Photo

The Jet Runs Out Of Fuel

32 replies to this topic
iTigerzzHD
  • iTigerzzHD

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

So I am attempting to get the Lazer Jet into my garage by doing that glitch.

However, the jet keeps running out of fuel by the time I reach my garage.

Any solutions to this?

j0hn_d0e
  • j0hn_d0e

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Use Diesel.

DrShinyPig
  • DrShinyPig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

No it doesnt run out of fuel, your just pushing it too hard and breaking the engines...

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

No it doesnt run out of fuel, your just pushing it too hard and breaking the engines...

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Use Diesel.

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

is that true?

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Its true, using full throttle excessively will make it sputter and eventually cease up and crash.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Its true, using full throttle excessively will make it sputter and eventually cease up and crash.

What's the difference here? 

If it's sputtering, it's running out of fuel. Full throttle excessively uses all the fuel....engine sputters, runs out of gas, ceases up and crashes. 

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Also be sure you put the landing gear up after takeoff. I see WAY too many people forget it

interesting
  • interesting

Pilot

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

No they don't run out. HOWEVER if you fire off 2 missiles at the same time while full throttle the engine will sputter. 

I find if the engine seems to be cutting out release and pull the trigger a few times to re-start the engine. 

I've flown around for hours until I stopped paying attention and hit a mountain.

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by KennethMBB, 31 October 2013 - 05:21 PM.

Your jet gets shot and it will die shortly after. Sometimes it only takes one shot for it to do this, also make sure you come off the runway clean. I sometimes hit the jeeps/tractors coming out of the fort because they drive in front of you.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

That happens if you damage the jet.

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Both jet and copter engines can cease. Copter gives you an alarm to let you know to bail out, not sure about the jet.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

No alarm on the jet unless it's seriously damaged. It just sputters a few times and eventually won't start up after sputtering out. All airplanes do this actually.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Both jet and copter engines can cease. Copter gives you an alarm to let you know to bail out, not sure about the jet.

You're assuming he's actually in the air and not driving around the streets trying to get to his garage. Yeah stop hitting sh*t and your jet won't crap out on you. I've never had a chopper run out of fuel that I didn't smash up at least once.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Use Diesel.

Use fast food oil.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

Its true, I stole one and landed the thing in Los Santos International Airport.  Waited for my homie because he wanted to fly it, he can't get it as easily as I can.  So I saw him take off flying high, the thing turns off and he's screaming in the mic saying sh*t like "f*ck, it turned off."  Saw the jet go down from where I was at, hilarious sh*t if you ask me.  It was just a, "you had to be there" kind of moment.

• GTAVTheHeat and Supashroomz like this

ton10
  • ton10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

The jet will not run out of fuel unless it's damaged, in which case it's still not running out of fuel, the engine just won't start. No vehicles in the game run out of fuel unless the cap/tank has been shot, and as far as I know this isn't a possible scenario with the jet.

Supashroomz
  • Supashroomz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

Its true, I stole one and landed the thing in Los Santos International Airport.  Waited for my homie because he wanted to fly it, he can't get it as easily as I can.  So I saw him take off flying high, the thing turns off and he's screaming in the mic saying sh*t like "f*ck, it turned off."  Saw the jet go down from where I was at, hilarious sh*t if you ask me.  It was just a, "you had to be there" kind of moment.

cool story bro

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:30 AM Edited by AzraelX, 01 November 2013 - 04:32 AM.

When you're taxiing the jet, try not to reverse. That's typically when it stalls, which is why a lot of people have it happen right in front of their garage, when they start to reverse to align it properly.

The best way to avoid it is to land the jet as close as possible. I landed it on the road directly in front of the 400k apartment, I only had to taxi it about 20 feet. I did that because it stalled twice right in front of my garage, when I'd landed it a couple streets away. The second time I pushed it into position with another vehicle, but a stalled jet won't let you teleport inside it, unfortunately.

And yeah, as others have said, it's just the engine dying. For all intents and purposes, vehicles don't run on gas.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

The jet will not run out of fuel unless it's damaged, in which case it's still not running out of fuel, the engine just won't start. No vehicles in the game run out of fuel unless the cap/tank has been shot, and as far as I know this isn't a possible scenario with the jet.

you can run out f fuel if you keep on using afterburners (i had it happen to me, i stole a jet from fort zancudo while i was doing a mission for martain where i had to kill a target, i take off in a jet with afterburners going and i destroy a cargo jet then i have to kill an enemy i only make it half way with afterburners going and i run out of fuel and engines cut out and i crash and die).

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

you can run out f fuel if you keep on using afterburners (i had it happen to me, i stole a jet from fort zancudo while i was doing a mission for martain where i had to kill a target, i take off in a jet with afterburners going and i destroy a cargo jet then i have to kill an enemy i only make it half way with afterburners going and i run out of fuel and engines cut out and i crash and die).

I have been flying for like an hour with afterburner and didn't have any problems. I just guess you're slamming the brake so hard that you're cutting the engine when trying t land.
  • ton10 likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

I have been flying for like an hour with afterburner and didn't have any problems. I just guess you're slamming the brake so hard that you're cutting the engine when trying t land.

nope i wasn't breaking i ran out of fuel while using afterburners on my way to a target.

ton10
  • ton10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

nope i wasn't breaking i ran out of fuel while using afterburners on my way to a target.

You're incorrect in your thinking. It takes some skill to get out of the military base with a completely bullet-free jet. I've looked through the game's files, vehicles do have fuel values however this only is for when the tank/gas cap has been shot at and is subsequently leaking. The "afterburner" (acceleration) can be used indefinitely as long as the jet is not damaged beyond engine failure. Please stop repeating your information as if it is fact.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

I've done this mission a few times, full afterburner all the way, it's not fuel, your engine got shot up on the way out.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by Omnifarious, 01 November 2013 - 07:17 PM.

People, it's strictly damage based. I've flown for hours on end with the afterburners going. The only times my jets have ever sputtered out and died, were during a full brake in the air, killing the engines, and after receiving bullet/missile/object damage. (At this point, the engines were black with smoke and on fire.)

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

For me if I brake too hard for too long the engine cuts out. If its damaged with black smoke coming from the back end it will eventually become non flyable but rather becomes a big heavy glider.

michaljerzy86
  • michaljerzy86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

There's no such thing as running out of fuel in the game...There are only two instances where the jet will cease to work as I think others may have pointed out. 

1) You get shot or damage it enough, when that happens black smoke will appear and eventually it'll stop working and spiral into doom.

2) You don't use the throttle enough and it stalls.  This is either done by breaking for too long, or slowing down too much by not applying any throttle (I don't even know if that's the right word to use I just like it). When it stalls in this instance, all you have to do is hold down the throttle ( :panic: ) and it'll come back to life.  This isn't a viable option when you're low to the ground though. 

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

you could always STOP trying to stick a jet in a garage...no? ok

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

I believe its damage and/or getting your gas tank shot. I've flown for hours on a mint jet with full throttle but lasted 10 minutes on one that got shot a few times but didn't show any smoke or damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users