Quantcast

» «
Photo

[GTA IV and V Spoilers] Would you like a darker story in GTA 6?

30 replies to this topic
Near137
  • Near137

Near

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by Near137, 31 October 2013 - 08:13 PM.

I have completed both GTA IV and GTA V 100% and in my honest opinion, GTA V story is no match to GTA IV's. Do NOT get me wrong, it's just my opinion. I like GTA V, there's always something to do and GTA Online is very fun. But the story is

Spoiler
:

Spoiler

These being said, would you like a darker story in GTA 6 but with tons of stuff to do like in GTA V? I really wish to see a very interesting and dark story in the next major GTA, that makes you join the story and get attached to the characters.

• blakeney and PaletoChickenCapo like this

LILSPILLYUM
  • LILSPILLYUM

LILspillyum

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Yes, I liked gta v's story, as it was like a comedy. But I will say, I wish it was more gangsta. Like niko had the most badass crimestory since scareface. Like robbing the mob with packie and his brothers, man I miss that campaingn. I wish there wasent so much fib sh*t in the game, even if that plotline ended with the coolest sting ive ever seen at the museum

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 31 October 2013 - 10:00 PM.

its funny that people say V story is weak because of the fib involvement...

they always say that IV was better but they seem to forget that niko was pretty much everybodys bitch...

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

I liked the story to V, but it lacked the level of character development IV did, it was more so the way it was structured around Michael and Trevor's interaction (Franklin seemed pointless until the end).

That said, I do want a dark story for the next main installment. Rockstar need to start listening to their actual fans, as opposed to the casual gamers who will trade their game in after a month.
  • adictoGTA likes this

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

PS4 user.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:14 PM Edited by Gtaman_92, 31 October 2013 - 10:15 PM.

It depends on the location. I would hate to have a dark story but meanwhile Im playing in a sunny and vibrant city full of palm trees and beaches like Vice City. If it is set in a heavily urban area like Chicago then I am all for it.

CME117
  • CME117

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

I always like dark stories, so yes.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

I have completed both GTA IV and GTA V 100% and in my honest opinion, GTA V story is no match to GTA IV's. Do NOT get me wrong, it's just my opinion. I like GTA V, there's always something to do and GTA Online is very fun. But the story is

Spoiler
:

Spoiler

These being said, would you like a darker story in GTA 6 but with tons of stuff to do like in GTA V? I really wish to see a very interesting and dark story in the next major GTA, that makes you join the story and get attached to the characters.

I Agree, would be a perfect opportunity to take things to Carcer City... Our memories of that place are certainly dark, and even modern day Carcer City would still be a dark place (Especially up against LS/SA)!

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

It depends on the location. I would hate to have a dark story but meanwhile Im playing in a sunny and vibrant city full of palm trees and beaches like Vice City. If it is set in a heavily urban area like Chicago then I am all for it.

R*'s Chicago is Carcer City, where Manhunt was set... Perfect! :D

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

I enjoyed both stories, however, I WANT A LONG f*ckING SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN, ROCKSTAR, NOT 69 f*ckING MISSIONS.

• adictoGTA likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

I enjoy both but there was no way they would have done two dark and gritty GTAs in a row and especially not since that was a main complaint people had about IV. I would be happy with either one. 

Near137
  • Near137

Near

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:52 PM Edited by Near137, 01 November 2013 - 12:04 AM.

its funny that people say V story is weak because of the fib involvement...

they always say that IV was better but they seem to forget that niko was pretty much everybodys bitch...

Niko was everybody's b*tch? In my honest opinion, he IS the best GTA protagonist, R* did pretty well at writing his "past" that has affected the story a lot. He cared for his family and wanted the best for it. He was a bit "greedy" for money because he was always poor but he was also very brave, he didn't actually give a crap when 

Spoiler

I really hope the next GTA will have a very dark and long story, with strong characters, music, atmosphere that make you join the story and get attached to the characters -> like GTA IV did, but also with a lot of features.

Quality not quantity. I am a long-time fan and even though I have been playing other GTAs longer (well, except V), I still prefer GTA IV over all because of the story.

funkybub
  • funkybub

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

I felt pretty good at the end of GTA V though

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

GTA VI should have a dark and tense story. I don't know why, I just feel that would be good. They could even subliminally darken the tone by having it rain a lot, making conversations among pedestrians more sinister, giving people darker or duller clothes, etc..
However, a bright city would be equally awesome. Following up V, it would have to recreate the atmosphere while at the same time adding its own spin to the magic to completely feel.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

How about a bright and colorful location with a very dark story?

• GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY likes this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

^ Vice City

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by ExtremeLimitations, 01 November 2013 - 04:55 AM.

Here's my thumbs on the next GTA: set in lively cities such as Vice City and Las Venturas (I really want these two cities to be reimagine in a single game. Come on R*, I know you can do this) but with a very deep and complex storyline solidified with very long list of missions, probably around 150-300 missions (let's take the idea of multiple protagonists but this time with a very sensible list of missions). I agree with @Sleepy; GTA V has very short story despite having numerous characters to play with and therefore follow their history, though it wins best on SP features. I will also take the idea of @Sasqui and @Woggleman, set in a lively and colorful setting but comes with a very dark and complex story like GTA IV.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

Preferred V's story by far. IV was a good story but seemed too overly bleak. The tone bored me as well. I think they went way too overboard with the grit imo. I like V's because it's closer to past GTA stories, which I loved. I love that they don't take themselves too seriously but there's still some genius dialogue and narrative.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:11 AM Edited by jiggysaw, 01 November 2013 - 05:12 AM.

Spoiler
:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• DeafMetal likes this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

Spoiler
:

Spoiler

So, you want a darker story in VI ,but you are whining like a school girl when a character you like gets a really dark death/ending to their story? Grow up man.

Anyway, Yeah, I would like a darker story with more connectivity between the protags in VI. Though V has it's share of dark moments to be sure. I really liked Michael's depression he goes through after his wife and family leaves him a lot. Trevor's back story and insecurities and overall madness is very interesting, he seems like a cartoon character on the surface, but is actually a sad pathetic twisted child on the inside. Frank had some faint undertones of darkness in his life with dealing with his mom's death, jealous friends, and a spiteful aunt. I don't like his ex-girlfriend angle that much, due to the lacking of fleshing out of it. He seems shallow, but he has his problems, but he is too young to have experienced what T and M have.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

Yes a darker story would be good.

Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

GTA V is definitely and absolutely an incredibly independent title, I've played no game like it before and probably wont unless R* cranks out more games in this style, I mean at its core it's GTA, but otherwise it feels like a totally different game. The story, for me, didn't quite balance humor and darkness as accurately as I'd hoped but I personally still loved the story, the cut-scenes were like watching a movie, I remember half sh*tting myself the first time I saw Trevor in

Spoiler
just due to his general behavior, like the way
Spoiler
, the dialogue and what not was reaaally clever in subtle ways, but I guess I pick up on a lot of stuff like that as I myself write scripts and what not as a hobby.

BUT back on to the actual topic at hand here, I think I'd like a better balance between humor and darkness in the next GTA title, in GTA V it was like taking the piss out of its own drama, somewhat finding humor in the drama its self, which was done really well a couple of times but other times it felt kind of inconsistent and slightly forced. All in all, I love a dark story, and if R* choose to make their next game, GTA or not really dark then I'm all for it. 

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

Johnny was a f*cking cocksucker I was hoping he was killed off in TBOGT.

Near137
  • Near137

Near

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

So, you want a darker story in VI ,but you are whining like a school girl when a character you like gets a really dark death/ending to their story? Grow up man.

Funny thing, I didn't like Johnny but 

Spoiler
Anyways, get your facts right before saying something stupid again.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

The story in every GTA is crap. They should focus more on improving gameplay and adding more things to do rather than story.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 01 November 2013 - 09:15 PM.

i feel like the GTA V story was totally different than all the other GTA stories. All the other stories has the mob element somewhere where your working for them or against them etc. which brings that dark gritty feel. In V that whole element is missing aside a couple of the smaller missions.. Thats what made this a totally different feel than the other gta's it really had nothing to do with gangs, mafia, organizied crime etc. This game is more about the protags feelings and emotions. Maybe thats why there is so much homosexual stuff in this game cause R* went bitch with the story lol. Now dont get me wrong but i like this game and the story. But i wouldnt mind seeing it going back to the GTA styled stories we know and love

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Please do not think about the future GTAs, we have got now our "V" so...go on, we'll see.I'd like to see some nice quality DLC for singleplayer.

But no, not a more darker story, I'm very cool with something like V is.

Ankou
  • Ankou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by Ankou, 01 November 2013 - 11:50 PM.

I liked that GTA V had more ridiculous elements in it, wasnt as gloomy, dark or realistic as the GTAIV storyline, however i would preferred having more gang themed missions. however that isnt what the game was about, since all of the characters were already involved in the whole heists  Business. dark Story wouldnt have fitted the sunny, warm Environment of San Andreas to be honest.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

The criminals in V with the exception of maybe Franklin were more freelance instead of belonging to a gang or an organization. They have already milked the various crime families so why not have a story about a crew of bank robbers? 

BasicConduct
  • BasicConduct

Trevors Evil Twin

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

GTA V Story was too short didn't have too much excitement in it. I think they could've done more especially with three characters.. There wasn't too many options switching between the characters. I want something gritty and dark coming to GTA 6 something a bit more serious with some small comedy like previous GTA's but it would be nice.

Just back to one character though because three characters was nice but not amazing.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

hell yeah Niko's story was by far the best of them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users