Quantcast

» «
Photo

When do you see yourself putting gta 5 down for good?

175 replies to this topic
CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

CrustyFapSock:

" If you only agree with say 10 out 40 of his complaints. That doesn't translate to the game is 75% flawless."

I don't get what you're trying to say here. Could you elaborate? I think I have an idea, but I'm not certain.

"The things he got hugely right like the cops, the side missions and map are of far more significance than even if they did promise fishing for example."

I agreed with those points of his. However, you can't bash GTA 5 because it didn't have fishing. It's just ridiculous.

Well this isn't really debating you since you never said this. But some people seem to think this game is amazing! you just need to look past the few issues everyone agrees upon, and everything else is good. But those few issues just happened to be so tremendously important that they're no longer considered a few issues, but instead major problems with the game. And some people can't look past them to enjoy the things they did get right and in turn their opinion of the game is severely lowered. And that's why you see all these this game sucks etc., even if they did get most of the stuff correct.
  • Official General and TheMasterfocker like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

CrustyFapSock:

" If you only agree with say 10 out 40 of his complaints. That doesn't translate to the game is 75% flawless."

I don't get what you're trying to say here. Could you elaborate? I think I have an idea, but I'm not certain.

"The things he got hugely right like the cops, the side missions and map are of far more significance than even if they did promise fishing for example."

I agreed with those points of his. However, you can't bash GTA 5 because it didn't have fishing. It's just ridiculous.

Well this isn't really debating you since you never said this. But some people seem to think this game is amazing! you just need to look past the few issues everyone agrees upon, and everything else is good. But those few issues just happened to be so tremendously important that they're no longer considered a few issues, but instead major problems with the game. And some people can't look past them to enjoy the things they did get right and in turn their opinion of the game is severely lowered. And that's why you see all these this game sucks etc., even if they did get most of the stuff correct.

@ Crusty

Well said, you hit the nail on the head  :^:

• TheMasterfocker likes this

ImSoTwisted
  • ImSoTwisted

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by ImSoTwisted, 03 November 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Tops a month for me. SP post story is soo boring

When I get bored with it.

Edit: Oops forgot to say that its sometime soon i'm getting really bored with sp too i'm just finishing the Epsilon missions.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

CrustyFapSock:

Very well said. That is very true.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

CrustyFapSock:

Very well said. That is very true.

That's the sad part of it all. Los Santos and the surrounding areas looked amazing and stunning. The wilderness and countryside, mnus a few issues looked great too. I just find it hard to fully appreciate it all because I really believe a great deal of it went to waste. 

• saintsrow likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

I tried to go through the game again....and couldn't force myself to do it. I took it out and shelved it. Tooooo boring, too many things missing, too many things broken.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

I tried to go through the game again....and couldn't force myself to do it. I took it out and shelved it. Tooooo boring, too many things missing, too many things broken.

Same. I've gone back to red dead.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Same. I've gone back to red dead.

I actually played RDR yesterday for a little bit! The zombie one, that is. lol My horse is on fire, so I pee on it

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

already did 3 weeks ago

no replay value what so ever

online is sh*t

big map with small city and nothing to do

even the retarded gta 4 is more fun than GTA V

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

I know more people have put it down by now.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

Simple, I won't. I haven't actually put down a game for good unless it was a flop *cough Test Drive Inlimited 2cough* or the disc broke. IV is a game I will never stop playing and all of the other GTA's are timeless too.

V isn't actually a timeless game to me, but I won't just stop playing it. I will have times where I ignore it for months, but not years. IV will be a game I'll play a lot now though.

I have never rage quit a game before TDU 2 came along. G-d that game was terrible. I rage quit and deleted everything, 

• Sting4S likes this

jonifun92
  • jonifun92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

When GTA VI comes out :)

I will maby put it away for months and maby half a year. But I will play it again sometime. Now i'm a gamer :p

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

Not for a really long time. I don't get how someone can play a game once and say, "Okay, I beat it, now I'm going to trade it in." unless it really sucks. When I love a game, I can't part with it. I can still play Resident Evil 4 once a year or so.

I've beaten GTA V twice now, so it will be on my shelf for a long time. I'll probably play it again in a year or two.

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

I stopped playing it over a month ago. I can't say for good since I may have a little f*ck around on it, but I kind of caned the free roaming on GTA 4, so whilst free roaming on GTA V is better since the scenery is more varied it feels repetitive, I've gotten a bit bored of killing peds and that, it did seem fun in GTA 4 since the PS3 was still sort of new and the physics were a level up from the PS2 era, but since I played 4 so much doing it all over again in V did get boring quicker. 

Shame really since I like what R* have done with the whole landscape, swimming under water, being able to fly a lot higher, big mountains and all that, they really took the game to the next level.

I think they should have added waaay more street and off-road races, that would have made a better use of the huge world they've made. And gangwars would have given that extra bit of re-playability after completing story-mode.

Anyway, we still have DLC don't we? So there's still more R* will give us in the world of LS yet.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Have not tocuhed V for two weeks. It ain't down for good, but I might not touch it until sometime around my birthday in February.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by SmoothGTA, 07 December 2013 - 07:02 PM.

I thought there was an outside chance I'd put IV to bed for a long long time after V, but I see now this isn't the case. They are both classics in my opinion.

I haven't touched any of the III era games in over a year but they haven't aged well. The lack of a cover system and the improved shooting mechanics of the HD era makes it almost impossible to go back.

Even after GTA VIce City comes out (calling it now :cool:) I'll still go back to IV and V when I want to travel to their specific locations.

Also for the 'imagination' crowd...It's not my fault you can't think up cool things to do like...jumping a car off Chilliad, exiting it, and proximity flying with it down the mountain pulling your parachute seconds before it impacts in a fiery explosion right in your face.

Suuuckkksss.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

Depends on the value of the DLC that's coming, if it's good I will keep playing, if it sucks I may stop playing the game for a certain amount of time.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Never for good. It is tremendous fun and doesn't deserve very much of the hate it gets.
Even after GTA VI, GTA VII, GTA VIII, GTA IX and GTA X come out I'll return to V every now and again. As of this moment in time (and the next 5 years, at least) it is the game I play 99-100% of the time.

RaeTrillionaire
  • RaeTrillionaire

Wig Got Split

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Been having problems getting back into it. I really wanna play it cause I still haven't passed it and I liked it but I don't know how. :/

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

I put down V two months ago. When I think "I want to relax right now", V never comes to mind. V was something I had to try to enjoy. And call me lazy, but... I don't like trying to like a video game.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

Nope, won't put it down. I always love causing mayeh. That's the beauty of GTA replay ablity. I don't play the 3D era on my ps2, but i play it on my iPhone. I'll do the same for San Andreas. I have a very hard time going back to GTA IV. It'll take a lot of convinving for me to play any game besdies GTA V for a long time.

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

I never put down a game "for good". Whether it takes a month, a year or even a decade, I will always play that game again.

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

GTA6

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

When GTA VI comes out.

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by Steverino322, 07 December 2013 - 10:33 PM.

I put it down as soon as Assassin's Creed 4 (on pc) came out. Game has so much sh*t to do in it and it feels (or at least seems) considerably larger than GTA V does.

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

Kilo Tray Ballas

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

uhhhh... I dunno.... maybe like... 4/5 years from now ...

tumblr_mwu05pYjlr1qbvzlwo2_400.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users