PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Los Santos really
Liberty is still a nice solid city, but when you get familiar with Los Santos, you think how limited the LC was.
  • Relax_and_Get_High likes this

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Liberty City was dull.

Stopped reading here, how the hell can you say it was dull?
because it's my opinion

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Los Santos really
Liberty is still a nice solid city, but when you get familiar with Los Santos, you think how limited the LC was.

I'm just going to disagree and say how so? No hard feelings, its just that I don't see how LC was more limiting when it allowed more interiors to be accessed, especially with TBoGT.

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Los Santos really

I'm just going to disagree and say how so? No hard feelings, its just that I don't see how LC was more limiting when it allowed more interiors to be accessed, especially with TBoGT.
out of the interiors LS doubles that by actual map be it mountains, golf courses, or even dams.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

I don't seem to find a reason on why more Interiors make a game even more appealing.

Yes there was exploration but that was that, exploration only, half of the time you would find yourself shooting down cops or just doing a bland Bar activity inside of there.

• Relax_and_Get_High likes this

Shayna
  • Shayna

Non-Stop Pop FM & Radio Mirror Park <3

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

Liberty City without a doubt. It was really well made living city with dense atmosphere. LS looks weak in comparison.

this.

that.

Liberty City's streets had a lot more character to them than Los Santos', although Los Santos does look more beautiful than LC to ride through. I like LC's gloomy aspect though, it fit so well

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

So this is the American Dream?

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

I don't seem to find a reason on why more Interiors make a game even more appealing.

Yes there was exploration but that was that, exploration only, half of the time you would find yourself shooting down cops or just doing a bland Bar activity inside of there.

Interiors make the city feel more in depth. I'm disappointed by the lack  in LS. I know GTA IV closed them off after missions, but GTA V does it on a whole new level and it really lacks random buildings. I've found buildings in Bohan I've never been in before. Sure they're nothing really special, but the fact they're there gives the city more character.

GTA V's LS is piss poor in that aspect. Most of its interiors are stores. Just look at the arena. It's only used in one mission and closed off forever. LC has the Libertonian Museum that can still be entered.

LS may look prettier, but for how long R* had it really isn't a major step up. I thought we'd see the return of shopping malls and airport interiors too. Maybe if R* didn't make the map mostly countryside we'd have a more interactive city because that's a bad thing right? LS is many aspects isn't as well thought as what LC was. Like it or not.

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:49 AM Edited by Relax_and_Get_High, 11 November 2013 - 02:51 AM.

Interiors make the city feel more in depth. I'm disappointed by the lack  in LS. I know GTA IV closed them off after missions, but GTA V does it on a whole new level and it really lacks random buildings. I've found buildings in Bohan I've never been in before. Sure they're nothing really special, but the fact they're there gives the city more character.

GTA V's LS is piss poor in that aspect. Most of its interiors are stores. Just look at the arena. It's only used in one mission and closed off forever. LC has the Libertonian Museum that can still be entered.

LS may look prettier, but for how long R* had it really isn't a major step up. I thought we'd see the return of shopping malls and airport interiors too. Maybe if R* didn't make the map mostly countryside we'd have a more interactive city because that's a bad thing right? LS is many aspects isn't as well thought as what LC was. Like it or not.
You speak as though it's fact. 'Like it or not.' Well system limitations has a lot to do with less interiors. No point in trying to explain though as your name sonofliberty and your sig and avatar surely tell me that anything I say to justify LS will be dismissed.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

So this is the American Dream?

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:03 AM

You speak as though it's fact. 'Like it or not.' Well system limitations has a lot to do with less interiors. No point in trying to explain though as your name sonofliberty and your sig and avatar surely tell me that anything I say to justify LS will be dismissed.

Please don't pull that limitations excuse. R* didn't have to make the map mostly countryside and could've put more effort into the city itself. Not a hard logic to understand.

While I'm more biased towards GTA IV/LC (Atleast I'm honest) I do think R* did do a good with LS, but it could've been so much more. I don't expect 90% of buildings to be enterable, but a few more than what we have isn't an unrealistic expectation.

The worst thing is people wanted SF and LV too. If R* could barely scrape the few interiors GTA V has the addition of SF and LV would've made every city feel like a cardboard cut out.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by StingrayX, 11 November 2013 - 03:20 AM.

Not everybody is like that. :dozing: Interiors make me feel more immersed and it makes the world feel more believable. You can look at a building and say, "Hey I can go in there" or "I could hide out from the cops in there if I ever need to". It was interesting to walk into the Gold, Lighner, & Shyster lobby in IV or the Majestic Hotel lobby, the hospitals, restaurants, even apartments.

@Relax_and_Get_High: "out of the interiors LS doubles that by actual map be it mountains, golf courses, or even dams."

Yeah, in your opinion! The mountains have nothing great to offer besides the isolation of Mount Gordo and the trails of Mount Chiliad. The golf *course* -- not courses -- isn't even that great. You can't drive a car onto it because you'll get two stars. It's all a bunch of green grass, sidewalks, and trees with no so interesting ponds. It's like a golf course in my city; who gives a damn, I don't like golfing that much so I forget it's there. And dams... so? So what?

I'm just saying, interiors make me feel more immersed. Rockstar make great interiors, just look at the ones from IV or the few they allow access to in V.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Both are great for their own reasons.

I liked Liberty City because it had a dark and grainy character similar to GTA III. But I always hated how so gloomy it was and how cold it was. I mean, I definitely liked the gritty character but didn't like it at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Los Santos is much more sunnier and a lot less depressing. I don't know, there's just a certain aura to Los Santos that I like it over Liberty City. I guess it's really your opinion. 

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Both cities.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Even though I believe that V is better, I think Liberty City remains the greatest city ever made in gaming to date.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users