Quantcast

» «
Photo

(SPOILERS) Are you upset about what Trevor did in his introduction?

29 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you upset/annoyed at a certain someone's appearance in Trevor's intro? (123 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you upset/annoyed at Johnny being killed by Trevor?

1. Yes, because they killed Johnny like he was a nobody. (10 votes [8.13%])

Percentage of vote: 8.13%

2. Yes, because Johnny was completely out of character. (19 votes [15.45%])

Percentage of vote: 15.45%

3. Yes, because it was a complete slap-in-the-face/middle finger/f*** you/(insert other form of disrepect here) to the TLAD and Johnny fans. (7 votes [5.69%])

Percentage of vote: 5.69%

4. Yes, because Johnny died way too easily and was a big wuss. (6 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

5. No, because Johnny had to be killed in order to make Trevor a badass/show how crazy he is. (16 votes [13.01%])

Percentage of vote: 13.01%

6. No, because I disliked Johnny. (8 votes [6.50%])

Percentage of vote: 6.50%

7. No, because Johnny was a nobody. (7 votes [5.69%])

Percentage of vote: 5.69%

8. You all need to stop crying about Johnny's death and get the f*** over it. (35 votes [28.46%])

Percentage of vote: 28.46%

9. Yes, and for different reasons from the ones listed above. (post them) (1 votes [0.81%])

Percentage of vote: 0.81%

10. No, and for different reasons from the ones listed above. (post them) (8 votes [6.50%])

Percentage of vote: 6.50%

11. I barely know Johnny/Who the hell's Johnny? (6 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Niobium
  • Niobium

TREVOR FANBOYS LIVES DON'T MATTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:26 PM Edited by nobum62, 31 October 2013 - 09:29 PM.

i made this poll to see how many people give a damn.

me personally, i feel that the way johnny was killed was really lame. johnny would not get back with ashley, he would stay away from meth and he would try to cut his ties with the lost. seeing him contradict himself in all three ways makes me think the writers have been drinking too much.

EDIT: god dammit! i forgot to make the damn poll multiple choice. so i guess, just select the biggest reason why you are upset/not upset about johnny's death.

if the mods can change the poll to multiple choice that would be appreciated

bigtor
  • bigtor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

No, Had it been any of the major past GTA characters i think maybe it would be different. Aside from the fact that a lot of people i know thought that TLAD was pretty low for R*/GTA standards and TBOGT was better of the two it goes to show R* are known for surprises and shaking things up when you least expect it, especially with V as there are so many things which really caught you off guard in the game.This included! So killing off/introducing past characters really develops the game in how the user if affected emotionally, as they are already familiar faces which everyone was really hoping to see! 

Just my 2p

BT

:r*:

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

He's R*s character. You don't have to like what they did with him but to say "he would never do x" implies you're the writer, not R*. I know we get very attached to the characters we play but its not an RPG. He wasn't 'ours'.

People go back to terrible, destructive relationships all the time. Former users go back to addictive, damaging drugs all the time. It sucks, but its plausible.

One side effect of what R* did is make me want to play through TLATD properly - I was trying to finish IV before V came out and didn't make it so I've only had a brief look at the episodes so far. So yes, all this is the opinion of someone who hasn't actually played it yet...

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

No, not really. Thought it was an excellent scene actually and I really liked lost and the damned. Was fitting as well since he has beef with the lost.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

No, but I always thought Johnny was kind of soft. 

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

No, Johnny wasn't really memorable to me. My only reaction was "Oh hey Johnny's dead."

Firebirdlmm79
  • Firebirdlmm79

BADMOFO

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

Ive never been a fan of Johnny but I did think it was pretty hilarious the way Trevor punked him because of how hard and tough they made him look on the previous series. But besides that they had to kill johnny or just not mention/show  him at all I also feel that there was a hidden message in the scene that says we are not going to rip you off by showing you the same f*ckING character(s) that you already saw/played as in the last game. 

Its just like all the people who are complaining because CJ or any of the other characters arent in this game. Trust ,me the only way CJ could make an appearance in this game is if they were going to kill him.

My point is who wants to play the same game twice? 

Trevor69
  • Trevor69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

I thought Johnny's death scene was freaking hilarious and it was a great introduction to Trevor's character.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Given that Johnny wasn't a drug addict, and he even WAS AGAINST it, plus tried to get Ashley out of that nightmare, while being a completely badass biker... yes, he was out of his character...

• Niobium likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

They had to make trevor look like a badass. I would have preferred it if johnny was at full strength, but would it have had NEARLY as much of an impact if he had killed some random ass thug?

Seriously, think about it. Would you have cared as much if it had been some random guy?

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

Everyone wants to stomp the brains out of a biker

Harce
  • Harce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

No cuz maybe he will be back as a zombie in the dlc...

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

They had to make trevor look like a badass. I would have preferred it if johnny was at full strength, but would it have had NEARLY as much of an impact if he had killed some random ass thug?

Seriously, think about it. Would you have cared as much if it had been some random guy?

Was kinda shocked when he killed him but wasn't sad about it. Thought it was funny how he pinked Johnny before stomping his brains in. And no I wouldn't have care nearly as much if it was some random guy.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

I liked johnny alot more than I did Luis. Would have rather seen trevor kill the sh*t out of Luis. 

Would have been really great if he killed both Luis and tony. 

but it was weird seeing Johnny that weak and submissive. It didnt feel proper

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

I'm not at all. Now if it was Luis Lopez instead, I would've cared.

glunark
  • glunark

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

Who was Johhny?

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

Johnny is not a good guy.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

He turned into an addict and was all "I still love her", and he was even taller than Trevor but couldn't put up a fight.

I think it was time to put old Johnny down, no?
  • bigtor likes this

Gingersnaps
  • Gingersnaps

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

I was like "Oh hey, it's Johnny!" And then I was like "Oh hey, Johnny just got his head stomped in!"

I thought it was perfect. It showed right off the bad just how unstable Trevor is.
  • KingPancakes likes this

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

No, because I don't really care who is killed. Anyway, what would've changed if Johnny wasn't dead? A lot of people for IV and EFLC died in V. #FACT

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 02 November 2013 - 05:02 PM.

R* has made a habit of killing off or retiring every previous protagonist before the next gen GTA game. In this case, GTA V is the first where a current protagonist kills a former one.  And in the intro scene of the first mission like that. If I didn't know better, I'd swear R* is going more Mafia II in how it treats its protagonists. :lol:

But with Niko and Luis apparently retired in LC, R* still had some loose ends left with Johnny.  So Johnny had to make way for Trevor (and the other 2 protagonists). That's the way it's always been in the GTA universe. 

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hurting over johnny shows how kids are overfed on their happy-ending hollywood muck. It was always gonna end this way. I loved how they did it and made sure to run over Ashley as well. That whole introduction sequence was just perfect.

hitrho5
  • hitrho5

The Big Red

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

I was like "Oh hey, it's Johnny!" And then I was like "Oh hey, Johnny just got his head stomped in!"

I thought it was perfect. It showed right off the bad just how unstable Trevor is.

I couldn't agree more. But I thought a little more into it.

Look at the ending of TLAD. Johnny had NOTHING left in LC! Most of his chapter ended up dead, he burnt down the clubhouse and disbanded what was left of the chapter, and all he had left was Brian's AWFUL house and $250k to his name. Then, he goes back to his useless, troublesome, junkie ex and ends up dead over her. It only seems appropriate that Johnny be put out of his misery. Unlike Niko and Luiz, he really had nothing to live for.

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

people are saying johnny was miserable and had nothing to live for, but you guys must realize suicide (or in this case having trevor kill you) is not the answer.

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

and you have his avatar, suspect. i think he creeped in to the thread

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Johnny had to go.  He was a dull character in the Lost and Damned.

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

and you have his avatar, suspect. i think he creeped in to the thread

wat

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by The GTA Guy, 08 November 2013 - 05:05 AM.

Johnny didn't die too easily, nor it was out of character either.

In my opinion, (Spoilers from TLaD ending), it's pretty reasonable. You remember the TLAD ending, where Johnny burned the clubhouse after killing Billy Grey, he was pretty sad in the scene(Well understandable). Might be that he went to Ahley to get comfort, or something, and Ash offered him some crystal and Johnny took it. You could see in Trev's intro that Johnny was pretty messed up - that wasn't booze anymore. And he also said that he still loves Ashley(Most likely drugs talking, they were both junkies in that part). So Johnny and Ash were doing drugs for years, at some point they moved to SA, took Lost with them(I just wonder how Johnny stayed as President of the MC for that long.. in his condition). Trevor met Ashley, he likes to f*ck, Johnny didn't like that, Trevor got pissed off, and killed Johnny. You remember the video, there was basically nothing Johnny could do in the situation(Maybe if he was sober he could've).

That's how I see it.

El Chinx Antrax is my hero ツ

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:46 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 08 November 2013 - 10:51 AM.

I voted now and was asked to post, why.
I state many times I only brought & got right into GTA5, so other GTA games I just borrowed or played when at buddy of mines houses if they had the game on relaxing and playing. So for me I know who JK was from the double pack BOGT and TLAD games but I never got into either games. It's not that bad they kill of characters is it? I mean it stop people from carrying on like they do with this, CJ, guy to be in next GTA games/DLC, etc.it's just best get on with new characters and enjoy the guest appearance from past ones. Even if they die or live.

Also, I seen plenty times in GTA5, CJ & two others are seen riding push bikes. You can choose to kill then or not. I doubt CJ coming around anytime soon in the future GTA games..or, DLC. Solo, at IGN, mention him and the guy who voices CJ are cousins. When he said the pair got something going on I don't think they mean with Franklin or CJ. Might be together on another game system doing voices or something musical? f*cked if I know but I know it's nothing that people over-reacted to CJ being DLC in GTA5, SP, mode. Maybe parent thing in MP?

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by lickylickyballbags, 08 November 2013 - 10:57 AM.

I voted now and was asked to post, why.
I state many times I only brought & got right into GTA5, so other GTA games I just borrowed or played when at buddy of mines houses if they had the game on relaxing and playing. So for me I know who JK was from the double pack BOGT and TLAD games but I never got into either games. It's not that bad they kill of characters is it? I mean it stop people from carrying on like they do with this, CJ, guy to be in next GTA games/DLC, etc.it's just best get on with new characters and enjoy the guest appearance from past ones. Even if they die or live.
Also, I seen plenty times in GTA5, CJ & two others are seen riding push bikes. You can choose to kill then or not. I doubt CJ coming around anytime soon in the future GTA games..or, DLC. Solo, at IGN, mention him and the guy who voices CJ are cousins. When he said the pair got something going on I don't think they mean with Franklin or CJ. Might be together on another game system doing voices or something musical? f*cked if I know but I know it's nothing that people over-reacted to CJ being DLC in GTA5, SP, mode. Maybe parent thing in MP?

so many dirty anus holes say brought instead of bought.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users