» «
Photo

The problem with your personal cars

22 replies to this topic
Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:10 AM Edited by XxGuapoBeanxX, 31 October 2013 - 05:10 AM.

I've had a few problems with our personal vehicles in Gta Online. My biggest problem is, why can't we sell them? There's no way to get rid of it or sell it and that frustrates me cause I don't have money to go buy a new car to replace that car I want to get rid of. I also don't want some random car off the street in my garage just so I can get rid of the one I don't want, that defeats the purpose. Has anyone experienced this problem?

I think R* either has to let us sell our personal vehicles if we need too. Why not let us sell them? We spent all this money on them and we aren't allowed to sell them for a couple thousand dollars? It doesn't even have to give us the exact amount of money the car costs, I can settle with half. I hope R* does something about this, either a little menu when you're in your garage to delete a vehicle or being able to drive to customs and sell your vehicle. Obviously it has to be a person vehicle. What do you guys think?

MrMonkish
  • MrMonkish

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

Ummm....the last time I checked, you could sell your personal vehicle.  I sold my motorcycle to make room for a super car the other day.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Ummm....the last time I checked, you could sell your personal vehicle.  I sold my motorcycle to make room for a super car the other day.

I've tried to sell 5 of my vehicles and I wasn't able to, so there's still the problem.

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security LTA

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

You can sell your pesonal vehicle while it costs less than 50 000.

I went to LS Customs with my Coquette and It said "You can't sell a personal vehicle that costs more than 50 000" Something like that.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

You can sell your pesonal vehicle while it costs less than 50 000.
I went to LS Customs with my Coquette and It said "You can't sell a personal vehicle that costs more than 50 000" Something like that.

that's the problem, why does it have to be under 50,000? We spent money on the car and most likely well over 50 grad in customization and we can't sell it? That's ridiculous especially if there is no way to delete your car.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

You can't sell cars that have a base cost of over 50,000.

Modifications don't count.

My fully modded Sultan sells for about 120,000 each.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

If a vehicle costs more than 50,000 online you cannot sell it. However if you have a car that originally cost less than 50,000 and you have upgraded it you can sell it. For instance the sandking costs 45,000 you can sell it fully upgraded for around 90,000 dollars. Obviously you will be losing money after spending money for upgrades.

I do think you should be able to sell whatever car you want but this game is built to sell cash cards. Plain and simple. Why else would everything you do cost so much money? It is the main reason I play in closed sessions. Go to open free roam and get ready to have zero dollars left when you leave. You get monetarily punished for every single thing that you do.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

Same here. I purchased a vehicle for like 200k, dropped another 250k on it, took a picture of it for my album, and decided to sell it. I couldn't and had to replace it to make room for another vehicle in my garage with no kind of refund at all. Almost half a mil for a pic, lol. I would've liked at least a 75% refund or something.

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

Would help if you could own multiple property really

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

If a vehicle costs more than 50,000 online you cannot sell it. However if you have a car that originally cost less than 50,000 and you have upgraded it you can sell it. For instance the sandking costs 45,000 you can sell it fully upgraded for around 90,000 dollars. Obviously you will be losing money after spending money for upgrades.

I do think you should be able to sell whatever car you want but this game is built to sell cash cards. Plain and simple. Why else would everything you do cost so much money? It is the main reason I play in closed sessions. Go to open free roam and get ready to have zero dollars left when you leave. You get monetarily punished for every single thing that you do.

okay that makes sense now. Even if it's fully modded, if the original price is under 50 grand you can sell it? That helps a bit but I have sports cars and super cars and I want to get rid of a duplicated adder that got rid of my Entity and replaced it. The game glitched and gave me two adders and I don't have the money to get another entity and I just wanna get rid of my other adder.

Matty079
  • Matty079

Slammed Schwartzer Slidin

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Pretty sure it's anything over 100k not 50k.. my schwartzer can be bought online for 80k and you can sell it. Pretty sure the felon and baller are on the car site for 95 and 80k respectively and they can be sold.

But yeah, it's stupid.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:42 AM Edited by BurningBalls, 31 October 2013 - 05:42 AM.

Pretty sure it's anything over 100k not 50k.. my schwartzer can be bought online for 80k and you can sell it. Pretty sure the felon and baller are on the car site for 95 and 80k respectively and they can be sold.

But yeah, it's stupid.

Good point, I sell Felons and Ballers all the time.

But that's what it says in LSC. Cannot sell a vehicle over $50,000.

Maybe it's their "cost" not their price. I don't know.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

LSC glitch is the only way of selling it.

Which to be honest is quite stupid.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

I think its because LS Customs deals with more low to middle end cars and so they would not be able to find a buyer for the nicer and higher end cars.

It would be nice though if Rockstar put in a high end shop like Simeon's where we could sell our cars. 

• Pig__Destroyer likes this

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

you can totally delete any car from your garage that you don't want just follow these steps

1. get in car to be deleted.

2. drive it outside

3. blow it up with a sticky bomb/grenade/rpg (just blow it up)

Poof its gone

If car was insured follow these extra steps

4.steal a random car off the street ( DO NOT INSURE IT)

5.drive it inside your garage

6.select the car you want to get rid of from the list to be replaced with the stolen car

7.now your stolen car is in your old car's spot and has a tracker but no insurance

8. drive that car outside and blow it up(since it wasn't insured your garage will not save a spot for it)

Poof empty space in your garage

Knight.
  • Knight.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

I thought you could blow it up and claim the insurance on it. No?

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

this is what I thought, I don't want it stuck on my insurance list and later on accidentally clicking on it. I just want an option to sell or delete cars without those extra steps to do. And there's no way I'm glitching to get rid of cars, that's just gonna add more money to how much money I've glitched already.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Shocked that R* arent labelling us Bad Sports for blowing up our own PVs tbh.

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yeah now that my range of 130 grand cars supped up are getting old and have some money I still wont get rid of them after 200k in mods

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

this is what I thought, I don't want it stuck on my insurance list and later on accidentally clicking on it. I just want an option to sell or delete cars without those extra steps to do. And there's no way I'm glitching to get rid of cars, that's just gonna add more money to how much money I've glitched already.

I told you how to delete cars and how to get it off your insurance list...only takes 2 minutes if that...

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

I told you how to delete cars and how to get it off your insurance list...only takes 2 minutes if that...
that's not the point, like I said, R* should have taken a few days out of the 5 years in the making of this game to put a menu to delete/sell cars instead of putting damn yoga in the game.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

that's not the point, like I said, R* should have taken a few days out of the 5 years in the making of this game to put a menu to delete/sell cars instead of putting damn yoga in the game.

They did both.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

they did put a menu to delete your car...ill say again WHEN YOU DRIVE A STOLEN CAR INTO YOUR FULL GARAGE A MENU POPS UP AND ASKS WHICH CAR TO DELETE, THEN YOU DRIVE THAT STOLEN CAR OUT IF YOU DON"T WANT IT AND BLOW IT UP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users