Why do you use assisted/auto aim?

656 replies to this topic
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Because why the hell not? Look, we can argue all we want, we can list down lots of reasons why free aim is better than AA and vice versa, but in the end, it's still our decision.

If the guy doesn't want to free aim, fine. I don't see why peeps care so much about someone else's choices. There's more productive ways to spend time.

AA is a hard lock aim bot.    Its easier to understand why people care.  Unless you only play R* games.

If you don't see why peeps care.  Then feel free to try advocate this kind of aim bot on any other game around on the forums.

Unlike this forum.. You won't get any love or agrees.  Infact they will probably chase you out with pitch forks.

Simple, I play auto aim because that's how single player is. Right after I finished the story I jumped right into GTAO. I never realized people got so upset over it until I came to these forums. 

The sad thing is, it isn't something worth getting upset about!  Pseudo-elitism in GTA O, whatever next?

Why these people can't understand it's an each to their own thing, live and let live, it doesn't do you any harm so why moan, horses for courses (and other such cliches) is beyond all reasonable and intelligent comprehension.

As I said, pseudo-elitism ove a video game.  You've got to laugh at it all, I sure as hell do.

I laugh all the time when i play AA death matches.  Mostly because its sad...lol

But i do save a ton of ammo using my SNS getting head shots with ease.

Wow. How many cookies do you go through in a day? Surely you are asking for another. After all that running away from the fight in AA deathmatch so you could be out of range to head shot somebody else, you must be hungry.

Running away?  I crossed the street....lol

This isn't an FPS game anyway, so why does it matter? Auto aim still has some freedom, at least it doesn't automatically target your head from a long range.

The real question... Why does it matter if its not an FPS?

When did FPS become the standard bar of manual aim?  And when did 3rd person shooters become the standard bar of Auto Aim.

Did i miss something here. Or do players just enjoy connecting the dots while blind folded?

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Because aiming and shooting with a controller is a concept that should forever burn in hell, aim assist or free.

• iainspad likes this

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

^^ except that nobody cares about how you aim except yourself champ.

And you seem to care about how I(we) aim too because you just never shut up and constantly try to belittle AA people. Your sh*t is weak son.

Rockstar threw AA in the game, go bitch at them. They might actually care....
No they don't. It's ALL you... And 12 other people.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Because aiming and shooting with a controller is a concept that should forever burn in hell, aim assist or free.

Agreed on this; we are using a console god dammit. Mouse and keyboard controls make for easier free aiming, but using an analog stick is tricky.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:27 PM Edited by Vooodu, 25 January 2014 - 05:31 PM.

And you seem to care about how I(we) aim too because you just never shut up and constantly try to belittle AA people. Your sh*t is weak son.

I be-little people?

Funny...I never new me mocking aim bots had such a strong connection to the player using them?

:D

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

I be-little people?
Funny...I never new me mocking aim bots had such a strong connection the to player using them?

You don't just mock aim bots, but the people who use AA. You have directly attacked people who use AA in his thread calling them lazy etc.

Playing stupid looks good on you. A natural fit really.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

I be-little people?
Funny...I never new me mocking aim bots had such a strong connection the to player using them?

You don't just mock aim bots, but the people who use AA. You have directly attacked people who use AA in his thread calling them lazy etc.

Calling players too 'lazy' to play is an attack?

Wow... Someone call 911.

ConnollyUK
  • ConnollyUK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

A friend of mine plays GTAO and we play online together all the time.  However, she uses auto-aim servers and I must admit I get properly frustrated each time I die in auto-aim because I know for a fact there is no way they could have made that shot in free-aim.  Especially when you're in a car and they're on foot and they just hold the trigger down to track you at 50mph.  

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Why do I use auto aim?

Because its called "Traditional GTA", which means that's how the game is supposed to be played. Its traditional bitch, deal with it.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

I be-little people?

Calling players too 'lazy' to play is an attack?

Wow... Someone call 911.

:D I thought I was dealing with somebody who had a point to make... Clearly not.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by TeammateAssist, 25 January 2014 - 05:44 PM.

I didn't realize I'm an advocate of aimlock. I know "you'd get chased out by pitchforks". You tried using the KAL-7 in Uncharted 3? The auto-aimer? Man, you'd anger even your teammates. Gun literally is like having Rockstar's aimlock mechanic in a shooter game.

But you know. This isn't any other forum. We're in the forum of a game that has separate lobbies for aimlock and free-aim.

If you want to go convert peeps or something, that's your deal man. I don't judge. I'm cool with whatever.

EDIT: If you want to know, some dude with a PSN of steven went to the Uncharted 3 forums saying he likes the KAL-7. I was part of the people who kept hating on him and outright rejecting his ideas even though it made sense because he liked the KAL-7.

So I know we're you're coming from. It's all cool man.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by Muirenn, 25 January 2014 - 05:49 PM.

Agreed on this; we are using a console god dammit. Mouse and keyboard controls make for easier free aiming, but using an analog stick is tricky.

Thank you! I free-aim, but I don't give half of an ass if someone else uses aim-assist.

First off, it's their damn game, they paid for it, the options were put there by the Developers, they can play it the way they want.

Secondly, controller shooting is simply a downright dreadful experience, even more so if you've had any time with a mouse in your hand. It's slow and it's clunky. Using aim-assist doesn't mean that someone is "lazy" or "unskiled." It means controller shooting blows chunks and/or they just want to relax and have a chilled out time playing their freaking video game. I totally understand it and they have every bloody right to do so. It's not the damn Olympics.

If someone cries about the way I play my own game, I shouldn't be held liable for their own hurt feelings because they're too weak-willed

286uww2.png

• StewNorth, TeammateAssist and iainspad like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:51 PM Edited by Vooodu, 25 January 2014 - 05:51 PM.

Controller shooting is simply a downright dreadful experience, even more so if you've had any time with a mouse in your hand. It's slow and it's clunky. 

Ugh... No its not.

I play on PC and i can say very easily.

Aimming with a controller is fun simply because its less accurate then a mouse.  Which in turns makes for better shoot outs.

Yes its slower and clunky.. But so what?  Maybe you have been to spoiled playing dumbed down FPS that can allow bunny hoping around while no scoping players across the map.

But for me, i could care less.    I sure as hell can't enjoy letting the game play for me.  Clunky or not.  Its not impossible, which is what you make it sound like when  talking about a controller.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Controller shooting is simply a downright dreadful experience, even more so if you've had any time with a mouse in your hand. It's slow and it's clunky. 

Ugh... No its not.

I play on PC and i can say very easily.

Aimming with a controller is fun simply because its less accurate then a mouse.  Which in turns makes for better shoot outs.

Yes its slower and clunky.. But so what?  Maybe you have been to spoiled playing dumbed down FPS that can allow bunny hoping around while no scoping players across the map.

But for me, i could care less.    I sure as hell can't enjoy letting the game play for me.  Clunky or not.  Its not impossible, which is what you make it sound like when  talking about a controller.

Impossible? No, I don't make it sound impossible, I make it sound bad, exactly like it is.

I'm good with a controller, but that doesn't make a controller good for shooting. And don't even try and make assumptions about what games I play.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find "better shootouts" to involve being hindered by an ineffecient apparatus.

EggSmasherMcMental
  • EggSmasherMcMental

Crackhead

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Its funny how people keep saying its a skill, like its really hard to do or something. Its like saying pissing in a toilet without spraying is a skill, sure the first couple of times you might miss but its really easy to learn and not really skillful. I also like how so many people claim on here that if someone kills them for no reason their revenge will consist of constant killing until the perpetrator "rage" quit, This relies on the other person being absolutely useless and if they managed to kill you in the first place that doesnt say much about yourself. I know ive went off on a bit of a tangent here but the arrogance of so many posters on here is pissing me off. sort of, its not that important really.

• aland77 likes this

ZhiMing
  • ZhiMing

Gang Bangers

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

because i can't aim with controller 

• Zarathustra71 likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hey, uh. If, say, an auto-aimer goes into the free-aim lobby to test it out, and it happens to land in your lobby, V, how would you treat the guy?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Impossible? No, I don't make it sound impossible, I make it sound bad, exactly like it is.

I'm good with a controller, but that doesn't make a controller good for shooting. And don't even try and make assumptions about what games I play.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find "better shootouts" to involve being hindered by an ineffecient apparatus.

If you're "GOOD" with a controller you would not be hindered by anything.  

And you can't blame me for making assumptions if you keep making excuses.  Because they make no sense to me what so ever.

Im not judging you.  But when it comes to AIM and AIM bots i only see in black and white.

You're either playing the game OR cheating if you're shooting..  I don't see preference or choice as a factor because theres only ONE aim mode..  Its nothing personal.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

You're either playing the game OR cheating if you're shooting..  I don't see preference or choice as a factor because theres only ONE aim mode..  Its nothing personal.

Rockstar disagrees. Take it to the developers, not the customers.

• iainspad likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hey, uh. If, say, an auto-aimer goes into the free-aim lobby to test it out, and it happens to land in your lobby, V, how would you treat the guy?

Id let them shoot the hell out of me if they wanted too.

Infact id use the weaker guns or melee weapons.

One thing about free aim lobbies.. 90% of the players can't shoot with sh*t.   Its a big happy family of players missing left and right :D

aland77
  • aland77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Its funny how people keep saying its a skill, like its really hard to do or something. Its like saying pissing in a toilet without spraying is a skill, sure the first couple of times you might miss but its really easy to learn and not really skillful. I also like how so many people claim on here that if someone kills them for no reason their revenge will consist of constant killing until the perpetrator "rage" quit, This relies on the other person being absolutely useless and if they managed to kill you in the first place that doesnt say much about yourself. I know ive went off on a bit of a tangent here but the arrogance of so many posters on here is pissing me off. sort of, its not that important really.

ha, spot on. did you steal those words from my mouth, must be a hacker, shenanigans!

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Id let them shoot the hell out of me if they wanted too.

Infact id use the weaker guns or melee weapons.

One thing about free aim lobbies.. 90% of the players can't shoot with sh*t.   Its a big happy family of players missing left and right :D

So... Free-roam fighting. Cool.

Yeah, that's not the only thing to do in free roam, but I digress. Doesn't sound like you fire first anyway. That's cool enough with me.

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

FPS is Free Aim
TPS is Auto Aim

Imagine CoD with Auto Aim
Now imagine GTA with Free Aim

If it don't make dollars, IT DON'T MAKE SENSE!
  • iainspad likes this

optimusmike777
  • optimusmike777

clear eyes, full heart

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

because it is a game

you can do what you want

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:19 PM Edited by Muirenn, 25 January 2014 - 06:31 PM.

If you're "GOOD" with a controller you would not be hindered by anything.  

Connecting the dots doesn't come easy for you, does it?

In this gaming environment, consoles and controllers, it's likely that I can come out on-top in a battle, because I've played long enough to get used to how a controller handles, but that doesn't make a controller good for shooting.

Compared to a mouse? The same level of speed, fluidity and precision cannot be easily achieved, if at all. Therefore, true control and potential is hindered.

FPS is Free Aim
TPS is Auto Aim

Imagine CoD with Auto Aim
Now imagine GTA with Free Aim

If it don't make dollars, IT DON'T MAKE SENSE!

CoD on console has aim-assist, even if you turn it "off", last I've checked. I don't know of many console shooters that have true free-aim.

Oh, but don't quote me on that, I'm just going off what I remember. I could totally be wrong.

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

Is someone killing you a lot with auto aim? Is that why you're so angry about it? I'm not even trying to be sarcastic either btw. I seriously would like to know.

How would they be able to kill me with auto aim if I play on free aim? I've never touched auto aim and I never will, it's for fags. It's just retarded and pathetic to use auto aim even if you suck at free aiming.

So the answer is no, there is no one killing me with auto aim.

makes no sense whatsoever

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

because i cannot figure out rockstars madness to simple aiming mechanics. aiming in gta has always sucked, free aim OR any aim.

• SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom likes this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

I didn't realise there was another way 

HerpaDerpaD
  • HerpaDerpaD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

Doesn't matter if it's a FPS or a TPS. MW2 had a third person game mode and It didn't have auto aim. Maybe rockstar should learn how to make a decent look mechanic with aim assist that pleases everyone like pretty much every call of duty has done. You'd think a talented developer like rockstar would be smart enough to know this. I mean seriously what other online game has auto aim in PvP?

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

If OP plays free aim why should it matter if people play aim assist? I personally use free aim but im not gonna bash someone using assisted. Your paths will never meet anyway and they paid for their game so they can play how they want.

Pointless thread is pointless
  • StewNorth and iainspad like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users