Photo

Sandking Suspension

44 replies to this topic
haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by haythem09, 31 October 2013 - 05:07 PM.

So usually I go for the top Suspension I can get but it lowers your ride height...

Now I know this will lower center of gravity, increase downforce which will improve handling but what If I want to reck sh*t up? Would Higher be the way to go? Also those Fuel tanks, who uses them? I'd imagine it increases mass so I think I might put them on.

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by KennethMBB, 31 October 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Visual mods don't do anything to a vehicle aside from being a visual piece(they are physical). Lowering the suspension doesn't do anything aside from lowering the suspension. I did a test with the suspension on the SK-XL and found nothing changed on it aside from the point it becomes water logged. I must say it looks better lowered, but you lose ground clearance and the water logged level is lowered.

Slamming tea
  • Slamming tea

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Actually lowering it does create better handling and cornering.
  • NudasPriest, jtet37 and ZeroSafe5615 like this

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Actually lowering it does create better handling and cornering.

Actually no. 

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Slamming tea
  • Slamming tea

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

What ever you say but here's a quote right out of the Brady games gta 5 strategy guide "suspension does not affect any of the base vehicle stats, but it does change the handling of your vehicle by giving it a lower center of gravity, improving its cornering ability."
  • NudasPriest, sam1ches, jtet37 and 1 other like this

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I don't know if lowering the suspension does anything performance-speaking, but if it does its very minimal to the point i don't notice it.

I'd say keep it raised so you can clear rocks or cars easier, that's the whole point of the truck i think lol
  • XJpostman, jtet37, snilsson and 3 others like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

I never lower the sandking cause I use it mainly to drive over areas that are filled with obstacles. I also never get the fuel tanks cause they'll rub on objects under the vehicle when I'm trying to climb over something difficult. My advice is don't upgrade the suspension and don't buy the fuel tanks if you plan on using it offroad in any serious capacity.

• livejoker likes this

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

What ever you say but here's a quote right out of the Brady games gta 5 strategy guide "suspension does not affect any of the base vehicle stats, but it does change the handling of your vehicle by giving it a lower center of gravity, improving its cornering ability."

Brady can say whatever they want, most the time I find their information on vehicles to be incorrect as they just go with what they would assume it should be like. Like I said, I've done test with the XL an found it to turn exactly the same and in an average run through a corner. It might help it not flip over as easy, but that is about it.

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

It lowers the car so in some cases it decreases the body roll, so only some cars actually benefit from the lowered suspension.

If you got a car with stock suspension and it spins out around corners then lower it, if not then its fine the way it or you can lower it for cosmetic reasons.

Slamming tea
  • Slamming tea

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I just like proving you wrong. Im sure you know more then the actual Stratagy guide and I'm sure your testing is top notch haha. Not
  • kstowe and Bgw4l like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Brady can say whatever they want, most the time I find their information on vehicles to be incorrect as they just go with what they would assume it should be like. Like I said, I've done test with the XL an found it to turn exactly the same and in an average run through a corner. It might help it not flip over as easy, but that is about it.

The stats you see in the garage when you alter the vehicle and the stats you see in a race are different. I suspect the suspension does make a difference but it's difficult to know how much of a difference it makes as the stats aren't accurate.

For example I have a Bati 801 fully modded. In the garage it's acceleration is off the charts, It's completely full bar at the garage, yet in a race, the stats on the bike show high acceleration but it's not full. There's still room for it to be faster if more mods were available for it. So even though the stats don't show a difference at the garage I suspect that it would make a difference.

OffroadRunner
  • OffroadRunner

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Suspension takes a roll in specific cars like stated above. Drive the entity without it, then with it. You can clearly tell a huge difference.. With something like that sandking I highly doubt it would make much if any difference. Same with the Merryweather jeeps. It slightly stops it from tipping as easy but that's about it.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

The whole point is moot if you are using a SandKing for its intended purpose, lol.

Who the hell buys strategy guides when you can find any info you want for free online?

• bootswitdafur likes this

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Placebo effect...

• chili27 likes this

Slamming tea
  • Slamming tea

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

I don't know who buys one. But when u get it free there's really no reason to turn it down.

pcasupreme
  • pcasupreme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

I've definitely tested the lower suspension vs a not as low suspension and it does affect your handling/cornering.. 

• jtet37 likes this

OwensRacing
  • OwensRacing

LSAT

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

The lowered suspension does indeed change the driving characteristics of vehicles. To say it doesnt tells me how little you know about driving and how disconnected from the game you are, This is coming from a top level SIM Racer. I know cars and know handling and know how to drive. 

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by haythem09, 31 October 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Lowering suspension does change the way a car handles, just by the fact that it's lower, changes it. While GTA V isn't GT5, it still has a lot of detail in cars and physics. Also I see oversuse of people saying "Placebo effect" to everything. The only time I can think that Placebo is questionable is with the customizable tyres.

As for the Fuel-tanks, they may get in the way. You don't even have to refuel so they're kind of pointless when they actually make the truck look worse in my opinion.

Buckledown
  • Buckledown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

I doubt anyone in their right mind would use the Sandking for an actual race. Maybe an impromptu race. In that case though off-roading would be the only way to win. The suspension does effect the handling of most cars but I think for off-road it's more of a personal preference with little relevant change. 

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by Born_Homicidal, 31 October 2013 - 11:10 PM.

if you lower the suspension on a sandking i must say you are no longer a man, at least just limit yourself to the 1st or second suspension level, sandkings are meant to be lifted.

i use the Fuel tank and to be honest i feel like it holds my truck back a bit when it comes to rocks and off road trails due to the tank not allowing space..

Imagine a rock under the fuel tank.. it probably would get me stuck... (fuel tank is just for looks, not reccomended for off-road use) although i have used it off road with no problems

0_0.jpg

TrevorsShoe
  • TrevorsShoe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

I bet most of the people on this forum don't even know what muffler bearings are.

LOL

• Tantrix, Neal Fargo, bootswitdafur and 1 other like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

If you're smart, you'd leave your height on stock, that way you can clear obstacles in the game easier than most vehicles. Such as highway barriers, guardrails, etc. Comes in handy when evading the police or a griefer.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

I bet most of the people on this forum don't even know what muffler bearings are.

LOL

LMFAO...I'm seriously wondering how many people actually Googled that after you posted it.  Good job...lol

cwickings
  • cwickings

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

I realize this is an old post, but I'm somewhat new to the game and an avid offroader in game.  The suspension does make a difference.  Stock is too soft, makes you more tipsy when offroading.  But completely lowered not only lowers your ground clearance, but also makes it slightly easier to drown when treading through water.  I set mine at the second level for a little more stability and still some decent ability to tread water.

Matty079
  • Matty079

Slammed Schwartzer Slidin

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

I realize this is an old post, but I'm somewhat new to the game and an avid offroader in game.  The suspension does make a difference.  Stock is too soft, makes you more tipsy when offroading.  But completely lowered not only lowers your ground clearance, but also makes it slightly easier to drown when treading through water.  I set mine at the second level for a little more stability and still some decent ability to tread water.

Very old thread.

I run stock suspension on the sandking for max clearance. Never had any issues with tipping over. Just go slower and take better lines. clearance is king!
  • XJpostman likes this

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

The lowered suspension does indeed change the driving characteristics of vehicles. To say it doesnt tells me how little you know about driving and how disconnected from the game you are, This is coming from a top level SIM Racer. I know cars and know handling and know how to drive. 

This made me lol so hard...

You think soft is too soft because it has more range for it to move, you lower the truck is has less range to move. So when you take a jump with it lowered, you're grounding out quicker than stock suspension. This is just like all the other super cars, people think lowering the suspension makes it "stiffer" but in all reality its just making the car bottom out most of the time because there isn't anymore travel left in the suspension. And of course lowering the vehicle will help it not tip over as easy(this does help the merry weather jeep in turns), but as far as taking a turn better like I said previously its just a placebo effect. Only effects is causes is less ground clearance and lower water logged level.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

As for the Fuel-tanks, they may get in the way. You don't even have to refuel so they're kind of pointless when they actually make the truck look worse in my opinion.

Yep.. the Sandking is completely useless offroad with those fuel tanks... and really, it's like we have to fill up in this game lol.

Da_WickedJester
  • Da_WickedJester

Why So Serious Mafia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

Be awesome if you could put monster tires on the Sandking lol.

joejuggernaut
  • joejuggernaut

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

Sorry but no, lowering the car gives you a lower center of mass. It has been confirmed by the hackers just like tires give a cock solid 5% grip in there terms other then tuners.

This made me lol so hard...

You think soft is too soft because it has more range for it to move, you lower the truck is has less range to move. So when you take a jump with it lowered, you're grounding out quicker than stock suspension. This is just like all the other super cars, people think lowering the suspension makes it "stiffer" but in all reality its just making the car bottom out most of the time because there isn't anymore travel left in the suspension. And of course lowering the vehicle will help it not tip over as easy(this does help the merry weather jeep in turns), but as far as taking a turn better like I said previously its just a placebo effect. Only effects is causes is less ground clearance and lower water logged level.

You sir don't understand your "test" don't mean sh*t. The in game code proves everything not you saying your right they are wrong. Go to sevensins, all the info on how cars work and what mods do what are on There. Take your human errror and stop lieing to these good people. Please tell me when you are right and the gamecode is wrong.

Lowering suspension does change the way a car handles, just by the fact that it's lower, changes it. While GTA V isn't GT5, it still has a lot of detail in cars and physics. Also I see oversuse of people saying "Placebo effect" to everything. The only time I can think that Placebo is questionable is with the customizable tyres.

Just letting you know the tires give a 5% bonus to terrain. It was found in The game code like 5 months ago

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

The options for the Sandking and other off-road vehicles should be the access to make them higher, not to lower them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users