Quantcast

» «
Photo

Tanks needs some serious rethinking

21 replies to this topic
rushfox
  • rushfox

One assassin for hire. PM me if you've got a target.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

Tanks are extremely overpowered or the weapons are underpowered. I know a tank is supposed to be strong and all, but no tank should be able to survive 3+ sticky bombs and multiple RPGs. 

I suggest ways to limit the tank:

Rounds cost money say 10 rounds for 1000$

Tanks have slower turning and reload time

Tanks have a wait period of 5 minutes before another one can be called in

Police get equipped with better weapons at 4&5 stars that can take down the tank quicker

I have used the tank and I liked it for getting my 40minute 5 star in hicktown, but too many people use them to actively hunt players down and spawn kill them which leads to my next objection. 

When I get killed I want to be more than a mile away from whoever killed me so I can have enough time to run away or confront them. I'm tired of spawning right in front of someone and having them shotgun me in the face, or having that tank kill me for the 7th time because I can't run fast enough.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

I love it how it is personally. Tho I never use it to fight, more like a douche repellant.
  • ton10 and qop like this

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by GTAPhilly1, 01 November 2013 - 03:18 AM.

Tank camping/griefing is one of the few enjoyments I get out of this sh*t hole game
  • Plug In Baby81 likes this

Daos Draxon
  • Daos Draxon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

While I agree that the spawn raping with tanks is horrible, I feel like they are balanced just fine. What we need is a Javelin missle launcher that can take down tanks in 1-2 shots (as well as a Stinger missle launcher for choppers). The weapon should be pretty expensive though and it should have very limited ammo. Maybe 2-4 missles that cost around $25,000 each.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

I just wish it's unable to be accessible by other players. It seems like once someone steals your tank, you can't get it back. I jumped on top and pressed triangle and my character didn't even try to jack it. It's retarded.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

I just wish it's unable to be accessible by other players. It seems like once someone steals your tank, you can't get it back. I jumped on top and pressed triangle and my character didn't even try to jack it. It's retarded.

I read somewhere else that that is a glitch and is unintended.. Fix should come eventually..

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

I read somewhere else that that is a glitch and is unintended.. Fix should come eventually..
ahh finally! It's the most annoying thing trying to get your tank bank, especially when you don't have RPGs to destroy it when someone else is in it.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

You can snipe people out of tanks if you didn't know.

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

^ this
and always hold more than 1k of money so u can go passive mode when killed by tank
yes the rpg and sticky bombs seems to be too weak against tank and I agree it needs to be nerfed
I've been practicing killing tank driver in bad sports lobby and steal it to get revenge
its not that hard when u know what u need to do

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Could just stick in a Javelin style single shot tank killer, with a nice hefty price tag per shot.

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

Tank camping/griefing is one of the few enjoyments I get out of this sh*t hole game

Sadly I feel the same way, after being camped and griefed by so many assholes I have resorted to fighting fire with fire... Also, I have a lot of fun inviting people to my garage, only to swing the tank turret around and slam them into my garage wall, killing them ;)

Victor_714
  • Victor_714

Kid Detector

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

Police get equipped with better weapons at 4&5 stars that can take down the tank quicker

Aren't the police swarms enough? They alone destroy your tank by intentionally exploding their  cars below the tank...

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

Lately, I've been running into Rhino users who are also doing the invincibility glitch. It's extremely annoying. Aside from glitchers/cheaters, I think they're relatively balanced.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

Then you, sir, have no imagination. There are quite a few things you can do to have fun. Heck, trying to learn how to fly the Buzzard effectively could take weeks or months.

Personally, when I see a tank, I get excited. I just keep slamming personal vehicles into them until they leave the session before they get the bad sport label. Today was the best so far, because the idiot was griefing people near the insurance company. So I'd smash into him, call the insurance, and it would appear so close to me, that I could just run right up to it. I was on my third trip toward the tank when the guy finally left the session.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

I tried to do this, but I couldn't see where to shoot the guy.

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

Then you, sir, have no imagination. There are quite a few things you can do to have fun. Heck, trying to learn how to fly the Buzzard effectively could take weeks or months.

Personally, when I see a tank, I get excited. I just keep slamming personal vehicles into them until they leave the session before they get the bad sport label. Today was the best so far, because the idiot was griefing people near the insurance company. So I'd smash into him, call the insurance, and it would appear so close to me, that I could just run right up to it. I was on my third trip toward the tank when the guy finally left the session.

If the person in the tank was smart enough, they'd know to just turn their xbox off when being put in bad sport. Cancels it and you're ready for another car smashing rampage ;)

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

Tanks are extremely overpowered or the weapons are underpowered. I know a tank is supposed to be strong and all, but no tank should be able to survive 3+ sticky bombs and multiple RPGs. 

I have used the tank and I liked it for getting my 40minute 5 star in hicktown, but too many people use them to actively hunt players down and spawn kill them which leads to my next objection. 

When I get killed I want to be more than a mile away from whoever killed me so I can have enough time to run away or confront them. I'm tired of spawning right in front of someone and having them shotgun me in the face, or having that tank kill me for the 7th time because I can't run fast enough.

If you're getting killed repeatedly by a tank, you need a better strategy...tanks are slow as hell and hard to maneuver, especially in tight spots.  They are easily avoided.

GLiTcH2
  • GLiTcH2

╚═╬═╬═╬═╝

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:45 AM Edited by GLiTcH2, 01 November 2013 - 04:47 AM.

We just need better weapons against tanks, How about this? lol

Tank.gif

DeepThroat1974
  • DeepThroat1974

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

Join the Army...........Nuff said!

rushfox
  • rushfox

One assassin for hire. PM me if you've got a target.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

I tried to do this, but I couldn't see where to shoot the guy.

Where do you aim?

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

The biggest problem is that the few things that are effective (heavy sniper, rpg etc) are unavailable until you're a very high level. It's like R* WANTED everyone below level like 80 to be completely helpless to as*hole griefers.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

U get the tank at 70... The best defense against a tank is a tank. I don't think three stickies should take out a tank. I do think it needs a longer cool down time between shots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users