Photo

Coloured wheels, WHY?

256 replies to this topic
ar0ra7374
  • ar0ra7374

YEWF

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

They look tacky as hell!  Why do people do this? I will go as far as white cos they look pretty nice with some low riders and black cos they go well with most cars but orange, green, blue etc... seriously uncool!

• tenpennyisplainevil and ShinobiFixer like this

who-dat
  • who-dat

SAR commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Ok, that's your taste in rims...good to know....

Erebosgaminghd
  • Erebosgaminghd

Gaming YouTuber

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

Because I can't afford bright white $20,000 rims in real life...

• Ace Bandit 23 likes this

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

Why not? Don't like them, don't use them.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

I completely agree with you OP.

I cringe everytime I see it. Bright green rims on a chrome Buggati or a black Range Rover with red rims + custom tires.

Most peoples taste in cars and clothes is horrendous and GTA proves that. Maybe I shouldn't say horrendous, unique is a little more fitting. Still though...

• tenpennyisplainevil and ar0ra7374 like this

ar0ra7374
  • ar0ra7374

YEWF

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

Because I can't afford bright white $20,000 rims in real life...

The game aint real life?

• Ace Bandit 23 likes this

Garland137
  • Garland137

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

Didn't take a picture, but at one point my Coquette was sand blue with orange as the secondary colour, with matching orange wheels.  Looked pretty good.  Probably helped all the cosmetic mods made it look like one of the racing GT cars.

Coloured wheels can look good if you use them right.

• singemfrc likes this

ar0ra7374
  • ar0ra7374

YEWF

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

Why not? Don't like them, don't use them.

Lol i don't use them, but why do others! They look shocking!

I completely agree with you OP.

I cringe everytime I see it. Bright green rims on a chrome Buggati or a black Range Rover with red rims + custom tires.

Most peoples taste in cars and clothes is horrendous and GTA proves that. Maybe I shouldn't say horrendous, unique is a little more fitting. Still though...

Cringe everytime. I actually feel sorry knowing they think it looks cool!

ar0ra7374
  • ar0ra7374

YEWF

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Didn't take a picture, but at one point my Coquette was sand blue with orange as the secondary colour, with matching orange wheels.  Looked pretty good.  Probably helped all the cosmetic mods made it look like one of the racing GT cars.

When have you seen a blue car with orange wheels lol :p

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

They look tacky as hell!  Why do people do this? I will go as far as white cos they look pretty nice with some low riders and black cos they go well with most cars but orange, green, blue etc... seriously uncool!

Same, I go with white or black.

• ar0ra7374 likes this

MarkGTAV
  • MarkGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

Most are tacky but I've seen a handful of brilliant combinations that compliment the paint job. I guess its just down to a matter of taste.

KingJay
  • KingJay

BTNHLegacy

• Members

Why not? My cars are all red and black with either red rims or black rims.

• Snoop_Willy likes this

ISL_Eightone
  • ISL_Eightone

Mark Chump

• Members

Look at a colour wheel, and note what colour is opposite blue.  There's method in that madness! :)

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

It also depends what car it is.

Spoilers for example can also ruin a cars appearance.

I have a tailgater in my garage and that thing has nothing but some new set of rims and a bluish silver paint job. Modding an A4 to make it look like it's meant for racing is just mehh.

It's obvious all the car freaks and tuners are out numbered on this game, I haven't seen 1 single person, ok maybe just the 1, with good car taste.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

early 00's there was a show car in sydney that (4 door honda civic) that was orange with blue wheels. not my cup of tea but it won a few awards.

ar0ra7374
  • ar0ra7374

YEWF

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

Look at a colour wheel, and note what colour is opposite blue.  There's method in that madness! :)

Not when you're applying it to cars lol :p

I have a tailgater in my garage and that thing has nothing but some new set of rims and a bluish silver paint job. Modding an A4 to make it look like it's meant for racing is just mehh.

It's obvious all the car freaks and tuners are out numbered on this game, I haven't seen 1 single person, ok maybe just the 1, with good car taste.

Are you on xbox? Think you'll like my garage then :) although i have a chrome hearse that i kept how i got it cos well, it's a hearse, can't get any worse really!

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

Yeah i wouldn't put colored wheels near a car either.there are some seriously tacky motors knocking about los santos...

• ar0ra7374 likes this

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

early 00's there was a show car in sydney that (4 door honda civic) that was orange with blue wheels. not my cup of tea but it won a few awards.

What you must note is that these cars IRL with such crazy paint jobs have numerous modifications i.e full body kits, custom interiors, vinyls/decals and the car itself is suitable for such madness.

The thought of a Blue+Green pearlescent Lamborghini with baby blue rims is stomach churning. 

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

I have a white Saber Turbo, black stripes, the chrome removed, white rims and the small black spoiler. Wasn't thinking when I made my custom license plate "sablya" which is Saber in Russian. So that actually worked out better than planned.

Matty079
  • Matty079

Slammed Schwartzer Slidin

• Members
  • Australia

I agree with OP, colourful wheels very rarely work on cars. I stick to black/white. I could understand on a drift/race car but even then some of the colours I see are just hideous lol

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by D_Marco, 31 October 2013 - 03:30 AM.

Are you on xbox? Think you'll like my garage then :) although i have a chrome hearse that i kept how i got it cos well, it's a hearse, can't get any worse really!

Yeah, invite me if you want, wouldn't mind taking a look.

GT : Greedy Marco x

EDIT: The one mod I do love is the truck horn. I make sure I put it on almost all my cars especially my Mini haha. 

ar0ra7374
  • ar0ra7374

YEWF

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

Really? Most the cars on GTAO remind me of bad looking cars in the max power mags or something you would find in a hot wheels set

ar0ra7374
  • ar0ra7374

YEWF

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

I have a white Saber Turbo, black stripes, the chrome removed, white rims and the small black spoiler. Wasn't thinking when I made my custom license plate "sablya" which is Saber in Russian. So that actually worked out better than planned.

My Sabre was green (not lime for christ sake) with the chrome still on and the muscles rims where part of them are coloured (white) and part stay black! Man that car looked awesome!

• madmanaz likes this

Garland137
  • Garland137

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

image004.jpg

• who-dat likes this

ar0ra7374
  • ar0ra7374

YEWF

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

Yeah, invite me if you want, wouldn't mind taking a look.

GT : Greedy Marco x

EDIT: The one mod I do love is the truck horn. I make sure I put it on almost all my cars especially my Mini haha. 

I'm not on at the mo but i will add you when i am and we can have a look at each others :)

This was my garage at one point but i've changed a couple since.  Still have the BF surfer, rat-loader, XF, and adder though!

http://gtaforums.com...rly-the-best-;/

thoughts? lol

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by blk95ta, 31 October 2013 - 03:44 AM.

because back in the 70s the firebird trans am was black with gold wheels

1977+trans+am.jpg

0_0.jpg

• Ronrollin9434, ar0ra7374 and SKaREO like this

BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:42 AM Edited by BloodRedSpark, 31 October 2013 - 03:44 AM.

I always have my entire car match. If it's an orange car, I like having orange rims and orange smoke, so forth. It makes the car look nicer, I think. Sorry we don't all like being bland, OP.

Then again, I normally like the Shadow or Hyper high-end wheels/rims. I think they look the nicest.
  • Chaos-Elite likes this

ar0ra7374
  • ar0ra7374

YEWF

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

image004.jpg

and it looks hideous! The car is amazing itself though so it kinda gets away with it

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

It does look weird in some cars. But if they want their car to look like that, it's their problem.

• ar0ra7374 likes this

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

Because GTA is not real life, and people do in GTA what they would not do in real life.

Why is this even a topic.

• BurnCK and who-dat like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users