» «
Photo

Suggested changes to the shooting element

19 replies to this topic
BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 21 November 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Adjust Assist-aim

As of now assist-aim is simply too easy.  You just hold the left trigger which locks onto your enemy and shoot. There is no challenge to it other than moving the stick up for a head shot.  As for the defender escaping the lock is damn near impossible to escape especially when in a car.  You can do the combat roll when on foot to momentarily break the lock but that only goes so far.  Anyway, my suggestion to fix assist-aim is...

1.  Soften up the lock a lot more.  It shouldnt lock directly onto the target.  Only in his general location.  From here you will need to move the stick the rest of the way to put the dot on the target.  Same for locking on targets in a vehicle.  We should still lock onto the vehicle but must move the stick to get the dot directly on the target.

2.  Make lock accuracy decrease with distance.  In other words the closer I am to my target the lesser I'll have to move the stick to put the dot on the target.  This means the way it locks onto you currently online should only be possible when very close.

3.  We should be able to use the stick while aiming to switch between targets like in IV.  Having to let go of the trigger and press it again just to target another enemy is too much.  Also,  it sux to aim at an enemy who's shooting at you but the game makes you lock onto a ped or cop and no matter how many times you try to unlock and lock again it keeps locking onto them and not the guy you want.

Bulletproof Vests

They are entirely too weak.  It should take a lot more than a few shots to destroy them.  They need to be made a LOT tougher so they last longer.  This will make gun battles more drawn out instead of b-d-d-d your dead.  It will also force players to try aiming at specific areas like the head,  arms and legs to injure you instead of just shooting up you vest in an instant.  Injuries are explained below.

Wounds Effecting Play

I was playing last night and was leaning against a wall waiting for a good time to poke around a corner and shoot.  The guy I was looking to shoot killed me by sniping my f*cking hand that was sticking out.  lol   I think you should only lose health and be able to die from head and body shots.  If I get shot in the hand it shouldn't take health.  It should only lower my aim accuracy and slow down my left/right motion when aiming.  The same for getting shot in the foot or leg.  It shouldn't take health.  It should only slow down my running,  climbing and combat roll.

Weapon Accessibility

All I see online is ppl blowing each other up with explosives,  sniping each other and at the very least using assault rifles.  All the smaller weapons are pretty much irrelevant.  I think R* made all the bigger weapons too accessible making online just a big bomb/snipe fest.  I mean nobody is gonna use the smaller weapons if everyone is using rifles and bombs.  Its simply too much firepower to easy.  This makes it waaay too easy to kill ppl or be killed.  Here is how I think it should be to tone it down a bit to a more challenging level.

1st,  R* should make the bigger weapons a lot harder to get and when you do get them harder to maintain.  What I mean is this.  I think weapon purchase should be split into two.  Small weapons from mele to shotguns are purchased at Ammunition.  Basically whatever the police have we can buy at Ammunition.  That way these will be the most used weapons making gunfights a little more realistic and challenging. The bigger weapons like sniper rifles,  miniguns,  RPG's and sticky bombs must be purchased from special contacts and crate drops only.

These contacts are certain characters who you must call to meet and buy the weapons from like Lil Jacob from IV.  Sometimes they will be available and sometimes they wont.  Maybe make them available once or twice every GTA day.  The weapons as well as ammo will come with a hefty price and they are not permanently stored on your weapon wheel.  If the cops kill you then you lose them.  If a player kills you they can take it from your dead body if you died with it equipped.  Just the equipped weapon tho.

If it was like this I think ppl would be a lot more concervative with these weapons since you cant just run to Ammunition after wasting all the ammo mindlessly and restock.  There is also a threat to lose them.  This will make gunplay more realistic as the smaller weapons will get more use and along with the above suggestion for assist-aim will make killing ppl a little harder.  Thoughts?

• DaCosta likes this

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

They should do it like GTA4. I actually could get kills in that one (Free aim)

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

so you want free aim to be like aim assist in console FPS's? no thanks, i like my challenge

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

I like the ideas above, although free-aim is a very popular mode (I've not tested it out yet) so I would retain the full free-aim mode.

But the standard GTA mode, for online, being improved to the system above would be great. If it was done right it would allow lock on at close range, which is accurate, while longer range would require adjustments. That sounds great to me!

Definitely agree with the wounds idea too but I wouldn't want bulletproof vests to be too strong.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:52 AM Edited by BurningBalls, 01 November 2013 - 09:53 AM.

There is something off about the aiming in GTA 5 I feel.

Gears of War is a game with very comfortable 3rd person shooting.

GTA 4 was good as well.

GTA 5, I don't know. Something seems to be off.

The combat mechanics, especially in Deathmatch are very poor. People will even prefer to play COD rather than GTA Online Deathmatch, and that is saying something.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

need first person view, 3rd person sucks balls, the auto aim always locking onto the cops or my friends and crew instead of the f*ckwit im trying to kill really pisses me off, half the time the auto aim wont lock on the guy the crosshair is right next to who is shooting me but it will jump all the way accross the screen to lock on my f*cking crewmate, its retarded as f*ck, this game is not a good shooter, needs much work, lol!  I find free aim better than the autolock bs when im trying to kill other players but free aim on a console sucks balls.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Free aim is perfect, if you are good you can aim flawlessly.
Your other two points I agree with.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

How is free aim too hard?

Move white dot, pull trigger..  Its not more complex then that.

People need to stop thinking they are GODS GIFT to shooting and accept they won't land every bullet just because they squeezed the R trigger.

And people complaining about how silly Auto Aim is need to stop using it.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

I think there should have been one mode from the beginning. Now it is to late. The game is balanced/made for auto-aim. They are not going to or might not even be able to change so many elements of the game. 

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

People need to stop thinking they are GODS GIFT to shooting and accept they won't land every bullet just because they squeezed the R trigger.

this, if people are both (partially) in cover and a long distance away from eachother you're not going to hit every shot

also stop moving so much when shooting

it works on auto aim but in free aim moving around f*cks up your aim a bit and on long distance shots that can make the difference between hitting your target or going 4 feet over his head.

I think it works pretty nice, sure it's a bit clunky but once you get used to it it gets the job done and it gives the game a kind of realistic feel

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 01 November 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Robotic and clunky is not perfect and getting good at it doesn't change that.  Regardless,  after thinking about it I have edited my original post.  Ppl like free-aim so I shouldn't suggest R* to take it away.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:28 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 16 November 2013 - 01:28 AM.

Updated the 1st post with this...

Weapon Accessibility

All I see online is ppl blowing each other up with explosives,  sniping each other and at the very least using assault rifles.  All the smaller weapons are pretty much irrelevant.  I think R* made all the bigger weapons too accessible making online just a big bomb/snipe fest.  I mean nobody is gonna use the smaller weapons if everyone is using rifles and bombs.  Its simply too much firepower to easy.  This makes it waaay too easy to kill ppl or be killed.  Here is how I think it should be to tone it down a bit to a more challenging level.

1st,  R* should make the bigger weapons a lot harder to get and when you do get them harder to maintain.  What I mean is this.  I think weapon purchase should be split into two.  Small weapons from mele to shotguns are purchased at Ammunition.  Basically whatever the police have we can buy at Ammunition.  That way these will be the most used weapons making gunfights a little more realistic and challenging. The bigger weapons like sniper rifles,  miniguns,  RPG's and sticky bombs will be purchased from special contacts only.

These contacts are certain characters who you must call to meet and buy the weapons from like Lil Jacob from IV.  Sometimes they will show up and sometimes they wont.  Maybe make them available once or twice every GTA day.  The weapons as well as ammo will come with a hefty price and they are not permanently stored on your weapon wheel.  If the cops kill you then you lose them.  If a player kills you they can take it from your dead body if you died with it equipped.  Just the equipped weapon tho.

If it was like this I think ppl would be a lot more concervative with these weapons since you cant just run to Ammunition after wasting all the ammo mindlessly and there is a threat to lose them.  This will make gunplay more realistic as the smaller weapons will get more use and along with the above suggestion for assist-aim will make killing ppl a little harder.  Thoughts?

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

this, if people are both (partially) in cover and a long distance away from eachother you're not going to hit every shot

also stop moving so much when shooting

it works on auto aim but in free aim moving around f*cks up your aim a bit and on long distance shots that can make the difference between hitting your target or going 4 feet over his head.

I think it works pretty nice, sure it's a bit clunky but once you get used to it it gets the job done and it gives the game a kind of realistic feel

I always move when aiming, because I can stay on target. Yes, in free aim. I don't play auto aim.

Learning to aim whilst moving is the biggest key to success in free aim.

DigitalEschaton
  • DigitalEschaton

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:44 AM Edited by DigitalEschaton, 16 November 2013 - 01:47 AM.

I highly doubt your suggestions will be implemented or even considered, except possibly the armor thing, which I am still pretty skeptical of.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

yeah there is no aim assist in this game. It's actually auto-aim, and it BLOWS.

Id go as far as to say that it single handedly ruined the combat on this game.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

Give me a mouse and keyboard with freeaim and I'll be happy... however we are stuck with analog sticks so the slow akward unrealistic turn/aim movements will have to continue on. 

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

When you say that "my character should at least aim in the direction I'm facing", I'm pretty positive it Does work this way.

You character has headtracking, meaning their head will be pointing at the direction of the center of the camera. When you click right stick in to look behind, your character's head turns a bit, as if they were looking over their shoulder.

Whenever you aim your weapon (on foot) and bring up the crosshairs, they will be approximately aimed right at the center of the screen. If your character is facing left, but your camera angle is pointing the other way, when you draw, you'll be pointing the direction of the camera, not the way your character is facing.

But honestly, I can agree with you that free aim can be clunky at times, especially in close quarters. I think that each weapon should have a "Close Quarters Range", a very short range that your character would be able to lock onto a target, but anything past this will require actual free aim.

In reality, if you're point blank you don't even have to really "aim" as much as you can instinctively point and shoot, in that situation. I think a short range of about 8 feet, a couple yards is all it really needs, so you don't have to both fire aimlessly at each other at point blank range because you're both spastically strafing left to right trying not to get hit while at the same time trying to line up a f*cking shot. It gets ridiculous at times.

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by Liam2349, 16 November 2013 - 03:53 AM.

When you say that "my character should at least aim in the direction I'm facing", I'm pretty positive it Does work this way.

You character has headtracking, meaning their head will be pointing at the direction of the center of the camera. When you click right stick in to look behind, your character's head turns a bit, as if they were looking over their shoulder.

Whenever you aim your weapon (on foot) and bring up the crosshairs, they will be approximately aimed right at the center of the screen. If your character is facing left, but your camera angle is pointing the other way, when you draw, you'll be pointing the direction of the camera, not the way your character is facing.

But honestly, I can agree with you that free aim can be clunky at times, especially in close quarters. I think that each weapon should have a "Close Quarters Range", a very short range that your character would be able to lock onto a target, but anything past this will require actual free aim.

In reality, if you're point blank you don't even have to really "aim" as much as you can instinctively point and shoot, in that situation. I think a short range of about 8 feet, a couple yards is all it really needs, so you don't have to both fire aimlessly at each other at point blank range because you're both spastically strafing left to right trying not to get hit while at the same time trying to line up a f*cking shot. It gets ridiculous at times.

I can't believe you just suggested auto aim in free aim.... The whole point of free aim is to get away from that crap.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

this
also I think the armor should work more like in max payne 3 and just reduce damage taken instead of absorbing it and being destroyed
cuz that makes no sense
it should still take damage which will reduce it's protection
would also allow it to be a clothing item (again like in max payne 3) and respawn with you when you die

all of this makes more sense than it being a single use disposable item you have to buy at ammunation every single time

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

also I think the armor should work more like in max payne 3 and just reduce damage taken instead of absorbing it and being destroyed
cuz that makes no sense
it should still take damage which will reduce it's protection
would also allow it to be a clothing item (again like in max payne 3) and respawn with you when you die

all of this makes more sense than it being a single use disposable item you have to buy at ammunation every single time

Either way the vests need to be tougher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users