» «
Photo

Just bought a mic...

5 replies to this topic
Katrina90
  • Katrina90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:04 PM Edited by Katrina90, 31 October 2013 - 02:13 PM.

And i'm just wondering what i'm supposed to hear through the mic. Am i supposed to only hear other players talking through the mic or all of the other noises too? Gunshots, music etc?

Can't seem to connect it to the game either. I can hear the mic click when i change the volume but i still just hear other players from the tv.

In the game settings it says that it's connected, so weird...

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Not all microphones come with the ability to transfer in game sound through microphones. You may have bought the wrong product. First, check the box for its capabilities. Or search it online. Reply back here and I can further help you.

Katrina90
  • Katrina90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by Katrina90, 31 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Not all microphones come with the ability to transfer in game sound through microphones. You may have bought the wrong product. First, check the box for its capabilities. Or search it online. Reply back here and I can further help you.

I just bought the cheapest one to try playing with a mic. I bought this one 

Can't really find much info on it online. 

And one more thing, if the mic is working, should i see the mic signal flash next to my name? like i see on other people when they speak?

Btw, thanks for your help :)

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 31 October 2013 - 03:49 PM.

I only know about the official PS3 Bluetooth 2.0 ear headphone.

Basically you plug it in the dock / or free, connect to console - go accessories and somewhere it should see it and follow the menus, will pair it. I am using it in HQ mode and people say it is heard just fine. There are some horror stories and some nonsense about non-HQ and the need to pair it manually, via SCAN and not wire, but I didn`t need that. So, for me, it is 100% paired with my console and I don`t have to pair it at each restart.

From then on, it is as simple as turning it on and off via power button. It will automatically be recognized and active. This headset gives only voice in the ear, not anything else.

If anything, follow the install instructions from the headset box.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Different mics work differently. Try sending a voice message to test.

Katrina90
  • Katrina90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

It works now! Tried doing a voice chat and was prompted to connect the mic again or something like that. Thanks alot :) !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users