Photo

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Video Game

131 replies to this topic
CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:05 AM Edited by CatDog96, 24 November 2013 - 02:18 PM.

The Amazing Spider-man 2 game coming out 2014

http://www.beenox.co....jpg?1381535182

This all-new third-person action-adventure video game builds on the story of the previous game with an alternative take on the events of the upcoming movie, while also giving players an enhanced, free-roaming web-slinging experience through a greatly expanded New York City.

In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, players once again assume the role of the iconic Super Hero in a unique side-story inspired by the feature film but set in its own continuity. Throughout his journey, Spider-Man will encounter a number of new foes as well as some old friends, as he confronts a new threat to his beloved city. The narrative will give Peter Parker, Spider-Man's nerdy photojournalist persona, a greater role in the spotlight, as he investigates the complicated motivations and unique personalities behind the menagerie of Marvel menaces threatening Manhattan.

As Spidey, players will be able to free-roam through a greatly-enhanced Manhattan cityscape, one set to offer livelier, more engaging opportunities with which to put his sensational skills to use. Central to the expansive depth and detail being poured into The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game is the new "Hero or Menace" system, which incentivizes Super Hero behavior by rewarding the web-slinger's crime-fighting efforts, and adds consequences for letting criminality fester. Spider-Man's personal brand of web-swinging and up-close-and-personal combat will see a variety of new features as well.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by Fireman, 31 October 2013 - 11:19 AM.

I only remember Spider-man 2: Enter Electro for the PSX and that was the last Spiderman game I liked.

They shouldn't focus so much on open-world and more on the story.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

I pray to whatever deity is out there that you never get put in charge of making a Spiderman videogame. EVER.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by Fireman, 31 October 2013 - 02:45 PM.

I pray to whatever deity is out there that you never get put in charge of making a Spiderman videogame. EVER.

Too late! The next Spiderman game will only feature small portions of cities which have invisible walls around them, specifically designed for JUST the objective!

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Too late! The next Spiderman game will only feature small portions of cities which have invisible walls around them, specifically designed for JUST the objective!

That is terrible, I think any super hero game should be open world because your a f*cking super hero and need freedom to save people and all that

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by CatDog96, 24 November 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Thats bullsh*t.

As Spidey, players will be able to free-roam through a greatly-enhanced Manhattan cityscape

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

The game is also coming out on next gen consoles.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

I only remember Spider-man 2: Enter Electro for the PSX and that was the last Spiderman game I liked.

I suggest you play Spider-Man 2 movie license game from the Toby Mcguire movies.
It is simply perfect.
  • TheIllaDopest and JustOneMonth like this

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

I'm excited :D

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by Xerukal, 02 November 2013 - 12:14 AM.

The first game was pretty good. Not Arkham-level, for sure. But still, pretty good. The web swinging mechanics were amazingly fun and fluid, as well.

Looking forward to this. 

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

I suggest you play Spider-Man 2 movie license game from the Toby Mcguire movies.
It is simply perfect.

This this this. I loved SM2 on PS2. When I first got that game when it came out, I was up for 2 days straight without any sleep. The game is a masterpiece on so many levels.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

It is simply perfect.

This this this. I loved SM2 on PS2. When I first got that game when it came out, I was up for 2 days straight without any sleep. The game is a masterpiece on so many levels.

Oh god, I miss it so much. :(

3Hunt
  • 3Hunt

Evilest nigga this side of the Mississippi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

It is simply perfect.

So do I. But f*ck that Mysterio mission, the theater portion and the Statue of Liberty. I was stuck on that one for two years.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:14 AM Edited by Erebos, 02 November 2013 - 06:14 AM.

I almost cried of laughter because of Mysterio's first encounter in that store. :D

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

It is simply perfect.

So do I. But f*ck that Mysterio mission, the theater portion and the Statue of Liberty. I was stuck on that one for two years.

Oh yeah, isn't that the one where you have to web zip to those hovering robots all of the way to Liberty Island. I f*cking hated that mission.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:58 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 02 November 2013 - 08:15 AM.

It is simply perfect.

Oh yeah, isn't that the one where you have to web zip to those hovering robots all of the way to Liberty Island. I f*cking hated that mission.

Yeah and you had to punch all of those little orbs and it was hard as sh*t when you had to beat up the brain or whatever and there was a freaking blade spinning around that would kill you easily if you didn't pay attention. Not only that, if you didn't punch all of the orbs in time, they all respawned and you had to beat them all up again before getting to the brain.

There was also this other mission I remember where you have to go in Mysterio's Fun House or whatever, that sh*t was freaky. The whole house was upside down and sh*t. And I think It would turn randomly in each room you went in.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

Oh my God!! Is this really happening! I loved the first one! It was so fun! I love Spider Man games and will definitely pick it up! And I agree Spider Man 2 was, no, IS, the king of them all!

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

It is simply perfect.

Yeah and you had to punch all of those little orbs and it was hard as sh*t when you had to beat up the brain or whatever and there was a freaking blade spinning around that would kill you easily if you didn't pay attention. Not only that, if you didn't punch all of the orbs in time, they all respawned and you had to beat them all up again before getting to the brain.

There was also this other mission I remember where you have to go in Mysterio's Fun House or whatever, that sh*t was freaky. The whole house was upside down and sh*t. And I think It would turn randomly in each room you went in.

And you had to fight those other Spider-Men from the mirrors and they would be in diffrent shapes. That gave me nightmares. 

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Oh my god, this is bringing back all the SM2 memories.

I think my heart is ejaculating.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 05 November 2013 - 11:03 PM.

SM2 was the best spiderman game ever made. I loved Amazing Spiderman as well to be honest, because it had a decent story and a very good open world.

But, I seriously think we need a superman game now. Too much potential there.

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Of The Coming Ĉon

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

I never played the first one, but this looks pretty good.

Also agree with everyone else, SM2 was the perfect Spider-Man game and still is. I was actually playing it like a week ago. Still fun to this day. I've yet to see a single Spidey game surpass it, and there's been a lot since then.

My ideal Spidey game would basically just be SM2, with modern graphics and a better story and combat system.

One of the other things I loved about SM2 was all the hidden gang hideouts and enterable stores. You could be scaling a scaffolding and a door would open, revealing an empty hideout with gang members in it, or a warehouse. It felt pretty cool having those spots scattered throughout the game.

Anyway, this one looks pretty awesome. Hopefully it won't suck.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

This is over a month old, but I just found this tweet from beenox. 

eyn2aKE.png

• HaythamKenway likes this

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by Libertyking, 24 November 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Finally they understood that it didn't make sense. Can't believe that the devs of Spider-Man 1, 2 and 3 (Treyarch) are also making Call of Duty... But now it's Beenox, a small Quebec City team originally only making PC and Wii adaptation.

My only concern about Spider-Man 2 was the city. Yes, it looked a lot like NYC, there were a lot of real buildings and it was huge, but the street grid was strange, there was no detail, some lots were completely empty (the United Nations...) and Times Square was ugly. (Oh,Times Square. Why? What the hell were they thinking?) . If you compare this game to True Crime NY (also by Activision) which is a lot more detailed with an even larger map, you realize it could've been way better.

Strangely, the Amazing Spider-Man's NYC was the opposite: Lots of details, but the city didn't look like real-life NYC, with only some real buildings.

Well hopefully, the Amazing Spider-Man 2 will have both...

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Since we're talking about older SM games, did anyone play the 2001 game? IMO, THAT is the Spiderman game.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Since we're talking about older SM games, did anyone play the 2001 game? IMO, THAT is the Spiderman game.

It was good, but Spider-Man on PS1 was so much better. Probably my favourite PS1 game of all time.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:36 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 25 November 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Too late; a Spider-Man game with non-existent open-world game play and more focusing on the story has already been done...

Spider-Man_Friend_or_Foe_cover.jpg

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by CatDog96, 05 December 2013 - 03:59 PM.

a twitter thing from beenox

JXrmKmc.png

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

Oh my god, this is bringing back all the SM2 memories.

I think my heart is ejaculating.

True, that werehouse with enemy waves, the room of that mysterio guy...

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:28 PM Edited by CatDog96, 23 January 2014 - 02:56 PM.

New Trailer AND SCREENSHOTS

ku-xlarge.jpgku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Looks really good. I love the cartoony flair the graphics have. And "Spider-Man 2-like web-swinging"? Oh boy, this is gonna be fun.

Story might be really interesting too. I loved how Beenox tweaked the "movie tie-in game" boundaries they had in ASM 1 to tell their own story. Their portrayal of Curt Connors was right up there with best Lizard comic book stories and it was pretty cool how they used B-lister like Smythe as the main antagonist.

ASM 2 seems to be following the same path. Kraven acting as Spidey's mentor is really unexpected role and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users