7 replies to this topic
Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Would it be possible to have somebody's previous username as a part of the information that appears when you hover the mouse over their username in a post? Would make it a lot quicker than having to go to each person's profile when you see someone you don't recognize. When we get to the point where people might have had multiple name changes, only the latest one could be shown. Just an idea I thought of.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

The only way is to hover over the names listed in "X users reading this". It shows the old name, when box pops up, it shows new name.

...or by looking into my profile :whistle:

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

I wish I could view someone's username history on the mobile site, but I can't. I don't know who's who anymore because of that unless I switch to the full site, which is a pain. To me every new username is a newcomer, like SonOfLiberty (who I just found out is in fact Miamivicecity lol)

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:55 AM Edited by MindCorrupt, 04 November 2013 - 01:56 AM.

I wish I could view someone's username history on the mobile site, but I can't. I don't know who's who anymore because of that unless I switch to the full site, which is a pain. To me every new username is a newcomer, like SonOfLiberty (who I just found out is in fact Miamivicecity lol)

Not having an issue on the iPad although sometimes it squashes the page from right to left blocking out any buttons or content on that side when browsing a profile.

Edit - Can't seem to be able to replicate it again now to get a screenshot lol. Although this iPad got update to the new iOS last night so that might of been the solution.

What device are you on?

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:40 AM Edited by Werebot85, 06 November 2013 - 01:52 PM.

What device are you on?

Blackberry. I've been using this phone for little less than a year now, but I'll be switching to something else early next year when I'm eligible for an upgrade on my current contract. I'm open for suggestions lol...

I'm not a big fan of tablets, but who knows, I might get an iPad out of the deal too. They usually offer these "gifts" with an upgrade over here. I'll only take one if I can get it for free :)

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Well, a nickname system would be okay. Like for instance each user can change another person's user name just for them, so only that user would see it. Like for instance I could change Werebot85's name to Bill. I would see it as Bill, but everyone else would see Werebot85. I think this could help as you could just give everyone their original name, would also be good for members you know personally.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

Well, a nickname system would be okay. Like for instance each user can change another person's user name just for them, so only that user would see it. Like for instance I could change Werebot85's name to Bill. I would see it as Bill, but everyone else would see Werebot85. I think this could help as you could just give everyone their original name, would also be good for members you know personally.

This......

That's what we need.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

To complicate things even further I've had to log in anonymously because my log in name is still Miamivicecity and that's what shows up in the members list so if I forget to log in anonymously and make a post in regards to moderating or something I'm Miamivicecity in the member list and SonOfLiberty when I post.

Mind= blown lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users