GTA 5 : Single Player Gimped for MP

49 replies to this topic
Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

You can rob stores in SP, they aren't just marked on the map like Online. And I don't really see the f*cking reason why people want safehouses, all you need a safehouse is now for saving or sitting your ass on the couch and watch Moorehead.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by bicycles?, 31 October 2013 - 07:39 PM.

I don't really see the f*cking reason why people want safehouses, all you need a safehouse is now for saving or sitting your ass on the couch and watch Moorehead.

As an offline player, I can't save non-personal vehicles anyways, but it would have been nice to be able to save/store vehicles all across the map. It's common sense, but it's missing...

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

You can buy one garage per character that can hold up to 5 cars.

GrandTheftAutomatic
  • GrandTheftAutomatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

You can rob stores in SP, they aren't just marked on the map like Online. And I don't really see the f*cking reason why people want safehouses, all you need a safehouse is now for saving or sitting your ass on the couch and watch Moorehead.

Um because quick save gets disabled if you are wanted so they are nice to have all around the map. Mostly though its because of garages that come attached to them. We can't store very many vehicles in SP and its a damn shame.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

You can buy one garage per character that can hold up to 5 cars.

You can't buy garages, the one you get for free car hold only 4 cars. Stop making things up

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

You can buy garages they cost 10K each. And yeah they hold 4 cars not 5, my bad, but im not making things up.

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Essentially the main things they advertised the crap out of in SP turned out to be less than underwhelming :

1) Heists - too few, whack pay outs

2) Multi-character missions - few

3) Stock Market - barely used, when it is its OP as sh*t

4) Businesses - abysmal ROI (return on investment)

5) Safehouses/garages - very little

While I can't agree with much of what the OP says, I will say that I wish the above was more fleshed out.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

I would probably play free roam a lot longer if they would just:

Fix the issue when your player falls. it takes way too long to get up, and they just nap for a bit. even under fire. you would think they would have made a faster animation for when you are getting shot. Nope. Naps are not fun in the middle of a fire fight. 

Fix the issue when you try to jump to a wall. you dont grab the edge. Nope, you dive head first into that sumbitch like you are trying to take your own head off. What the hell is yup with that. It was perfect in IV. You can jump a gap and grab a ledge. Not anymore. You will die.

Fix the issue when you have armor, and full health, you die so easily if you wreck your bike. One wreck and your armor is gone! That is if you didnt die. 

Fix the issue where all the AI acts like little bitches, and calls the cops on you for standing still. WTF! The AI is so shoddy, its no fun interacting with them. You hit right on the analog, and say one thing, they get all pissy and call the cops. I hate having an AI start a fight with me, and some other AI calls the cops, ON ME!

Fix the issue with 1 and 2 stars. Really now. With 1 star, you can go and hide, but be prepared to hide for 20 minutes for that 1 single star. The cops do not change their demeanor according to the star level, so having the different level of stars is useless all the way up to 4 stars. 

Fix the issues with the police helicopters. the city of LS must have a bad ass budget, to have a new helicopter spawn over and over and over and over and over again.

now, these might seem like small issues, but when you beat the game, and want to enjoy the city, its pretty hard when every person is ready to call the cops on you, and the cops want to kill you for littering. 

• philadelphiaflyers likes this

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 31 October 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Going to have to wait until the PC version comes out and the talented modding pool starts hitting it.  Personally, I'm looking very forward to a cop mod like LCPDFR for GTAIV.  Would give players a constructive reason to explore and see the city in it's full glory, and everything in it.

With such a beautiful environment, why wouldn't R* include a cop DLC.  Cops are trained observers and LS is the perfect place to observe, so would only make sense that a cop DLC would fit perfectly.  Also gives a reason to get up in the morning (in game), get dressed, go to the precinct you work out of, suit up, arm up and arrest bad guys, pop speeders, setup sobriety checkpoints, armed call-outs, ect...just like GTAIV LCPDFR.

Of course R* will never include a cop mod, or 1st person, so I'm waiting for the PC version to push the game where it becomes what it can be, truly awesome.

Good day,

DrDetroit

• kasheku likes this

philadelphiaflyers
  • philadelphiaflyers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

san andres had a bigger cities, less country side and more missions. They call us whiners? This game is a rushed arcade joke and they know it. Thats why there wasnt alot of hardcore advertising until the very end near release. They always over hype and advertise things that you cant really do in the game alot to get people to buy it. The gaming industry is dying, fast..and they know theyre killing it.

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by red111, 31 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Yeah this game will be unreal on pc. Cop mod was so awesome in gta 4, here it`s gonna be like 10 times that. Specially with the big country side, switching car skins to fit whatever area you are going to patrol and what not. Damn, can it come out already!!!

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

The best mod will be the inventory mod, and a mod that will make using masks USEFUL against cops. 

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

While I don't disagree with things left from singleplayer I do diagree that Trevor hates Michael. Hang out with him using Franklin...He goes into full detail his feelings about Brad...the whole damn thing. So look there is at least ONE more thing you can do. Otherwise R* has sacrificed it's soul for multiplayer...

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

While I don't disagree with things left from singleplayer I do diagree that Trevor hates Michael. Hang out with him using Franklin...He goes into full detail his feelings about Brad...the whole damn thing. So look there is at least ONE more thing you can do. Otherwise R* has sacrificed it's soul for multiplayer...

More like... R* has sold it's soul to the illuminati.

• Hooves07 and kasheku like this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

More like... R* has sold it's soul to the illuminati.

Please, stop with that bullsh*t here...

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by AlexL, 01 November 2013 - 02:15 PM.

Please, stop with that bullsh*t here...

If that's what you wanna believe.....

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Yup the facts are in, this is a multiplayer oriented game through and through. They went with something different this time. Many people who played the game have arrived at the same conclusion due to the following :

1) Missions : Only 70 story missions between 3 characters + 60 side missions. San Andreas had like nearly 200 missions. Also a lot of the ones in 5 are really short also. The heists were overhyped, only a handful of them and most don't give you any money. They advertised the hell out the 3 character dynamic but its barely even used! So few missions have freedom to swap between all 3 characters. There are more missions with 2 characters only but often the swapping makes no real difference. Usually its either a single character mission or a multicharacter mission with forced/scripted swaps......yay.

Actually San Andreas had 105 missions in total.

My source:

http://gta.wikia.com...GTA_San_Andreas

GTA V has 127 missions in total.  That doesn't include the 57 random events which are a mix of minor encounters and small missions.

So it's not true that San Andreas has more missions.  GTA V is a more substantial game than San Andreas in every way.

Everything else in your post is a matter of opinion.  I disagree with all of your points.

No there are indeed about 194 missions in total. Do some more research. More substabtial in every way? ROFL not a chance. It gets pawned in many areas such as content, driving physics, story, map etc. GTA 5 also has only 70ish story missions plus 60ish S&F missions. But really only about 35 of those S&F are real side missions the rest were boring and repetitive business related missions.

I posted a link to back up what I said.  What missions are there besides what's listed there?

My source:

http://gta.wikia.com...GTA_San_Andreas

GTA V has 127 missions in total.  That doesn't include the 57 random events which are a mix of minor encounters and small missions.

Where did you get the 127 ? There is only 69 storyline missions.

The strangers and freaks missions make up the rest.  I didn't count the random encounters or any of the activities such as hunting, flight school or shooting range.  San Andreas' 105 missions include ones that are the equivalent of the strangers and freaks missions.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

I agree with OP in a sense that the game is defo geared towards multiplayer.

They've clearly put a lot more in MP and made it the priority.

Just little things like, in single player when you access your garage the screen just goes black and boom you're inside the garage....get in your car, same thing screen goes black and you're outside.

In MP, you actually see a transition scene of the garage door opening and when you get in your car you can actually drive out properly.

Not to mention the bike rack you get ONLY in MP.

Also, what OP said about the driving....me personally I've never had a big problem with the driving, it's fine IMO....defo would have been better if they used an updated/tweaked version of IV's physics, but honestly it's not that big of a deal....it's just slightly more arcadey, it's not like the driving is like what was in Sleeping Dogs or any other open world game. And I dont understand how you can say the driving in SA was better, thats just not true at all. Only thing I agree with you on the driving is the motorbike handling, absolute disgrace IMO WAY too arcadey, I cant put into words how disappointed I was when I first got on the Sanchez for the jewellery store heist, I thought my game was glitched or something.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

It's hard to take someone seriously who joined just so they could complain about the game and circlejerk over GTA SA like every other child on this forum.

Join date doesn't meab sh*t. Grow up and stop spamming.

GrandTheftAutomatic
  • GrandTheftAutomatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by GrandTheftAutomatic, 01 November 2013 - 08:27 PM.

^ Agreed. Games focus way too hard on multiplayer today and single-player is being left in the dust. Look at CoD2 and how f*cking MASSIVE the campaign was. It was like 40-something missions that took me over FIVE DAYS to get through. GTA V took me TWO DAYS to complete....MW2 only took me 6 hours. MW3 didn't take that much longer either.

The gaming industry is, generally speaking, going down a very dark road. A dark road that is littered with lackluster and/or brief story modes, overhyped and problem-ridden multiplayer, DLC spam, microtransaction spam, and flashy graphics as a cover-up. 

Yup, Single Player in video games as a whole is degrading. They plug in features that should've been included for extra money via DLC, what kind of BULLsh*t is that? What happened to buying complete games? DLC is okay when the base game is fulfilling on its own and it provides additional content. However it is a big problem when it is needed to complete the game.

That is the problem though, you let the hype get into you and expected something far more. I love this game, as I have loved every gta since I started playing in the 90`s on ps one with gta 2. 

Nah hype may play a small role, but I think objectively this game is severly lacking in the SP experience. I don't think my and other fans' expectations were anything crazy. Basically a bigger better San Andreas with improved features. I knew damn well going into this that it couldn't have every feature of San Andreas and still be that big a game. I expected fewer higher quality features but we got a bare bones SP which was clearly and afterthought.

Going to have to wait until the PC version comes out and the talented modding pool starts hitting it.  Personally, I'm looking very forward to a cop mod like LCPDFR for GTAIV.  Would give players a constructive reason to explore and see the city in it's full glory, and everything in it.

PC version will be on the best games ever, bar none. Modding community will fix problems and add tons of content. I mean just look at GTA 4 mods like iron man and what not. Can't wait for it either.

I posted a link to back up what I said.  What missions are there besides what's listed there?

The strangers and freaks missions make up the rest.  I didn't count the random encounters or any of the activities such as hunting, flight school or shooting range.  San Andreas' 105 missions include ones that are the equivalent of the strangers and freaks missions.

I don't recall exactly but trust me there are nearly 200 missions. I don't think your source counts side missions, only story ones. Also quite a few of the GTA 5 missions are just parts of a single mission, heist setups and what not. Overall game length and content is no contest, San Andreas smokes V.

Also, what OP said about the driving....me personally I've never had a big problem with the driving, it's fine IMO....defo would have been better if they used an updated/tweaked version of IV's physics, but honestly it's not that big of a deal....it's just slightly more arcadey, it's not like the driving is like what was in Sleeping Dogs or any other open world game. And I dont understand how you can say the driving in SA was better, thats just not true at all. Only thing I agree with you on the driving is the motorbike handling, absolute disgrace IMO WAY too arcadey, I cant put into words how disappointed I was when I first got on the Sanchez for the jewellery store heist, I thought my game was glitched or something.

Not true at all? The cars have far more realistic handling and physics in SA, other than the damage effects like bumpers falling off. If you don't see then you must not have played San Andreas in a long time. In SA if you turn to fast your car will slide and one half of the car may get lifted in the air, just life real life g forces at work. In GTA 5 its bullsh*t, your car can whip around corners too easily and they are glued to the floor. The cars in this game are certainly passable but the bikes and atvs make me want to vomit. In SA, hell even Vice City, turning bikes felt more enjoyable because it was closer to real life. You could never turn sharp corners at freeway speeds in that game on a moto/quad. Also popping wheelies took skill and if you leaned too far backward you fell off. In this game you just hold the botton, there you go wheelie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users