Quantcast

» «
Photo

When do you see yourself putting gta 5 down for good?

175 replies to this topic
jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

Once Xbox one comes out and I trade my 360 in... Why couldnt they release it for Xbox one??

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

I don't get this imagination that people are talking about? What am I supposed to come up with? New ways of killing people?

People don't seem to understand we appreciate a rather long-ass story rather than a short, sixty-f*cking-nine mission, which some are literally 2-3 minutes.

After the story and side-stories are done, boom, it's finished, it's put down for good, only reason I purchased V is because of MP, that's what gets me back to V every time.

You cam do whatever you want. Use your imagination, that's the point. After the story's done, I like to roleplay. I, as Michael, take Franklin and play golf with him, do other rich people things. Then, when I'm Franklin, I do stuff with fast cars (Races, stunt jumps, etc.).

Trevor's a whole other thing. I go on absolute rampages with him.

Basically, roleplay.

but i'm not a virgin anymore

You sure about that? Sapphire in the club doesn't count.

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

That's a good question. Probably around the time GTA VI comes out. GTA Online will keep me entertained for years, haven't finished SP yet too.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

Going for 100% does not seem worth it in any way shape or form. Ive thought about it just for the prestigious title on the forums. Then I think about what I have to do. Nuclear waste collection, stuntjumps etc. Basically all the things that a video game should NOT be. And nah no thanks

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

already have don't have the game anymore

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

Basically all the things that a video game should NOT be. 

So video games shouldn't have extras that extend the life of the game? They shouldn't have things for people to strive for? Whatever you say.

And lol your username

infamousxx09
  • infamousxx09

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

havent even touched it in 2 weeks,online just got boring,etc,

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

Soon.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

So video games shouldn't have extras that extend the life of the game? They shouldn't have things for people to strive for? Whatever you say.

And lol your username
They extend it sure. But are they enjoyable? Do people genuinely want to do these activities or do they just grind it out for 100%? Something like gang wars would've been much better. Extends the game while being FUN.

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

It will never be put down "for good" with me. I still come back to IV and RDR every so often, maybe once a year, just to screw around for a little bit. But I've put down V for the foreseeable future. I put in 150 hours in during the first month so I'm kind of burned out on it for the moment. I might put it back in when the beach pack releases just to see the new cars, but aside from that I'll be taking a break until something big happens.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

And lol your username
They extend it sure. But are they enjoyable? Do people genuinely want to do these activities or do they just grind it out for 100%? Something like gang wars would've been much better. Extends the game while being FUN.

They're enjoyable when you look for them in a detailed and alive city.

For example: Finding all the voxophones and gear and stuff in Bioshock Infinite was fun because there was a ton of places to explore, and the world was beautiful.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

And lol your username

For example: Finding all the voxophones and gear and stuff in Bioshock Infinite was fun because there was a ton of places to explore, and the world was beautiful.
Well at least you dont deny that the map is lackluster. A pallet that big and that's what they come up with? 1 city, a couple bumf*ck nowhere towns and mountains. Doesn't exactly encourage me to go exploring. Bioshock might be different though.

KiiNGKiiLL
  • KiiNGKiiLL

Semper Fatalis Leader

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

I've beaten the story two times, working on the third. I used to play GTA 4 constantly, that and MW3. Never really got bored of that one either, so I guess it's just personal preference. I'll play it until something better comes along. 

SoulTrain75
  • SoulTrain75

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by SoulTrain75, 02 November 2013 - 12:53 AM.

im loving 5 and i still got alot of missions to do. im taking my sweet time with it doing maybe a mission once every day or two because i know once i finish the story ill shelve it and probally never touch it again. but thats how i am with most games once i beat them im on to the next game.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

5 years from now... Just like I did with IV....

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Playa

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

I've never put down a GTA game for good. There may be years between playing them, but I still keep coming back.

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Pretty simple, when the next one releases. There will be other games that I play more of like BF4 but will still play gta here and they're with the dlc.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

And lol your username

Well at least you dont deny that the map is lackluster. A pallet that big and that's what they come up with? 1 city, a couple bumf*ck nowhere towns and mountains. Doesn't exactly encourage me to go exploring. Bioshock might be different though.

I think R* did great with the city. I love the city in the game. The countryside could've been better though.

SN95_Schpecter
  • SN95_Schpecter

Dogs Logs

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

already have don't have the game anymore

Sold mine too. Got ACIV and Diablo III.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

And lol your username

I think R* did great with the city. I love the city in the game. The countryside could've been better though.
Countryside.. As in 70% of the map. I agree.

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

I completed it 100%, have a 10 vehicle garage + apartment and have 3.4 million online by farming on online races everyday. Online just got really boring, bored of all the jobs, bored of everything.... Nothing to do in story mode... So i haven't touched it in 4 days now and don't think i will for a few days unless someone invites me to play with them. Btw all people do in free mode is shoot eachother i mean how boring is that? it was funny around 5 years ago for me but now its extremely boring. so yeah, bored of killing, bored of causing chaos, bored of cars, bored of racing, bored of online jobs, bored of showing off, bored of clothes, bored of crews, bored of everything that anyone can imagine in gta online and story mode. I wish the story was at least a 100 missions long.

• hooma likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by jiggysaw, 01 November 2013 - 05:09 AM.

Probably a little bit after gta 6

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

I don't get this imagination that people are talking about? What am I supposed to come up with? New ways of killing people?

People don't seem to understand we appreciate a rather long-ass story rather than a short, sixty-f*cking-nine mission, which some are literally 2-3 minutes.

Who the f*ck plays GTA for its story? No offense, but that's like buying FIFA for its advertisements.
GTAs have always been about the open-world. They practically invented mainstream open-world games, the stories are just there to fill the void of game progression.

OP: Never. I've never put down a GTA for good. I may stop playing them for months, or years even, but I always come back to them.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:25 AM

5 years from now... Just like I did with IV....

I can honestly not imagine what you'd be doing during even 1/1000 of the next 5 years with this game. Replaying story 600 times maybe? Or possibly running 50,000 triathlons?

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:28 AM Edited by Wanted Assailant, 01 November 2013 - 05:29 AM.

This is the first GTA where I've felt no strong replay value. I remember endlessly pouring hours upon hours into GTA IV, San Andreas, Vice City, and GTA III.

As soon as I had gotten 100% (which I did before completing the story) that was it.

Should GTAO even be mentioned?

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:35 AM

Who the f*ck plays GTA for its story? No offense, but that's like buying FIFA for its advertisements.
GTAs have always been about the open-world. They practically invented mainstream open-world games, the stories are just there to fill the void of game progression.

OP: Never. I've never put down a GTA for good. I may stop playing them for months, or years even, but I always come back to them.

That's a bit presumuptous. There are many reasons to play a GTA. I've gotten over the "chaos and run over 500 people" phase mostly due to boredom, and personally I play GTA for its open world and immersion. The story definitely counts. Rockstar is serious about its story. All of them since Vice City have focused on story. 

• Evo X Ali likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Well I do. I think the story is a very strong and key point of a GTA game. I still remember the days of the top down GTAs where stories weren't a focal point, but that's because there was no knowing any better.

Imagine a GTA game without a story nowadays? Stories help make sense of the world we're playing in. They add substance, depth and an overall goal. A GTA without a story is like a cheeseburger without cheese. Strange analogy I know, but I hope you get the jest of what I'm saying.

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

maybe next year sometime. might be playing less with Forza 5 and BF4 to be played ;)

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

They add substance, depth and an overall goal. A GTA without a story is like a cheeseburger without cheese. Strange analogy I know, but I hope you get the jest of what I'm saying.

ffs Miami, your analogies always make me hungry lol

@Miami & Wanted Assailant: I completely agree that the story is a core point of the any game. However, for Grand Theft Auto, stories have never been neither the selling point nor the centerpiece. It's like playing The Walking Dead The Game for its movement animations.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

Once the next gen consoles arrive and I get my copy of BF4/Ghosts/AC4/WD/Drive Club and many more I will definitely let go of this terrible game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users