Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Video Game

131 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:44 AM

If you didn't watch the video, why don't you take a look? IT'S A NEXT GEN f*ckING GAME. It's not supposed to look on par with a PS3 game you nincompoop. The gameplay also looks absolutely no different whatsoever.

On the other hand, at least they fixed the web swinging mechanics.

However Spiderman 2 was the last good game. I don't think there will ever be a good spiderman game as that.

Web Of Shadows, Ultimate Spider-Man, hell even Spider-Man 3 were better games than Spider-Man 2. 

This looks like it's going to be up ther with one of the best Spider-Man games.

Aslo what kind of graphics do you expect with a movie based game?

I wouldn't say Spider-Man 3 was a better game.

It improved on almost every mechanical aspect of the game...

But it just didn't have the charm of SM2.

Swinging from island to island, trying to get the to statue of liberty, beating up bad guys and messing with em like a psychopath, jumping off the empire state building and trying to splat on a car.. Heck, even swinging by the docks at night or some night missions had an unparalleled vibe.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

May the Father of Understanding guide us.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

Oh man, those outfits. Miles' costume, Scarlet Spider, Superior Spider-Man, I love it.

This game looks like a culmination of Beenox's attempts this generation. Shattered Dimensions and ASM 1 were great games, but still quite lacking compared to PS2 Spider-Man games or Batman: Arkham series. This game might just live up to them. I'm waiting for post-release impressions though, because Beenox usually have great ideas, but lacking execution. Let's hope they'll deliver this time.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:57 AM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 28 March 2014 - 10:57 AM.

As I said, if you're into next-gen for the Gr4f1x, don't bother.

The city, the AI, Ped count, Criminals and activities, yeah I'm so obsessed with graphics. None of the new dynamics are shown in the game.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

villain trailer

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

Rhino was in the last game and became villain in the film, I hope Kraven gets the same deal.

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

I am so hyped,this game is awesome!!!

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:37 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 22 April 2014 - 03:38 PM.

It's been delayed on the Xbone lol :D

In fact, they don't know yet if it's even going to come to the console.

http://time.com/6712...t-will-it-ever/

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM Edited by LilMcJohn, 22 April 2014 - 04:11 PM.

Thats horrible news for xbone fans. Glad I got a PS4. lolololol

#Greatnessawaits :lol:

Edit: This game looks amazing and I already have it preordered.

Double Edit: I feel sorry for xbone gamers as Microsh*t is seriously f*cking up their year. Whats next? They gonna do something to get Watch Dogs delayed for the console?

• Detective Phelps likes this

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

I don't even consider this game being delayed a big deal for xbox. Considering how bad the first one was. Now Diablo 3 not getting any news? That worries me. Considering the Spider-Man game is being released on 360 without delay is mildly concerning. Only reason I can think of is that they're fleshing out voice commands for it.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Double Edit: I feel sorry for xbone gamers as Microsh*t is seriously f*cking up their year. Whats next? They gonna do something to get Watch Dogs delayed for the console?

How is it Microsoft's fault that it got delayed?

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

KINGPIN! finally

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 22 April 2014 - 09:25 PM.

I'm glad to see that the city doesn't look as bright as the original. I think they overdid the bloom on the first game to make it look good on the consoles, and also to hide the ugly textures.

I found the story to be short and anti-climatic. Also the combat was a copy and paste from the Arkham series. The web swinging was fun though, even though you could swing above the buildings. Hopefully the sequel will be better and more original.

Spider-man 2 was the best Spider-man game I've ever played. The web swinging was accurate, the combat was badass, and the story was fun. 

Let's see if this game will come close :D

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

I agree, no other Spiderman game touches SP2 in anyway at all. But still, the current gen is holding them back.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:24 AM Edited by CatDog96, 26 April 2014 - 08:07 AM.

First 15 minutes.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

Wow. Looking at that gameplay, I've realised the first one is much better than this sh*tfest. It had better gameplay, better camera angle, better graphics, maybe even a better story and the mechanics are not clunky. Looks like they've broken this franchise.

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by GTA DUDE05, 25 April 2014 - 11:52 AM.

p6dmb.jpg

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Looks pretty awesome.

Although, it definitely resembles Ultimate Spider-Man more than Spider-Man 2. The night-life looks much more comic book-y, while in Spider-Man 2 is was bluish, where the moon and the stars supplied the night with all the light the player needed.

One thing though, Peter Parker looks like poo. Doesn't look like Andrew Garfield and doesn't look like Peter Parker. His chin is way too square, and his facial features resemble "Asshole roided up douche" than "Smart lovable nerd".

The scene with Uncle Ben felt a bit unnecessary, since it doesn't really feed you the emotions that Peter felt, while an introduction to the fact that he's still looking for he Uncle's killer could have been executed better.

Combat looks a bit better than I expected. Although I was hoping for a bit more ragdoll to be involved, just like Spider-Man 2.

And the whole witty banter thing works awfully with the slow motion during fights.

At least they got Spidey's humor the scum of society part right.

The scene with the bullet dodging... Looked way too slow to be dodging bullets.

Also, the thing just turned into L.A. Noire at the end.

Anyway, might consider.

Cl4ud35p33d
  • Cl4ud35p33d

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

I think this looks awesome! Can't wait.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

Ok I can kinda say my fault on that as I was a little to excited at the time and wasn't thinking straight

Wow. Looking at that gameplay, I've realised the first one is much better than this sh*tfest. It had better gameplay, better camera angle, better graphics, maybe even a better story and the mechanics are not clunky. Looks like they've broken this franchise.

It's got to be the 360 version, I mean they haven't shown anything but the 360 version so we'll need to judge when the game comes out on PS4  :santa:

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

Ps4 vs 360, there isn't much difference

Ps4

1q01w6.jpg

rcj0jt.jpg

Ps4

1124hna.jpg

343pz5k.jpg

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

I played Spider-Man ages ago I think it was ps2. It was fun shooting my web all around the city.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

Ok I can kinda say my fault on that as I was a little to excited at the time and wasn't thinking straight

You got a excited that it was delayed? *static* Fanboy alert! Fanboy alert! *sirens*
  • CatDog96 likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Wise old Yardie

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:40 AM Edited by The Yokel, 27 April 2014 - 10:42 AM.

Ps4 vs 360, there isn't much difference

Why don't you look closer? Resolution, texture quality, lighting, the amount of stuff on screen etc. If the difference is that noticable in the screenshots it's only going to be even more noticable in the actual gameplay.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:54 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 27 April 2014 - 01:55 PM.

Yes but it's not a massive difference at all. My guess is this game is not even hardware resourceful at all. They went for the comicy style this time. Compare this to AS1 and there is a big difference.

@GTADUDE: Honestly, I much prefer Tobey Maguire's version of Spiderman. Sam Raimi did amazing for 1 and 2. 3 he messed up a bit as he f*cked Venom's story up.

• Detective Phelps likes this

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

I beat the game an hour ago in PS3 an this is my review.

(MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)!

-------------
Scale: X/10.0
-------------

-------------
STORY: 6.5
-------------
As far as story goes for this game, the only good thing going for it is that it is an alternate storyline compared to the upcoming movie-- this same strategy went for the original TASM. With the introduction of many different characters it adds some flexibility with the story, but it can rather miss on important situations. I'm not going to reveal much of the story as its your basic run-in-the-mill comical Spider-Man saga. 

-------------
GRAPHICS: 4.5
-------------
Usually when we see movie tie-in games we don't expect much in the graphics department and that's exactly what we get here. Nearly every adjustment of the camera and you will see many texture pop-ins and missing graphics. The only decent thing in this game that looks nice is the Spider-Man character model; everything else is extremely washed out. Textures are extremely flat and the anti-aliasing is almost non-existent. Lighting is pretty decent, but just doesn't add much to the overall look.....for some reason, I think the original TASM looked slightly better than this one. 

-------------
SOUND: 7.3
-------------
This is one thing that's really going for this game. The "swishing" sound of webs coming from Spidey's wrists is as perfect as you could get it I suppose. Gunshots are decent so far as actually knowing what they are and the voice acting is clear and sharp so that every word is recognizable. 

-------------
GAMEPLAY: 4.0
-------------
Beenox promised many changes from the original game and to be honest it has been a hit-or-miss situation. The first and most important thing fans wanted to see was that web-swinging would connect webs to buildings; and the fact that this game followed upon that has also been a complete miss. It's clearly obvious that the devs pushed too hard into making this feat possible. Buildings have clearly been readjusted proportionally to allow webs to stick to buildings. If you're not aware, web-swinging has now been mapped to the left and right hand with the L2 and R2 buttons respectively. This allows you to make sure you at least have a building close to your proximity so as to swing from anything within angle. Whereas this is quite innovative for a Spidey game, it is also a missed opportunity in theory. Nearly 80% of the time you web-swing you are bound to wind up hitting a wall at some point-- the fluidity of this mechanic is broken and should never be since it is one of the most important aspects of being Spider-Man. The web-rush ability is also back and happens to be the most well used component to Spidey's locomotion. It's been slightly improved upon and feels much more fluid-- which now allows you to use momentum after zipping to a certain location in order to gain more distance. The new sling-shot maneuver, although pretty cool just feels extremely gimmicky. Maneuvering in this game just feels like a horrible miss IMO. Combat is something that has been greatly improved upon and seems to be the only greatest improvement to the game. Many have considered this game to the combat of the Arkham franchise and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Spidey feels much more fluid in combat and strikes are now time-based rather than being just a button-masher like the original game. Besides the combat though, this game fails on the acrobatics that Spider-Man should own by his character and really diminishes the score this game receives. The game has a pretty mediocre upgrade system, but it works pretty well. There are also many different costumes to unlock that contain different statistics, but these differences are almost nonexistent while playing the game and the costumes end up just being enjoyable aesthetically. The side-missions have been slightly improved upon and are ever-occurring within the game; this is to keep up with the Hero or Menace system that is present. If Spidey let's crimes (which pop up randomly, BTW) linger to long they will in term affect his Hero rating which has 3 levels of each. The higher Hero rating you have the more multiplications of XP you will earn towards your player. When the crime lingers too long on the map it will begin to pulse red and you only have a limited time to complete the mission..... The problem with this is that the remaining time for the mission is non-existent so you will usually end up trying to swing your way towards only to be a split-second too late. This is another problem where the horrible web-swinging can cost you dearly. 

-------------
REPLAY: 4.5
-------------
As far as the games concerned, I'm not going to give away any endings or anything like that. The replay factor of the game is already present while you are playing the game. Random petty crimes and other emergency side-missions are always occurring and can keep you busy just as long as you can put up with the game. 

-------------
FINAL: 5.4/10
-------------
Since this game is only slightly above the 50% mark for me, I would only recommend this game for seriously die-hard Spider-man fans. It seems Beenox is trying their hardest to make a good Spidey game yet every iteration they just can't get it right......I'll admit though they do seem to be a company that really listens to their fans when it needs improvements, but they can't keep waiting for every new release to make different changes.....and to be completely honest, I am a massive Spider-Man fan and am not being biased for any reason......Spider-Man 2 for the PS2 is one of my favorite games back in the day and I think Spider-Man Web of Shadows is one of the most recent Spidey games that nailed the formula almost perfectly.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by CReaper210, 28 April 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Oh my god, don't say that. I would cry :cry:

SOUND: 7.3

FINAL: 5.4/10

Can I ask what the difference is between a 7.2 or a 7.3?

Or 5.4 and 5.5? What makes you put these odd decimals in there?

Never made sense to me, IGN does this too and I never understood it.

Anyways, That is a little disappointing. I was excited for this game. But then again, who knows if I'll ever get it, since it was delayed or canceled on Xbox One.

I was hoping it would be amazing like the Spiderman 2 or 3 game was. Spiderman is probably one of the best Superhero characters you can have in a video game, just because his powers are really unique, but the games are really hit or miss.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Wise old Yardie

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Can I ask what the difference is between a 7.2 or a 7.3?

Or 5.4 and 5.5? What makes you put these odd decimals in there?

Never made sense to me, IGN does this too and I never understood it.

It's very simple, really. Just like IGN, he pulls numbers out of his ass.

• CReaper210, Th3MaN1, Dutch Psycho and 1 other like this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:16 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 30 April 2014 - 02:36 AM.

Spiderman released today on Xbox One along with every other console. Not that I'm even going to buy it. Its a direct download.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

I'll wait until this one drops in price for PC.

I have the first game on PS3 and didn't like it as I said before.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Oh god this is f*cking awful. Not like i was expecting them to make a good spider-man game (or movie) ever again, but god f*cking damn it this is bad. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users