Quantcast

» «
Photo

HOW THE F*** ARE PEOPLE ALWAYS SNIPING ME OUT OF A HELICOPTER?!

45 replies to this topic
nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

I am strafing as fast as possible but they always get a shot on me. You're god damn right I'm mad. iMad? YES!

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

abject paranoia?

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

Because a helicopter can't strafe faster than an aiming reticle, and its horizontal movements are extremely easy to follow and predict.

If you want to potentially throw them off, hold the brake and tip the nose down as far as possible. The helicopter can move down faster than any other direction, so use it to your advantage.

Of course, if you know where a sniper is, the best way to protect yourself is to spin the helicopter around to face away from them. Worst thing you can do is aim directly at them.

• Suppa K likes this

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Because a helicopter can't strafe faster than an aiming reticle, and its horizontal movements are extremely easy to follow and predict.

If you want to potentially throw them off, hold the brake and tip the nose down as far as possible. The helicopter can move down faster than any other direction, so use it to your advantage.

Of course, if you know where a sniper is, the best way to protect yourself is to spin the helicopter around to face away from them. Worst thing you can do is aim directly at them.

Yeah I always fly backwards to them. It's so crazy how they get me out by the time I get set though. Oh it pisses me off. haha

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

2ND TO NONE

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Buzzard or Annihilator?

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Buzzard or Annihilator?

Buzzard. Yeah I know. Larger window. I would use the Annihilator But have you seen how slow they made it?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

2ND TO NONE

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Its slower but seems faster than the buzzard to me.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Because we're good? I laugh whenever someone comes at me with a buzzard...you have to be better than me at more than one thing in that encounter...good luck with that.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Fly in reverse.. mind games man. They'll be like 'wtf is he doing?!' .. next thing you know, splat.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

Have you tried outrunning the police helicopters in the Annihilator ? Damn impossible. It doesn't go fast at all. They are always right on your ass shooting you. Then by the time you know it, you start descending because the engine is failing.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Because people have #skill.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Because we're good? I laugh whenever someone comes at me with a buzzard...you have to be better than me at more than one thing in that encounter...good luck with that.

I don't believe it. Because in GTA4 no one could hit me. I believe it's because they slowed down the strafing of the choppers. That's exactly what they did.

evilclive
  • evilclive

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Its always fun to snipe someone in a tank or helicopter from a mile away and hear them go "wtf!?" over the mic xD

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

Its always fun to snipe someone in a tank or helicopter from a mile away and hear them go "wtf!?" over the mic xD

I hate it because the helicopter is the only thing I am good with. I suck at everything. Even grenade launcher. AND STICKY BOMBS. lol Helicopter is my only weapon

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

Practice makes good aiming.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by TreFacTor, 01 November 2013 - 12:13 AM.

I don't believe it. Because in GTA4 no one could hit me. I believe it's because they slowed down the strafing of the choppers. That's exactly what they did.

That's where I perfected the skill...You've just not run into the right sniper.... a smart sniper uses his surroundings to his advantage against a heli...you've got a better chance at kamikaze'n me than blowing me up or getting a clean line of fire.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

That's where I perfected the skill...You've just not run into the right sniper.... a smart sniper uses his surroundings to his advantage against a heli...

Cpt. MacMillan is that you? "Too much radiation, we'll have to go around"

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

Have you tried outrunning the police helicopters in the Annihilator ? Damn impossible. It doesn't go fast at all. They are always right on your ass shooting you. Then by the time you know it, you start descending because the engine is failing.

Couldn't agree more it's brutally slow to fly, seems like the helicopter of choice for loading up with people if they wanted to shoot because it has great stability.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

That's where I perfected the skill...You've just not run into the right sniper.... a smart sniper uses his surroundings to his advantage against a heli...you've got a better chance at kamikaze'n me than blowing me up or getting a clean line of fire.

Can I just kill you already? Are you on XBOX? Cuz I wanna test this so called *SKILL

evilclive
  • evilclive

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

Can I just kill you already? Are you on XBOX? Cuz I wanna test this so called *SKILL

I hate it because the helicopter is the only thing I am good with. I suck at everything. Even grenade launcher. AND STICKY BOMBS. lol Helicopter is my only weapon

I sniped someone out of a heli last night with a name that was similar to yours(cant remember the name)....was that you? Chased me around for 15 mins after that.

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Haven't sniped a guy while he was in a helicopter yet, but I did snipe and kill some guy who just launched in the air on a stunt jump. I just aimed in and fired a shot just for sh*ts and it said I killed him.

Luckiest shot ever.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Pop in GTA IV I'll meet you in Liberty City first so we can go retro, then I'll meet you in LS....sound good?

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Pop in GTA IV I'll meet you in Liberty City first so we can go retro, then I'll meet you in LS....sound good?

Tag? I will wanna play you tomorrow cuz I feel like sh*t today.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

I sniped someone out of a heli last night with a name that was similar to yours(cant remember the name)....was that you? Chased me around for 15 mins after that.

No my name on GTAV is IHateMainstream

evilclive
  • evilclive

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

No my name on GTAV is IHateMainstream

Ok nevermind, not you xD

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Yawn....

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

I've shot two pilots and disabled a 3rd heli forcing the bitch to jump out. Before you bros ask, yes I am a badass

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Most people are absurdly good at this

I can't fathom how considering how laggy the aiming is, the low frame rate, and the dead zone on the ps3 sticks

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by AzraelX, 01 November 2013 - 01:51 AM.

Most people are absurdly good at this

I can't fathom how considering how laggy the aiming is, the low frame rate, and the dead zone on the ps3 sticks

It's because most people are playing on Xbox.

Oh right, you meant people you play with ;) Couldn't tell you.

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

People snipe you in a buzzard? If it was me I'd either:

1. Run underneath it and try to throw a sticky bomb or

2. Rocket launcher you.

The latter is my preferred choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users