Photo

Proximity Skydiving

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic
Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:32 AM Edited by Bhansenlt4, 01 August 2014 - 11:52 PM.

***New Video 8/1/14***

Holy thread revival! I found an old compilation that I made back in December of last year but never got around to uploading it; I figured I'd just put it here instead of making a whole new thread. Anyway I hope you all enjoy the footage, and sorry for the crappy digital camera quality :/

Hey all,

First post here, been a long time lurker. Found a new hobby in GTA V that's been keeping me busy: proximity skydiving. Basically see how close you can get to a cliff, valley wall, building, whatever, without hitting it and (hopefully) still pull your chute. I've been using the parachuting missions that take you up in a helo (this also allows you to hit the X button to quickly reset yourself back at the chopper), specifically the one that is furthest north, near Sandy Shores. Here's a quick video that I made showing a sick bridge gap that I found. Sorry for the crappy quality but I don't have a capture card at the moment.

Post up any videos that you've made, and post any sweet locations you've found to fly proximity. 

Here I'll update this topic with more videos I've made:

Gapping the "E" in the Vinewood sign:

• MindCorrupt, SmoothGetaway, nuer and 4 others like this

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Nobody? I can't be the only one out there who enjoys doing this. Anyway here's another video I made of some more runs; this time I managed to pull off some impossible-looking truss gaps. I'm also looking to get some footage soon of a sick gap I found between two silos that are directly east of the helo jump site; the gap is barely wide enough for a person to fit but it looks doable. Anyone know of any other cool jump sites? Do any of the other parachuting missions take you as high up as the one north of Sandy Shores?

• MindCorrupt likes this

butternutcherrios
  • butternutcherrios

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Yolo swag Kifflom. Chicken nuggets to the next couple of years ago and I will be a good idea to have the ability to make sure that you can get a chance to Kifflom

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by Bhansenlt4, 01 November 2013 - 02:39 AM.

Yolo swag Kifflom. Chicken nuggets to the next couple of years ago and I will be a good idea to have the ability to make sure that you can get a chance to Kifflom

PSA: Drugs are bad, children.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

This is the reason V needs wing suits.

Nice videos man, def need that capture card though lol.

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

This is the reason V needs wing suits.

Nice videos man, def need that capture card though lol.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Once I get the cash saved up a capture card is my next investment haha. I'll be really disappointed if they don't come out with a wingsuit as DLC. I actually can't believe it didn't come with one in the standard game. It wouldn't take much to code it at all; just have it increase your glide ratio when you have it on.

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

NICE DUDE

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

Nice! I do this sometimes but in the city looking for buildings or bridges to go through. No vids tho. props

mindcontrols
  • mindcontrols

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Sounds fun. I'll have to try it. Haven't unlocked the parachuting missions yet though.

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by Bhansenlt4, 04 December 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Hey all, been a while since I updated this topic. I've found a ton of new spots and have a few videos I've made. I've updated my main post with my newest video, gapping the "E" in the Vinewood sign. I've got quite a few more videos to take so stay tuned for more updates. And also if anyone would like to join in and help get some footage add me my Xbox GT is MightyMichu2.

• GTAhole likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Damn dude that Vinewood sign E jump was intense. Nice sh*t this looks fun as hell.

Lukezordz
  • Lukezordz

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

You need to make more of these, they are so tense to watch!

Epic vids sir!

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

nice vids OP, i'm going to try that!

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Gapping the "E" in the Vinewood sign like a boss.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

I do this as well, lots of fun.

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone! This is definitely, for me, the most fun you can have in this game. I haven't gone on a rampage or shot anyone in quite a while haha. Been too busy hitting gaps!

Anyway here's a few more videos I've made. First one is a stairwell gap I found. I managed to make it through after the bazillionth jump but it was nighttime so it's a bit dark but you get the gist. I'm trying to make it through the top stairset but it seems impossible ATM :/

This one is just a cut down version of the bridge gap I made from my earlier video, it's quicker to watch:

• RolfStarGames and GTAhole like this

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Two more vids, both alleyway jumps:

And the second:

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

Nice vids! I fell in love with wingsuits in Far Cry 3, I've spent quite some time in that game looking for the perfect mountain. Unfortunately, you drop too fast in V (since you don't have a suit), so I'm too impatient to actually learn the trick. You might want to look up all the narrow buildings where you can do these sideway manouvres with planes (forgot it's name), which you need for 100%. There are guides on the internet, they might come in handy.

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Nice vids! I fell in love with wingsuits in Far Cry 3, I've spent quite some time in that game looking for the perfect mountain. Unfortunately, you drop too fast in V (since you don't have a suit), so I'm too impatient to actually learn the trick. You might want to look up all the narrow buildings where you can do these sideway manouvres with planes (forgot it's name), which you need for 100%. There are guides on the internet, they might come in handy.

Thanks for the tip man I haven't tried any of the knife flights yet but I'll definitely give the map a look. I liked the wingsuit in Far Cry 3 as well but I feel it was kinda unrealistic, you fell WAY too slow. The mechanics of it are better in GTA V; they just need to make it so that when you have a wingsuit on it would simply increase your forward glide ratio from lets say, the 4:1 ratio it is now to 10:1 (just arbitrary numbers, I'm not sure what the actual ratio is).

Anyway here's a few more videos of some gnarly spots. The first is a super-narrow squeeze through some silos in the industrial area:

This next one is probably one of my favorite spots, it was just so satisfying to finally get the jump angle right and pull my chute inside the building:

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

And also if anyone would like to join in and help get some footage add me my Xbox GT is MightyMichu2.

Noticed you were in a server that a couple buddy's and I were in last night. Unfortunately we were all heading off when I noticed you were in there. We do stuff like this all the time. Also trying to incorporate vehicles into jumps also. Wether that be tryin to land on a vehicle or jumping out of one mid-air. But this proximity stuff is something we've been attempting more and more her lately. I agree this is the best way to have fun in this game. Makes it a lot easier when you've got a group of friends tagging along. Taking turns holding it down in the chopper an picking everyone up after the jumps.

Your jumps in the videoes are very impressive man. The stairwell gap and the vinewood E gap are my favorites.

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

This last one was a bit of a hairy situation. I attempted a BASE jump from the IAA building through an alleyway. The flight was fine but I pulled my chute a bit too late to keep me from smashing into the oncoming building (trying to make it exciting for the viewers haha). Thankfully there was a conveniently placed fire escape on the building:

• jameznash and GTAhole like this

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

And also if anyone would like to join in and help get some footage add me my Xbox GT is MightyMichu2.

Noticed you were in a server that a couple buddy's and I were in last night. Unfortunately we were all heading off when I noticed you were in there. We do stuff like this all the time. Also trying to incorporate vehicles into jumps also. Wether that be tryin to land on a vehicle or jumping out of one mid-air. But this proximity stuff is something we've been attempting more and more her lately. I agree this is the best way to have fun in this game. Makes it a lot easier when you've got a group of friends tagging along. Taking turns holding it down in the chopper an picking everyone up after the jumps.

Your jumps in the videoes are very impressive man. The stairwell gap and the vinewood E gap are my favorites.

Thanks man, appreciate it! Yeah I friended B3antown yesterday and joined the game he was in around midnight last night but everyone left right after I got in haha. What's your GT? I'll have to show you all the sweet proximity spots I've found. And I agree vehicles need to be incorporated, that's why I'd like to find a crew to do this with online. Also check out the new videos I just posted, the shipyard gap is one of my new favorites.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by BBQ RIBS, 05 December 2013 - 11:11 PM.

Get a capture card and send a compilation to R*. You may be featured in the newswire.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

What's your GT? I'll have to show you all the sweet proximity spots I've found.

Id love to find some new jumps. send me a request: GT is tacopizzafreak

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

What's your GT? I'll have to show you all the sweet proximity spots I've found.

Id love to find some new jumps. send me a request: GT is tacopizzafreak

Added

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Haha the last one is funny (with the fire escape). Yeah, like someone said, get a capture card and make a compilation for R*.  :lol:

Just curious, are you able to do these jumps again? How many efforts and how much time does it take you to do them correctly?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

These are great, man. I have to try this out and waste a few hours.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

You are some sick motherf*cker dude.
You can't help but appreciate some quality fun being had.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 06 December 2013 - 02:58 PM.

erm OP, that's an actual real life sport called base jumping.  And that's the way it's been since Gen X put the extreme in Xtreme sports :lol:

Anyhow, I think this is one of the best, fun non mission activities you can do in SP and in GTAO to date.

For now, group sky diving is limited to taking a chopper up the highest it will go over Chilliad,moving a distance away from the peak, then everybody bailing out and free falling as a group. :^:   It's too bad R* didn't think of adding an animation to hold hands while skydiving though. This might have permitted aerial group stunts and made the group skydive more realistic. :cool:

OP if you're up for a challenge, try base jumping with at least one other buddy of the Los Santos tower (or some point  near Mt Chilliad summit).  This is the tallest building in the game and perhaps the most hazardous, because of its proximity to other sky scrappers. Have the 2 of you jump off the tower or cliff edge.  Then free fall as far as you can all the way to bottom---without hitting each other or face palming on the way down.  :lol:  Also set some goals and/or place bets with each other before jumping.  The betting pool payouts go to the ppl who manage to achieve some or all of these:

1. be last person to open their chute---win $10k. 

2. be 1st person to land safely nearest the base of the jump wins a $15k bonus.

3. be 1st person to land safely nearest the base of the jump--WITHOUT DYING (this includes stuff like landing 1st but getting hit by a truck on the freeway etc)--wins an additional $20k bonus etc. etc.

basically any creative challenges you can come up with.   It's a lot of fun doing this in FM IMO. :cool:

Bhansenlt4
  • Bhansenlt4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by Bhansenlt4, 06 December 2013 - 06:34 PM.

Haha the last one is funny (with the fire escape). Yeah, like someone said, get a capture card and make a compilation for R*.  :lol:

Just curious, are you able to do these jumps again? How many efforts and how much time does it take you to do them correctly?

Yup capture card will be one of my next purchases once I get some money :/ And some of them I can do over and over since they're parachuting missions. The parachuting missions in both Grapeseed and Paleto Bay have some nice stuff you can hit, and the best part is you can reset yourself back up and jump again instantly.

As for the Vinewood E, the stairwell gap, shipyard gap etc, you have to set yourself up each time (lots of helicopter cheats used outside of hospitals lol). Thankfully I've gotten better so it doesn't take AS long,and some of the jumps I've actually gotten pretty lucky on too. For example the shipyard gap only took 3 tries to do it, but the stairwell gap was the worst, must have spent an hour or more, and at least 30 or 40 jumps before I got it down. The Vinewood sign took about 10 or 15 tries but now that I'm getting better I feel I could do it a lot easier. Yesterday I went online with some people and hit the shipyard gap 2 times in a row.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users