Photo

Why is auto-aim better than free-aim?

51 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

SOME may do it just so they can talk about it around places like this thinking they going to get some recognition for their l33t feat of superiority.
But I bet the ones that talk down on aa mode probably isn't even that good on fa.
Because ask any real competitive fps player and they will tell you aiming is not NEARLY as important as positioning. Especially on gta, doesn't matter how l33t you are at free aim, once your position is compromised, game over.

You seem to be insecure of yourself and feel threatened when people shows confidence in themselves, thats not healthy mate. Besides its not about being elite, its about having fun - and AA absolutely kills that in a GTA gunfight ... I dont care if you can beat me, thats not the point - but i want to have fun when you do it ...
Oh yes please show us how to have fun your way because we are all inferior to you. http://socialclub.ro...taonline/career
Fkin 1.5 kdr...
Lol I like your strength stat. Take damage much?

What a giant douche bag you are.
I am giving you or your threads no more of my time.
I hope to never meet you or anyone like you in real life.
Arrogant/ignorant douchebag.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

@kromix
Seems like you get killed a lot of times then you rage quit /:

@kromix
Seems like you get killed a lot of times then you rage quit /:

Lol how did you get to that conclusion ? Because i find AA to easy and predictable ? *shrugs*
Are you one of the many players that flees my free roam session because im superior in every way ? oh i forgot, you are on AA servers ...

Auto-aim sessions are always full
All your friends plays in auto-aim sessions
Is the game default mechanic
You can enjoy more the gameYou can kill those idiots that sucks in auto-aim and make them go back to their empty free-aim sessions
In auto-aim we have cookies
Also those players that quit to free-aim are those who sucked bad in auto-aim
Cry hard, try hard and w8 for rape free-aim fags

oh you edited your post ...This is funny ... How can anyone suck at auto aiming ? its not like you have to spend 15 minutes learning how to use it properly is it ? oh ... ... really ?

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

You seem al gung-ho about portraying me as the arrogant one here, when in fact i was just returning an insult i didnt ask for ... I at least argue my opinions, but i suspect they didnt even land on your table seeing how limited your cognitive abilities are ... Now go and find another wiki link or something or better yet, one of those troll pics im sure your pc is loaded with ...

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:42 AM Edited by Ronrollin9434, 31 October 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Free-aim requires more skill. You'll also generally find more mature people in free aim servers, straight up. Since it's free aim, people don't follow you like f*cking piranhas whenever you're within a half mile radius of them just to auto shoot you. I've found it to be a very refreshing switch.

Darkclox
  • Darkclox

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

Just playing in free-aim servers won't make you more mature or more l33t, is just a change of servers, a very bad change.

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

My friend told me auto aim is better.

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

All these aim assist peasants lack the logic understand obviously. 

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

How can anyone suck at Auto aim?

I want to go on a big rant right now but its notworth it.

Keep letting the game play for you OP

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

Stevie Wonder could win a gun fight with auto aim..   This thread is dumb and so is auto aim.

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

Stevie Wonder could win a gun fight with auto aim..   This thread is dumb and so is auto aim.

I don't think gun fight and auto aim should be used in the same sentence. 

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

All these aim assist peasants lack the logic understand obviously. 

Says the person that can't even form a correct sentence. 

All of you need to shut the f*ck up and just play the game. Why do any of you give a sh*t how someone else plays? If anyone of you can explain that to me in 10 paragraphs I will give it to you. 

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Free aim blows in GTA on consoles. I maxed my sensitivity up and i still get that gradual slow cresendo of movement.

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

auto aim takes off the last bit of challenge this game has to offer

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

So if i used sniper, that counts as a free aimer right ? Lol

RedHound88
  • RedHound88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by RedHound88, 31 October 2013 - 08:54 AM.

I hope they fix Auto Aim, I always ended shoot the wrong guy then the one I assumed, why i keep targeting enemies behind cover instead the one who facing me directly and close ?

it's ruined system, i liked GTA IV/RDR more then GTAV system, it's broken my friend and i can't believe you ignore the issues.

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Auto aim does suck but that's just my opinion. It takes way more skill to shoot someone down in auto aim. Is that even the argument lmao?

OP got offended when someone had a different opinion lmao

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 31 October 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Because ask any real competitive fps player and they will tell you aiming is not NEARLY as important as positioning. Especially on gta, doesn't matter how l33t you are at free aim, once your position is compromised, game over.

Not trying to start an argument, but aim IS the single most important thing for a competitive FPS. Especially Counter Strike, where you are not as much about cover and positioning but about dropping your opponents as fast as you can in a rush / counter rush scenario. And shooting at the head is always faster than shooting at lower torso.

It might vary from game to game, but for 1st person shooters aim is THE most sought after "skill".

3rd person shooters may vary based on how cover is used, I agree (TLOU, GTA, etc). You STILL need to hit your opponent, though, so aim comes in handy.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

I hope they fix Auto Aim, I always ended shoot the wrong guy then the one I assumed, why i keep targeting enemies behind cover instead the one who facing me directly and close ?

it's ruined system, i liked GTA IV/RDR more then GTAV system, it's broken my friend and i can't believe you ignore the issues.

They cant fix auto aim... But you can fix your aim and play free aim.. Then you'll never have to worry about 'auto aim snap on targeting the wrong player.

Common people..  Free Aim is not super difficult. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:44 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 31 October 2013 - 02:45 PM.

They cant fix auto aim... But you can fix your aim and play free aim.. Then you'll never have to worry about 'auto aim snap on targeting the wrong player.

Here`s my issue with it; and no, I don`t want to start an argument - just to try and explain my position.

I am and always have been mainly a PC gamer. I am used to snap targeting and precise movement. 

On consoles, using free-aim, it takes so much longer than what I am used to, that it is borderline disgusting. That and the constant fighting the damn stick to go PRECISELY where I want it to go. That takes an unacceptable amount of time, IMO.

Subjective point of view? You bet. I am not and never will be a "console player", but rather a casual "when a game is exclusive for consoles and/or delayed launch for console first". I don`t want to "hone" my skills for something I`ll never use for a too long time. I am selfish, I know. Always have been.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by Vooodu, 31 October 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Here`s my issue with it; and no, I don`t want to start an argument - just to try and explain my position.

I am and always have been mainly a PC gamer. I am used to snap targeting and precise movement. 

On consoles, using free-aim, it takes so much longer than what I am used to, that it is borderline disgusting. That and the constant fighting the damn stick to go PRECISELY where I want it to go. That takes an unacceptable amount of time, IMO.

Subjective point of view? You bet. I am not and never will be a "console player", but rather a casual "when a game is exclusive for consoles and/or delayed launch for console first". I don`t want to "hone" my skills for something I`ll never use for a too long time.

Meh... Dude i play on PC and Xbox.

Ya, hey.  Aiming with a mouse on PC is waaaaaaaaaaaay easier then console.

And yes... GTA free aim is a little wonky.  But the wonky and slow ness is what makes it fun.  Gun fights are actual gun fights with bullets flying everywhere.

But you know what.. You get used to it and you get better at it.  Which to me is the best part of playing any game.   And the part that makes it difficult is what makes it fun.

I mean, if you convince yourself auto aim is a cheat and only use Free Aim you will eventually get good enough to laugh off auto aim.  Which is where most of the free aim players coming from here.

Ive only ever used free aim in GTA 4, RDR and GTA V and can't see myself turning on a cheat option to let the game play itself.

Common man!!!    Free Aim!! :D

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Auto aim=training wheels
Use training wheels, get laughed at by those who dont need them.
  • Fearx-- likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Common man!!!    Free Aim!! :D

Perhaps... :p . "We`ll see" is the only honest answer I can give you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users