and races etc... But obviously not free roam.

A friend of mine got it for defending himself so I decided to get it myself. I started by blowing up random peoples cars but I'd get disconnected because I have a sh*t connection. So I just decided to stop trying to get bad sport so I started doing a few missions. Done a few missions and on like the fourth one I got disconnected and got put into bad sport for a day or two, can't really remember as this was a few weeks ago. Havn't had bad sport since as I havn't destroyed any cars or been disconnected.

Just so you know, the only reason I havn't been disconnected since then is because I can only stay connected to games this friend invites me to. Any other game and I disconnect after 5-10 minutes.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

I stand corrected

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Why don't you look into more as to why people are complaining. Then maybe you'll regret this dumbass, clueless thread. :colgate:

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Heeey, because most of the threads are about people who kill eachother and get the bad sports. (Insert a retarded smiley in here)

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Lemme' clear this up for you, OP.

I'm disappointed with bad sport, not because I want to blow up peoples sh*t, but because it is a severely flawed system. For example:

- If you accidentally blow up a friends car, you get bad sport. I mean, shouldn't there be a system where you can choose whether the one who harmed your sh*t gets bad sport or not? A system like that should've been common sense. Accidents happen, but that is unacceptable it seems. :dontgetit:

- If somebody kicks you a lot, like trolls who like to f*ck around -- there are a lot of them -- you'll eventually get bad sport. Even if you did NOTHING wrong! How sh*t is that?

- If you disconnect from a mission, or decide to leave alot, you'll eventually get bad sport. Whats ludicrous is that it still happens even if you've one a lot of missions, races, etc.

- You cannot drive a tank for fun in a public session because people will purposely drive into you, die, lose their cars, and cause you to get bad sport.

That is not all that is wrong with it, unfortunately. And the fact that you cannot play with friends while im bad sport is just stupid to me. If those flaws were fixed -- I don't know how -- then this system could be likable. But right now its just so poorly and lazily done that I would rather have my cars exploded or races abandoned by other people. Freedom feels nonexistant in Online. It just sucks. Either fix this flawed system or drop it.

GTA-iFruit
  • GTA-iFruit

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

This is utterly pointless, some of the users don't understand the whole thing about good or bad sport if its some users who think GTA is all about run an gun when you want how you want!! then you got yourself to blame by mindlessly killing users for no reason as in so called your own fun. but if you complaining about being a bad sport you shouldnt be really doing what your doing in the game. just do it missions, or survival modes ect ect . iv prob shot 2 people during my time on GTA but for no reason my car gets blowen up I get killed numerous of times which really makes me mad. im not threat to nobody unless you tend to bug me for no reason then some how this is where the problems start I think.

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

I keep seeing these threads popping up about people whining about how they are deemed a bad sport blah blah blah.

You've created a thread so you could whinge about the whinners, what does that make you then? :lol:

Go home.

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

I don't know why people make this such a black/white topic.

I think a bad sport system is useful, just not in it's current form.

I think we can all agree the bad sport system has it's merits but needs a serious overhaul.

I wish we'd start thinking of what that is and pitch a fix to rockstar; even though they should be figuring it out themselves.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Another

This is utterly pointless, some of the users don't understand the whole thing about good or bad sport if its some users who think GTA is all about run an gun when you want how you want!! then you got yourself to blame by mindlessly killing users for no reason as in so called your own fun. but if you complaining about being a bad sport you shouldnt be really doing what your doing in the game. just do it missions, or survival modes ect ect . iv prob shot 2 people during my time on GTA but for no reason my car gets blowen up I get killed numerous of times which really makes me mad. im not threat to nobody unless you tend to bug me for no reason then some how this is where the problems start I think.

Another missing the points from the complainers. Read my post abovs, educate yourself.

Also wouldn't it have been great if there was a different type of freemode that's just like IV's. One where you don't have to worry about healthcare, cops, of fees for bad sport, or bad sports itself? Where you could just pick up health, armor, etc off the ground?

I get the new Online is about money and missions and bullsh*t but it just isn't fun. So you do missions. What can you do afterwards? Buy a house that is just like somebody elses, buy ten cars, and then just cruise around or bask in your own wealth? It doesn't sound bad but it gets old. I wish there was an option for a fun, worry free freemode. I mean is that too much to ask?

DadofGhost
  • DadofGhost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I wish there was an option for a fun, worry free freemode. I mean is that too much to ask?

Define "...fun, worry free freemode".

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

I wish there was an option for a fun, worry free freemode. I mean is that too much to ask?

Well smartass, I'm talking about a freemode where you can do anything without having to worry about healthcare bills, cops, bad sport, or spending money. Are there any more simple points from my post, that your mind can't seem to grasp, you'd like me to clear up? ;)

BTW: Maybe if you read my post clearly, you'd understand what I meant and wouldn't have had to ask such a stupid question. :colgate:

Bob_Dole
  • Bob_Dole

We're Goin' To Aruba!

• The Yardies
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

Simple solution...

Don't blow up other people's personal cars and go around mindlessly killing people.

BobDole likes your style  :^:

52527386.jpg

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Well Stingray, in IV you had to worry for assholes that would spawn kill you in every damn session without getting a damn penalty. Them chasing you without stopping, just you and you. :beerhat:

I wanna see you go back there, a place full of even more assholes that have nothing to loose. :colgate:

Instead in here they have something to loose, so most of them back off and then just f*ck around the enviroment, in IV the AI didn't even exist, atleast O tries to keep pedestrians doing their thing.

DadofGhost
  • DadofGhost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Well smartass, I'm talking about a freemode where you can do anything without having to worry about healthcare bills, cops, bad sport, or spending money. Are there any more simple points from my post, that your mind can't seem to grasp, you'd like me to clear up? ;)

BTW: Maybe if you read my post clearly, you'd understand what I meant and wouldn't have had to ask such a stupid question. :colgate:

An internet tough guy.  pathetic.  I should have known better than to post a question to a child.

It seems to me that with a few minor exceptions the bad sport lobby was made for players with your mindset.  Enjoy your time there.  I suspect you'll see a lot of it.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by StingrayX, 01 November 2013 - 08:38 PM.

An internet tough guy.  pathetic.  I should have known better than to post a question to a child.

It seems to me that with a few minor exceptions the bad sport lobby was made for players with your mindset.  Enjoy your time there.  I suspect you'll see a lot of it.
:dontgetit: What? Honestly dude, shut the hell up. I've never been in Bad Sport and if you read my post you would have known that my problems with it aren't about me wanting to blow up people's cars. Why don't you do me a favor? Improve your reading comprehension and learn how not to make an ass out of yourself for perceiving my post the wrong way. Til then, just shut up. I'm not being an internet tough guy, I'm trying to knock some sense into you that what I has said was clear. I sensed a "smartass" attitude from you when you told me to define what I said. Nobody is being a kid here so don't even pull that card. Don't even try to play that sh*t on me.

@Tenxax, that did not bug me that much. I was good at getting my revenge.

TheAzn
  • TheAzn

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

If you guys want a worry free, no bills, no cops, just raw shoot whatever that moves freemode.... start a mission that doesn't have cops. Instead of doing the mission, go ahead and roam the city, blow sh*t up. You by yourself, or invite friends. No cops, no personal vehicles unless your own or your buddies.

Tbones981
  • Tbones981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Don't like people messing with you? Pretty simple make a private lobby so you and your friends can have a tea party instead of blowing sh*t up. Bad sports lobbies just need to be joinable by friends and no one would care then what they were classified as, pretty simple fix.

JayAkuma
  • JayAkuma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Complaining can't beat complaining. It's GTAV isn't meant to be played a certain way...you play it how you want. Whether it go around f*cking sh*t up or cooperating and doing missions with people and the like. Personally I like to do both. I only get annoyed when someone kills me and refuses to 1v1. 

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

Some people get bad sport for having a bad connection and as a result become bad sports for leaving games. OP Complaining about complainers...

I got one bad sport warning for being dropped by the servers while my first ever survival was loading. If I got two or three in a row I'd just do something else for a while...

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

Me and my friend just didn't care today and went around f*cking up people. Friend had a tank, I had a Annihilator for a short amount of time before I landed it in UCLS field and got shot up by some dick. And then we trolled this guy whose name started with an S. He kept bitching on the mic and told others to report my friend in the tank just because we were having fun. Everything we did was allowed except for a few personal cars we blew up. I just don't care now lol! :D I mean I'm not going to stay following these dumb "no blowing up personal cars" forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users