Photo

''Joined six hours ago''

32 replies to this topic
Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by Cyper, 31 October 2013 - 05:50 PM.

I registered on this board back in 2008. I'm not really that active. Since GTA IV I have seen many different opinions that people have on these games. What I also have noticed is that when someone complain about X or Y in GTA - no matter what the subject is, no matter how good or bad someone make their argument - there is always someone who must point out something like ''Joined six hours ago'' or ''I have been playing GTA since year X, therefore....''. Well that's good for you then. I have been playing GTA since it was released to PC in 1997. But that doesn't make my arguments more solid than someone's else. If there is something wrong with how people make their point then that's what's relevant. It's irrelevant whenever you've been registered on this board for five years or for six hours. Besides, there is a lot of people who recently have registered that have played the gta franchise for a long time.

• Duxfever, Bonnano, 727gta and 1 other like this

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

I understand you clearly bro.

mitchskaterr
  • mitchskaterr

Gamer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by mitchskaterr, 31 October 2013 - 05:54 PM.

i agree with you 100%, although it's pretty cool seeing someone talking on the forum who joined in like 2003 or something like that :p!

dav1980 rfc
  • dav1980 rfc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

Well said fella. I dont post much but I have noticed that type of comment on many threads. It does say more about the person saying it than anything else.

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

::Look at join date::

Uhh, you joined in 2008. GTAIV was already released. You have no credibility since you're so new-ish.

• Anzand17 likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

I agree. I've been here many many moons. My join date is inaccurate and irrelevant. I've been playing since I bought GTA 1 on PS1. Around here, if you've only been a member for 6 months or less, you are a troll and/or don't have a valid opinion. That seems to be the politics here anyways.

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

::Look at join date::

Uhh, you joined in 2008. GTAIV was already released. You have no credibility since you're so new-ish.

He joined 3 months before GTA4 came out. Regardless, join dates don't mean sh*t.
  • Vagos MC likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

First time I'm seeing a topic like this. Not sure if good...

It's still nice, as mentioned, to see members from 2003 or even 2005. I've been here since 2007 and I still consider myself somewhat new. I think your opinion here (at least, as far as I've experienced) is ignored by most. People look at topics and read your first post. If they like it, they'll respond with a high opinion of themselves or respond with a hint of respect. Once your name gets recognized, though, people answer you with real respect, with credit, even if they have no clue what you did. They're just following the elders.

GtaForums is a weird love-hate relationship because it's got such a big number of users that come and go, it's hard to take anyone seriously here. That said, join dates are really a marker on when you decided to sign up and shouldn't make your opinion better or not. I won't agree with a 2003 just because he's been here for a decade. I'll agree if his opinion matches mine. Keep in mind, though, that a forum is made of opinions so at least try to respect those of others. ;)

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

been a fan since 1997 :lol:

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

That sort of comment is more alluding to the possibility that since the member recently joined the board, it's quite probable they have simply joined up to troll and hate on the game in order to get a reaction and 9 times out of 10, that is the case.

• John Smith likes this

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Been a fan since 1977 :lol:

uUHQRfb.jpg

• M0B5TA likes this

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yup, Ron Howard did once have hair... :D

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Well said. Unfortunately, it seems, this forum will always have sh*t like that said. Maybe it'll go away when the V section dies down and becomes as civil as the IV section, well before it became mostly vacant.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Well I'm been playing GTA since 2001.

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

been gta player since 2003, never was very forum active kind of guy and just decided to join for GTAV, my account from 2011 got banned and here's me. Not making any arguments, join date dont mean sh*t

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

This is the first entry in google when you type in gta 5 forums. So your going to get more people around the release dates of the games as  people are research issues, have questions, or want to just talk about the game in general.

The fact they joined X hr/day/weeks/years ago doesn't make their opinion more relevant. It's not the age of the account its the maturity of the individual pushing on the keyboard.

Over time the whining will slow down. However, it doesn't help when people with the "old timers" syndrome think they can slam someone who wants to vent for a second or two. It's a forum don't read topics you don't like. I skip over most.

I tried to use the search when I got here, but the topics rarely stay on subject and over 3/4 of it is bashing the OP and nothing getting addressed. Even if you provide a link to a similar thread you saw would be better than the "Cool Story Bro", "Did Not Read", etc. type responses that people give, and please for the love of god get over the caption pictures. It's retarded and the fact you search/make them to post is a waste of time.

That is all...

sananoutlaw
  • sananoutlaw

SA player

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by sananoutlaw, 31 October 2013 - 10:16 PM.

It does seem a lot of people look at join date even before reading OP & especially will if they disagree, which is a shame. But also "joined a day ago" etc... is at the same time where you'll also see a lot of troll posts, but actual opinions have nothing to do with join date (obviously).

I'm a 06' member so you must take everything I said on board :p

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

This place is full of trolls. This is old news.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Judging people by their join date is wrong.

I prefer to judge people by their avatars and usernames.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

But the OP feels obligated to put "Liberty City Lover Since 2001" as his member title.

bread
  • bread

Nutrition Facts not needed

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Same, along with their signatures.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

I been a long but very long lurker here in the forums though, I never  in my right mind signed up. I don't know why but I just never did.  I lurked around here in when vice city was out. man I loved this place, I Still do . Since then its changed, a lot I mean a lot. it was more civil When the "Trolls" didn't exist or when 11 year olds actually acted like adults. I don't often Judge the Newbies a lot, but when it gets out of hand, I have to enforce the rules. Haha, I still remember when I Got my Backseat Moderation Warning from a great LEGENDARY forumer like Adriaan. Sheez, I wish these newbies knew what type of forum leader Adriaan was. He'll put them in their place!!!. I guess some of you guys remember Zidane or our Whiskey lover Zee Heck?? what happen to greenrock?? what fun times..  I guess the Join date doesn't mean a lot but, hey.. sometimes the Join date can transpire that you're either a troll, or going to be a great contributor to this forum.  To sum it up, Its a two way street. It sometimes doesn't matter if you're a minute new to this great forum or a 10 year Vet, its how you respect this great forum and other forumers..

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Is this the same as everybody else's preferred judgement?

I guess I don't stand much of a chance then.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 31 October 2013 - 11:28 PM.

That sort of comment is more alluding to the possibility that since the member recently joined the board, it's quite probable they have simply joined up to troll and hate on the game in order to get a reaction and 9 times out of 10, that is the case.

Do they (the "trolls") admit to hating the game to get a reaction? A lot of members (especially younger ones or learning ESL people) have trouble getting their point across clearly, so they sound like they're trolling sometimes.

A lot of the time the people who point out the join dates have nothing else to say, except the occasional "/thread". If you've got solid refutations you shouldn't need to point out that the other guy's a troll anyway.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:08 AM Edited by StingrayX, 01 November 2013 - 11:43 AM.

That ain't right. You should judge people by their member titles and posting times.

Oh man on my other account I was often judged by how much I posted.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

The truth is though if you've been around for a few years you're less likely to be a f*ckwit because if you were you would've been banned by now.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

I'm gonna take a guess that this was said in the GTA:V section, I wouldn't take anything seriously in there as its knee deep in stupidity.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I ignore any post from anyone with a join date even one second after mine.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I ignore any post from anyone with a join date even one second after mine.

I'm hurt, Addy. I'm hurt.

Rusty Shackleford
  • Rusty Shackleford

Donkey Punch Champion

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

This is correct.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users