Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will the online features come to single player?

19 replies to this topic
MyGTAusername
  • MyGTAusername

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

I would love to see the features in online be in single player. Right now with single player each character can only have a limited amount of vehicles and if you dare to drive one of them you could lose it forever but with online you can purchase insurance + a tracker. Also the quick menu to take mask on or off, eat food, quickly find a location would be great in single player. Of course we can wait and hope for a PC version and a  mod to add these features but I was hoping for them to on the console versions. I'm sure there are more features I haven't thought of but do you think we will ever see the online features in single player?

• Bumbarashka likes this

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

It would be nice. The limited garage space is... a very interesting choice R* made. It would be awesome to jack cars and resell them at the LSC. This would have been nice at the beginning of the game when money was pretty tight. I won't hold my breath for any of this. R* seems to have their focus on ONE thing. multi-muthf*ckin-goddamn-playa....

• MyGTAusername likes this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

This isn't Gran Turismo, it's not The Sims...it's GTA for f*cks sake!

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:59 AM Edited by RememberToTaper, 31 October 2013 - 03:00 AM.

I like the eating snacks idea.

It really makes you prepare for the bigger, tougher missions when you know health will be a problem.

And you also feel like you're interacting with the city more by buying and loading up on snacks at the convenience store.

I wonder if Rockstar left that out to keep more challenge in the SP considering we can buy armour already.

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Rockstar has said from the start they're treating SP and Online as separate games, so as nice as it would seem online has more options.

MyGTAusername
  • MyGTAusername

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

Rockstar has said from the start they're treating SP and Online as separate games, so as nice as it would seem online has more options.

They still can be separate games with missions and even the game play but seeing how you have a lot more money in single player and can actually have more of a free roam experience without worrying about wasting precious money. it would be nice to see a few online features in single player.

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

I personally think the money making system in GTAO makes it more fun to be honest.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Tally target, weapon away.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 31 October 2013 - 02:43 PM.

GTA: Online and GTA: V are not "separate games" and for Rockstar to treat them that way is a joke. It's the same engine, same map, etc.

GTA: Online isn't even worthy of being called a multiplayer component yet, it still has so many problems. Rockstar is going through GTA:O left and right and slashing mission rewards. First they patched Violent Duct. Then Madrazo's missions. Then ALL mission replay rewards were halved. 

Everytime players find a way to make money at a decent pace, Rockstar comes along and kills it. Why the hell would anyone want to play Online now. It's not like you can troll or mess around? Blowing up player vehicles gets you a bad sport rating and the cops are all over you the second you even THINK of doing something illegal, which makes up 90% of what people do in GTA: Online in the first place.

They should add all the online features to singleplayer, without question. People like me need an excuse to never touch Online again. I hardly want to suffer that nonsense just enjoy a bigger garage that's filled with cars I'm not high level enough to even BEGIN to mod.

YFV17D
  • YFV17D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

I consider these to be two separate games, and should have been released as such. There should have been banks to rob and ability to sell stolen cars for a small fraction in the single player. The single player is far too story driven in that there is little to do outside the few missions they give you. Also, there are not enough properties to purchase that are interesting to own, along with a lack of interiors. Clearly R* had the intention of appealing mainly to the multiplayer crowd, and sacrificed the single player. 

• tch2296 likes this

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Tally target, weapon away.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I consider these to be two separate games, and should have been released as such. There should have been banks to rob and ability to sell stolen cars for a small fraction in the single player. The single player is far too story driven in that there is little to do outside the few missions they give you. Also, there are not enough properties to purchase that are interesting to own, along with a lack of interiors. Clearly R* had the intention of appealing mainly to the multiplayer crowd, and sacrificed the single player. 

They'd be two separate games if they could each stand on their own, which they can't. Both lack the kind of diversity and variety of activities to be considered independent games.

YFV17D
  • YFV17D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

They'd be two separate games if they could each stand on their own, which they can't. Both lack the kind of diversity and variety of activities to be considered independent games.

Okay they should have been released that way, but R* simply didn't put enough effort into them as individuals to be released that way. I can see how that was probably the original intent, and they just gave up on it. 

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Once you buy the game, theres no way for them to get more money from you on the single player part. They set up the multiplayer so that you can pay real money to get things in game. Some give the excuse that its because its a business.

I doubt they will ever do anything else for the SP part. Theres no revenue for them to fix and add to it.

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

A whole new story like ballad of gay tony or lost and the damned was pretty successful wasn't it? Same with the dlc for red dead I think.

Guess the problem is, this game is bigger than those and I think they are trying to take this online thing very serious. So we will see, I am hoping for something like those two but I am not gonna bet money on it either.

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

We will also have initial details on more additional content coming for both Story Mode and GTA Online in the next few weeks.

stuff is coming for single player :) lets hope its good stuff, because as much fun as I am having playing online with my mates, I really wish single player had more.

http://www.rockstarg...ine-update.html

MyGTAusername
  • MyGTAusername

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:42 AM Edited by MyGTAusername, 15 November 2013 - 01:51 AM.

I get mad every time I play single player now, I just HATE how they ruined single player by not adding these features. Oh I want to drive my expensive car, better rember to not save untill I return it to the garage and if I do destroy it I have to reload the previous save file. Oh look at the cool car I'd love to own have in my garage, oh not enough room. On the note of not enough room I recently found a hardtop version of the 9F and wanted to switch it out with the one in my garage but it wasn't that easy I had to safely park the hardtop version somewhere, get into the soft top and drive to the hardtop then drive back! It really frustrates me they give taunt us with all the features in multiplayer (which isn't even that good). Also now this new beach bum pack is a load of crap because if I dare want to customize one the DLC cars I'd have to give up space in my garage for it probably. I can't stop thinking about it each time I play GTA V, Im almosted tempted to sell my copy because honestly I can't enjoy it as much as I'd love to. The story line was AMAZING and the map is great but aside from that the game is crap to me. Don't give us the option to buy cool cars if the game won't even support having the cars!!!

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

For SP we'll all have to wait for the PC and the modders to shine this game up.  Until then I have pretty good fun in SP and GTAO, but would be nice to get some more features now in SP.  Just think of how the PC version will look a year after the release, when the modds are comming out in full glory.  Can't wait.

Good day,

DrDetroit

• Costar likes this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

Though modding isn't an excuse for Rockstar not giving a crap about Single Player.

• MyGTAusername likes this

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

This is biggest issue with V. They focused too much to MP. I don't care about MP I want quality Singe Player

• MyGTAusername and 5.7 like this

MyGTAusername
  • MyGTAusername

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by MyGTAusername, 19 November 2013 - 08:18 PM.

This is biggest issue with V. They focused too much to MP. I don't care about MP I want quality Singe Player

I tottaly agree, with multiplayer you get more vehicles to purchase online for  your garage. I don't care if I can buy stuff in multiplayer because I can't afford it but mean while in single player where I am rich there is limited things to buy and limited space to put purchased items. It's cool that R* has it so you can see your cars in the garage but I like Saints Row 3 garage system much better. Even the updated are geared towards making online better while single player hasn't changed

MyGTAusername
  • MyGTAusername

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

I made a request to R* and they gave me some BS repsonse. http://support.rocks...equests/1386185

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users