Hunting Mission

9 replies to this topic
am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hello all, I come seeking advice and help.

I have nearly completed GTA V (I am currenyl at 99.8%) and am being continually knackered by the same challenge.  Basically, I have completed 41 out of the 42 Hobbies and Pastimes missions so I thought I'd do a spot of hunting and make it to 100% completion.

I have completed the Master Hunter and the Weapon Master challenges but am unable to pass the Nature Photographer challenge.  I am stuck on rank 4 (despite already being awarded rank 5), which is to take a photo of an elk corpse and a charging cougar.  So far I've sent 3 such photos to Cletus.  On the first photo he replied asking why they were still standing so I thought I'd try and be clever and kill the mountain lion as soon as I had sent the photo.  Cletus replied complaining about my use of a machine gun to kill the cougar, even thought it was alive in the photo.  The third photo went the same as the second one only he complained about the use of a sub-machine gun.

So now I'm shooting elk left right and centre and standing on the back of Trevors pick-up (for safety reasons) waiting for a cat to turn up, which invariably comes from the opposite direction fromthe one I need.  It's so tedious and not a good way to end what has been a pretty epic game.  I'm wanting to get on with crackiong the Mount Chilliad mystery and do some UFO spotting!

Has anyone else experienced this problem and managed to get around it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

HVS5b
  • HVS5b

Just this dude...

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

To get basic comlpetion just hunt from dawn to dusk bagging as many beasties as u can.

I only did two 'special' photos and have the task completed on the checklist.

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Thanks HVS5b.

I'll give that a go tomorrow night and try and rack up as many dead elk as I can.  Hopefully that does the trick.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by Spuds725, 31 October 2013 - 03:44 AM.

Hunting is NOT required for 100%--- so if that is your goal then you are wasting your time.

These are the H & P required for 100%...

Shooting Range: Hand Guns

Shooting Range: Submachine Guns

Shooting Range: Assault Rifles

Shooting Range: Shotguns

Shooting Range: Light Machine Guns

Shooting Range: Heavy

Street Race: South Los Santos

Street Race: City Circuit

Street Race: Airport

Street Race: Freeway

Street Race: Vespucci Canals

Win at Tennis

Play 9 holes of Golf & finish even or below par

Win at Darts

Get a private dance at the Strip Club

Triathlon 1: Vespucci Canals

Triathlon 2: Alamo Sea)

Triathlon 3: Coyote Cross Country

Offroad Race 1: Canyon Cliffs

Offroad Race 2: Ridge Run

Offroad Race 3: Mineward Spiral

Offroad Race 4: Valley Trail

Offroad Race 5: Lakeside Splash

Offroad Race 6: Eco Friendly

Flight School: Training Take Off

Flight School: Runway Landing

Flight School: Inverted Flight

Flight School: Knife Flight

Flight School: Flat Hatting

Flight School: Touch Down

Flight School: Loop the loop

Flight School: Helicopter Course

Flight School: Helicopter Speed Run

Flight School: Skydiving

Flight School: Drop Zone

Flight School: Earn Your Wings

Sea Race: East Coast

Sea Race: North East Coast

Sea Race: Raton Canyon

Sea Race: Lost Santos

Parachuting: Complete all Base Jumps

Parachuting: Complete all Heli Jumps

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

I have completed all of those Hobbies and Pastimes which is why this is so annoying.  I'll have to have a blast through them all again to make sure.

According to Rockstar, Hunting is one of the 59 activities - I only have limited access to Social Club but can see enough to know what missions I should go for - though going by that list I should have the required 42, but my stats are showing 41.  A couple of guides I've been using have also listed hunting as a requirement.  If it isn't hunting, what else can it be?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by Spuds725, 31 October 2013 - 03:53 PM.

See my post here on how to see what you have left on social club.... (there is a thin line to the left of each of the icons for things required for 100% other then Random events which are simply any 14).... I posted a screen shot so you can see-- I never noticed the lines until they were pointed out to me-- I'm at 98.5% done now with only Triathalon and Knife flights left to do.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063930931

It is worth it to note that when I was doing my last street race that when I did it and did not win-- it gives you the option to "retry" (push x to retry)-- I did this and won but it would not register as complete--- I had to reload or do a fresh start and win in order for it to register-- my point is it could be this or maybe one of the other ones not showing up because you "retried" it after not winning.

I am absolutely positive that hunting is NOT required.

HTH

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by am30, 31 October 2013 - 08:07 PM.

The street and sea races are an easy one to try.  I've won them all, but not always at the first attempt.  Some I went for the retry option.  I'll give that a go.  Thanks for your help.

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Well I finally got it.  100% completion!  It was a game of tennis that was holding me back.

Thanks to HVS5b and Spuds725 for their help and advice.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

Congrats-- I should have mine later today-- did my knife flights last night-- have just the "long" triathalon left-- I tried it one time but crashed and died on the bike portion.... sitting at 99.8%

GTA Worthy
  • GTA Worthy

GTA OG

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Haha I had to win a game of tennis too cause it was showing 1 missing .. I had no idea what I was missing cause I did everything.. then I thought about it and decided to give it a shot and that was it lol I only one 1 match against Trevor and I must have had it on 1 set instead of 1 game.. tricky tricky haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users