Photo

Mysterious Sentinel XS?

143 replies to this topic
D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think there's different kinds of the trouble makers.

The Sentinel himself is certainly cunning and very mysterious. He shows up so unexpectedly and runs you over or executes the perfect drive by.

He also doesn't seem to look like he belongs to any in-game gang like the ballas/lost/gs family/methed up rednecks.

SynchronousSnake
  • SynchronousSnake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

I've had some odd creepy encounters with the sentinel.. I'm level 122 and this just started happening to me last night while being informed about it by a crew member while in a crew lobby with a thrid member...I called shenanigans on it and chalked it up to as non existent.. he was telling me this as we were going to Mendozas house while on a mission and right after we finished the mission the sentinel ran me down.. As soon as we spawned in freeroam.... Inside the gate.. He went out of his way to get me in there let me tell you.. Then tried to speed off luckily I had body armour on and managed to survive with just a sliver of health left and had time to get up and dump half a clip from my ap pistol in his head as he was trying to exit out of the place...

Now he stalks me everywhere.. Every damn lobby. Solo,public,invite only,closed crew. Every time I log in he's there waiting for me regardless if the server is full or empty...He hasn't killed me yet cause I'm always expecting him...

There's got to be something to this cause his plate has different messages on them each time. Some easy to decipher others very cryptic... And always that same damn music blasting from his car. It's always the same guy but he does change clothes sometimes.. Once today he was wearing a epsilon uniform... And another he was wearing super heavy body armour like a player does .. I haven't seen a npc do that yet.. I also think he's getting tougher.. Now it takes almost a full clip to the head instead of just half.. And hes taken a 50 cal to the face without fliching ..

This sh*t is f*cking weird is all ill say and I don't think he is your regular joy rider I've seen those this guy is on a mission.. f*ck I'm expecting him to grab me in the shower or my elevator in game at some point it's that crazy..

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Happy Halloween !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

I used the spawning crazy black sentinel trick to find one when i accidentally sold mine. Went to a store, robbed and killed the clerk, went to playstation store then exited playstation store, left the the store and jumped in my car and here he came high speed around the corner hitting everything in his path lol. Chased him down and sprayed hot fire upon him and got my sentinel back :)

hostaman
  • hostaman

Seasoned GTA Player (Online WTF?)

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

I've seen him around the hills near Franklins house. Rammed into me a few times,

A random NPC. Quite cool really.

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

fantastic feature

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

ya i like how they threw in the crazy sentinal smg toting NPC, He is BATMAN. Cleaning up the means streats of LS one thug at a time.

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

he only kills glitchers

Naver
  • Naver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:28 AM Edited by Naver, 11 November 2013 - 07:37 AM.

I ran into this npc for the first time the other day in an invite only session.

I'd just finished a mission for Martin and was walking out of his driveway, black sentinel barrels out of nowhere and knocks me down. I quickly jumped in my car and gave chase. As soon as I start to fire at him he slams on his brakes... gets out and proceeds to unload his uzi at me. He was a black npc wearing a leather jacket.

Didn't think much of it until I saw this thread.

TimmyM56
  • TimmyM56

January 27th can't come soon enough.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

*puffs cigar*

Ah yes, I've ran into "The Sentinel"

The first time I remember is reading about him here on these forums, interested. So, I start a Madrazo mission and after it's done, here he comes speeding by and I unload my M4 into his car. He stops and tries to get out, only getting the rest of my magazine into his body. I forgot what he looked like, but he did have a gun on him. I still have his Sentinel XS, nothing too special about it, I was hoping it was the hardtop convertible version. 

Second time I found him was actually finishing the Dirt Road mission getting Trevor's truck. After the mission end screen, I start walking to my car and here he comes again, driving fast by Trevor's trailer. Again, I unload a magazine into his car and him, this time he's a big, black, well dressed man with dreads, sporting a weapon. I take his car, again, nothing special about it.

Seriously, who is this guy? Is it some kind of mercenary that later will be explained in DLCs or just some joke from Rockstar? All I know is that it's giving me the spooks thinking of some random mercenary that everyone is seeing. 

Gr8bighead
  • Gr8bighead

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone in here is bullsh*tting but I did have an insane driver in an all black car in my invite only game an hour ago just fly at full speed into a red light and smash through traffic as if it was a player. Thought it was odd.

I assure you they are not bullsh*tting , I see this NPC several times every day. He is always driving a SEntinel XS , most of the time it is black but I just saw him 5 minutes ago and he was driving a silver one.

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Perhaps he's a R* employee checking the game out? Heck, I don't know.

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

When I first heard about this I thought it was people just starting a in-game urban legend...until I encountered him the other night.

I just finished a mission and ended up at the Sandy Shores airstrip. The server was empty so I thought I would hop into the chopper and head back to my apartment. As I was flying over a road I got the lock-on signal on a black car. Having no stars I found this curious as it will usually lock on to cops and such. I flew in close to get a better look and the driver whips out his SMG and shoots me out of the cockpit.

Moral of the story...beware of the black sentinel the dude has skills.

Gr8bighead
  • Gr8bighead

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

0_0.jpg

Here he is folks , he was shooting me while driving then he got out to try to kill me . Right after I shot this picture , a grey Sentinel XS joined the police and was also shooting me . I couldnt get a picture of both of them together before I died by the cops.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

Something really weird happened today when I was playing with a crew member in a crew only session.

We had just got back into freemode after finishing a job when suddenly all in the same street 5 armoured vehicles spawned infront of us.

After robbing 2 of them me and my friend split up to evade the police but I only made it two blocks away before I got rammed by a black sentinel sending my car into a vicious spin.

I swear he must have been doing like 200mph haha the impact was insane.

Anyway I got out of my car and the dude in the sentinel also got out of his. He was bald, wore a police uniform (I saw cuffs) and fired something that looked like an SMG. I killed him and headed towards my home where I entered my garage. When i left the garage 3 minutes later I spawned infront of the airport??????

Gr8bighead
  • Gr8bighead

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

I just saw him several times in one session !!! Just now he got out of the car with a SHOTGUN !

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I MUST BREAK YOU

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Anyone with this car mind letting me dupe it?

Gr8bighead
  • Gr8bighead

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

Anyone with this car mind letting me dupe it?

I have it , I am on xbox , and like I said , he keeps spawning in my game right now 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I MUST BREAK YOU

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

I am on PS3...crap...anyone on PS3 have it?

Gr8bighead
  • Gr8bighead

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by Gr8bighead, 13 November 2013 - 05:33 PM.

0_0.jpg

Something is up , this guy just keeps spawning on me , I killed one and another chased me down what the hell !!!

0_0.jpg

As you can see I am in the same place , been standing here for about 20 minutes and they just keep swerving through here after they knocked one out of the way. Notice the red Sentinel XS speeding through the two black ones ...

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

I killed this guy the other day after he crashed into me and shot at me with a smg.

0_0.jpg

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I MUST BREAK YOU

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Is this the only way to get the Sentinel XS?

Gr8bighead
  • Gr8bighead

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Is this the only way to get the Sentinel XS?

I dont know , but I have seriously seen 20 + spawn in this session . I am not even kidding 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I MUST BREAK YOU

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Dammit!!!

Naver
  • Naver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

I just ran into him again in front of Madrazo's house last night. I saw him coming this time and opened up with the assault shotgun.

It does seem like he's appearing more and more frequently, at least in my game.

0_0.jpg

• Gr8bighead likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I MUST BREAK YOU

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

@Naver are you on PS3?

Naver
  • Naver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by Naver, 13 November 2013 - 06:18 PM.

@ugotsmoked

Gr8bighead
  • Gr8bighead

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by Gr8bighead, 13 November 2013 - 06:21 PM.

I just spawned on a hill , and he is on the road below holding up traffic taking cover on his car and shooting at me with a shotgun !!!!!!

0_0.jpg

Hard to see , but hes there behind the tree

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I MUST BREAK YOU

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

This must be a xbox only thing...really frustrating!

Gr8bighead
  • Gr8bighead

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

This must be a xbox only thing...really frustrating!

I highly doubt that

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I MUST BREAK YOU

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hopefully you are right...fingers crossed that a PS3 player will read this thread and have this car...In any case do you mind telling me your rank and where he seems to be the most? Martins house?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users