Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which television to buy? Which do you have?

5 replies to this topic
K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

I'm looking to upgrade the main home TV with a newer model. Currently got the Philips 42PF9966. Been about 10 years. Got it for about £2k.

Need about 2-3 HDMI ports, one scart, and AV connection. In built WIFI with all the Youtube and other apps. maybe about 55-60 inch. and looking to spend again £2k. Quality has to be good. and the TV should last another 10 years or so. 

I've had people tell me to wait until next year for 4K quality TV's. which is the next big thing. but i was hoping to get the TV with the next gen consoles.

So which do you recommend, and which one do you guys have, so i can get ideas. Or should i wait till next year?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

You are mentioning youtube and all those other good apps, I have a smart TV Panasonic and can get those, but they're cruddy, so if you want a smart TV, avoid panasonic. Samsung is the best for Smart TV and LG not far behind, how important are the smart functions for you?

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Had my tv for as long as I can rember.. Was given to me.. It was made in 1996, yup.

So uh.. I guess that means I cant really be any help? Hell I dont know what the diffrence betwene LCD and plasma is.

Only thing I can say is Panasonic is said to be more reliable peopel say, and my 96 tv is one of them too.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

You are mentioning youtube and all those other good apps, I have a smart TV Panasonic and can get those, but they're cruddy, so if you want a smart TV, avoid panasonic. Samsung is the best for Smart TV and LG not far behind, how important are the smart functions for you?

well i want smart for surfing the net, watching youtube/bbc iplayer/ other stuff i want to see. so i'd say little important. quality of image is the big factor.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:45 AM Edited by F4L?, 02 November 2013 - 09:15 AM.

well i want smart for surfing the net, watching youtube/bbc iplayer/ other stuff i want to see. so i'd say little important. quality of image is the big factor.

Alright, great.
Give me another day, and tomorrow evening i'll go do some research for you and see what I can come up with. If you could post some links to the online websites of stores that you live near, that would be great, because then I have specific models to work with.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

stores i have are currys.co.uk, they are the only ones who have all the TVs on their website on display to see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users