Photo

Why do you use assisted/auto aim?

656 replies to this topic
KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

I use it because its not what this game is all about, you want to show off your free aim skills on a console controller go right ahead. I prefer to do my free aiming on a mouse/keyboard. After 15 years of counter-strike, nothing else compares in competitive free aim.

So you go right ahead, king of free aim on gta. Fk I'm so envious!!!

You'd think that a Counter Strike, elite PC gamer would want alil more challenge in his games.. If youre going to use Auto-Aim do like someone else said and just type in "Lets Play GTA Online" on Youtube and get the exact same results and feeling of satisfaction.

Tabarnaaaack
  • Tabarnaaaack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Omg so much stupid in this thread.

Why is GTA being compared to CoD and Battlefield? It's a different view system entirely. In first person you can't see everything you do in 3rd person. Auto-aim lock on is redonculous in a 3rd person, I don't know why it's there let alone be a default. 

Why do people think auto-aimers can play against free-aimers?

Anyways, do what you want, it's your game, play as you will. Rockstar was really stupid on making auto-aim default but whatever.
Personally, I would never. Ruins the entire game for me. No challenge, would ruin all the fun. Lock, spray, done.

I'm the kind of person who will never use a game manual or walkthrough to finish a game though. It's funny, my theory was correct. When I move to free-aim, there are a ton of people who have glitched (based on what they own for their level, or the hacked vehicles of course) but then when I move to free-aim, it's like most of the free-aimers think like me.

TL;DR: Newbs, noobs, glitchers and hackers stay in auto-aim. The rest play in free-aim, hence why the population is so low.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Auto aim is for people that still breastfeed and that probably have learning difficulties.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

If you are in free aim then so is everyone else numbnuts. Why does it matter to you what people do when you don't even see anyone using auto aim? So stop your whining and go back to your free aim ghost town and stfu.

Free aim is not a ghost town, i personally dont have problems finding people. But after every mission/job i get chucked in together with AA players ... its about player attitude, everything gets dumbed down to pokemon standards and its just pathetic to watch ... And i repeat - why would anyone find it fun to fire a gun if you dont get to aim yourself ? ... unless they are blind or disabled ...

Spent 2 days playing free aim, Most people i saw in a lobby at one time was 10 people (all with snipers i might add). TDM was what I went there for and noone was playing it. As I said in a different thread I went there after reading about it on here and it was dead, A waste of time.
Not to mention it is a pain to even access it, I will wait for a proper Hardcore mode until then I am sticking to where the action is.
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 31 October 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Now playing with no mini map/HUD....

Takes way more "skill" imho

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

You didn't once mention me being worthless in any of your previous posts, you're making things up as you go a long little boy.

I'll go back to my auto aim session, atleast I'll be enjoying myself not moaning on an internet forum about the options available.

Puts your life into perspective when you're moaning about an aiming system for a video game hahahaha, little, little boy...

You are not talking to me, but hey - you are moaning about people moaning ... Hypocracy ftw ... Life into perspective pfft - so you are on a game forum telling people that life is to short for forums and games ?

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

I agree with you OP.

It's sort of ridiculous when I can easily headshot you with a pistol, first shot while flying around 500 feet off the ground in a heli..

Free aim is like the hardcore mode that competitive players will enjoy playing, while auto aim is for the mass majority casual players that openly admit they suck at aiming in this game.

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

So the conclusion is that people using auto aim are pussies.

and "LosKnightsTemplar" you got something twisted here. "Has done nothing but moan"? I've made like 5 posts on this forum, one was saying f*ck rockstar because my characters got deleted, the rest is in this topic. But we understand you're just another pussy using auto aim. Free aim is too hard for you buhu :( :(

The conclussion is nobody tends to care about the moaning & ranting you do as evidently seen in this topic. I paid my £40 I'll do what I like It's as simple as that...

I haven't got anything twisted, people can openly see your comments on this thread & the other you commented on and I'm sure they'll form their own opinion as to whether you do nothing but moan or not but the evidence is there for all of us to see.

Please toddle along back to your free-aim server, get some tissues on your way there, you're the only one crying about this... My signature is now dedicated to you & you only....

Like I said you at least acknowledge that you are worthless :D

Hate to break it to you buddy, but you got it all twisted :) "Now go back to your auto aim session and get some skilled kills ok"

You didn't once mention me being worthless in any of your previous posts, you're making things up as you go a long little boy.

I'll go back to my auto aim session, atleast I'll be enjoying myself not moaning on an internet forum about the options available.

Puts your life into perspective when you're moaning about an aiming system for a video game hahahaha, little, little boy...

The harder you try, the sadder it gets..

I've been enjoying myself in my free aim sessions. Not playing like a retard with lock on aim. You play auto aim because you're worthless. Making a topic in GTA forums puts my life in perspective? Maybe you should take a look at yours, lol.

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

and "LosKnightsTemplar" you got something twisted here. "Has done nothing but moan"? I've made like 5 posts on this forum, one was saying f*ck rockstar because my characters got deleted, the rest is in this topic. But we understand you're just another pussy using auto aim. Free aim is too hard for you buhu :( :(

The conclussion is nobody tends to care about the moaning & ranting you do as evidently seen in this topic. I paid my £40 I'll do what I like It's as simple as that...

I haven't got anything twisted, people can openly see your comments on this thread & the other you commented on and I'm sure they'll form their own opinion as to whether you do nothing but moan or not but the evidence is there for all of us to see.

Please toddle along back to your free-aim server, get some tissues on your way there, you're the only one crying about this... My signature is now dedicated to you & you only....

Hate to break it to you buddy, but you got it all twisted :) "Now go back to your auto aim session and get some skilled kills ok"

You're on a forum combating people who are combating an aiming system for a video game.. Does put your life into perspective, doesnt it? "hahahahaha"

InsiDiouSuspect91
  • InsiDiouSuspect91

Infinite gaming

• Members

However, I can totally understand people who want to have fun and auto-aim,  

That´s the part I can´t understand.

These two words in a sentence just don´t stick

Perhaps it depends on the perspective of the gamer, rather see it from a subjective view look at it objectively. People who aim assist want have fun, mostly because they just simply wouldn't playing free aim. Again just let it be you can't change people's opinions and beliefs. 

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Is it because you suck too much dick to be able to aim for yourself? Why anyone uses auto aim is beyond me, I really don't get why Rockstar even put it out there. Why didn't they just make it only free aim so everybody plays on the same conditions?

How hard is it to beat a survival with auto aim? How hard is it to get 500 headshots with auto aim? Yet you still get the awards, tattoos and what not for doing it.

So I want the auto aim dickheads to tell me WHY are you using auto aim?

Auto-aim #1!

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Because i didnt buy or play GTA to get in war with other players, or to test shootingabilities. I like the fun aspect of the game, shooting when necessary. So, when i have to shoot, i want to win, and get it over with.

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

You're on a forum combating people who are combating an aiming system for a video game.. Does put your life into perspective, doesnt it? "hahahahaha"

I'm wondering why people are using auto aim, how does that put my life in perspective? And you're arguing in the topic as well, so that means it puts your life in perspective too, ermahgerd. "haha"

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Spent 2 days playing free aim, Most people i saw in a lobby at one time was 10 people (all with snipers i might add). TDM was what I went there for and noone was playing it. As I said in a different thread I went there after reading about it on here and it was dead, A waste of time.
Not to mention it is a pain to even access it, I will wait for a proper Hardcore mode until then I am sticking to where the action is.

Fair enough, cant blame players for a crappy matchmaking system ... At least you tried to get into free aim ... I would personally uninstall the game at once if i was forced to play AA all the time ...

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 31 October 2013 - 12:05 AM.

I use it because its not what this game is all about, you want to show off your free aim skills on a console controller go right ahead. I prefer to do my free aiming on a mouse/keyboard. After 15 years of counter-strike, nothing else compares in competitive free aim.
So you go right ahead, king of free aim on gta. Fk I'm so envious!!!

You'd think that a Counter Strike, elite PC gamer would want alil more challenge in his games.. If youre going to use Auto-Aim do like someone else said and just type in "Lets Play GTA Online" on Youtube and get the exact same results and feeling of satisfaction.
The challenge in this game is not in the free aim mode you noob...

You playing the wrong game if you here to "challenge yourself" with free aim buddy.

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'm wondering why people are using auto aim, how does that put my life in perspective? And you're arguing in the topic as well, so that means it puts your life in perspective too, ermahgerd. "haha"

Because i didnt buy or play GTA to get in war with other players, or to test shootingabilities. I like the fun aspect of the game, shooting when necessary. So, when i have to shoot, i want to win, and get it over with.

Again with the "I like the fun"? What fun are we missing in free aim?

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Omg so much stupid in this thread.

Why is GTA being compared to CoD and Battlefield? It's a different view system entirely. In first person you can't see everything you do in 3rd person. Auto-aim lock on is redonculous in a 3rd person, I don't know why it's there let alone be a default. 

Why do people think auto-aimers can play against free-aimers?

Anyways, do what you want, it's your game, play as you will. Rockstar was really stupid on making auto-aim default but whatever.
Personally, I would never. Ruins the entire game for me. No challenge, would ruin all the fun. Lock, spray, done.

I'm the kind of person who will never use a game manual or walkthrough to finish a game though. It's funny, my theory was correct. When I move to free-aim, there are a ton of people who have glitched (based on what they own for their level, or the hacked vehicles of course) but then when I move to free-aim, it's like most of the free-aimers think like me.

TL;DR: Newbs, noobs, glitchers and hackers stay in auto-aim. The rest play in free-aim, hence why the population is so low.

It can be compared to Socom if its any better.

But yeah, definitely agree with you.. In general I've noticed that free-aimers are much more mature, disciplined and moral. To date I've only met 2 people who did any of the bike glitches, super car glitches, ect.. and They both came from auto-aim rooms.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

Why do you think you free-aim masturbaters get tossed back into free-aim sessions? Because R* doesn't give a sh*t... they want you to play auto-aim with everyone else like the game is meant to be played.

SOMEBODY CALL THE WAMBULANCE!!!!!

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

Well that is were you fail and become a 'bad sport' ... oh, maybe i should use another term - R* seems to own that one now ...

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

I play on free aim but don't look down on auto aimers. GTA isn't an esports title and never will be so who honestly gives a sh*t? The only one who is going to know how much of a badass free aimer you are is yourself, you're never going to get recognition or get sponsored or get a sh*t ton of youtube hits for free aiming in GTA because it's not a competitive game lmfao. All of that time perfecting free aim skills and nobody even knows who you are? You're just as much of a scrub as an auto aimer in their eyes. What's the point? You get no e peen length from it.
  • Marcinguy likes this

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

I'd love to see how long you "l33t" free aimers survive a 5 star police chase lmao.

LosKnightsTemplar
  • LosKnightsTemplar

Grand Master

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

http://www.urbandict...erm=brown noser

Far too many of those on here, one starts the rest follow like sheep, BAAAAAAAAH.

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

I'd love to see how long you "l33t" free aimers survive a 5 star police chase lmao.

Since when did this become a car chase topic?

I'd like to see how you auto aimers would do in a tdm against free aimers, in free aim :D :D

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 31 October 2013 - 12:12 AM.

Since when did this become a car chase topic?

I'd like to see how you auto aimers would do in a tdm against free aimers, in free aim :D :D
Lolwut?

I'd like to see how you free aimers would do in a tdm against auto aimers, in auto aim mode.

Lolwut?

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

My lifes been in perspective for me, I know exactly what going on without question and I'm damn proud of it. I was simply turning the tides on you since you think youre so smart and great, yet youre down on the same level youre dissing.. and have less discipline, determination and drive for satisfaction than LostKnights and I. If anything, the way you choose to play this game will reflect how you act IRL and seeing as how you like taking the easy road I'd say its safe to say you dont spend your days on the top floor of an office building.. If you're even out of highschool that is.. In which case you can probably be found behind the gym smoking with cigawets most days during class.

• LosKnightsTemplar likes this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Because I didn't know you could change it... and even if I did I wouldn't. Honestly when I'm in free mode with my friends and some asshole comes out of nowhere to try and kill me I just want to hit the left trigger shoot him and be on my merry way. I don't want to waste my time actually aiming... I got sh*t to do.

I agree. It kills me when people complain about folks not playing the game the way they play it. I don't have an expectation that people play a game the way I play it. They're their own individual, they have their own individual tastes and playing styles.  I'm just not egotistical enough to think my way is the best way.

• Scumbaggah likes this

Default_Man
  • Default_Man

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Because playing in free aim means we will be put into games with arrogant assholes like yourself, who are likely failures in life spending their time gloating about their aim with a device that is not made for precise aiming.

AutoAim = GTA Traditional in case you forgot and isnt as easy as you try to make out, seriously blindfold aiming, we still can die and the AI takes cover, and in case you were wondering I generally spend my firing time outside of the lock on range or use a sniper rifle and do very well. I hope you enjoy your empty games!

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

I play on free aim but don't look down on auto aimers. GTA isn't an esports title and never will be so who honestly gives a sh*t? The only one who is going to know how much of a badass free aimer you are is yourself, you're never going to get recognition or get sponsored or get a sh*t ton of youtube hits for free aiming in GTA because it's not a competitive game lmfao. All of that time perfecting free aim skills and nobody even knows who you are? You're just as much of a scrub as an auto aimer in their eyes. What's the point? You get no e peen length from it.

its not about recognition - i couldnt give a rats arse if you know how well i aim or not ... its about the game being fun and multiplayer competitive ... its not important that you are a scrub at aiming, its better to miss and have fun than to know, that if enemy x comes within 20 m ill just press this button and he dies ... you guys dont want to learn to aim or maybe you dont think you can, and then you support a system where instant headshots are guaranteed .... thats pathetic ... 

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

I used free aim but gave up because I can't find any decent lobbies in free aim. The map is too big to go chasing down one blip up at sandy shores just to get into a shoot out that most likely won't happen because he is probably like most of the bitches on this forum and they bought the game to pick flowers.

At least in auto aim lobbies there are people to kill and gunfights to be had.

It was a sad day when I realised that playing free aim was close to pointless.

• Scumbaggah likes this

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

My lifes been in perspective for me, I know exactly what going on without question and I'm damn proud of it. I was simply turning the tides on you since you think youre so smart and great, yet youre down on the same level youre dissing.. and have less discipline, determination and drive for satisfaction than LostKnights and I. If anything, the way you choose to play this game will reflect how you act IRL and seeing as how you like taking the easy road I'd say its safe to say you dont spend your days on the top floor of an office building.. If you're even out of highschool that is.. In which case you can probably be found behind the gym smoking with cigawets most days during class.

Did you say something? I wasn't listening.

Talk about throwing stones in a glass house, the way you play will reflect your life irl, yet you still use auto aim, lul. I think it would be best if you just left, you're starting to get pretty pathetic :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users