Photo

Why do you use assisted/auto aim?

656 replies to this topic
1337Alec
  • 1337Alec

Blunt Blowin

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

Well, it seems most others are using assisted aim so I need to use it back and go for the head shot. I agree that R* should take it out. I am tired of noobs camping outside of garages and getting instant head shots.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

I can understand why some people play auto aim, they might just be casuals who don't care for shooting or maybe pc players who never used a controller, maybe someone injured.

But you can't deny how much superior manual aim is. Trust me i used to be a hardcore auto aim player in iv for about 6 months, and all the things i hated about it, were fixed by switching to manual. You can't compare cod. The aim ASSIST it's pretty good and it's no where near as OP and lame as gta. If gta was more like it, i wouldn't mind assisted that much.

Why is manual better?

-The controls are good, and you can choose to run and gun for close battles or aim down the sits when enemy is farther away.

-No one will auto kill you when doing drive by's, which is very annoying.

-More skill and tactics needed, not any rank 7 noob can come up to you and annoyingly kill you. In DA it's kill or be killed, nothings left  to chance.

-Firefights are more fun, and fluid, unlike the 1 second battles in auto.

I could list more but my point has been said.

"

The excuse that some use such as "this game is not fps, mechanics suck" "free aim are elitist douchbags" "consoles are not for shooting" is simply not true. I first played gta on a pc, i loved it, but i loved it just as much when playing on a console. Of course if you never used a controller it's gonna be hard but for a regular is not hard. Just put the aiming speed low and you will be fine. To be the elite though of course you gotta have some experience and advanced reflexes with the controller, trust me some of the best free aimers will wreck auto aimers like they are nothing.

Ultimately and despite what anyone says, it's rockstar's fault. I assure you if Manual aim was default in the game then most people would stick to it, and the ones that truly need it would use auto. Only reason people use auto it's because it's default, and they think that's what most will use. Same happened when i got iv, i didn't even know manual aim existed.

• GankThis110 likes this

HerpaDerpaD
  • HerpaDerpaD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by HerpaDerpaD, 25 January 2014 - 07:32 PM.

If OP plays free aim why should it matter if people play aim assist? I personally use free aim but im not gonna bash someone using assisted. Your paths will never meet anyway and they paid for their game so they can play how they want.

Pointless thread is pointless

It's not pointless. It affects free aim users because no one plays In the servers we play In. It's not aim assist it's auto aim. In no way does the two other aim types in GTA V assist players. It does everything for them.

That's aim assist.

• Crimson Flam3s likes this

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

If OP plays free aim why should it matter if people play aim assist? I personally use free aim but im not gonna bash someone using assisted. Your paths will never meet anyway and they paid for their game so they can play how they want.

It's not pointless. It affects free aim users because no one plays In the servers we play In. It's not aim assist it's auto aim. In no way does the two other aim types in GTA V assist players. It does everything for them.

That's aim assist.

I once made a thread suggesting something like this should be implemented, but i didn't know it was already out in CoD.

See this would be perfect, i love manual aim but the biggest flaw it has is that the speed is always the same when in reality, you need a faster setting to look around, and then you slower speed for more accuracy when you got an enemy in your cross hairs, that's the advantage pc has.

My workaround is using the camera and when spotting an enemy pressing the aim button but still is kinda clunky and not ideal. Something else which is needed is separate aiming speeds for different weapons, would be nice for snipers or mg.

In my thread I suggested you could have separate aiming speeds one which will be default and the other one is gonna kick in when your cross hairs get close to an enemy. Similar to cod but you it wouldn't stick to the player, only slow down and you would be in total control. If this was implemented, it would be a big improvement and maybe encourage more to try the free aim.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I don't. I don't need the game holding my hand and doing the work for me :)

HiddenInTheBushes
  • HiddenInTheBushes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

I'm a horrible shooter.
  • iiGh0STt likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

If you're "GOOD" with a controller you would not be hindered by anything.  

Connecting the dots doesn't come easy for you, does it?

In this gaming environment, consoles and controllers, it's likely that I can come out on-top in a battle, because I've played long enough to get used to how a controller handles, but that doesn't make a controller good for shooting.

Compared to a mouse? The same level of speed, fluidity and precision cannot be easily achieved, if at all. Therefore, true control and potential is hindered.

I have no problem connecting the dots...  What does that even mean?  lol

Ugh... You are one of those guys.  The ones the go waaaay into left field thinking about Mouse and PC games instead of focusing on the real game at hand.

Honestly, It wouldn't matter if i had no fingers.  Id use my damn toes before using an aim bot.  :D

They way you describe it, you would think no one ever lands a bullet using a controller. 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

I'm a horrible shooter.

its just rockstars aiming.

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

GTA Online 1.17 Retiree.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Only problem with the free-aim Free Roam is that a lot of these new-comers won't fight on foot.They always reverse their Entity's, making it impossible to kill them without explosives...

The vets will fight on-foot, but those noobs man... they can't give up their Entity.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Only problem with the free-aim Free Roam is that a lot of these new-comers won't fight on foot.They always reverse their Entity's, making it impossible to kill them without explosives...

The vets will fight on-foot, but those noobs man... they can't give up their Entity.

Put your money on an Alt.  Blow them up.  Problem solved :D

I personally don't fight on foot.  I feel more at home behind a wheel while shooting. But i don't attack driving backwards in a super car either.

I don't consider free roam a death match or competitive so, i really don't care how i deal with players.

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

GTA Online 1.17 Retiree.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Put your money on an Alt.  Blow them up.  Problem solved :D

I personally don't fight on foot.  I feel more at home behind a wheel while shooting. But i don't attack driving backwards in a super car either.

I don't consider free roam a death match or competitive so, i really don't care how i deal with players.

Lmao, totally forgot about doing that...
I was thinking more of setting a 1k bounty on them, and shooting a grenade launcher at them. Lol, I think the bounty cancels out Bad Sport and the insurance fee, because I've destroyed people with the Lazer when they were in their PV's.

& yeahh, I hear you. I thought free-aim was going to be slightly more peaceful than Traditional, but it's just as bad. Lol

MAJORMANN
  • MAJORMANN

GTA MOTHA F*CKA

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Because sometimes, after a long day of school and work, I like to hop on GTA and play FOR FUN. I may not be up to your standards, but you're not my audience.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

Is it because you suck too much dick to be able to aim for yourself? Why anyone uses auto aim is beyond me, I really don't get why Rockstar even put it out there. Why didn't they just make it only free aim so everybody plays on the same conditions?

How hard is it to beat a survival with auto aim? How hard is it to get 500 headshots with auto aim? Yet you still get the awards, tattoos and what not for doing it.

So I want the auto aim dickheads to tell me WHY are you using auto aim?

Because I don't got time for that. 

But really, what the hell does it matter. Does it also upset you that I use a backwards grip when I jack off compared to the traditional standard grip?

UchihaRingo
  • UchihaRingo

If you call a mag "Clip" you're a retard

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

That's aim assist.

I once made a thread suggesting something like this should be implemented, but i didn't know it was already out in CoD.

See this would be perfect, i love manual aim but the biggest flaw it has is that the speed is always the same when in reality, you need a faster setting to look around, and then you slower speed for more accuracy when you got an enemy in your cross hairs, that's the advantage pc has.

My workaround is using the camera and when spotting an enemy pressing the aim button but still is kinda clunky and not ideal. Something else which is needed is separate aiming speeds for different weapons, would be nice for snipers or mg.

In my thread I suggested you could have separate aiming speeds one which will be default and the other one is gonna kick in when your cross hairs get close to an enemy. Similar to cod but you it wouldn't stick to the player, only slow down and you would be in total control. If this was implemented, it would be a big improvement and maybe encourage more to try the free aim.

I just started using free aim and it sucks to me because gta character movements feel sluggish to me. Call me crazy but, I feel like the models we use don't get out of danger fast enough. We have that lame roll feature but that feels nasty as well like it is so late from when you push the button to make it happen. Also, Whats good for you may not be good for someone else. That is like me saying "Hey play on sensitivity 5 while playing COD because all the MLG players do it." No that is a great way to get your ass handed to you. I respect free aim players because it is harder than it looks but to me I will stick with Assisted Aim if anything but that is just me. But what you have listed here would honestly make me use free aim if this was what free aim was based off. I could get used to aiming with free aim if their wasn't such a clunky feel to it. Maybe they should even work in different movements like a faster roll or a dogging animation.  

JayMosEnvied
  • JayMosEnvied

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

Because it's not a first person shooter. Only time I free aim is when I'm sniping and that's majority of the time or using the mini gun.

Bestin_theWorld
  • Bestin_theWorld

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Its useful until theres cops around you and you are trying to kill another person.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

That's aim assist.

I just started using free aim and it sucks to me because gta character movements feel sluggish to me. Call me crazy but, I feel like the models we use don't get out of danger fast enough. We have that lame roll feature but that feels nasty as well like it is so late from when you push the button to make it happen. Also, Whats good for you may not be good for someone else. That is like me saying "Hey play on sensitivity 5 while playing COD because all the MLG players do it." No that is a great way to get your ass handed to you. I respect free aim players because it is harder than it looks but to me I will stick with Assisted Aim if anything but that is just me. But what you have listed here would honestly make me use free aim if this was what free aim was based off. I could get used to aiming with free aim if their wasn't such a clunky feel to it. Maybe they should even work in different movements like a faster roll or a dogging animation.  

I think anyone on both sides of the fence would agree.  R* sucks with in game player mechanics.

Every game.. Their player based movement and shooting has always been clunky, auto aim or manual aim.

I can play a game like Saints Row and its easy to see manual aim and player movement is so much more smoother.

Maybe R* will come up with ONE solid aim mode before hell freezes over.  If only they could make enough money to work on it ;D

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

That's aim assist.

I think anyone on both sides of the fence would agree.  R* sucks with in game player mechanics.

Every game.. Their player based movement and shooting has always been clunky, auto aim or manual aim.

I can play a game like Saints Row and its easy to see manual aim and player movement is so much more smoother.

Maybe R* will come up with ONE solid aim mode before hell freezes over.  If only they could make enough money to work on it ;D

Rockstar and Dice need to have a baby.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:02 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 25 January 2014 - 11:03 PM.

I use it, because i don't care about shooting/having to aim. I like to drive and have fun.

I'm king at manually aiming the Laser's canon though.

PS OP, seems you like dick a lot.. you sure do mention it a lot.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Lol.

The real purpose of these threads are "somebody play with me... Be my friend, I'm lonely" thinly veiled as a hate against Auto Aim.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

I use it because THEY use it...I'm not going at it with someone with a disadvantage

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

because this game has the worst free aim possible.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

I use it because THEY use it...I'm not going at it with someone with a disadvantage

free aim/ aim assisted have different lobbies...

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

Because people can. 

Just like you can use free aim. 

And neither is better than the other and both have their own difficulties. 

For me or someone skilled in free aim, it's easy because everyone around you isn't as good as aiming. 

In auto aim, it may be harder because everyone can aim pretty damn well. 

Vice versa. For me, assisted aim may be easy because it gives me an advantage. 

Or, it could be harder for me in free aim because I don't have the lock on. 

People should really shut the f*ck up about the whole thing by now and realize neither is better. The superiority complex GTA gamers show is annoying as hell and well above CoD gamers at this point. Over a f*cking game. 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

because this game has the worst free aim possible.

No it doesn't.

xxRichter
  • xxRichter

IT'S WARIO TIME!

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

Is it because you suck too much dick to be able to aim for yourself? Why anyone uses auto aim is beyond me, I really don't get why Rockstar even put it out there. Why didn't they just make it only free aim so everybody plays on the same conditions?

How hard is it to beat a survival with auto aim? How hard is it to get 500 headshots with auto aim? Yet you still get the awards, tattoos and what not for doing it.

So I want the auto aim dickheads to tell me WHY are you using auto aim?

I go to free aim 

People go to aimbot games because

They can't aim with GTA V Mechanic work (GTA 3 VC and GTA SA aiming was 10x better)

But yea GTA 4 and GTA V free aim was terrible thats why a lot of people chooses aimbot games and not freeaim.

Makes sense to me

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

During pvp aisisted aim is better for a defencive playstyle whilst auto aim is better for offensive playstyle.
During pve (missions) it all depends on if the ai accuracy is adjusted to make up for the auto aim. If it is then there could be very little difference between the 2. If not aim assist is EASIER.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users