» «
Photo

GTA 5 : Single Player Gimped for MP

49 replies to this topic
GrandTheftAutomatic
  • GrandTheftAutomatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:25 AM Edited by GrandTheftAutomatic, 31 October 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Yup the facts are in, this is a multiplayer oriented game through and through. They went with something different this time. Many people who played the game have arrived at the same conclusion due to the following :

1) Missions : Only 70 story missions between 3 characters + 60 side missions. San Andreas had like nearly 200 missions. Also a lot of the ones in 5 are really short also. The heists were overhyped, only a handful of them and most don't give you any money. They advertised the hell out the 3 character dynamic but its barely even used! So few missions have freedom to swap between all 3 characters. There are more missions with 2 characters only but often the swapping makes no real difference. Usually its either a single character mission or a multicharacter mission with forced/scripted swaps......yay.

2) Map : Big empty map with nothing to do. More detailed sure, but not as many fun things to do and interact with. The map is obviously geared towards multiplayer. Playing the game I couldn't help but notice the seemingly pointlessly detailed design. Why so many ladders? Why all of these buildings out in the middle of nowhere that you can't enter? When I saw the power station it hit me. I saw everything you could climb and the whole layout and thought, yup, this is a multiplayer map. It serves zero purpose in free roam. I figured penitentiary was also MP map. Sure enough when I try online for the first time I see powerstation and penitentiary as MP maps.

3) Activities : Few activities outside of missions. 15 races total for a map this big is PATHETIC. Not to mention they are all pure and utter sh*t. The routes are boring, even off road races stay on dirt tracks and never go over hills or though woods. The AI bascially lets you win and you have to be very very bad not to win first place. San Andreas had 25 races and they AI was on your ASS. It took skill to win and that made it rewarding, as opposed to 5's pussified "races". I like how San Andreas races were not confined to city or country but could cross through both also. Then there is this :

Golf : It actually takes skill and is enjoyable.

Tennis : Sucks, too easy as it is without the game telling you where to f*cking move.

Darts : Its crap just aim in middle and win every time.

Yoga : Do I even need to explain this one.

Triathalon : Again as with races you have AI that is too easy to beat. Also tapping a that many times is a royal pain. The last one takes literally half an hour and I wanted  to just give up and let my f*cking hand rest many times.

I'll take jet packs, destruction derby, and car hydraulics over ALL of this crap.

4) Story : Poorly written and all over the place. How many times do we have to hear about crooked law enforement? Try something original Rockstar. All the characters ever do is bitch, moan and complain. Michael bitches about his life, Franklin bitches to Lamar, Trevor bitches to Micheal who bitches back at him yada yada yada. Franklin is a 2d character with no purpose. Total 3rd wheel black guy that has no lines other than yeah whatever, or okay then. Finally the ending is crap and provides no closure.

Spoiler
. San Andreas had characters with much more personality and humor. And the main story itself was quite gripping.

5) Driving & crash damage : Arcadey and a step backwards. Yes GTA 4 had sever understeer, but they shoudl've just tuned it instead of going the other way completely. And taking a head on collsion with a train only to recieve a slightly dented bumper, accelerating and stopping on the dime, and hanging right corners at high speeds, is whack. They obvious reason they did this is for multiplayer. Realism would slow it down. With all the online races, and cars being accessible in most if not all game modes arcadey makes sense. Not wrecking your car all the time and turning corners at freeway speeds without crashing speeds up gameplay and keeps the noobs happy. Its sad that San Andreas, nearly a decade old murders this game in vehicle handling. The cars drift more and you have to slow down for turns, I love how your tires can lift up on side if you turn too fast on anything with 4 wheels (In GTA 5 the cars are glued to the damn floor). The acceleration is gradual and damn near perfect. You slowly build up speed and not just float around like in GTA 5. Also the motor bikes feel like actual motor bikes. Too fast on a turn or too far back on a wheelie and you are sent flying. The way bikes handle in GTA 5 is straight up Sleeping Dogs status, very very very bad. No only do you not have to brake for 70 mph turns you don't even have to decelerate!

(10/31 EDIT) --------------------------------------------------------------

6) Economy & Progression : GTA 5 has very poor sense of progression and an uncooked economic system. Most missions give you jack sh*t and you only get

Spoiler
Moreover, this payoff is too much and it renders everyhing prior useless. Why rob secuirty vans now that I have millions or bllions of dollars? The stock market in SP is crap. Its only utilized in a precious few missions. Instead of playing it the whole game through you use it a few times in way overpowered scripted gains that make you too rich too quick. And lastly the businesses are a complete freaking joke. It takes in game years, real life weeks just to break even! San Andreas had a very nice rags to riches feel with a smooth gradual climb to the top instead of a lump sum at the end. The businesses that you unlocked later in the game were well worth it.

7) Phone is only used to call couple people per character to hang out with. Your phone is mostly cluttered with people you can't call. Hell they stay as contacts even after they die! Playing MP you can see what the phone was really made for. Its a great way to organize jobs, missions, and contact other players from the same session.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only improvement in this game is the graphics, effects, cover system, wanted system, police tactics, and brilliant AI. The AI is purely stunning. It takes cover intelligently, flanks you, climbs over walls etc. Cops use pit manuevers, try to ram you off the road, and search for you, its great.

Sorry for wall of text, but I just had to. Been waiting for this game for a long time and I want to share my concerns for not only this game, but the series as a whole. I love multiplay but have San Andreas on PC and have way more fun in that game for single player. Would've sold this game had it not been for the very fun and addicting multiplayer job portion.

• Mister Pink, NinjaWJ, Rockstar20124 and 1 other like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

It's hard to take someone seriously who joined just so they could complain about the game and circlejerk over GTA SA like every other child on this forum.

GrandTheftAutomatic
  • GrandTheftAutomatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:31 AM Edited by GrandTheftAutomatic, 31 October 2013 - 05:33 AM.

It's hard to take someone seriously who joined just so they could complain about the game and circlejerk over GTA SA like every other child on this forum.

The irony is so lost on you. That is something only an 11 year old kid would say, grow the f*ck up. Its hard to take assholes who only post to complain about another post seriously, Don't like it then f*ck off the thread and go somewhere else. You've proven that you are the child here.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

Yep.

I don't really do the whole "SA vs V" thing, but it was underwhelming.

It's fun and addictive but, at times.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I actually agree with OP.

The game doesn't feel finished in Singleplayer. It's the feeling that i've had since the first time I played it in SP. Then you can speak about all the other features you have in MP, such as all stores marked on the map, huge amount of different clothes, visible body armour, smoking animation, all the missions, and the apartments you can buy. I don't need another story about how nostalgia is messing things up for me. I have been playing GTA since 1997, that said, long time before San Andreas even was released. GTA IV was dissapointing in some ways, and so is GTA V. Removing good features and adding bad features is the new things for Rockstar since GTA IV.

• NinjaWJ likes this

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Trevor forgives Michael when you hang out with him. Mike even asks T if he wants his share of the heist!

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

The irony is so lost on you. That is something only an 11 year old kid would say, grow the f*ck up. Its hard to take assholes who only post to complain about another post seriously, Don't like it then f*ck off the thread and go somewhere else. You've proven that you are the child here.

Lol, why don't you speak for yourself. He's been here 5 years. You've only been here 6 hours. 

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:08 AM Edited by MasterK, 31 October 2013 - 09:09 AM.

So who the f*ck cares when he has joined? He played the game, and definitely played other games before this one, and has the right to compare two episode's features and flaws.

GTA V is just an unfinished business. And that IS a fact. No matter how much smaller detail is squeezed in the game, when it serves no other purpose than aesthetical ones, and has no interactivity whatsoever.

• Cyper and NinjaWJ like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Lol, why don't you speak for yourself. He's been here 5 years. You've only been here 6 hours. 

Gotta start somewhere..

The point still stands that there is quite a bit more that could have been done.

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

Los Antrax 5-7

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 31 October 2013 - 09:20 AM.

When I seen GTA5 trailer on youtube I thought this was going to be an amazing game and for myself it is/was. I'm not a GTA die hard following fan of games. I mention in another post this is actually the only GTA game I brought and took serious. Other games I was just a visitor of a play. Borrowed the game, visit my friends house and would have a go and not really care for what was going on in the story or characters. 
So for me I'm going to voice for some us "GTA Virgins" if you would call us that the game might been made a lot more for online but for us new buyers or new fans is what makes the game sell. Me and a lot of others (local people/friends in my area) brought this game just from it's hype and what they said you could do on it and believe me we still find it fun. We all finished the game and did the Lester missions so we got the billions dollars worth and all strangers complete and whatever. We still play the game and find it fun, find or follow certain easter eggs even if we look them up on the internet to get locations we still want to ourselves go to the area and see them or whatever. It's not a game built for you the "GTA die hard fans since the first GTA game ever made" it's a game to build new fans and for them die hards it seems most enjoy the online. Similar to Red Dead Redemption, which I am a follower and lover of that game. I brought the first game and the second game and enjoyed them both. Red Dead Redemption become more online involved with users and I'm not an online gamer. You can check my profile out if you on ps3 my accounts the same as my forum name: Syphiroth , and it will show I don't care for online but that's my choice. I don't piss and moan about it I just deal with what's delt and make the best of the situations or make them fun for myself in SP. If you can't use your imagination for SP events or fun after you finished the game to whatever % then maybe you need get online and fulfill your SP problems.

I don't get why so many GTA die hards compare GTA games to one another and most of SA. I don't get the love for this CJ or any of that sh*t because I wouldn't want GTA 5 to be like GTA:SA , why would you want that? It wouldn't be R* moving on with trying new things or letting go of the past and you would just have other companies busting out games and ideas or stories and R* just will get nowhere. Similar to Red Dead, I don't want (if they do make another Red Dead) it to be anything compared or similar to Redemption or Revolver. I don't mind if either characters from them games make appearances like characters do in GTA games but no way do I want similar game, story or layout from the past two. 

So this game has built a new GTA fan and following base which R* would of wanted and I'm one of them new following fans of the games now. I enjoy an I can see myself as I still enjoy Red Dead Redemption, enjoying GTA5 when the hype for mystery's or 24/7 fun is over for myself. I will still play it just to break from reality and chill back at my home while making my own adventures or fun in the game. 

Don't see why so much complaining about it... or it having to be compared to what other GTA games had in them. I'm also not a fool to understand maybe a couple more things could been added in single player. I'm still fine with what's around in single player and dealing with what the game delt. 

• Miketv likes this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

When I seen GTA5 trailer on youtube I thought this was going to be an amazing game and for myself it is/was. I'm not a GTA die hard following fan of games. I mention in another post this is actually the only GTA game I brought and took serious. Other games I was just a visitor of a play. Borrowed the game, visit my friends house and would have a go and not really care for what was going on in the story or characters. 
So for me I'm going to voice for some us "GTA Virgins" if you would call us that the game might been made a lot more for online but for us new buyers or new fans is what makes the game sell. Me and a lot of others (local people/friends in my area) brought this game just from it's hype and what they said you could do on it and believe me we still find it fun. We all finished the game and did the Lester missions so we got the billions dollars worth and all strangers complete and whatever. We still play the game and find it fun, find or follow certain easter eggs even if we look them up on the internet to get locations we still want to ourselves go to the area and see them or whatever. It's not a game built for you the "GTA die hard fans since the first GTA game ever made" it's a game to build new fans and for them die hards it seems most enjoy the online. Similar to Red Dead Redemption, which I am a follower and lover of that game. I brought the first game and the second game and enjoyed them both. Red Dead Redemption become more online involved with users and I'm not an online gamer. You can check my profile out if you on ps3 my accounts the same as my forum name: Syphiroth , and it will show I don't care for online but that's my choice. I don't piss and moan about it I just deal with what's delt and make the best of the situations or make them fun for myself in SP. If you can't use your imagination for SP events or fun after you finished the game to whatever % then maybe you need get online and fulfill your SP problems.

I don't get why so many GTA die hards compare GTA games to one another and most of SA. I don't get the love for this CJ or any of that sh*t because I wouldn't want GTA 5 to be like GTA:SA , why would you want that? It wouldn't be R* moving on with trying new things or letting go of the past and you would just have other companies busting out games and ideas or stories and R* just will get nowhere. Similar to Red Dead, I don't want (if they do make another Red Dead) it to be anything compared or similar to Redemption or Revolver. I don't mind if either characters from them games make appearances like characters do in GTA games but no way do I want similar game, story or layout from the past two. 

So this game has built a new GTA fan and following base which R* would of wanted and I'm one of them new following fans of the games now. I enjoy an I can see myself as I still enjoy Red Dead Redemption, enjoying GTA5 when the hype for mystery's or 24/7 fun is over for myself. I will still play it just to break from reality and chill back at my home while making my own adventures or fun in the game. 

Don't see why so much complaining about it... or it having to be compared to what other GTA games had in them. I'm also not a fool to understand maybe a couple more things could been added in single player. I'm still fine with what's around in single player and dealing with what the game delt. 

What you are not getting is that we don't want Rockstar to completely go back to previous installments when it comes to features, but to use their formula and improve upon them, so they could go in a direction they've set already, instead of taking a 180 degree turn, and sh*tting on the fan base's head. 

I'm not even going to say anything about online, or the new "followers" of GTA... the series has a history and some of the elements were somewhat improved, and there are even features from the older installments, like rampages. What's really sad though is that they've definitely cut lots of stuff from single player, and instead they've implemented it in multiplayer. Multiplayer, which is -- sorry to say that -- crap, since most of the newcomer gamers are just trolling twelve-years-old idiots, who do nothing but piss off other gamers. Also it's worth mentioning that when you are playing the game on consoles, you HAVE to pay for online (not the PS3 users, as far as I know), whereas when the game gets released on PC, it will have a free-to-play multiplayer.

As for getting new fans... really? I mean, they should've respected "die hard" fans, since WE are the ones keeping up the titles with modifications and other improvements. Implementing stuff, they were too f*cking lazy to listen about. Do you really think it's hard to at least... release extra content (missions, smaller features, etc) for their games and give proper support? When did IV become playable on the PC? Around the fourth patch?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

San Andreas had 25 races and they AI was on your ASS. It took skill to win and that made it rewarding, as opposed to 5's pussified "races".

I found San Andreas races easy to a point where I used BRINGITON 6 stars cheat to make things more interesting. I know that San Andreas and IV are better than V, but don't bash it with a little innacurate info. There are more than 5 races I've heard, Street races for Franklin and Offroad and Sea races for Trevor.

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

Los Antrax 5-7

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

What you are not getting is that we don't want Rockstar to completely go back to previous installments when it comes to features, but to use their formula and improve upon them, so they could go in a direction they've set already, instead of taking a 180 degree turn, and sh*tting on the fan base's head. 

I'm not even going to say anything about online, or the new "followers" of GTA... the series has a history and some of the elements were somewhat improved, and there are even features from the older installments, like rampages. What's really sad though is that they've definitely cut lots of stuff from single player, and instead they've implemented it in multiplayer. Multiplayer, which is -- sorry to say that -- crap, since most of the newcomer gamers are just trolling twelve-years-old idiots, who do nothing but piss off other gamers. Also it's worth mentioning that when you are playing the game on consoles, you HAVE to pay for online (not the PS3 users, as far as I know), whereas when the game gets released on PC, it will have a free-to-play multiplayer.

As for getting new fans... really? I mean, they should've respected "die hard" fans, since WE are the ones keeping up the titles with modifications and other improvements. Implementing stuff, they were too f*cking lazy to listen about. Do you really think it's hard to at least... release extra content (missions, smaller features, etc) for their games and give proper support? When did IV become playable on the PC? Around the fourth patch?

I understand what you are saying and if I come across saying, "f*ck the GTA die hards" I didn't mean in it like that. I'm trying to say that not all GTA games are just built for a certain base of fans and I do agree that R* should listen to the longtime loyal fans when they voice legitimate points or new ideas. Not, "GTA:SA had this, that and should be in GTA5" kind of stuff you keep reading. I wouldn't mind something's in GTA5 to been more open like stores or places you buy but do you think they will change that? I don't know how they would? I don't know too much about what they can fit into game or memory or whatever else people said they had to leave out because wouldn't fit into the game, but, I'd of liked for places to been open and one thing I actually found out I don't like much is when talking to anyone on the street after saying hello Michael, Franklin or Trevor then say some smartass remark and cops get called or a brawl breaks out. That annoys me because I like hearing what they say or have a simple chat without it going into a cop chase or fight. Would been alright if only a selected few NPC would re-act in violence or cop calls but that's my only issues. With online, I have not tried it at all. If what you are telling me is what goes on then that's not for me, at all. As you a bigtime loyal fan I'm guessing? Do you think at all they might add in some new SP features? Or opening places? Maybe eating areas or something? More strangers & Freaks, etc. Do you know if they will or anything been leaked about some SP DLC or update? 

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Green skins for weapons. :cry:

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

I understand what you are saying and if I come across saying, "f*ck the GTA die hards" I didn't mean in it like that. I'm trying to say that not all GTA games are just built for a certain base of fans and I do agree that R* should listen to the longtime loyal fans when they voice legitimate points or new ideas. Not, "GTA:SA had this, that and should be in GTA5" kind of stuff you keep reading. I wouldn't mind something's in GTA5 to been more open like stores or places you buy but do you think they will change that? I don't know how they would? I don't know too much about what they can fit into game or memory or whatever else people said they had to leave out because wouldn't fit into the game, but, I'd of liked for places to been open and one thing I actually found out I don't like much is when talking to anyone on the street after saying hello Michael, Franklin or Trevor then say some smartass remark and cops get called or a brawl breaks out. That annoys me because I like hearing what they say or have a simple chat without it going into a cop chase or fight. Would been alright if only a selected few NPC would re-act in violence or cop calls but that's my only issues. With online, I have not tried it at all. If what you are telling me is what goes on then that's not for me, at all. As you a bigtime loyal fan I'm guessing? Do you think at all they might add in some new SP features? Or opening places? Maybe eating areas or something? More strangers & Freaks, etc. Do you know if they will or anything been leaked about some SP DLC or update? 

There was some supposed "leak" about an upcoming North Yankton DLC, but yes, you are right about me not having information about DLCs. But that's another thing I don't like about the approach Rockstar took regarding the series.

In SA, we did have lots of features without the need to pay for extra content. The reason behind comparing SA to V is somewhat because they've got the ideas, and they have the mechanism for some really neat features. V has lots of unique vehicles that could have been used by simply scripting in randomized side-missions, like tow-trucking, paramedic, or firefighter missions. The Trucking mission in SA was just pure awesomeness, because even though it became repetitive, it GAVE a purpose for trucks and attachable stuff.

What you are saying is something I've been thinking about... Some extra models and textures wouldn't be that much, so they could have included restaurants (at least Cluckin' Bell and Burger Shot, if they've decided to make them somewhat more important in IV). Again, the inventory system that's present in Online should have been included in SP too... that's a sad fact. As for future DLCs, they SHOULD include these features for SP players. I'm not the kind of guy who likes multiplayer... even though I have a fan site, with three crews now... Scripted stuff is not taking up too much space...

• Syphiroth likes this

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Our UAV is online!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

OP, I agree on some points and disagree on others. 

1) I think there are more than enough story missions in game as well as the strangers and freaks side missions. I DO think they should add jobs to SP like in Online to give people a constant cash flow other than Trevor's arms trafficking missions, which are the only real jobs worth the time. Forget driving a cab. The payouts for that are a joke.

2) I must disagree. The map is open and beautiful. Is there much to do? If you walk and drive around, you'll find that there's actually a LOT to do. Random people to bump into, places to see, vast wilderness to explore. It's not all about structured activity. Just take your favorite off-roading vehicle out to Mt. Chilliad State Wilderness and you'll see what I mean. Once you start exploring the map in its entirety, you'll realize how amazing it is.

3) I agree, there's room for more activities and improvement on the ones that already exist. Golf is great, well built and well structured. Tennis is, as you said, far too monotonous and easy, as is Tennis. I personally like Darts, I just think it's a problem that you have to hike it out to Blaine County to play it. And don't get me started on the carpal tunnel I got from the final triathalon.....Many people have said it before and I'll re-iterate it. There should DEFINITELY be casinos in this game. I personally would like to see paintball down at Del Perro beach become an activity to help your shooting skill without having to engage in the actual threat of combat and enable you to do so in a manner more exciting than a target range at Ammu-Nation.

4) I strongly disagree, I think the story was fantastically done. If you take the time to do hangouts with Michael and Trevor, you'll see how Michael and Trevor come to actually become friends again. There is a LOT of closure from the ending. I'm not quite sure how you figure killing everyone that ever double-crossed you and riding off into the sunset isn't closure, abrupt and surprisingly easy as it may sound. I highly recommend you do friend activities as much as possible. You'll see a whole other world of character development you would otherwise miss.

5) I'm not quite sure how the driving physics makes you say this game was geared towards MP. While I agree, the vast overhaul of the driving engine isn't universally loved, I don't see how that proves your point that Rockstar left SP for dead while they put all their eggs into one basket with GTA:O.

I agree with you, the SP in GTA V does seem screwed over in more ways than one in favor of GTA: Online, most notably with the relative lack of clothing for each character and, of course, the TOTAL lack of purchasable safehouses and large capacity garages, features that were actually ADVERTISED as being in GTA V during the reveal trailers. However, I do think part of the problem is you haven't enjoyed all of what single-player DOES have to offer. Go take a drive down Vespucci beach and see the nice houses, go offroading up Mt. Chiliad in a Sandking. Go fly a 747-800, launch an all-out assault on the Ballas down on Grove St. There's actually a lot of unstructured fun to be had in this game, even though I do agree with you that there's room for much more.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 31 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Yup the facts are in, this is a multiplayer oriented game through and through. They went with something different this time. Many people who played the game have arrived at the same conclusion due to the following :

1) Missions : Only 70 story missions between 3 characters + 60 side missions. San Andreas had like nearly 200 missions. Also a lot of the ones in 5 are really short also. The heists were overhyped, only a handful of them and most don't give you any money. They advertised the hell out the 3 character dynamic but its barely even used! So few missions have freedom to swap between all 3 characters. There are more missions with 2 characters only but often the swapping makes no real difference. Usually its either a single character mission or a multicharacter mission with forced/scripted swaps......yay.

Actually San Andreas had 105 missions in total.

My source:

http://gta.wikia.com...GTA_San_Andreas

GTA V has 127 missions in total.  That doesn't include the 57 random events which are a mix of minor encounters and small missions.

So it's not true that San Andreas has more missions.  GTA V is a more substantial game than San Andreas in every way.

Everything else in your post is a matter of opinion.  I disagree with all of your points.

GrandTheftAutomatic
  • GrandTheftAutomatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by GrandTheftAutomatic, 31 October 2013 - 04:11 PM.

ROFL, what is your point. You guys make me f*cking laugh. What matters more that I've played hundreds and hundreds of hours of GTA since Vice City or that I'm new to this thread? Get out of here with that crap.

GrandTheftAutomatic
  • GrandTheftAutomatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by GrandTheftAutomatic, 31 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

^ This. If an older game has more and better features, then why play the newer one? San Andreas SP smokes this game's. I would have this game on craiglist right now had it not been for the multilayer which I do enjoy a lot.

San Andreas had 25 races and they AI was on your ASS. It took skill to win and that made it rewarding, as opposed to 5's pussified "races".

I found San Andreas races easy to a point where I used BRINGITON 6 stars cheat to make things more interesting. I know that San Andreas and IV are better than V, but don't bash it with a little innacurate info. There are more than 5 races I've heard, Street races for Franklin and Offroad and Sea races for Trevor.

San Andreas races were much more difficult. GTA 5 has 15 races as I stated above. I'm saying 5's (GTA 5's) races not 5 races. There are just 5 street races, 6 off road races and 4 sea races and I found all of them to be extremely lame. Oh I and forgot to mention the face that you can hold y and respawn if you mess up. That is what I consider dumbed down hand holding. I prefer if you mess up, you mess up.

My source:

GTA V has 127 missions in total.  That doesn't include the 57 random events which are a mix of minor encounters and small missions.

So it's not true that San Andreas has more missions.  GTA V is a more substantial game than San Andreas in every way.

Everything else in your post is a matter of opinion.  I disagree with all of your points.

No there are indeed about 194 missions in total. Do some more research. More substabtial in every way? ROFL not a chance. It gets pawned in many areas such as content, driving physics, story, map etc. GTA 5 also has only 70ish story missions plus 60ish S&F missions. But really only about 35 of those S&F are real side missions the rest were boring and repetitive business related missions.

OP, I agree on some points and disagree on others. 

1) I think there are more than enough story missions in game as well as the strangers and freaks side missions. I DO think they should add jobs to SP like in Online to give people a constant cash flow other than Trevor's arms trafficking missions, which are the only real jobs worth the time. Forget driving a cab. The payouts for that are a joke.

2) I must disagree. The map is open and beautiful. Is there much to do? If you walk and drive around, you'll find that there's actually a LOT to do. Random people to bump into, places to see, vast wilderness to explore. It's not all about structured activity. Just take your favorite off-roading vehicle out to Mt. Chilliad State Wilderness and you'll see what I mean. Once you start exploring the map in its entirety, you'll realize how amazing it is.

3) I agree, there's room for more activities and improvement on the ones that already exist. Golf is great, well built and well structured. Tennis is, as you said, far too monotonous and easy, as is Tennis. I personally like Darts, I just think it's a problem that you have to hike it out to Blaine County to play it. And don't get me started on the carpal tunnel I got from the final triathalon.....Many people have said it before and I'll re-iterate it. There should DEFINITELY be casinos in this game. I personally would like to see paintball down at Del Perro beach become an activity to help your shooting skill without having to engage in the actual threat of combat and enable you to do so in a manner more exciting than a target range at Ammu-Nation.

4) I strongly disagree, I think the story was fantastically done. If you take the time to do hangouts with Michael and Trevor, you'll see how Michael and Trevor come to actually become friends again. There is a LOT of closure from the ending. I'm not quite sure how you figure killing everyone that ever double-crossed you and riding off into the sunset isn't closure, abrupt and surprisingly easy as it may sound. I highly recommend you do friend activities as much as possible. You'll see a whole other world of character development you would otherwise miss.

5) I'm not quite sure how the driving physics makes you say this game was geared towards MP. While I agree, the vast overhaul of the driving engine isn't universally loved, I don't see how that proves your point that Rockstar left SP for dead while they put all their eggs into one basket with GTA:O.

I agree with you, the SP in GTA V does seem screwed over in more ways than one in favor of GTA: Online, most notably with the relative lack of clothing for each character and, of course, the TOTAL lack of purchasable safehouses and large capacity garages, features that were actually ADVERTISED as being in GTA V during the reveal trailers. However, I do think part of the problem is you haven't enjoyed all of what single-player DOES have to offer. Go take a drive down Vespucci beach and see the nice houses, go offroading up Mt. Chiliad in a Sandking. Go fly a 747-800, launch an all-out assault on the Ballas down on Grove St. There's actually a lot of unstructured fun to be had in this game, even though I do agree with you that there's room for much more.

2) Yes it looks gorgeous and you can have fun messing around : offroading, stunts, climbing towers and sniping peds, skydiving, biking. But honestly it lacks the balance between civilization and country that San Andreas had. Its just too empty. In San Andreas you could do all of those things but also mess around in the many small farming towns, stealing combines and using them to run people over and stuff.

4) The story between Trevor and Micheal is actually interesting. However the plot consists of them bitching constantly at one another which really kills the interest.

Spoiler

5) The driving physics and crash damage makes multiplayer games quicker and easier while reducing the fun in single player. Its far more fun doing stunts in San Andreas with bikes because they actually handle the way they should and it takes skill to pop wheelies, maneuver at high speeds, etc. And it was more tense during police fights when you had to avoid ramming walls at high speeds so your car wouldn't explode.

Unstructured fun is great, but in needs more actual activities. Most if not all the things you could already do in SA. Modding your cars is fun, buts its not a game in and of it self. After you pass the piss easy and too few street races you are left with driving around or running from cops.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they focused heavily on MP and sacrificed the SP in this game, what makes you think they won't do it for the next one? I just don't think we'll get a single player GTA experience like San Andreas ever again.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

My source:

Where did you get the 127 ? There is only 69 storyline missions.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

As a die hard GTA fan, I am pretty disappointed with V. Many things have improved, but the game seems unfinished and has a strong multiplayer focus. And with cash cards, the insanely high priced multiplayer items and low mission payouts their is a clear example of Rockstars cash priority. I understand it's a business but there comes a point where a game is art, and decisions should be made based on player interest.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by bicycles?, 31 October 2013 - 05:33 PM.

The bawsaq, which includes the important lester mission stocks, and tinkle, and other big money makers, isn't accessible for offline players.

Offline players also can't save pictures with the cellphone camera, it's totally useless except as a sh*tty telescope.

We also don't get any of the basic patches/fixes, which shouldn't have been needed in the first place if the game was actually tested, and it's not looking like rockstar's going to ever release a fixed/completed disk.

It's literally a $60 demo disk, constantly prompting you to go online/sign up for their social club for basic content that old games on previous systems had no problem including.

I'm never supporting rockstar again, and I don't feel bad about constantly bitching about it, and I'll be warning others about all these examples before their next release, because it's 100% clear that they have no respect for the customers.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

As someone who has been a die hard GTA fan since the birds eye view days and even made some mods back in the day I can see where the OP is coming from.

It really is a Multi Player game with a poorly done Single Player Mode.

It's a real let down and doesn't feel like any of the previous GTA titles simply because in the past, it was all about fully immersing the player with endless things to see and do not making a nice looking world with cool places to hang out with your mates.

If I had known what it was like, I doubt I would have even bought it brand new never mind waiting like a moron at midnight to get it on release date.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 31 October 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Agree mostly with the OP, although I do enjoy SP rampaging...just like in the previous titles.  I'm surprised about the mass push by major game developers for online only MMO style gaming.  99% of gamers do not play online and have no interest in doing so.  I for one deal with assholes all day long that i'd rather not have to deal with, why am I forced to deal with assholes when gaming by being forced to play the game online?  

I do enjoy online a bit, but it is tiring having to always pay attention to who is near you and avoiding ambushes.  Let's hope they address some of the issues with the next few DLCs.  Although with RDR all the DLCs were for online gaming upgrades.

DrDetroit 

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Our UAV is online!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

^ Agreed. Games focus way too hard on multiplayer today and single-player is being left in the dust. Look at CoD2 and how f*cking MASSIVE the campaign was. It was like 40-something missions that took me over FIVE DAYS to get through. GTA V took me TWO DAYS to complete....MW2 only took me 6 hours. MW3 didn't take that much longer either.

The gaming industry is, generally speaking, going down a very dark road. A dark road that is littered with lackluster and/or brief story modes, overhyped and problem-ridden multiplayer, DLC spam, microtransaction spam, and flashy graphics as a cover-up. 

• NinjaWJ likes this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

My source:

Did you know that getting the vehicles and stuff for heists are counted as STORYLINE missions too? And that is, my friend a big f*cking joke if you ask me. Those are not even missionst TBH. 

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

The only way we as gamers are going to stop this is to simply not play online, never ever buy dlc and send intellectual sounding rants to game producers. DON'T BE A SHEEP! Stand up for yourself and tell them enough of this shît!

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by bicycles?, 31 October 2013 - 06:53 PM.

the president of Sony put this out at the end of May.

he said '"Death Ray Manta" coming to PlayStation Vita!' in response to people campaigning against ps4 drm stuff.  Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the neon signage immediately makes me think of the GTA series...

vdd4y8.png

Sony President Trolls Everyone

I have a really hard time believing that all the 'console limitation' downfalls, regressions/missing features, 'mistakes' that need patching, and 'overlooked' details in this game were at all accidental. Not with the amount of time, money, and cross-media hype that went into it.

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

That is the problem though, you let the hype get into you and expected something far more. I love this game, as I have loved every gta since I started playing in the 90`s on ps one with gta 2. 

There are some things I feel are missing and some obvious opportunities that felt obvious. As others have mentioned, stuff like gang wars is something very easy to implement, yet it`s not there. I am not gonna list all my complaints as others have mentioned it by now. But still, if I really was set to hate this game, which would I go to? I love sandbox games but many of them fall so short of gta in many ways.

Saints row 4 was an utter joke compared to this, it`s so bad on many areas except cuztomisation, in which they totally nails compared to gta. But how vehicles are, npc, the whole world and so forth, it`s so lacking. Same goes jc2, very stale in my opinion, even with mods. 

Then again, I love rockstars games, they create games that I heavily enjoy and get a lot of fun from compared to many other games. 

With that said, I am not a fan of cutting out content in sp to make room for in mp, I hate that sh*t and if it really is gonna go that way, then I am out of it. They have not pushed it yet, mp feels very poor in my opinion compared to the single player. The missions are very repetitive(obvious that would happen) but the whole system in how it works. And there is only 3 different apartments, not really impressive considering how many that will play this and that eventually most people will have the most expensive one. 

GrandTheftAutomatic
  • GrandTheftAutomatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by GrandTheftAutomatic, 31 October 2013 - 07:18 PM.

The bawsaq, which includes the important lester mission stocks, and tinkle, and other big money makers, isn't accessible for offline players.

Offline players also can't save pictures with the cellphone camera, it's totally useless except as a sh*tty telescope.

We also don't get any of the basic patches/fixes, which shouldn't have been needed in the first place if the game was actually tested, and it's not looking like rockstar's going to ever release a fixed/completed disk.

It's literally a $60 demo disk, constantly prompting you to go online/sign up for their social club for basic content that old games on previous systems had no problem including.

I'm never supporting rockstar again, and I don't feel bad about constantly bitching about it, and I'll be warning others about all these examples before their next release, because it's 100% clear that they have no respect for the customers.

Yeah online only content that could've easily been added to SP is pure BULLSH*T. Why the f*ck do i need internet to take photos or train chop? Also why aren't things like robbing stores in SP? You have hardly any car space but plenty online. Very dissapointing overall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Essentially the main things they advertised the crap out of in SP turned out to be less than underwhelming :

1) Heists - too few, whack pay outs

2) Multi-character missions - few

3) Stock Market - barely used, when it is its OP as sh*t

4) Businesses - abysmal ROI (return on investment)

5) Safehouses/garages - very little

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users