Shiny vs rusty Rebel

39 replies to this topic
abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

I had a shiny Rebel with roof lights and traded it for a rusty one with much more visual mods, but it seems not to perform as well off road. Am I just imagining it or there is a difference in performance?

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

there is a difference.. that's why i kept the clean one. shame it doesn't have the same mods as the rusty one

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

So the rusty truck performs differently than the non rusty one, but its the same truck ?

thats f*cking stupid

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

So the rusty truck performs differently than the non rusty one, but its the same truck ?

thats f*cking stupid

It's Rockstar, what do you expect?

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

thats f*cking stupid

yeah..   same situation as IV.. the rusty cars had way less power than their clean versions. what i find a lot more stupid is that it's the same f*cking truck, yet the mods that obviously fit onto it can't be bought :/  why?

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

well it is rusty if an engine was rusty wouldnt it perform bad :catspider:

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

thats f*cking stupid

It's Rockstar, what do you expect?

Ahah.. Tbh, i dont even know how to answer that.. but i surely wouldnt expect two identical trucks to handle different cus one has a little cancer in the fenders.

Batallions
  • Batallions

God

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Fraizer
  • Fraizer

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

I just don't understand this crap Rockstar have done with vehicles and their mods. It's ridiculous there are rusty variations of certain vehicles and they have different/no mods for one... It makes me wonder if it was intended or if it should just be wrote off as another glitch to add to pile of existing ones.

Benargee
  • Benargee

Blaine County Bush Pilot

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

A rusty car/ engine is a sign of how well it is taken care of IRL. Neglected engines loose horsepower from lack of maintence. This includes oil, replacing worn parts and keeping the engine tuned. so yeah rust and horsepower can be associated.

I still find it dumb that the clean one has less mods, it would be nice to have a bad ass off-roader with a clean paint job. 

Em_Kayz
  • Em_Kayz

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Obviously the rusty one is supposed to be a worn out vehicle version of the non rusty one as it would appear to be newer, or more well kept..? 

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by abnorm, 30 October 2013 - 09:03 PM.

I guess I'll be switching back to shiny rebel. Will have to hunt down one with roof lights again.

Rusty one looks so unique though with the space truck bed. I never seen anyone else with one.

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Only way to know is by looking at the handling file. I found it once before but cant find it again... Still looking.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

Only way to know is by looking at the handling file. I found it once before but cant find it again... Still looking.

We need people like you to make a stat list of the cars in GTA V. IGN's are inaccurate and you can f*ck the bars in-game.

We had an EXACT stat sheet for GTA IV (When I say exact I mean the exact mass, bullet resistance etc), why not GTA V? Though this may have been done after the PC version came out, and looking at the files on PC is way easier than Console. 

• multi3352 likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

I have the clean rebel fully customized. it doesn't have the lightbar on top though and i would love to find one that has that. would consider trading one for the other.

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

I have the clean rebel fully customized. it doesn't have the lightbar on top though and i would love to find one that has that. would consider trading one for the other.

I will find one tonight. I believe I know a good way. Shiny ones spawn under the North Chumash bridge. If you find one that doesn't have the lights, drive the one you found around Trevor's house. I accidentally found it while waiting for the Rat Loader to spawn.

Vietnam1
  • Vietnam1

Car locater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

I see more clean rebels with roof fogs or Bullbar #1 than the 1 with Bullbar #2 on clean rebels. As for the difference. After fully side by side testing with my friends fully modded baja rebel. The clean 1 has slightly better acceleration & traction. Im also curious if clean rebels can actually have both roof fog + either bullbars simultaneously. Also anyones clean rebel have glitch icon in garage that says "img" instead of the Karin logo?

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

On my rusty rebel, the "rebel" logo disappears when I walk closer to it.

I've never seen one with both bullbar and roof lights. Would be cool if they exist.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Can the clean rebel even spawn with both roof lights and a bullbar?

I know the lights can spawn on the front of the cab roof or on top of the roll bar, and I know that it can spawn with one of two bullbars, or none at all, but I've not seen a clean one with both at once.

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

The ones I've seen under the bridge only spawn with bullbar or without. Where can I find ones with roof lights?

Garland137
  • Garland137

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

I really wish the clean Rebel had all the bed options that the rusty one does.  I have mine done up like a trophy truck, and it'd be nice to see all those pipes with clean chrome and not rust everywhere.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

i have the non rusty rebel with the lights in the grill. i want to find one with the lights on the roof.

0_0.jpg

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by abnorm, 31 October 2013 - 07:48 PM.

Anyone willing to dupe one with roof lights? I am on xbox. I have a lot of rare cars.

I only found one with rooflights once near Trevor's place while looking for rat loader. Wish I kept it. Last night I went back, but couldn't find it again.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Rusty rebel over shiny ANY day. Shiny/glossy offroad vehicles, primarily trucks, look weak and girly. You gotta keep it rugged and manly, otherwise, stay off the dirt and keep cruising that shiny rebel thru the city.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Rusty rebel over shiny ANY day. Shiny/glossy offroad vehicles, primarily trucks, look weak and girly. You gotta keep it rugged and manly, otherwise, stay off the dirt and keep cruising that shiny rebel thru the city.

well i was going after the marty mcfly truck look and since that was a brand new truck, it wasn't rusty.

i003742.jpg

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I prefer the look of the rusty one also, but unfortunately it performs much worse.

Electrogypsy
  • Electrogypsy

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Gotta love the clean one.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

This.

The Clean one goes WAY faster than I thought.  I would never replace it.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:07 AM

Gotta love the clean one.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

i wish i could find one with the lights on top.

abnorm
  • abnorm

Mr. Logic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by abnorm, 01 November 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Finally found one with rooflights, but I am kind of over it :D

Trevor's Bohdi is much faster and tougher, has working rooflights, seats 4. Just doesn't have the same clearance.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users