Photo

Why do you use assisted/auto aim?

656 replies to this topic
Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

Simple, I play auto aim because that's how single player is. Right after I finished the story I jumped right into GTAO. I never realized people got so upset over it until I came to these forums. 

• iainspad likes this

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Super Rat the defender of Squeaks.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

it doesn't really matter o.O it doesn't effect anyone to an extent thats important. we all play the way we enjoy why people seem incapable of accepting people having fun in a way different from them is something i will probably never understand .

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Is someone killing you a lot with auto aim? Is that why you're so angry about it? I'm not even trying to be sarcastic either btw. I seriously would like to know.

You know what annoys me about auto aim... I can get a head shot faster with free aim. And I am forced to use auto-aim. free world is one thing, but in death match wtf is that newb sh*t!

yeah this.. kinda..

It sucks that you can't change on the fly - at least in the host screen when you're the host.. It sucks that your free roam sessions are locked down so whatever the mode is, the mode is for everyone.. I too would rather free-aim EVEN AGAINST you people who just can't live without AA... I'd rather play with ALL my friends and not have to choose which mode I want to play with before the game lets me join friends.

couse im a pc gamer and free aiming with the controller is liker trying to find a mermaids vagina

The mermaid vagina is in the rear... just below the zipper.

I'm a PC gamer too, but I have no trouble with hand-eye coordination.

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Use a sniper all the time in auto aim. That's the edge you need. Heavy sniper for that one shot kill. Headshot every time if you have skill.

Uhh-shon-tee
  • Uhh-shon-tee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

If the game was dedicated to one aim type, free aim will be the way to go because of the leveled playing field.

-Seperates the inexperienced players from the experienced.

-Natural and personal progression in combat, more rewarding.

-Makes combat much more immersive and satisfying.

-Much more challenging to shoot players out of their vehicles.

-For highly competitive players, they can brag and all that b.s. (I'm a humble player, but online games wouldn't be the same without them)

-When heist comes, betrayal is much more difficult to attempt and get away with (if that feature will still be included ).

Regardless of aim types, I respect the decision either one makes, but I feel that games are holding the players' hands a bit more than before. Could be because I'm getting older or whatever, but games seem to be avoiding to challenge players. I would stay on Aim Assist but only if they removed locking on to players in vehicles and decreasing the lock-on timer since we're mostly using automatic weaponry.
  • Magick and EyeMacHunt like this

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by Rokbang, 21 January 2014 - 09:04 PM.

If the game was dedicated to one aim type, free aim will be the way to go because of the leveled playing field.

-Seperates the inexperienced players from the experienced.

-Natural and personal progression in combat, more rewarding.

-Makes combat much more immersive and satisfying.

-Much more challenging to shoot players out of their vehicles.

-For highly competitive players, they can brag and all that b.s. (I'm a humble player, but online games wouldn't be the same without them)

-When heist comes, betrayal is much more difficult to attempt and get away with (if that feature will still be included ).

Regardless of aim types, I respect the decision either one makes, but I feel that games are holding the players' hands a bit more than before. Could be because I'm getting older or whatever, but games seem to be avoiding to challenge players. I would stay on Aim Assist but only if they removed locking on to players in vehicles and decreasing the lock-on timer since we're mostly using automatic weaponry.

This is true though, games aren't as difficult as they were. Back then, you could actually get stuck at places in a game. You could actually fail many many times before you got it right, whatever it was.

Now they always tell you everything you need to do to, where to look, who to shoot, when to shoot and so on. Like L.A. Noire, how friggin hard is it to solve a case when the controller starts vibrating when you're next to a clue? I actually had hopes for that game, but it was way too easy. That is also why I find auto aim repulsive, not aiming for yourself, what the hell..

This goes for every game btw, I want to aim for myself otherwise there is no challenge.

• Magick likes this

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

free-aimsucks_zpsfcc1e4b5.jpg

• am30 likes this

Uhh-shon-tee
  • Uhh-shon-tee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

If the game was dedicated to one aim type, free aim will be the way to go because of the leveled playing field.-Seperates the inexperienced players from the experienced.-Natural and personal progression in combat, more rewarding.-Makes combat much more immersive and satisfying.-Much more challenging to shoot players out of their vehicles.-For highly competitive players, they can brag and all that b.s. (I'm a humble player, but online games wouldn't be the same without them)-When heist comes, betrayal is much more difficult to attempt and get away with (if that feature will still be included ).Regardless of aim types, I respect the decision either one makes, but I feel that games are holding the players' hands a bit more than before. Could be because I'm getting older or whatever, but games seem to be avoiding to challenge players. I would stay on Aim Assist but only if they removed locking on to players in vehicles and decreasing the lock-on timer since we're mostly using automatic weaponry.

This is true though, games aren't as difficult as they were. Back then, you could actually get stuck at places in a game. You could actually fail many many times before you got it right, whatever it was. Now they always tell you everything you need to do to, where to look, who to shoot, when to shoot and so on. Like L.A. Noire, how friggin hard is it to solve a case when the controller starts vibrating when you're next to a clue? I actually had hopes for that game, but it was way too easy. That is also why I find auto aim repulsive, not aiming for yourself, what the hell.. This goes for every game btw, I want to aim for myself otherwise there is no challenge.

I find that very true. It's a bit difficult think about the last game that had me stuck on a level that took a good amount of tries to get it right. The last games that actually posed an actual challenge that I've played were Hotline Miami and SSX. But even after those, my reaction wasn't all like "Holy sh*t, that was f*ckin' hard" or anything along those lines, and man, I'm phening for reaction for a game. Lol. Free aim to me is the natural way to play, and that's not even all that difficult. Only real problem is population in GTAO.

Ickabob7734
  • Ickabob7734

Likes Pie

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

sW9i78L.jpg

• iainspad likes this

Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

sW9i78L.jpg

/thread.
  • Ickabob7734 and iainspad like this

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:33 AM Edited by Enchilada, 22 January 2014 - 12:33 AM.

I don't know if this is true but every time I roll and shoot from the hip, it feels assisted. Even Red Dead had a lock-on in hardcore lobbies. Weird but true

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

I don't know if this is true but every time I roll and shoot from the hip, it feels assisted. Even Red Dead had a lock-on in hardcore lobbies. Weird but true

wat? On free aim, you get assisted aim after rolling?

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

couse im a pc gamer and free aiming with the controller is liker trying to find a mermaids vagina

This^

BEST POST EVER

being a free-aim elitist on a console is absurd!. Meet me on COD on the PC and we can talk about free-aim some more. 

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

This^
BEST POST EVER

being a free-aim elitist on a console is absurd!. Meet me on COD on the PC and we can talk about free-aim some more. 
a real gamer adapts to the mechanics.
  • Magick likes this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

This^
BEST POST EVER

Glad we agree , now stfu 

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Whoever revived this thread is a dick.

• am30 likes this

Rokbang
  • Rokbang

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Whoever revived this thread is a dick.

u mad?

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

I switched to auto aim because I wanted race lobbies that had more than two people in it.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

This^
BEST POST EVER

Agreed, which is the whole point of playing any game. :D

Using cheat mechanics to play a game is the absurd part.  Almost as absurd as thinking players who free aim are elitists. 

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

LOL!  I'm not an elite gamer on a console, very casual...but to hear you PC gamers talk about how hard free aim is on consoles is hilarious.  How bad do you have to suck to act as if free aim is so hard on a controller??  PC gaming sucks and a keyboard and mouse is for kids.  Free aim on a keyboard and mouse is childs play...anyone can do it.  

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by Vooodu, 25 January 2014 - 04:22 PM.

LOL!  I'm not an elite gamer on a console, very casual...but to hear you PC gamers talk about how hard free aim is on consoles is hilarious.  How bad do you have to suck to act as if free aim is so hard on a controller??  PC gaming sucks and a keyboard and mouse is for kids.  Free aim on a keyboard and mouse is childs play...anyone can do it.  

To be honest Mouse And Keyboard is not the superior method anyways.

Its analog and mouse.  Which is what i use on PC.  Mouse is great for aiming but a keyboard is not better for movement and never will be.  I use the hybrid on my PC.

But i agree.. Mouse is easy.  And thats the basic mindset of some of these players.    Once they do things the easy way they just can't grasp doing anything difficult.

Its also why most players in competitive games always try to pub stomp players with inferior skills.  The moment they face anyone better the usually quit or rage..or both.

Free aim is not difficult in GTA at all.   It just not as easy as auto aim.   I was in a AA death match a few days ago and just laughed.  I was 11-1 with a SNS and every kill was a head shot.    The whole death match i was just trying to avoid being in auto aim range.  Which to me makes no sense at all.

At the end of the day.  The one thing that makes Free Aim better is NOT the so called 'skill tag' that some players seem to want to attach to it.  Its that players actually have the chance to dodge all the bullets and bop you across the face with a gold club.  

Its the constant missing that adds excitement to any violent encounter.  Not the pin point accuracy.

• Magick likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:30 PM Edited by am30, 25 January 2014 - 04:30 PM.

Simple, I play auto aim because that's how single player is. Right after I finished the story I jumped right into GTAO. I never realized people got so upset over it until I came to these forums. 

The sad thing is, it isn't something worth getting upset about!  Pseudo-elitism in GTA O, whatever next?

Why these people can't understand it's an each to their own thing, live and let live, it doesn't do you any harm so why moan, horses for courses (and other such cliches) is beyond all reasonable and intelligent comprehension.

As I said, pseudo-elitism ove a video game.  You've got to laugh at it all, I sure as hell do.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:58 PM Edited by Vooodu, 25 January 2014 - 05:01 PM.

The sad thing is, it isn't something worth getting upset about!  Pseudo-elitism in GTA O, whatever next?

Why these people can't understand it's an each to their own thing, live and let live, it doesn't do you any harm so why moan, horses for courses (and other such cliches) is beyond all reasonable and intelligent comprehension.

As I said, pseudo-elitism ove a video game.  You've got to laugh at it all, I sure as hell do.

I laugh all the time when i play AA death matches.  Mostly because its sad...lol

But i do save a ton of ammo using my SNS getting head shots with ease.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Because it makes OP mad.

Seriously, just because I can't be asked. And I've grown to enjoy the fast action pace.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

I laugh all the time when i play AA death matches.  Mostly because its sad...lol

You just can't help yourself can you?  Always got to have a little dig.  Pathetic.

I really do laugh at some of the stuff you lay down.

Because it makes OP mad.

Seriously, just because I can't be asked. And I've grown to enjoy the fast action pace.

You lazy bum you! :lol:

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

If you are in free aim then so is everyone else numbnuts. Why does it matter to you what people do when you don't even see anyone using auto aim? So stop your whining and go back to your free aim ghost town and stfu.

Free aim is not a ghost town, i personally dont have problems finding people. But after every mission/job i get chucked in together with AA players ... its about player attitude, everything gets dumbed down to pokemon standards and its just pathetic to watch ... And i repeat - why would anyone find it fun to fire a gun if you dont get to aim yourself ? ... unless they are blind or disabled ...

So you ARE getting killed by auto aim. This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Because why the hell not? Look, we can argue all we want, we can list down lots of reasons why free aim is better than AA and vice versa, but in the end, it's still our decision.

If the guy doesn't want to free aim, fine. I don't see why peeps care so much about someone else's choices. There's more productive ways to spend time.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

You just can't help yourself can you?  Always got to have a little dig.  Pathetic.

I really do laugh at some of the stuff you lay down.

Dig at what?   

You can keep laughing at me.. Il keep laughing at the aim bots.  :D

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by iainspad, 25 January 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Why is there so much elitism on free aim? I understand it takes a lot more skill to use free aim but it doesn't make you better player imo. I tried the assisted aim and I f*cking hated it. I would probably use free aim, but I like the auto aim too much, it's always how I've played GTA anyway. It doesn't make me any less of a player in the same sense that a free aim user makes them a better shot.

This isn't an FPS game anyway, so why does it matter? Auto aim still has some freedom, at least it doesn't automatically target your head from a long range.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Wow. How many cookies do you go through in a day? Surely you are asking for another. After all that running away from the fight in AA deathmatch so you could be out of range to head shot somebody else, you must be hungry.

And the fact you had to tell people about it not once, but twice in less than 5 posts... Holy sh*t bro... You should get a medal of recognition too!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users