Photo

Ever wonder why people post questions on forums or alike when they cou

9 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:32 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 31 October 2013 - 11:33 PM.

Ever wonder why people post questions on forums or alike when they could get an immediate answer just by Googling it?

Not to be a hypocrite, because I'm guilty of it myself sometimes. Also sometimes you want the answer but also feel like starting a discussion around it. But certainly sometimes people really need to be aware they can help them selves out more accurately and quickly just by using Google.

In fact, going off topic a little, it's amazing just what you can find out on Google these days. I remember when I first starting browsing the net back in 2000. It seemed the that there was an enormous amount of content out there, and there was. But it doesn't compare to what we have on the net toady. Now you can find an answer to anything, or anything that someone in the world does already know at least. Back then it was difficult.
  • Ramyhyday likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

I think sometimes people just want a personalized answer.

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

A-bit-o-love

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

That's not true. Google always gives me the exact opposite of the answer I want.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

A-bit-o-love

Not love, but interactivity. The ability to tell someone that you don't understand what they said, and can you clarify it.

Suggestions (ie: "What Halloween movie should I watch? I'm looking for X to be included similar to how Y did it. "), and technical questions that you can't bring up a name for, or are too vague and you might need to narrow it down but don't know how on your own, are also a lot easier to ask presently.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Don't Mind Me...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

When I've already exhausted all other options I rush to ask it here. If I don't know what the problem is so I can't narrow it down for the selective thing that is search engines I rush to post it here.

It's that human element of asking questions. You know, the thought that whoever you're talking to might actually have brain to help you.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

Ever wonder why people post questions on forums or alike when they could get an immediate answer just by Googling it?

Not to be a hypocrite, because I'm guilty of it myself sometimes. Also sometimes you want the answer but also feel like starting a discussion around it. But certainly sometimes people really need to be aware they can help them selves out more accurately and quickly just by using Google.

(1) It's polite, and a nice thing to do. It's not like people demand a(n) answer.

(2) Google sometimes doesn't have all the answers.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

When you are on a forum you can put a lot of detail in your question, whereas when you google it you are just looking at someone else's question not your own, here you can type whatever you want and get an answer.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

Google will only provide you answers to questions that have been asked by someone else before. Most of the times, that's sufficient. But at times when you need to be a little more specific, a discussion board will help you out.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

In fact, going off topic a little, it's amazing just what you can find out on Google these days. I remember when I first starting browsing the net back in 2000. It seemed the that there was an enormous amount of content out there, and there was. But it doesn't compare to what we have on the net toady. Now you can find an answer to anything, or anything that someone in the world does already know at least. Back then it was difficult.

I hope this answers your question

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users