Photo

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Video Game

131 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:21 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 01 May 2014 - 02:23 AM.

I disagree I think Shattered Dimensions was pretty up there. May have not been open world but a good game nonetheless. Judging from the reception this game is getting I'm shocked that its the same Dev.

How? It was so repetitive and boring I couldn't even finish it. 

You follow a linear path beating up henchmen, fight the boss at the end, then do the same thing as a different Spider-man. 

I'd rather watch paint dry than play that game again.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

Amazing Spiderman 1 on the last gen would have been close to SM2 if only the web mechanics weren't so broken, nor the fact that there was barely anything to do after the story. I guess that's just what I think. I had so much fun with that game, shame it ended.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

I disagree I think Shattered Dimensions was pretty up there. May have not been open world but a good game nonetheless. Judging from the reception this game is getting I'm shocked that its the same Dev.

How? It was so repetitive and boring I couldn't even finish it. 
You follow a linear path beating up henchmen, fight the boss at the end, then do the same thing as a different Spider-man. 
I'd rather watch paint dry than play that game again.

I found it fun. Thought the boss fights were fun. I'm a Spidey fan so I may be a bit biased. :p

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

I just reinstalled Web of Shadows. It's the best Spidey game. I know that everyone keeps going on and on about Spider-Man 2, but Web of Shadows is a better game. It's the only Spidey game with a good combat system. Not to mention that it's based on the animated series. And it doesn't matter that webs don't always attach to buildings, it's still a far superior web swinging experience than in any game before or after it.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:08 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 01 May 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Any web swinging is better than the one used in the game based on the first movie. :p

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

I don't think it was ever about the webs attaching to buildings.

It was always about the game giving the player a feeling of speed, agility and generally being a superhero... Swinging above everyone else.

"Can he swing, from a thread? Take a look overhead"

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

I just reinstalled Web of Shadows. It's the best Spidey game. I know that everyone keeps going on and on about Spider-Man 2, but Web of Shadows is a better game. It's the only Spidey game with a good combat system. Not to mention that it's based on the animated series. And it doesn't matter that webs don't always attach to buildings, it's still a far superior web swinging experience than in any game before or after it.

I also like Web of Shadows. I wouldn't exactly call it a better game though.

I think both games are good when it comes to combat and web swinging. But in terms of story I'd have to give it up to Spider-man 2.

It's a shame the studio that developed the game was shutdown by Activision. I heard they were making a sequel at the time they were closed down. 

Like Mercenaries 3, we'll never see a Web of Shadows 2 or something along those lines.

I'm still waiting for another Spider-man game that allows you to switch between red and black Spidey mid combo.

I found it fun. Thought the boss fights were fun. I'm a Spidey fan so I may be a bit biased. :p

I'm also a huge Spidey fan, but I don't get why people sing praises for Shattered Dimensions.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Fine!

Don't like this game!

tumblr_m9bueaW0mh1qixki9o1_500.gif

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

thinking about getting this for Xbox one. haven't played a spidey game since spiderman 3, is it worth the £50?

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

This vertical line, I watch it go by.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:13 PM Edited by Wheatley, 12 May 2014 - 03:13 PM.

thinking about getting this for Xbox one. haven't played a spidey game since spiderman 3, is it worth the £50?

Wait until it drops to about £30 or less. The game is good in some areas but suffers from tedious side missions during gameplay. Spiderman 2 perfected the side missions by making them optional however in this game they force you to do them or they block of streets with giant shields because you're "menace" to society. 

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:26 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 19 May 2014 - 01:27 AM.

Rented it, beat it, wasn't that great. This game could have been so much better. They tried so much to make this game like Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 but failed. Spider-Man 2 is the best spidey game ever made. Anyone who disagrees with me has daddy issues.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

Rented it, beat it, wasn't that great. This game could have been so much better. They tried so much to make this game like Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 but failed. Spider-Man 2 is the best spidey game ever made. Anyone who disagrees with me has daddy issues.

Are you their father?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users